00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

JohanL's Art thread

44,452 Views | 504 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-25 20:44:43

Something new:

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-26 20:18:30

At 3/25/08 08:44 PM, JohanL wrote: Something new:

damn, i wish i could color like you

legs seem a bit off

nice painting anyway

BBS Signature

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-26 21:47:06

At 3/25/08 08:44 PM, JohanL wrote: Something new:

Sweet as hell! Cool concept, great coloring make for an outstanding piece! Tell me Johan, are you still using photoshop these days, or is that painter? If its PS, I would give you a million cool points if you tell me some of your brush settings!

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-26 21:55:30

JohanL, that last piece is awesome. Those arms are sweet.

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-26 22:55:08

At 3/26/08 08:18 PM, PandaMime wrote: damn, i wish i could color like you

legs seem a bit off

nice painting anyway

Yeah I've been having a hard time drawing legs lately, actually. I started doing a few anatomy studies, hope it pays off.. Thank you for commenting! :)

At 3/26/08 09:47 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Sweet as hell! Cool concept, great coloring make for an outstanding piece! Tell me Johan, are you still using photoshop these days, or is that painter? If its PS, I would give you a million cool points if you tell me some of your brush settings!

Thank you! I'm using Painter for all my pictures, I never really got into Photoshop..
I really wanted some cool points. :<

At 3/26/08 09:55 PM, nathanielmilburn wrote: JohanL, that last piece is awesome. Those arms are sweet.

Thanks man :)

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-27 00:58:15

At 3/26/08 10:55 PM, JohanL wrote:

Thank you! I'm using Painter for all my pictures, I never really got into Photoshop..
I really wanted some cool points. :<

Haha, well you get cool points just for all the incredible work I have seen from you in my time in the forums! I will definitely have to try out the downsized painter they gave me with the tablet, it looks so much more like real painting!

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-27 15:51:25

another one:

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-27 16:03:31

I really think you need to get out of your comfort zone when it comes to faces. Most of the are very similar with the bone structure and facial features. Kind of seems that your drawing the same guy over and over again, if ya know what I mean.

Everything looks really nice and shiny though, and damn! You're impoving fast. That chainsaw guy is awesome.

Doors. You'll know when they're appropriate.

dA

BBS Signature

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-27 16:25:02

At 3/27/08 04:03 PM, Maxxor wrote: I really think you need to get out of your comfort zone when it comes to faces. Most of the are very similar with the bone structure and facial features. Kind of seems that your drawing the same guy over and over again, if ya know what I mean.

True, true. I mostly try new things when it comes to faces, like expressions and such, but they fail quite hard, and I just end up doing the same stuff I've done so many times before. Thanks for your comment man, I helps me get motivated to draw more from reference.

Everything looks really nice and shiny though, and damn! You're impoving fast. That chainsaw guy is awesome.

Thank you ;)

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-28 22:17:21

Here's something drawn from ref, I would do more but I gotta go to bed

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-28 22:35:05

WOW your stuff is just amazingly awsome. It's as good if not better than the art in some of the comic books I read.

BBS Signature

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-03-29 09:23:43

At 3/28/08 10:35 PM, epicmaster13 wrote: WOW your stuff is just amazingly awsome. It's as good if not better than the art in some of the comic books I read.

Thanks man! :)

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-04 19:50:47

I decided to join a daily sketch group thread on conceptart, where the topic is; helmet rider on speeding alien racer beast.

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-04 20:00:58

great speed blur on the ground.. you really get a sense of his high speed. I think the only thing i wish you would have done is fixed the helmet riders hand so that he has his fingers clawed onto the creature like hes holding on for dear life... right now his arm feels kinda listless and contradictory to how recklessly fast that sucker is going.

None

BBS Signature

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-04 20:02:45

At 4/4/08 07:50 PM, JohanL wrote: I decided to join a daily sketch group thread on conceptart, where the topic is; helmet rider on speeding alien racer beast.

Niiice. I agree with Luis about the hand though.

Doors. You'll know when they're appropriate.

dA

BBS Signature

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-05 00:44:58

that's sick dude.

it was kinda hard to make out at first cause their positions don't seem very nature.

