Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,503,806 Views
  • 61,551 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
towelie101
towelie101
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Sep. 18th, 2013 @ 11:40 PM Reply

At 9/10/13 05:23 PM, Elixur wrote: Absolutely my favorite manga/anime ever created, however the author Kentaro Miura releases new chapters at such a slow pace that it is beyond frustrating for veterans.

Don't forget the Idolm@aster, bro. With the new one confirmed, they'll be an even bigger hiatus between chapter releases. I think I'll just re-read the whole series because I haven't picked it up in a while; in fact, I last read volume ten almost a year ago.

Has anyone here seen Burst Angel (source of my pic)? I'm enjoying it, and this moment's the peak of the series for me. It's still at most a seven out of ten for me because the characters are flat and their relationships aren't developed enough. Sucks that Takane won't be returning in later episodes.

I've caught up with Majestic Prince as well, and it borrows lots of shit from Seed/Fafner (previous shows worked on by Hirai). Fight animations are top-notch and the reason why I'm enjoying this show so much, but there are re-used sequences: not up to Seed levels of stock footage, thankfully, so it's not distracting. I'm sad that the next episode's the finale because it'll probably be rushed as hell. If that's the case, I hope there's a second season.

Anime Club

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Sep. 30th, 2013 @ 04:54 PM Reply

I watched Rin and then stopped in the second episode. Didn't really like it.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Sep. 30th, 2013 @ 08:15 PM Reply

Just finished both seasons of Fate/Zero. You guys should totally watch. Just sayin'
Also now that it's finally over, what are your thoughts on Attack on Titan?

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:23 AM Reply

At 9/30/13 04:54 PM, sweet21 wrote: I watched Rin and then stopped in the second episode. Didn't really like it.

You mean Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne? I thought it started out okay, but it turned into a shitty glorified soft core porn.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Oct. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:15 AM Reply

At 10/3/13 02:23 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: You mean Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne? I thought it started out okay, but it turned into a shitty glorified soft core porn.

Exactly!


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Toother0
Toother0
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Oct. 6th, 2013 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 3/21/03 07:16 PM, LLStarks wrote: This is a call for all anime fans of Newgrounds... Do not despair there is a place where you can share and express your thoughts and discuss anime... This club isn't limited only to anime. Manga, hentai, doujin, OVAs, OSTs, and videogame discussion is also encouraged.

You don't have to be an otaku to be a member... Even bakas can join!

Hey, just to let everyone know, there is an awesome new website: http://IndieGatherer.co which is a site dedicated to helping the community of independent Game Developers (programmers, artists, etc... meet and work together on projects. It also provides funding opportunities & game resources. everyone who registers within the next month gets 2 month's of free elite membership (usually 5$/month).

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Oct. 7th, 2013 @ 04:49 AM Reply

At 9/10/13 05:23 PM, Elixur wrote: Berserk etc....

With the 90's anime they had to end it at 25 episodes because of the funding. It's the reason why the animation was sloppy at a lot of points but overall it was a pretty sold anime for it's time. The OVAs are quite stunning though, have you watched them?

Kentaro Miura is now on "permanent" hiatus from berserk because of illness.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/shonenmanga/archives/30868454.html

====== Notice to everyone of "Berserk" avid reader who

Everyone of your kind attention, thank you very much support the "Berserk".
Hiatuses followed from the beginning this year, we apologize for the worry to everyone readers
I am really sorry.
From around February this year,
Poor physical condition of the author Kentaro Miura's has continued, and a writing difficult
The situation is continues.
Miura is also very unwilling to think this situation,
We have been repeated unreasonable and want to resume the series in the fall somehow,
The discretion of the physician with the necessary long-term rest for health recovery of "Berserk"
It is now that I am allowed to break the series.

So far "Berserk"
And with the feeling sorry author Miura both very different to everyone in the audience who had to cheer the
It is full, but will ask you if you understand.

I will be as follows for the future of "Berserk".

· I will consider it as completed in 37 previously published volume is "Berserk".
And health of Mr. Miura recovery as soon as we plan to deliver the sequel in some form.

