Be a Supporter!

Santana High School, Santee, CA

  • 8,987 Views
  • 159 Replies
Respond to this Topic
newjack
newjack
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 7th, 2001 @ 08:18 PM Reply

what i REALLY REALLY want is a crew pick s section. a section where Tom picks THE BESTOF THE PORTAL
that way no good animation gets overvoted.(ie street life, 2d boxing, etc

impin
impin
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 7th, 2001 @ 10:59 PM Reply

the gun issue was obviously raised because of the weapon this kid used.... a gun (ta da. for all you anti-gun readers out there i am in need to remind you of a quote: "guns dont kill people people kill people." And many of you anti-gun nuts out there think guns should be illegalized. hasnt anyone ever taught any of you that a weapon is only as good or evil as the person behind it, and its kind of obvious this kid was a little whack. jesus i bet you anti-gun nuts dont even eat meat out there.

listen teen-violence is no differet than ever. kids have always had altercations, my dad who is 56 remebers when 4 kids killed some 2 kids using a baseball bat (a baseball bat not a gun). it doest matter what kind of weapon a person uses there is still a chance the victims will die. also note that i do not believe what this kid has done was right it is still a crime, but it still would be a crime if he killed some kids with a knife or guitar or anything.

impin
impin
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 7th, 2001 @ 11:09 PM Reply

At 3/6/01 11:02 PM, Nocturne wrote: True it's very sad that this happens, it should never happen ever. and now they're looking for a motive, instead of thinking about how they can prevent this from happening again. Maybe if guns weren't so readily available they could cut down on a lot of this shit going on, I don't come from the US but from the UK and when i was over here i was shocked to see them selling guns down the local Wal-Mart you can imagine it

customer "Umm where's the milk"
Staff "Third isle right next to the handguns"

I mean what the fuck is happening, the worse thing is they kept them right next to the childrens toy rows. But you don't hear them cry good god this is the xth time this has happened why don't we tighten the laws, but no it'll be oh lets blame...

(Bets on)
Eminem 2/1
Marilyn Manson 4/1
Cradle Of Filth 10/1
The Backstreet Boys (ok maybe not)

But you never hear of this going on in other countries, no teenager has even gone and shot up his school in England and as fa as i know i haven't heard of it happening in another country. Maybe it's time to place the blame on the perpetrator and the gun culture instead of blaming unrelated incidents so that so that Mr.X can hang onto his six shooter in case America gets invaded (Yeah fuck right). But I'm sure this has already been pointed out in nearly every other post today :)

okay your points been made but when america was first founded it had to be fought over by the british (which im assuming you are). By using our own firearms we were able to defeat the british (still holding some grudge against us eh), and create a great nation where a person can express himself freely. as i recall in a history lesson sometime ago, america was started because they wanted freedom from an oppresive (british) religion (i still dont know i might have been kind of baked during that history lesson).

impin
impin
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 7th, 2001 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 3/6/01 11:08 PM, Nocturne wrote:

...so if his father owned a propane refilling station, would we ban propane?

And when does the tool of destruction suddenly become the evil instead of the person who is using it?
This just seems like a stupid thing to say, Guns have no other use than to kill and maim people, correct me if i'm wrong can they do anything else. True you can use propane to torch someone but you can also use it for lights, you can run someone over with your car but you can also use it to gt to work, you can stab someone to death with a knife but you can also use self same knife to prepare dinner. But a gun has no other purpose than to blow someone's innards all over the nearest surface.

All right you say guns have no point to maim or kill anybody, and thats true, but how would you use the knife to cut the meat if you did't have a gun to kill your dinner

Nyghtmyst
Nyghtmyst
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 7th, 2001 @ 11:38 PM Reply

March 7th 2001

Another school shooting- Bishop Neuman High school
Williamsport Pennsylvania.1 day after the cali shooting

Two eight graders , no fatalities, 1 injury.

Even our religios schools are not safe.

How bright does the future look now?

redfxdotnet
redfxdotnet
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 03:15 AM Reply

At 3/7/01 10:59 PM, impin wrote: the gun issue was obviously raised because of the weapon this kid used.... a gun (ta da. for all you anti-gun readers out there i am in need to remind you of a quote: "guns dont kill people people kill people." And many of you anti-gun nuts out there think guns should be illegalized.