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-10 17:13:58

Thanks for your comments guys. I see the hand-thing, but I proboably wont go into details, since this is a daily thing and the focus is to stay loose and just keep drawing. But it's always nice to get crits on what I do, I really appreciate it. :)
Here's a new character I drew, about 2 hours in, still not getting the anatomy right. :<

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-11 16:42:39

I decided to start over with a new piece, I thought this one turned out a little better.

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-11 19:05:30

Enviroment practice, no ref

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-12 21:12:31

one more

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-13 06:33:48

really REALLY cool,
I personally think that you are one of the greatest artist of NG.
Do you use any brush setting in particular?

hehe, I actually wanted to ask you to draw something for me for my upcoming movie, but I know you don't take requests and I'm poor when it comes to money XD.
Keep up the good work.

Btw: The Grass land Enviroment's light source must be a bit brighter. It looks a little (read: very little)

flat... But for the rest it's grrrrreat :D

"Live The Life."

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-13 12:20:53

At 4/11/08 04:42 PM, JohanL wrote: I decided to start over with a new piece, I thought this one turned out a little better.

The legs on this on are really messed up. One of them is visibly thinner than the other. Still, a very good piece.

Have I told you how much I love you? Your pieces are absolutely incredible. The atmosphere of your stuff is so unique. You've got a great art style.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-13 12:33:45

At 4/11/08 07:05 PM, JohanL wrote: Enviroment practice, no ref

beautiful mountains. i like the castle in the distance.

Make me a sandwich, damnit.

BBS Signature

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-13 14:54:32

At 4/13/08 06:33 AM, NewGroundsLvLER wrote: really REALLY cool,
I personally think that you are one of the greatest artist of NG.
Do you use any brush setting in particular?

Nah, I try to experiment as much as possible with brushes, especially now that I have downloaded a new set for PS.

hehe, I actually wanted to ask you to draw something for me for my upcoming movie, but I know you don't take requests and I'm poor when it comes to money XD.
Keep up the good work.

Btw: The Grass land Enviroment's light source must be a bit brighter. It looks a little (read: very little)
flat... But for the rest it's grrrrreat :D

Aight, thanks man ;)

At 4/13/08 12:20 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 4/11/08 04:42 PM, JohanL wrote: I decided to start over with a new piece, I thought this one turned out a little better.
The legs on this on are really messed up. One of them is visibly thinner than the other. Still, a very good piece.

I wanted it to look like he's standing/walking with one leg a bit in front of the other. Oh well

Have I told you how much I love you? Your pieces are absolutely incredible. The atmosphere of your stuff is so unique. You've got a great art style.

Thank you! <3

At 4/13/08 12:33 PM, hijackreaper wrote:
At 4/11/08 07:05 PM, JohanL wrote: Enviroment practice, no ref
beautiful mountains. i like the castle in the distance.

Thanks mate :3

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-18 14:18:45

enviroment sketch made in painter, ref used:

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-18 14:22:43

the swedish flag monster thingy on the second page is awesome
fancy doing one with the union jack?
hehe, looks brill

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-18 14:35:12

At 10/30/06 01:33 PM, JohanL wrote: Yep, I'ts another personal art thread. I made this because of the same reasons as everybody else, so now I don't have to type a long introduction. yay.

Oh My God, thats brillant, you made blur didnt you? Nice touch man, nice touch

Need Samples for your animation projects?

https://freesound.org/people/magnuswaker/

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-18 20:05:59

At 4/18/08 02:22 PM, Shea08 wrote: the swedish flag monster thingy on the second page is awesome
fancy doing one with the union jack?
hehe, looks brill

mm proboably not, if you check out the c.o.w thread where I originally posted that pic there's alot of entries with that flag though. thanks for the comment!

At 4/18/08 02:35 PM, pspmad wrote: Oh My God, thats brillant, you made blur didnt you? Nice touch man, nice touch

nah I did'nt use any blur effects for that picture, just blending and a whole lot of highlights. glad you liked it man

here's another entry for the daily sketch group over at CA. Topic this time was:
Small spacecraft flies past the alien mega-trees

JohanL's Art thread

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-18 20:16:36

This is one of the wallpapers I made for my future movies. I'd rather call the episode "If I Had A Hammer..." though.

JohanL's Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to JohanL's Art thread 2008-04-18 20:21:04

At 4/18/08 08:16 PM, ixintro wrote: This is one of the wallpapers I made for my future movies. I'd rather call the episode "If I Had A Hammer..." though.

what.