We apologize for any inconvenience indeed, thank you.

Young Animal Editorial ======


[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Oct. 7th, 2013 @ 11:34 AM Reply

At 10/7/13 04:49 AM, Kisuke wrote: We apologize for any inconvenience indeed, thank you.

Young Animal Editorial ======

It really sucks when real life interferes with fiction. I hope Miura gets better but I think this is probably the end for Berserk.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Oct. 8th, 2013 @ 09:49 PM Reply

At 10/3/13 11:15 AM, sweet21 wrote:
At 10/3/13 02:23 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: You mean Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne? I thought it started out okay, but it turned into a shitty glorified soft core porn.
Exactly!

I keep trying to look for good anime on Netflix but I keep getting animes with the Rin complex. Good ideas assfucked by oversexualization. Just mounds and mounds of tits and assess blocking the screen at one time. How fucking hard is it to get a good anime with common decency?
I did find a decent one, Eden of the east. Gonna keep watching it, but it was suggested to me because I watched Rin...Well, at least it treated nudity as a joke somewhat as opposed to "We have no idea how to write a decent script so here are some tits."


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 10th, 2013 @ 07:26 PM Reply

Try Hulu, then. They seem to have a good selection, for free without Hulu Plus.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
ViZi
ViZi
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Oct. 14th, 2013 @ 06:40 PM Reply

Can someone give me some recommendations for some shows to watch? I only started watching anime recently (about 5 months) and I just get absolutely lost trying to find a new series to watch. The most recent anime that I have finished was Attack on Titan, and I liked that one very much. Any help at all will be appreciated really.

Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to Anime Club Oct. 14th, 2013 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 10/14/13 06:40 PM, ViZi wrote: Can someone give me some recommendations for some shows to watch? I only started watching anime recently (about 5 months) and I just get absolutely lost trying to find a new series to watch. The most recent anime that I have finished was Attack on Titan, and I liked that one very much. Any help at all will be appreciated really.

Well it really depends in what you are into but here are some I like

-Puella Magi Madoka Magica (thriller)
-Kokoro connect (SOL, drama)
-To aru majutsu no index/to aru kagaku no railgun (action)
-Tora Dora (Romcom)
-Chobits (Scifi romcom)
-Shakugan no shana (action)
-Twelve kingdons (action adventure)
-Sword art online (action adventure)
-The melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya (SOL, action, comedy, romance, mystery)
-TTGL (action adventure)
-Eve no Jikan (drama scifi)

Those are some hope I could help


いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
ViZi
ViZi
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Oct. 14th, 2013 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 10/14/13 08:29 PM, Nor wrote:
Well it really depends in what you are into but here are some I like

-Puella Magi Madoka Magica (thriller)
-Kokoro connect (SOL, drama)
-To aru majutsu no index/to aru kagaku no railgun (action)
-Tora Dora (Romcom)
-Chobits (Scifi romcom)
-Shakugan no shana (action)
-Twelve kingdons (action adventure)
-Sword art online (action adventure)
-The melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya (SOL, action, comedy, romance, mystery)
-TTGL (action adventure)
-Eve no Jikan (drama scifi)

Those are some hope I could help

Thank you! I will try a few of these out over a little while and I will let you know which ones I liked the most.

CorporalRavioli
CorporalRavioli
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Oct. 16th, 2013 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 10/14/13 08:52 PM, ViZi wrote:
At 10/14/13 08:29 PM, Nor wrote:
Well it really depends in what you are into but here are some I like

-Puella Magi Madoka Magica (thriller)
-Kokoro connect (SOL, drama)
-To aru majutsu no index/to aru kagaku no railgun (action)
-Tora Dora (Romcom)
-Chobits (Scifi romcom)
-Shakugan no shana (action)
-Twelve kingdons (action adventure)
-Sword art online (action adventure)
-The melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya (SOL, action, comedy, romance, mystery)
-TTGL (action adventure)
-Eve no Jikan (drama scifi)

Those are some hope I could help
Thank you! I will try a few of these out over a little while and I will let you know which ones I liked the most.

