Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-13 12:09:18 Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdxapYh_E4

Pokemon gotten a bit darker lately.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-14 10:04:12 Reply

Animes I have finished in the past two weeks:

Deadman Wonderland - Will have to read the manga so I can see what happens after the end of the anime

Clockwork Planet - Wonderful theme but I feel the story and human x automation / robot story was rather unneeded or just poorly done. It also ends on a sequel hook of sorts but I do not think they ever intend to do a season 2.

Konosuba - Hilarious, wonderful anime, I shall also have to read the manga of this anime too

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou - One of the very few animes to bring me to tears more than one time during the overall story, beautifully written and well worth watching to the end.

School-Live! - Horror, amazing story about high schoolers after the start of a zombie apocalypse, kind of sucks they never did a season 2 as the manga provided enough source material to have it end on a second season rather than one season.

On that note, what was the first anime you all ever finished watching? For me it was Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt from years ago. Was sad it never got a season two (someone did take the time to do a fan based sequel over on tumblr, the graphics style is very close to the original albeit with some changes) due to in-house studio issues.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-14 10:23:50 Reply

At 7/14/17 10:04 AM, NekoMika wrote: On that note, what was the first anime you all ever finished watching?

I think it may have been Death Note. I watched that, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Baccano and a few others all around the same time when I first got into anime, and only started trying out new releases much later.

Actually I guess Yugioh would've been my first since I watched it religiously as a kid all the way through the original series and GX. I missed the boat on other huge shonen series like Dragon Ball and Naruto, and I don't think there's much point in trying them now.

Evangelion is still by far the best show, anime or not, that I've ever seen.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-14 19:23:05 Reply

At 7/14/17 10:04 AM, NekoMika wrote:

On that note, what was the first anime you all ever finished watching? For me it was Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt from years ago. Was sad it never got a season two (someone did take the time to do a fan based sequel over on tumblr, the graphics style is very close to the original albeit with some changes) due to in-house studio issues.

I honestly don't know, it may have been Dragonball Z and even then I might have missed few episodes. There were some series I had seen beforehand but never get to finish it since renting tapes in Cantodub isn't an easy thing. There were some series I remember watching but have no idea what those are, like the one where some kid pulls stuff out of his mouth like the way Doraemon pulls things out of his pouch.

Then there are series I did managed to look up on and find out what they were like City Hunter and the certain anime where a train flies into space, it's kind of weird. Then there's Shurato though I would have probably forgotten about it if it weren't for Saint Seiya.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-14 22:23:04 Reply

At 7/14/17 07:23 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: the certain anime where a train flies into space, it's kind of weird.

I haven't seen it, but this is Galaxy Express 999, right? I've seen a lot of high praise for that from older anime fans but being from the 70's and over a hundred episodes makes it a little off-putting. I'll probably watch the two films eventually.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-14 23:19:40 Reply

At 7/14/17 10:23 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/14/17 07:23 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: the certain anime where a train flies into space, it's kind of weird.
I haven't seen it, but this is Galaxy Express 999, right? I've seen a lot of high praise for that from older anime fans but being from the 70's and over a hundred episodes makes it a little off-putting. I'll probably watch the two films eventually.

Yeah, I think it was that.

I mean I looked it up and it was the only anime that fits the description and could have come from the right time period my dad rented that tape somewhere in the 1990s. Only other similar anime was I think was a remake, sequel, or a spinoff in 2000s. I kinda remember it being kind of dramatic due to the theme music played when the episode ends.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-16 21:12:29 Reply

If anyone enjoyed that Devil May Cry anime I recommend checking out Netflix's new Castlevania series. The animation is very reminiscent of anime despite not actually being one.

"Everybody deals with grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals. I cut off heads."
Be the change you want to see.
J'ai aime. J'ai souffert. Maintenant je hais.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-20 23:54:57 Reply

Finished Love Tyrant and Nichijou this week.

Love Tyrant - I feel they could have made it longer and had Shikimi have some self doubt before gleefully wanting to join Guri's harem

Nichijou - 26 episodes, animation from anime to extraordinary. Really sucks it could not be longer. The ending was great though, wraps up everything beautifully for an ending.

Finished Show By Rock last week. Had a pretty good story and amazing soundtrack to it, would not mind a season 3 honestly.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
ninjamuffin99
ninjamuffin99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2017-07-22 04:41:06 Reply

I've been watching Bakuon!! again
Hilarious anime about a high school girls in a school motorcycle club. About halfway through

Also I finally watched Spirited Away, although I think it's just alright. I think I liked Howl's Moving Castle or whatever that was called.

#BringBackBeardFulp

YomToxic
YomToxic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2017-08-02 21:40:18 Reply

Looking for more Weapons-Grade Iyashikei (comfy slice of life). Got any recommendations?