Dude.... what the hell do you need a gun for? The only thing I can think of is to kill an animal for food... do you really go out and kill your own dinner? I think that's why we have supermarkets bud. ANd do you think it would be that easy for 'people to kill people' without their prescious guns... ever heard of a drive-by knifing? I don't know why you people can't accept the fact that GUNS ARE BAD THINGS DESIGNED TO KILL AND YOU CAN DO WITHOUT THEM. Haven't you heard the stories of kids 'accidentally' getting their hands on guns and shooting someone? WHat if that gun wasn't there in the first place. (you'll of course argue this by saying that it should've been locked up - but again... people aren't responsible)

Maybe you should stop defending your precious guns and realize they're useless unless you want to harm someone. And i'm sure your police forces are much more effective when citizens are packin' sawed off shotguns and shit.

Yes, the kid did kill the people, but so did the gun. You explain to me why you need a gun and I'll listen, and don't say 'for protection' cause if nobody else had one you wouldn't need it. So there it is, all you pro-gun people, tell me all the reasons you need a gun.

AgeOfTheRenegade
AgeOfTheRenegade
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 07:34 AM Reply

Sorry tom this has nothing to do with your post but i would like to ask you something..perhaps u should make a vote or something about whether u should implement this but i think it would be a good bit of help towards ur 20k a month problem. Give out like bonus experience points when u kill a movie so that people will go through the portal looking for really shitty movies, that are around the 98 votes mark and are under 1.50. i know i go around doing this because i like having the "wham u just deleted a movie" blah blah blah on my screen. if gives me a warm feeling inside.hehe. anyway think about it..or maybe u could clear out all the shit thats say under 1.25 cos round about there they are just taking up space and are totally lame. thank you for your time.

Abner
Abner
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 11:36 AM Reply

It's a shame my man had to go out like that. About time these pussies got blazed on--that'll teach 'em to shut the fuck up. Permanently.

My favorite is mother fuckers that cry like they knew the people that died, all seekin' attention and shit. Dumb bitches.

If those pussies would have left that kid alone, all of this wouldn't have happened. Assholes.

Go back to the 9 to 5 people, 'cause no matter what you do, you will always be a slave...

A

Santana High School, Santee, CA

INVERTebrae
INVERTebrae
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 3/6/01 09:45 AM, cannibal518 wrote:

I think you are totally wrong on the aspect of guns being the problem...First of all the whole gun control issue in the US is the democrats back door way of stripping law abiding citizens of their right to own firearms...If they did this i tell you what, the criminals would still have them....So we would all be sitting ducks for criminals...they wouldn't think twice about breaking in if they knew you were unarmed...and i'm not about to put my trust in a police force that takes nearly 20 min to get to my area....On the topic of the school shootings...yes these are tragic but its not fair to place the blame on a gun, a certain type of music, or a video game....the answer is that these people are just insane....how do we solve this???? How knows....but banning things will not stop it..

I agree with the notion that the second Amendment seems to have past its usefulness. Back in the revolutionary war firearms were necessary for the quick assembly of a militia force to fight against the British. Now Handguns are designed for civilian purposes against OTHER CIVILIANS. Handguns are becoming smaller(for concealment), more power and plastic(to pass metal detectors), for "protection purposes"? I think not. People say, "We need guns to abolish the government in case it becomes tyrannical." If so, what can handguns in the hands of some civilians possibly do to an armored tank?
I agree that "guns don't kill people, people do". But guns make killing easier. People often say "Drugs are illegal but they are still used, what will outlawing guns do? Just look at the failure of the prohibition(of alcohol)!" They don't realize that many people use the Law as a standard for what is right and wrong. When you legalize something, you justify its usage in people's minds. Despite the fact that not many people use grenade lauchers in US(in real life:), legalizing grenade lauchers and you will have more people buying it and blowing stuff up.
I don't think the gun control is gonna get any better(plus with the current administration.) but hopefully someday people will find stuff like Quake 3 and NG to be better ways of unleashing their agressions.

Santana High School, Santee, CA

Spunky-the-Lovedog
Spunky-the-Lovedog
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 3/6/01 09:45 AM, cannibal518 wrote:
I think you are totally wrong on the aspect of guns being the problem...First of all the whole gun control issue in the US is the democrats back door way of stripping law abiding citizens of their right to own firearms...If they did this i tell you what, the criminals would still have them....So we would all be sitting ducks for criminals...they wouldn't think twice about breaking in if they knew you were unarmed...and i'm not about to put my trust in a police force that takes nearly 20 min to get to my area....On the topic of the school shootings...yes these are tragic but its not fair to place the blame on a gun, a certain type of music, or a video game....the answer is that these people are just insane....how do we solve this???? How knows....but banning things will not stop it..


I find myself disagreeing, ohhhh, just a little bit. If there was no access to guns he may turned to other methods, but chances are that he would have been far less successful at slaughtering his classmates with say, a knife. Plus, the criminals are more dangerous because they have relatively easy acess to firearms, so of course you wouldn't want them running into your house. But pretty much all of todays crims haven't stopped being the evil fucks they are, even with the threat of being shot up by a right-wing nutcase home owner.

It puts me in mind of a Bill Hicks quotation "There is no connection, and you would be a fool and a communist to make one, between having a gun and shooting someone with it, and not having a gun and not shooting someone."

Spunky-the-Lovedog
Spunky-the-Lovedog
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 3/7/01 11:09 PM, impin wrote:

okay your points been made but when america was first founded it had to be fought over by the british (which im assuming you are). By using our own firearms we were able to defeat the british (still holding some grudge against us eh), and create a great nation where a person can express himself freely. as i recall in a history lesson sometime ago, america was started because they wanted freedom from an oppresive (british) religion (i still dont know i might have been kind of baked during that history lesson).

Ok, so don't get me wrong, i'm not defending the British (I never have been, and never will be, a patriot) and the idea of creating a country which allows a person freedom from opression and freedom of expression is sound, but that country isn't America. Cointelpro proved that, (look it up) and to be perfectly honest America ended up creating a society where tradgedies such as this are becoming a far more regular thing. To be perfectly honest, blame lies with the scumfuck who pulled the trigger but society, specifically gun culture, is not entirely blameless.

Spunky-the-Lovedog
Spunky-the-Lovedog
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 3/8/01 11:36 AM, Abner wrote: It's a shame my man had to go out like that. About time these pussies got blazed on--that'll teach 'em to shut the fuck up. Permanently.

My favorite is mother fuckers that cry like they knew the people that died, all seekin' attention and shit. Dumb bitches.

If those pussies would have left that kid alone, all of this wouldn't have happened. Assholes.

Go back to the 9 to 5 people, 'cause no matter what you do, you will always be a slave...

A

Suck the smeg cheese off my dick-head you tragically sad little shit.

cannibal518
cannibal518
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 06:11 PM Reply

told me to read a book called More Guns = Less Violence. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Yeah, if only everyone had 20 guns, we would be just fine.

You see folks this is why we have so many problems in the US....Its because of ignorant morons like captain_bob....the reason he laughs about that book is because he is too stupid to read it...he would rather make irrational statements about guns then actually back it up with the facts...plus appearently he hasn't read the constitution lately because his idea of the second amendment is totally wrong....observe:

Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the
right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Notice the comma between "...free state" and "the right of the people....." The comma explicitly means that the 2 sections are separate entities..."the right of the people to keep and bear arms" is separate from the "A well regulated....." So this obviously protects the individual persons right to own a firearm...

Well "communist_bob" remember that Adolf Hitler disarmed the people in which he oppressed, and so did Joseph Stalin....and you seem to agree with disarming the people to so guess where that leaves you "comrade"

Ninpo
Ninpo
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 07:57 PM Reply


All right you say guns have no point to maim or kill anybody, and thats true, but how would you use the knife to cut the meat if you did't have a gun to kill your dinner


When was the last time a common person needed a gun to shoot down his dinner? Hell the native americans,mongolians, africans and every other tribe used bows rather than guns (bow hunting is much more noble, especially traditional recurve). Nowadays farmer joe uses a chainsaw ( knife ) rather than blasting it's head off, and its been that way for quite some time (dawn of livestock? circa 1000 B.C?) I like to go into shopright and blast some bird shot into the butterball isle as much as the next guy, but guns are not necesary for survival anymore. We are only aloud to carry them in the event that the government has become too detached and controlling of the public people, as far as I know every vote is still counted ( if curroptly ) and no standing army is knocking on my door. Guns should be kept to a minimum ( hunting, Even tho anyone who couldnt take a deer down without a high powered rifle, scope and whatever else they use has no right to take the life of an animal who doesn't know its playing the game) And baseball bats are much more fun