If you're into some awesome action-y, weapons, blood and more animes, you should definitely try D. Gray-man, Durarara!! (my current favorite), Baccano! (if you watch this one first you'll notice some references in DRRR), Fullmetal Alchemist (preferably Brotherhood; it follows the manga better), Soul Eater, Death Note, and as a bonus, the ever-popular slice of life Shingeki no Kyojin AKA Attack on Titan.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 16th, 2013 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 10/14/13 06:40 PM, ViZi wrote: Can someone give me some recommendations for some shows to watch?

Neon Genesis Evangelion followed by The End of Evangelion movie. You'll never experience anything better.


last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 16th, 2013 @ 11:01 PM Reply

So just finished watching Fairy Tail, and I need a new anime to watch(and a new manga to read too >-<). Any recommendations?

I dont post in this thread much, but I am a somewhat esteemed otaku, and I have seen several animes and read several mangas, so just keep that in mind when recommending.

I would post a list of all the manga/anime ive seen, but i know i'll forget a bunch of them, so why bother
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 10/16/13 11:01 PM, Lionelion wrote: esteemed otaku

lolokay

I have seen several animes and read several mangas, so just keep that in mind when recommending.

K, so nothing too obvious.

Aachi wa Ssipak (Korean)
Kemonozume
Mind Game
Tekkon Kinkreet
Boogiepop Phantom
Hundred Stories (A.K.A Requiem from the Darkness)
Genius Party
Genius Party Beyond
Neo Tokyo
Memories
Cat Soup
Brave Story


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 10/18/13 07:26 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
K, so nothing too obvious.

Aachi wa Ssipak (Korean)
Kemonozume
Mind Game
Tekkon Kinkreet
Boogiepop Phantom
Hundred Stories (A.K.A Requiem from the Darkness)
Genius Party
Genius Party Beyond
Neo Tokyo
Memories
Cat Soup
Brave Story

Thanks! I'll check em out. I realized I forgot to tell what genre I liked, which are harem, action/adventure, and fantasy/sci-fi
Any of the ones you recommended from those genres?

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 10/18/13 07:39 PM, Lionelion wrote: Thanks! I'll check em out. I realized I forgot to tell what genre I liked, which are harem, action/adventure, and fantasy/sci-fi
Any of the ones you recommended from those genres?

Oh, I see. Well, out of what I listed, Brave Story is a fantasy adventure, pretty lighthearted. Aachi wa Ssipak is loaded with over-the-top action, but comedy is also a huge part of it. The humor is very low brow, though, but I thought it was hilarious. Kemonozume has a good deal of action but also a unique style. It's also a romance...an...interesting romance. Tekkon Kinkreet has some action. Genius Party, Genius Party Beyond, Neo Tokyo, and Memories are all short film collections. Mixed bag there. If you had a Myanimelist, it'd be easier cuz I'd know what you've already seen. You said you've seen a lot, so odds are you already know these, but there's Baccano, Darker Than Black, Michiko to Hatchin, Sword of the Stranger. Dead Leaves was a good action comedy spectacle. Some cheesy, but fun, action guilty pleasures are Mad Bull 34, Crying Freeman, BAOH and Violence Jack.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 18th, 2013 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 10/18/13 10:26 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Oh, I see. Well, out of what I listed, Brave Story is a fantasy adventure, pretty lighthearted. Aachi wa Ssipak is loaded with over-the-top action, but comedy is also a huge part of it. The humor is very low brow, though, but I thought it was hilarious. Kemonozume has a good deal of action but also a unique style. It's also a romance...an...interesting romance. Tekkon Kinkreet has some action. Genius Party, Genius Party Beyond, Neo Tokyo, and Memories are all short film collections. Mixed bag there. If you had a Myanimelist, it'd be easier cuz I'd know what you've already seen. You said you've seen a lot, so odds are you already know these, but there's Baccano, Darker Than Black, Michiko to Hatchin, Sword of the Stranger. Dead Leaves was a good action comedy spectacle. Some cheesy, but fun, action guilty pleasures are Mad Bull 34, Crying Freeman, BAOH and Violence Jack.

