00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would you like to be a mod?

100,131 Views | 1,605 Replies

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 02:46:25

I'd like to be a review mod because I spend a lot of time on newgrounds and it would be nice to stop some of the abuse on this site. >^.^<

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 02:47:15

form mod cuz i have spare time, im just like BigBadRon, and i like to troll around the genral topics alot if u need more info wade, just PM me ok?

A toil today is a lesson tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 02:50:55

I think i would be a good reveiw mod. Id like to contribute my free time to helping keep hard working flash makers get the reveiw and constructive critizism they deserve not hate reveiws or insaulting overall innapropriate reviews. Im studying to be a journalist and writing reviews is something im good at and I think seeing other reviews would be good for my studying. If you chose me as a review mod i would be very grateful and work as hard as i can to keep the review system safe.

also some peoples reviews are jsut hilariously stupid and id get a kick outta it.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 03:00:14

At 10/16/06 11:31 PM, WadeFulp wrote: For those of you who would normally keep quiet about wanting to be a mod, because it's against the rules, feel free to let us know your interests here.

I'd suppose the only one of few reasons I'd make a good mod is because I'm pretty level headed and I can stay up late and be on for 4-5 hours at a time. Obviously only having only a 130 or so posts doesn't help my cause, am I right?.. I really could only be a forum mod if anything, and even then I'd only monitor C&C or General mostly...

Eh, I guess the chances are slim anyway. It's not like I'm the best out of the thousands of users.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 03:14:48

I wouldn't mind being a forum or review mod.

:Forum
I find that a lot of redundant topics popup and aren't taken care of as efficiently as they could be... same with flame topics, or just stupid topics to begin with.

:Reviews

I find that there tend to be a slur of reviews that simply don't add anything such as criticism or positive views to it, and are ultimately a waste of database space, (though I'm sure you have enough)

I tend to be on alot, when I sign on, generally around 2:00 or 4:00 (My time is same as Newgrounds, EST,) to vote on Flash and deposit, then I'll lurk and post around in the forums for a few hours. Lately I have been venturing to the programming forums, and looking around the politics or other forums, but I spend most of my time, like most users, in the general topics forum. On a site I run, decent sized community, most of what I do is delete spam posts, and return a derailed thread back on topic. Though, I'm one of the webmasters there, so I'm also programing and designing the layout, features and graphics.

There, my NG "resume" is now complete!

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 03:35:01

I would most like to be a forum mod.

I use the BBS about 50% of the time i'm awake (unless im at school, where they banned NG >:C), i'm awake from about 7/8am - 10pm, british time. I have experience as a mod on other forums, just last week i had to sort out a major crisis on one forum...
I'm also not a power-hungry moron... nope, i just think it would be fun, and thats fun doing it properly, not running around going: "RARRGH I PWNZORZ J000! <lock>"

dammit.. i never was very good at conclusions...

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:14:26

I would be a forum mod.
I have quite a lot of spare time that i use in the bbs.
I hate racism and sexism, i can put up with non hostile immaturity.
If i was a forum mod, I wouldn't let anyone slag off religeons (Except christianity because they slag off others all the time) Because i know what it feels like and it isnt good.

I'm very sorry for asking i don't want to make any trouble.
It's just i would like to help the site out for once.

Yours sincerely
Drillface.

"My name is Legion. For we are many."

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:14:33

if i became a mod i would do the following things in order.

1. shove it in my other friends faces
2. the pm people that idk have commented me and what not and tell them how cool i am/
3. then sit at my computer for the rest of my life untill i kill myself because i jsut went that crazy
.. oh yeha and try to ban bigbadron from the forums for 3 days

:prays to god bigbadron doesn't come around the corner and ban me with his giant band stick

???

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:17:20

I already am a mod on a different forum, I think I have enough on my hands as it is, but I only entered today and from the 4 topics I read, 3 of them made me feel sick already :(
It's bad here, but in case there would be more mods in different time periods, it could leave the forum more clean and open to those who do want to contribute in a polite and constructive manner.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:31:14

A forum mod would be the best posistion for me as I am on the forums for either one long period of the day or multiple short periods. I may be in my last year of school but I still usually go on NG after chores and stay on till late in the evening. I've contributed a lot of time to the BBS even though my main focus is making flash cartoons. I've also contributed to the Flash Portal, Audeo Portal, boughten items from the NG store, and boughten stickers to help promote NG. I understand the rules and the NG community as I have been coming to NG long before my account was even made. If the posistion would arise for me though I'd obviously take the BBS more seriously along with the few posts I make. I'd also quit any job I'd have as a job related to NG would be much more appealing to me.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:33:12

This topic makes me smile. :)

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:37:07

At 10/16/06 11:33 PM, Specusci wrote: Forum mod.

I read the forums often enough to actually be useful at it. I'd just go numb with boredom on the other ones and never do it.

Plus, I'd have control >:D

Muahahaha for control.

WADESFULD IS TEH SEXORZ!!!!!!!!11ONE NARUTO VS. SUPER MARIO? WHO WOOD WIN? nARUTO WUD WUD!!!!!!!!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:42:39

Review mod, all the way. Theres too many injustices in reviews. Then probably audio, that would be sweet too.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:43:56

Id Like To Be A Fourm Mod

The Time Im On Is.. ALOT.. All Week Im Up Till About 4:00 AM And On..
When I Wake Up In The Morning I Go Straight On The BBS For About An Hour, Then Watch TV Play Xbox360 Or Just Go Outside For About 1 - 3 Hours, Sometimes More Depending Whats Going On. I Then Go Back To The BBS For Around 1 - 2 Hours Also Switching The Tab To YouTube. At That Point It's About 5 - 7 PM, Sometimes Then Ill Get Off Just So Im Not To Nerdy. And Come Back On At About 9 - 12.

I Think Id Make A Good Mod Because:

1. Im On Everyday For Long Periods
2. I TRY To Oby The Rules As Much As I Can (I Have Made A Joke Topic And Such That Got Me Banned)
3. I Can Be Nice But Still Enforce The Rules
4. Id Be The Only Canadian Mod (Right?)

That Ends My Post

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 04:47:55

I would consider being a forum mod,

i have been a member of newgrounds for quite sometime now and since the Upgrade i'dd like to give something back to newgrounds and help keep the forums a little cleaner and less full of spam.. I'm on Aussie hours so it can help for my timezone and all the night owls on your side aswell..

"He Who Devours Your Entrails & Enjoys It" : Lobo

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 05:04:19

I come to this site to have fun and not to police a website. I would be appalled at the prospect of modship. It is far too much responsibility. I'm a very irresponsible and immature person after hours.

I have my bad habits such as making threads that I really intend for fun, but they get deleted by a forum mod in less than a day, oh well. I really don't mean any harm by it.
I just really suck at bending the rules.
I would never be elegible, even if I tried. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 05:18:06

Forum mod, I hardly go anywhere else on the site...

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 05:29:18

I'd ideally like to be a forum mod, but I have a feeling that that's not going to happen any time soon due to my NG criminal record.
I have had some experience as an unofficial mod on a different website (where, sadly, the site admins and official mods didn't do a good job at enforcing the rules).
In particular, as a forum mod, I would make it my aim to remove perversion from the BBS, but like on the other website I would start with the more serious cases.
Like I said earlier, however, the downside is that I have a criminal record on Newgrounds and it has taken a lot for me to figure out what the general policy of the mods is, including PMing one mod about some questions I had about the BBS rules. Fortunately, I now understand the BBS law structure completely.

Mario doesn't murder koopas!

When it's an accident, it's called koopaslaughter.

I can not be a faggot.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 05:44:03

I'd be a forum mod.
I'm usually on around 10 pm G.M.T. and 10 am G.M.T.
I think I would be a good mod because I barely ever post in a topic without giving a full and revlevent reply, and if I don't I usually have a good reason behind it. I try to help most users in Flash and Art forums with good detail and not under the intent that I'm better than them. Every since about my 400th post or so I've really got the rules stuck in me, and I try hard to stay out of flame wars, or alternately try not to cause them. To back that up, last year I racked up around 3 bans, I asked the mods the reason, learned from it, and so far this year I've had zero, and I've kept up a pretty good posting rate.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 06:59:25

Forum mod, and possibly icon mod. ( I hate all these cock icons and spammers)

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 09:20:53

Forum Mod...

I'm nothing like what you would look for in a mod. I think thats what makes it good.

I have a life, though I am also devoted to Newgrounds. I live in Canada, but travel to the US a fair bit. I try to be mature, but usually I end up goofing around. Though if I wanted to I could. I also would just love the feeling of telling someone off and then locking a thread. Doing some good for the forums.

This may just be another post in this thread. Well, it is and i'm not gonna say its any better pr worse than the others.

In short, I think I should be a Mod because I am very different.

-smart

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 09:24:03

Thanks for making me a mod Wade!

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 09:29:11

Hahaha, this topic is still going.

Gold.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 09:30:57

At 7/29/07 09:29 AM, idle wrote: Hahaha, this topic is still going.

Gold.

Its pretty lollable that these kids think they have a chance at being mod.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 09:39:15

well, I... think that thereshoiuld even be a mod. There should be any spams or blams and such. But if some1 asked me if i wanted to be one then ya i guess i would

Oh shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 09:43:46

Here is mine.
1.Forum Mod I don't make much posts, but I like reading others.
2.Review Mod because there is a lot! Of abusive reviews.
3.Icon Mod I Rarely look at profiles and stuff.
4.Well I pretty much never go to the audio portal.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 09:48:30

Review Mod.

I would enjoy helping to sort through all the horrible reviews that exist. To make newgrounds a better and cleaner place. Also since Rage's whistle topic came there must be alot of review to go through.

I am usually on newgrounds quite a bit because I like the atmosphere. Late morning to late afternoon is my summer regular. The rest of the seasons I go to school so those times would change to late afternoon and evening (GMT-5).

My second choice would be forum mod. This is because I spend a great deal of my time on the forums when visiting Newgrounds, and I know the rules well. The forum is also another place I would like to help keep clean and fresh.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 10:00:58

Review mod. I've always wanted to be a review mod, its sort of like a dream to me.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 10:02:26

I'd like to be a Icon Mod.
Why? Well, mainly because I know my way around digital art. I know what would be acceptable icon for a submission. I'd start submitting icons to icon-less submissions. I've been using Adobe PS7 for well over 3 years now, I can easily create dozens of icons for submissions in a matter of minutes. (Fast ISP = A lot of submissions watched.)

I use most of my time on the internet. Mainly here.

Other than that, of course I'd like to be a forum mod.
I use most of my time here, on the BBS. I know what a spam topic is, I know what trolling is, and I'll do my best to stop them when they occur. I'm also VERY open-minded, but I know when a thread about religion is a debate thread and when it's just blasting people's beliefs for the sake of getting people angry. I'm 15, I live in the ghetto. And I'm nice.

It'd be nice if you can at least just read it. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2007-07-29 10:04:48

I would most like to be a Forum Mod, Although most of the time im hovering over all the flashes in the Portal so a review mod would be the best thing for me... Forum mod sounds the funnest though! :D

Sig by me!

BBS Signature