00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,808,164 Views | 59,821 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 18:39:22

hey guys theres a new anime show comin out in England called 'One Piece' is it any good???

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 19:19:40

At 3/30/05 06:39 PM, tippy4 wrote: hey guys theres a new anime show comin out in England called 'One Piece' is it any good???

No, not the english dubbed version. Read the manga if anything and wait untill the subbed version is out. The english voices and translations are HORRIBLE! >_<

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 19:19:48

At 3/30/05 04:19 PM, KibaTheKiba wrote: And lastly, who are you? ;)

It's Crossfade I went back to my original alias. And thanks :P

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 19:43:59

For those fewls talking about GunGrave I just got done watching Volume 5 "The Protector". And I still can't shake off the uneasyness I get when I see Balled Bird Lee use those needles...

Anyone seen the anime Ys? From the looks of it, it seems pretty old school. And I've played the newest release of the game, so I was wondering if the anime story line was any good.

Also got to get a hold of the new volumes of Peacemaker and finish up watching Samurai Champloo.

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 20:30:13

does anyone know any animes that are coming out on tv in the US were I dont have to buy them?: \

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 20:44:45

At 3/30/05 07:19 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 3/30/05 06:39 PM, tippy4 wrote: hey guys theres a new anime show comin out in England called 'One Piece' is it any good???
No, not the english dubbed version. Read the manga if anything and wait untill the subbed version is out. The english voices and translations are HORRIBLE! >_<

The dub and the edits are horrible... But then again, that's what happens to most animes that are licensed by 4Kids...

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 22:42:56

At 3/30/05 06:27 PM, BeanBagBoy wrote: ALRIGHT even more reason for me to get a PSP ( even though i planed on it anyway)

You actually planned to buy a PSP?

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 22:44:45

At 3/30/05 10:42 PM, Noctroler wrote:
At 3/30/05 06:27 PM, BeanBagBoy wrote: ALRIGHT even more reason for me to get a PSP ( even though i planed on it anyway)

Simmer down boys... No need to get into a DS/PSP flamewar.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 22:51:49

At 3/30/05 07:08 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: list your top 5 favorite animes

Are movies included in that?

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-30 23:42:59

At 3/30/05 10:42 PM, Noctroler wrote:

OWN3D! OWN3D! OWN3D! I love that pic dude!

BTW For all you Ken Akamatsu fans out there here is his offcial site to praise him!

www.ailove.net

WARNING!: it is in Japanese. However follow these instructions and you should be fine.

1. When you reach it there will be a white page with a list of 4 links on the upper left hand side of the page. CLICK THE TOP LINK ONLY! It will then take you to main page of the site.

2. On this page click the "Love in Love " link only. It will then take you to his fan message board where you can leave a parise or a message.

Alot of the people there are english, but there are also alot of Tiwain, Japanese, French, Spanish, and German people who come there also. But nothing good ol' Google Translator can't fix. I'm there alot so if you see a person with the nickname "Shinobu's_Lover" that's me.

ENJOY!!!!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 02:16:42

Guess what is coming to the PS2!

Mai-HiME

http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/common/maihime_top/maihime_top.html

Here's a teaser trailer!

http://mirror1.lapistan.jp:8000/mirror/circus/maih_movie_a.zip

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 03:40:26

That's a neat site BigFan. lol I'd figure you'd find a site like that one day. :D

And yes Windy, Red is correct.

And that was quite a nice trailer there that you posted Kouga. :D

/is too lazy to quote/cut/paste/again/....

GBA > DS

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 08:54:13

Hey, has anyone here seen Iketeru Futari

I highly recomend :)

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 17:56:40

Tink! I.M. me! I have something you may be interested in! (Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talkin' anime here) I came upon a great find, so send me an i.m. when you get the chance.

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 18:35:52

At 3/31/05 05:56 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote: Tink! I.M. me! I have something you may be interested in! (Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talkin' anime here) I came upon a great find, so send me an i.m. when you get the chance.

Sorry guys, I'm having serious problems with my computer. I don't even know how I finally got NG to pop up. This is killin me here. I don't know what to do. Either way, it'll be fixed by morning but I might end up having to lose all my files and everything. This sucks so bad! *cries* I'm guessing it's a virus but I'm not sure yet. I'll figure it out soon. Talk to you guys later.
Oh and Shadow, I might catch up with you tonight but if I can't, tomorrow for sure ok?

OH YEA and I almost forgot to mention, I updated the member list. Everyone who hasn't posted in 2 months was deleted and I added all the new people. I also changed people's sn on the list. I would appreciate it if you guys would tell me when this (username)x5z fad is over so I can change everyone back ok? It would also be appreciated if you guys would let me know when you change your sn.
Alright this will probablt be all I can say for a while so I'll talk to you guys later.

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 18:58:15

At 3/31/05 05:56 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote: Tink! I.M. me! I have something you may be interested in! (Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talkin' anime here) I came upon a great find, so send me an i.m. when you get the chance.

I'll get you a cookie if you tell me!

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 19:27:13

At 3/31/05 06:12 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Why don't you just send an e-mail, or better yet, share it with the rest of us here senor fanboy. :)

Fanboy!? *Raises his right hand and sets Red's clothes on fire with black flames* I'm not at liberty to discuss my "Findings" as Thief would call them, so if you wanna know, you gotta I.M. me!

At 3/31/05 06:58 PM, The_Weaponmaster wrote: I'll get you a cookie if you tell me!

Nah, I got a ton a Easter candy left over.

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 19:32:09

At 3/31/05 06:58 PM, The_Weaponmaster wrote:
I'll get you a cookie if you tell me!

Don't I deserve one???

Also, I just saw the Mai-HiME finale and was very disappointed by the ending...

**SPOILER WARNING FOR MAI-HIME***

It was a cliche "Reset" ending...

**END SPOILER**

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 19:38:39

At 3/31/05 07:32 PM, Kouga-kun wrote: Don't I deserve one???

*Gives an Easter basket with Bunny Cookies in it*

So what's the word on Excell Saga? I'm about to get it, but I wanna know if it's worth the trouble.

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 21:29:49

Hahah! Time to officially join!

Favorite anime:
Rurouni Kenshin
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Yu Yu Hakusho

I will be Hajime Saito from Rurouni Kenshin.
For those of you who are curious...
Saito is based on an actual historical figure. Saito was a member of the Shinsengumi, but after the Meiji Restoration, he joined the police force. His motto is "Kill whoever is evil," which is why he joined the police. He and Kenji have had past encounters and although Saito considers Kenshin an enemy, he forms an alliance with him later on in the series to defeat a greater evil.

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 22:33:43

At 3/31/05 09:17 PM, IvanVackinof wrote: I was just fiddling around with imageready and decided to make a .gif of my favorite anime. Tell me what you think. It's also NOT WORK SAFE so just incase you need to know. Show some of your favorite .gifs

*cough* I'm pretty sure we only allow non-work safe links on our private forums. Not here. Please don't post something like that again. Just because the AAH members are jumping ship doesn't mean we're becoming that club.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 22:39:04

At 3/31/05 07:38 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote:
So what's the word on Excell Saga? I'm about to get it, but I wanna know if it's worth the trouble.

I thought Excel was funny as all hell. Very random though. Get it if you're into the quirky anime.

"I span the genre Vince. They call me the genre spanner."

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-03-31 23:34:16

After much hard work and the help of a friend, (thank you ;) ) I got my computer straightened out. Don't know how I did it really but it just sorta happened. Anyhow, I am now really tired and want badly to go to bed... so that's where I'm gonna go.

But I will say that Excel Saga was a pretty cool anime. Wonko told me to watch it so I did and I enjoyed it. A piece of advice though. Watch the anime, don't read the manga. Well you can if you want to and I guess the manga is ok but in this rare case, the anime is better.
With that note, I'll leave til tomorrow. Goodnight guys.

Response to Anime Club 2005-04-01 00:08:48

Bad news people...

BLEACH HAS BEEN LICENSED BY BANDAI!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-04-01 01:06:25

At 4/1/05 12:08 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: Bad news people...

OMFG.... wait. Damn. Nice try, I had the gun cocked and ready too.

Response to Anime Club 2005-04-01 03:11:53

Yeh, what Tink said. Oh, and you may not want to watch it with dubs because when Excel starts ranting, her voice will make you wanna kill yourself. It is just that annoying.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-04-01 09:57:44

At 4/1/05 03:11 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGirix5z wrote:

Yeh, what Tink said. Oh, and you may not want to watch it with dubs because when Excel starts ranting, her voice will make you wanna kill yourself. It is just that annoying.

Is it annoying in a funny way, or in a way that your ears start to bleed? Either way, I'd still watch it for the fact that its an anime and I dont descriminate. . . no matter how much blood flows from my ear.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-04-01 16:51:48

At 4/1/05 12:08 AM, Kouga-kun wrote: Bad news people...

somehow my reaction time wasn't as good this time...i could've sworn u said "bandai"....oh wait, you did....thats y i didnt believe it...nice try tho, lol

Response to Anime Club 2005-04-01 17:35:56

At 4/1/05 09:57 AM, MasterStalker wrote:
At 4/1/05 03:11 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGirix5z wrote:

Is it annoying in a funny way, or in a way that your ears start to bleed? Either way, I'd still watch it for the fact that its an anime and I dont descriminate. . . no matter how much blood flows from my ear.

Indeed, Excel Saga is a great anime along with Puny Puny Poemy. Contains no plot whatsoever and follows all the genre from romance to robot destruction to bits of H. I like those Puchu creatures though. you kill them and they react differently. lol

Response to Anime Club 2005-04-01 23:31:44

ok i have a question.....when did you guys make the rule, "If you do not post for 2 months youget taken off the member list. This means you lose your character and have to rejoin."