NirvyWirvy
NirvyWirvy
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 10:17 PM Reply

As I see the whole santana high school situation, i think that the shooter andy was the first victim. having to move away from his friends where he lived and the constant riduling from his peers and the other shit he had to take in other day life obviously made him snap. but killing his class mates was obviously not the best solution to take against the problems, there are better ways to take care of it than that. i get picked on at school quite often because i dont stick up for my self cause i dont think violence is the best action and because im smaller than the assholes that pick on me, and even i would like to kill them sometimes and run senarios through my mind on how i might go about doing it but i would never actually do it no matter how good it seems at the time because if you give it time to cool off you lose the steam you felt at the time. at least i do.

as many of you may disagree or agree thats your own opinion thats mine and some of the wounded or dead probably got what they deserved.

R-Kane
R-Kane
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 3/8/01 06:11 PM, cannibal518 wrote: Well "communist_bob" remember that Adolf Hitler disarmed the people in which he oppressed, and so did Joseph Stalin....and you seem to agree with disarming the people to so guess where that leaves you "comrade"

I agree fully. Take this hypotheical situation...

- All guns are outlawed for civilians

- Guess what happens? The government does something we don't like, such as trying to convert to despotism or something...

- WE ARE POWERLESS TO RESIST

- The whole point of the 2nd Amendment is to give the common man the right to fight against an oppressive government. That includes automatic rifles! What happens when you have a state of martial law in effect, with guards armed with M16s and the like, and the only weapon for the people to use against them are semiautomatic .22 rifles!?

- Gun control is complete BS. I agree completely with the author of The Legacy of Gun Control. On the crime issue...

- If guns are illegal, the criminals will get them. Know why? They are CRIMINALS!!! They don't follow laws!!!

dalimppimp
dalimppimp
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 8th, 2001 @ 11:10 PM Reply

FACE IT PPLZ WE LIVE IN A FUCKED UP WORLD, A WORLD WHERE 6 YEAR OLDS SHOOT BECAUSE THEY HAD GUNS IN PLAIN VIEW OF THE KIDZ,AND THAT'S ALL HOW SCHOOL AFTER SCHOOL SHOOTING TOOK PLACE THEY HAD GUNS IN PLAIN VIEW OF THE KIDZ,I HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE THEIR PARENTS?THEY LIKE KEEP GUNS IN KIDS PLAIN SIGHT AND EXPECT SOMTHING NOT TO HAPPEN????AND FOR WHAT JUST BECUZ SOME BITCHES SCREWED WITH HIM,WHY THE HELL DIDN'T HE JUST BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA THEM???HE WAS 6'3 !!!DAMMIT THIS FRICKIN PISSES ME OFF.................

impin
impin
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 9th, 2001 @ 01:24 AM Reply

At 3/7/01 05:27 PM, Captain_Bob wrote: Gun control rant...
First of all, we American citizens do not have the right to bear arms, they have the privelage.
The Second Amendment, far from the Holy Grail the NRA purports it to be, is only for "a well-regulated state millitia." Rights, as the law goes, are only those in the Constitution and the amendments. There is no law that says "you can bear arms, cause God said so". The Supreme Court has never struck down gun control laws on the basis of the Second Amendment. I have personaly read about a case in the 30's where an Olkahoma law prevented the ownership of sawed-off shotguns. A man arrested under that law tried to challenge on the basis that his constitutional right were being violated. The Supreme Court struck that down, saying the Second Amendment does not deal with the private ownership of guns except pretaining to a state-regulated militia, and this man was not a member of one.

Guns make it easier for people to kill each other, espically the kids who are picked on. They are scared already, and will not resort to stabbing. They feel safe behind a gun, it empowers them. If they had the courage to kill people with a knife, they probaly would because it is much more horrific and would have much more psychological impact, which is generally what they're going for, sending out a message, like "Don't fuck with me!" If they did attack people with a knife, they would have to be much more couragous and probaly stupid, because people would be more apt to stop them. Me espically, if I saw someone going after people with a knife, I'd grab a chair or bat and beat his ass savagely.

Guns are a major problem in the U.S. Completely eliminating them will never happen, though, espically here. People sanctify guns for some damn reason. We do need guns for hunting, which helps regulate the animal population, espically where I live. But you don't need a fucking 9 mil to go hunting. Yeah, I'm going to bust a cap in that deer's ass. I personally think the NRA for the most part if retarded, hence the pic. This is definetly going to piss some people off. Some dumbass called me a "bleeding heart liberal" and this other crap and told me to read a book called More Guns = Less Violence. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Yeah, if only everyone had 20 guns, we would be just fine. Grandma walking down the street with a Uzi. Here Johhny, for your 3rd birthday, we got you a brand new sniper rifle! HA HA HA!
Anyway.....

ive said it before and ill say it again its not the guns fault the kid use it to balst away at his fellow students. the person behind the act was the person behind the act whether or not that person was behind a firearm. what maybe you dont understand is most people who own guns keep them for their safety not to kill other people (althought the traditin is a guy fending off the noise downstairs with a baseball bat in his boxers), id feel a lot safer with a gun than a baseball bat if i had to deal with some creep. also the majority of the people in america know how to handle guns safely and that its not cool to shoot at another human being. most of these nuts who get these weapons do it illegally as do most drug users buy their drugs illegally.

MGCJerry
MGCJerry
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 9th, 2001 @ 05:05 AM Reply

March 7th 2001

Another school shooting- Bishop Neuman High school
Williamsport Pennsylvania.1 day after the cali shooting

Two eight graders , no fatalities, 1 injury.

Even our religios schools are not safe.

How bright does the future look now?

Luckily, we won't see Judgement Day. We'll kill ourselves on our own.

zemio
zemio
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 9th, 2001 @ 06:11 AM Reply

At 3/6/01 01:23 AM, Ross wrote: The details are different, but the outcome is the same: it happened again.

On Monday morning, a 15-year-old 9th-grader in Southern California opened fire with a .22 revolver, killing two people and injuring 13. Inevitably, comparisons to Columbine are made, and people cry, scratch their heads, and ask, "How could this have happened?"

But should we be surprised? Doesn't everyone in high school know someone who gets picked on and teased until he or she feels they have to strike back? Haven't we learned anything from the school shootings that preceded yesterday's tragedy? But what is there to learn? Is a school shooting a freak occurrence, or is it indicative of a greater trend? And what about the standard question - "where were the parents?"

There are problems in our society, and incidents like this put the spotlight on some very big ones. So what do we do? Investigate any student who ever expresses ill will towards their teachers and/or schoolmates? Beef up security at the schools? More closely monitor the mental health of the students? What do you say to someone who might seriously be considering violence as a release?

I don't ask these questions because of my affiliation with NG - I ask them as a future parent and a future teacher who knows that something here is very wrong. The solution, if there is one, is light-years away - but each opinion that is expressed gets us a little bit closer.

Click here to read what others are saying on our BBS. What do you think?
zemio
zemio
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 9th, 2001 @ 06:50 AM Reply

It's distressing, to say the least, to see the proliferation of these "get even" type shoot outs.
What most saddens me is the state of mind nessessary for such an act. The person or persons who commit these acts cannot see a time past the act itself.
I think there would be few victims of bullying or other harassment that do not fantasize about putting some heavy duty pay-back on their oppressors, certainly this was true in my case.

However, as satisfying as seeing the expression on the SOB in question's face 2 seconds before you shot him in it would surely be, there is a price to be paid for this pleasure. The law, rightly, calls such an act murder and the price tag is high.

As the victim of bullying in my early teen years, I freely entertained ideas of "getting even" (killing) those who oppressed me. At the same time I had easy access to my father's deer rifle, a weapon of considerably more power and bullet capacity than a .22 pistol. Equally, I had used it before and was well versed in it's use. Add this to the fact that it would have fitted neatly in my guitar case ( I measured it to make sure) and all the elements are there.

In the end, the reason I didnt go on a shooting rampage with it was simple: The people I would have shot and probably killed were not worth it.

Yes, they were worthless scum.

Yes, the world would have been a cleaner place without them.

No, killing them would not have improved my life any, suicide was not part of the plan and I wasnt going to ruin my life just because of them.

In a culture where hand guns are endemic, where whole generations have grown up worshipping at the altar of violence made acceptable, it is no suprise that some tragic souls will see a loaded hand gun as the perfect solution to their problems.
It's no use crying that kids have no idea what they are doing, they see the effect everyday in movies, video games, magazines and music.

MC Hammer: "gonna bust some shots off/gonna dust some cops off" Damn I hate rap music!

Dirty Harry:"Do you ya feel lucky, punk? Well do ya?"

Big Arnie :"Hasta la vista, baby!"

Every day we are told violence, and by extension hand guns, are cool and acceptable.
We see the violent act as the solution and think not beyond it. This is the problem.

America has sown a breeze, and is now reaping the whirlwind.
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms will be the end of America as it was and is. What it will become will have to be new and radically different if it is to avoid turning into one big gangsta horror movie with zero chance of a happy ending.

Spunky-the-Lovedog
Spunky-the-Lovedog
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 9th, 2001 @ 07:22 AM Reply

Ok, to all those who read my review of "gun control!?!"

My stats were a typo.

American deaths due to firearms: 23,000
English deaths due to firearms: 14
As of 1991. When handguns were still legal.

Plus, eggshit was "taking the piss" in his review.

amoqe
amoqe
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 9th, 2001 @ 07:32 AM Reply

You have to be pretty fucking stupid to think that modern abuses of power by your Government can actually be dealt with by the use of handguns. Admittedly if overnight the entire government went mad an armed populace may stand a better chance, but when has something like that ever happened in history? When has a dictator ever arose with no support from the people of the country? When has a legitimately elected government ever simply turned on the entire populace? And if they did, what makes you think your handgun will help you against trained soldiers with tanks etc...

Modern abuses of power such a Clinton's pardoning of Marc Rich (and the rest of them) seem to go completely undealt with in your fucking counrty. And if someone does actually do something, i can guarantee it will not be busting a cap in Clintons Ass.

I suggest all of you who think you need guns to protect yourself from your government need to think about the reality of recent abuses of power and how a gun could actually help deal with them.

Amaltheia167
Amaltheia167
  • Member since: Mar. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 10th, 2001 @ 04:49 PM Reply

I live in southern CA, about 3 hours away from Santee, in suburbs. And I'm not suprised at all. Call it desensitization. I'm just pissed because people are always trying to blame it on someone else, and recently, calling every crime a copycat of this or that and ALWAYS linking it in some way or another to Columbine.
"More closely monitor the mental health of the students?"
I put little faith in the ability of psychs to monitor mental health. They would have pulled me out of my abusive home the minute my parents got divorced if they realized I was only parroting what my mother told me to say.
But they didn't.
They're trying to blame Linkin Park now. Which, of course, brings up the ever present argument about an artist's "social responsibility" to censor their lyrics. Face it, if the kid hadn't been screwed up before, he wouldn't have gone off the edge and shot up a school. Music is probably a contributing factor in all our lives, but it can't drive someone to violence or, in this case "breaking", unless they were already, oh, one egg short of a dozen.
I don't believe there is any way to remedy the school shooting problem other than to change the underlying messages of society. Some music was always violent, as with in the 70's with the punk movement (which wasn't as violent as it was trying to destroy society). Only recently, in the last 10 years, has school violence become a significant problem.
I don't look forward to going to a school with no lockers next year, with metal detectors, with x ray machines like the one at the airport. But I'll have to. Views are changing. People no longer want to go to the root of the problem. They want to fix it with their big guns and consequences. Of course, I use people as a collective phrase for figures of authority.
I'm going to quit pretending that I'm smart now.
Bye.

Amaltheia167
Amaltheia167
  • Member since: Mar. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 10th, 2001 @ 04:52 PM Reply


"I was just watching the newscasts on it and they said this kid's father had a bunch of guns. So I'll have to disagree with you."

The father ALSO had them locked up in a cabinet out of access of his teenage son.

Yellowdairy
Yellowdairy
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 11th, 2001 @ 02:17 AM Reply

this sorta scared me as just last night i had many threatening phone calls to my house and later in the same week as this my friend overheard someone i have some very bad history with say they had a hit list and a plan to kill me and many other people about 5 total with a german shotgun readily available to him, so this worries me a little bit, it's almost becoming popular for the isolated kids to shoot up their school or people they dont like just because they are weak and can't cope with reality. if u r going to take yourself out do me a favor, leave me out of your self pity party

Santana High School, Santee, CA

Nocturne
Nocturne
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 11th, 2001 @ 09:47 AM Reply

All right you say guns have no point to maim or kill anybody, and thats true, but how would you use the knife to cut the meat if you did't have a gun to kill your dinner

Using a gun to kill your dinner as you put it would cause much larger bills than using a blade to do it so typically guns are just used for extinguishing vermin that move quickly. An abbotoir is typically associated with the blade and that is where the dinner is slaughtered.

Nocturne
Nocturne
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 11th, 2001 @ 03:13 PM Reply

okay your points been made but when america was first founded it had to be fought over by the british (which im assuming you are). By using our own firearms we were able to defeat the british (still holding some grudge against us eh), and create a great nation where a person can express himself freely. as i recall in a history lesson sometime ago, america was started because they wanted freedom from an oppresive (british) religion (i still dont know i might have been kind of baked during that history lesson).

Very Valid points there, but now there's no need for the local village militia to have the weapons to take over a small country when the army of all nations has enough weapons to destroy the planet about 12 times over. The reason the pilgrims left britain was because they were religious over zealous and we couldn't put up with them, and yes you did defeat the british grudge but we don't like having it rubbed in our faces continually by one mr Mel Gibson who's bloody Australian anyway. And after the Pilgrims landed accepted help from those nice friendly Native Americans they then used their guns to commit mass Genocide on them as well.

Nocturne
Nocturne
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 11th, 2001 @ 04:21 PM Reply

I agree fully. Take this hypotheical situation...

- All guns are outlawed for civilians

- Guess what happens? The government does something we don't like, such as trying to convert to despotism or something...

- WE ARE POWERLESS TO RESIST

- The whole point of the 2nd Amendment is to give the common man the right to fight against an oppressive government. That includes automatic rifles! What happens when you have a state of martial law in effect, with guards armed with M16s and the like, and the only weapon for the people to use against them are semiautomatic .22 rifles!?

- Gun control is complete BS. I agree completely with the author of The Legacy of Gun Control. On the crime issue...

- If guns are illegal, the criminals will get them. Know why? They are CRIMINALS!!! They don't follow laws!!!

-------------------------------------------------------
This hypothetical situation isn't very realistic at all, as much as we'd all love to pick of members of our government it's not too realistic. Look what happened with JFK he's assasinated and now look how everyone treats his memory as if he was god.

Also the assasination of Arch Duke ferdinand by pistol triggered a war. and no matter how many handguns you've got it's not going to stop that bomb falling on your house is it.

Politics is now a PR was it's not too likely that anyone will try and convert the country because as every american keeps reminding us "that this country is founded on democracy and freedom blah blah blah" They'd never get away with it.

With a gun your far more likely to shoot someone you know coming in late than a burgler, and true however much a pain in the arse it is having your house done over it's still slightly excessive to remove his brains through the front of his head with a high power rifle (i in no way approve of burglary)

and every other country seems to handle itself pretty well without the need for everyone to go around armed to the teeth with an automatic weapon.

JustAMan
JustAMan
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Santana High School, Santee, CA Mar. 11th, 2001 @ 05:02 PM Reply

This is just sad. I agree with some of the people, but I know what it is like to lash out. Most of you think it is either the parents or the guys fault that he shot the gun (by what I've read). But it is mostly the fault of the person that prevoked him, causing so much anger that must be releasd. I know that every one of you guys have kicked stuff, break stuff, or throw stuff when you were angry. Maybe it is partially his parents fault. Maybe it is his fault. But each and every one of you know that most of the blame goes to the one that prevoked him. He may not have done it intentially, but he did it, none the less. And if he is not the one that is dead, then he sitting at home, or at his desk knowing that it is his fault. And some will say, "Hey, it is not your fault!" And he will nod, say thanks. But it is. It is.