Awesome, thanks for that! Also, turns out I havent seen as much as I thought I had, as in, i recognized none of what you listed. However, im always eager to see more, so im sure i'll have a great time watching some of these. Once again, thanks!

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 19th, 2013 @ 01:05 AM Reply

anyone know any good gag/one-shot anime? huge fan of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Cromartie, also finished Servant x Service recently.

looking for more like that.


 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club Oct. 19th, 2013 @ 08:25 AM Reply

Anyone watching anything on the Fall Season line up? I'm going to keep up with Kill La Kill, Samurai Flamenco, BlazBlue: Alter Memory and Kyoukai No Kanata

Anime Club


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
amaze
amaze
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 20th, 2013 @ 08:34 PM Reply

HEEEENTAAAI. Joking, here's myanimelist.
It is'nt fully updated :C

I also play Xbox Live A LOT.

saqwert
saqwert
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Oct. 20th, 2013 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 10/19/13 01:05 AM, Wunderbar wrote: anyone know any good gag/one-shot anime? huge fan of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Cromartie, also finished Servant x Service recently.

looking for more like that.

I use to love Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan when I was younger, it might still be hilarious.
Gintama is my favorite of all time, but it has a lot of episodes to catch up on, & the first 20 aren't all that great. If you make it through that, you're in for the best anime of all time. Easily

At 10/19/13 08:25 AM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Anyone watching anything on the Fall Season line up? I'm going to keep up with Kill La Kill, Samurai Flamenco, BlazBlue: Alter Memory and Kyoukai No Kanata

Kill la Kill only for me. I was hyped as fuck to see Trigger making something. I've only seen the 1st episodes, but it's hype as shit so far.

At 10/20/13 08:34 PM, amaze wrote: HEEEENTAAAI. Joking, here's myanimelist.
It is'nt fully updated :C

I also play Xbox Live A LOT.

Here's my list. Rate it

Anime Club

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Oct. 21st, 2013 @ 09:39 PM Reply

At 10/20/13 09:44 PM, saqwert wrote: Here's my list. Rate it

Thumbs up for having the good SAO in favorites

PWJP
PWJP
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 10/20/13 09:44 PM, saqwert wrote: Kill la Kill only for me. I was hyped as fuck to see Trigger making something. I've only seen the 1st episodes, but it's hype as shit so far.

Dude, get to watching the rest ASAP. Episode 3 is already so epic it feels like a finale, and it certainly did disregard physics as much as Gurren Lagann's final episode.

Here's my list. Rate it

Gave Inferno Cop a 10, I approve.

Since we're posting lists, here's mine. Ignore my silly tags and feel free to hate/lynch/whatever.

amaze
amaze
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 10/20/13 09:44 PM, saqwert wrote: Here's my list. Rate it

That's an awesome list full of great animes.

Chronomental
Chronomental
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Writer
Response to Anime Club Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:28 PM Reply

Hi, new to this world really, can't stress enough how much I've talked down on anime in the past and now I'm basically submerged in it.

I watch a lot of tumblr popular stuff, like Attack on Titan and Dangan Ronpa, but I also watch some Trigun and read some Ningyou Kyuutei Gakudan. Oh and I got all of Cowboy Bebop on my computer right now that I'm currently eating up, so there's that as well.

If you guys can recommend some other good starter stuff, I'll be mighty thankful.


"Those gay elves are racist fucks anyway"

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to Anime Club Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:51 PM Reply

Anyone know a good comedic anime movie I can watch on YouTube?


Steam | Letterboxd | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 10/22/13 08:51 PM, J-Rex wrote: Anyone know a good comedic anime movie I can watch on YouTube?

Aachi wa Ssipak

At 10/22/13 08:28 PM, Chronomental wrote: If you guys can recommend some other good starter stuff, I'll be mighty thankful.

Samurai Champloo
Darker Than Black
Baccano!
Last Exile
Lupin III
Cromartie High School
Crayon Shin Chan


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature