Kehmicle
Kehmicle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 15:18:41 Reply

At 3/15/17 02:50 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Definitely. People bother me all of the time with things like "you should play this, "you need to listen to this," and "why haven't you check that out yet?"

Sometimes it just gets to the point where I'm like "look, I'll get to it when I get to it. Ok?"

Yeah see I hate that.
Also recently watched Eureka Seven. The original. Was on YTV when I was watching gundam seed but i never actually watched the whole thing. Was a good move, id reccomend that too.

BBS Signature
darksense
darksense
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 16:53:34 (edited 2017-03-15 16:54:05) Reply

I just finished Deadman Wonderland and I am soon about to finish Blazblue and Seraph of the end season 2, I was thinking about trying out Umineko or F/S night, has anyone here seen them ? and f you have, are they any good?

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 21:35:11 Reply

You know, i used to like beyblade until i just realized i was watching tops spin until they stopped

Kehmicle
Kehmicle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 22:07:12 Reply

At 3/15/17 09:35 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: You know, i used to like beyblade until i just realized i was watching tops spin until they stopped

XDD ITS BEYYYBLAAAAAAAAADE BAYYYYY BLAAAAAAAAAAADE Dunanuna dunanuna, NIR NIR NIR NIR, dunanuna dananuna, NAR NAR NAR NAR

Bdaman was hella weak.

Deadman wonderland too gory for me, Elfen Lied was enough for me im not about dat shitt

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 22:34:52 Reply

At 3/15/17 10:07 PM, Kehmicle wrote: Deadman wonderland too gory for me,

I thought that was a kids show on cartoon network

FireFoxxy
FireFoxxy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-17 21:19:28 Reply

Can't wait till April first.

Attack on Titan. Boku No Hero Academia. Nanbaka

KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-23 16:16:08 Reply

Naruto shippuden is finally come to the end at 500 episode.
Thanks for filling my childhood.

Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-23 22:46:29 Reply

At 3/12/17 08:02 PM, MrTrivia wrote: Bad news for One Piece fans; Adult Swim is dropping it from their line-up next week. The worst part is that Toonami just started playing Season 11 last week. Apparently, it will be replaced by Tokyo Ghoul.

Never was a big fan of TG, watched the whole series and honestly, it was rather weak in the story and characters department. Considering that the anime is a rush job, (similar to Akame ga Kill!) you're better off reading the manga. The fact that the gore is censored is probably the worst of all, juxtaposed to all the fight scenes.

That's my biggest issue with anime, if you're going to have "juvenile" content such as excessive blood/gore, fanservice and whatnot, you might as well go whole hog and simply incorporate it to the show instead of putting it there for it's own sake.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-26 16:26:04 Reply

Recently watched the two live-action Attack on Titan movies after finishing up the anime. I really enjoyed the first one. It was a cool take on the world and I had a blast watching people get eaten by titans. Partially because, unlike the anime, the kills weren't ridiculously censored or toned down. Part two wasn't as good imo. Still entertaining, but it went way too far into some lackluster sci-fi stuff. The characters also acted weird, the plot sort of went nowhere, and there wasn't really any human vs titan action. At least it provided some Godzilla-esque giant monster fights. Ultimately it just wasn't as satisfying an adaption as the first part was.

"Everybody deals with grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals. I cut off heads."
Be the change you want to see.
J'ai aime. J'ai souffert. Maintenant je hais.

BBS Signature
Neoslayre
Neoslayre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-07 21:03:39 Reply

At 4/7/17 08:58 PM, TheOverGhoul wrote: Any of guys watching some new shows or reading some new manga or something?
Been a while since i've seen you guys post here.

I just started One punch man, and I'm loving it so far.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-08 08:37:52 Reply

Finished 3 animes this week:

Disgaea
Watamote
Gonna Be The Twin Tail

Would have been nice if all three could have gotten a season 2 but alas, it was not meant to be.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-08 08:50:36 Reply

At 4/8/17 08:46 AM, TheOverGhoul wrote:
At 4/8/17 08:37 AM, NekoMika wrote: Would have been nice if all three could have gotten a season 2 but alas, it was not meant to be.
Watamote NEEDS a second season, because when it ended it didn't really... "End" it more like just halted at this point where... [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] Tomoko just accepts that she's a mojo and that's basically it, no getting over her social anxiety or getting a boyfriend or leading a more interesting life or getting worse so no happy or sad endings, just her "halting" there laughing in front of a computer, usually at an end, something is supposed to happen but in this anime, nothing happened but this. also that scene where she goes dog shit insane and runs home was completely confusing.

I think her just seeing someone's panties due to the wind probably gave her a panic attack. From what I read, in the manga it covers her second year as well. After the school field trip she finally does start to make a couple of friends. One of those friends is solely from secretly being someone who loves anime but asks that Tomoko only talks to her about anime in secret out of fear her friends will mock her for it. One of the only points I will go over as it seems the manga has a couple of other plot threads too which was cool.

Kind of sad Gonna Be the Twin Tail only got one season. It was awkward, over the top, super silly, and good at the same time. Season 2 could have covered who Dark Grasper was working for at the end and I guess resolve who Soji actually cares the most for to be with.

BBS Signature
Phronemophobia
Phronemophobia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-08 09:02:26 Reply

I'm happy to have the return of Berserk. Realistically, there's no way to properly recreate Miura's work without a significant amount of time and money to support it. If CGI is the only financially sound way of bringing the series to life, then I'm not going to complain (like almost everyone else has). What really made me happy was the pacing of the second season. I really expected to see the backstory of Farnese stretch out across the entire episode. Things moving along properly, and I very much appreciate that.

I should probably check out a few of the other new shows (The Laughing Salesman looks intriguing), but the combination of Spectre Knight DLC and Yooka-Laylee releasing side-by-side is going to kill a lot of my free time. Listening to both soundtracks now, too. Beautiful music.

I did watch the first episode of Love Tyrant, and it seems to be suffering from the same ADHD issue that plagues the Mighty Magiswords series. I read a good chunk of the manga prior to the show, so I wasn't especially bothered by that, but it feel like things are needlessly rushed. I'm wondering if that's just to get the main cast together in one shot so that every other episode can turn into a standardize harem situation that highlights a different kind of fan service each week (sometimes the same kind when a series decides to include a beach and pool episode within a season). I do hope that's not the case.

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-08 12:32:10 Reply

What is this picture from?
I need to do research

Anime Club

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-08 13:47:42 Reply

At 4/8/17 12:32 PM, StaticSkull wrote: What is this picture from?
I need to do research

From Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

The character is Quetzalcoatl aka Lucoa-san. Enjoy fapping.

Also, sup homos how have you been?

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-08 14:32:38 Reply

At 4/8/17 01:47 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:
At 4/8/17 12:32 PM, StaticSkull wrote: What is this picture from?
I need to do research
From Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

The character is Quetzalcoatl aka Lucoa-san. Enjoy fapping.

thank you! you motherfucking angel!

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-09 17:21:58 (edited 2017-04-09 17:26:41) Reply

At 4/7/17 08:58 PM, TheOverGhoul wrote: Any of guys watching some new shows or reading some new manga or something?
Been a while since i've seen you guys post here.

I just finished Grisaia no Kajitsu yesterday. At first look, it may look like another generic, harem anime, but it's much more than that. And the MC is very unique.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-13 07:24:50 (edited 2017-04-13 07:25:01) Reply

Rewatching corpse party rn
Fucking awesome

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-13 09:54:56 Reply

Watching Log Horizon currently.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-13 23:31:06 Reply

Second season for Umaru is coming up, I can't wait.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-15 10:24:03 Reply

At 4/13/17 09:54 AM, NekoMika wrote: Watching Log Horizon currently.

Finished Log Horizon, wonderful anime, would have been neat to make a short season 3 to wrap up any plot points of interest. Makes me think of .hack//GU series.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-17 20:52:02 (edited 2017-04-17 20:52:11) Reply

Just started watching "The Devil Is a Part-Timer!" on Netflix and so far I like it. The funny thing is that because of the intro and the ending credits, I almost mistaken it for a shoujo due to having the same feel as that certain shoujo series I had seen. Plus the line between shounen, shoujo, and seinen have gotten blurry over the past generations it's hard to tell apart anymore.

I mean are we expected to believe that "K-On!" is for mature audiences over "Hokuto no Ken"?

Cowboy Bebop the greatest shoujo series ever FTW!

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-18 00:36:47 Reply

Watching yuri on ice
It's fucking hilarious

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-18 11:10:07 Reply

At 4/18/17 12:36 AM, StaticSkull wrote: Watching yuri on ice
It's fucking hilarious

Ike's favorite anime according to that South Park episode.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
darksense
darksense
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-18 15:57:05 Reply

I am currently watching Umineko no naku koro ni, gotta say it's Quite complicated, also finished first season of sora no otoshimono.

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-18 17:37:05 (edited 2017-04-18 17:38:47) Reply

At 4/17/17 08:52 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Just started watching "The Devil Is a Part-Timer!" on Netflix and so far I like it. The funny thing is that because of the intro and the ending credits, I almost mistaken it for a shoujo due to having the same feel as that certain shoujo series I had seen. Plus the line between shounen, shoujo, and seinen have gotten blurry over the past generations it's hard to tell apart anymore.

I mean are we expected to believe that "K-On!" is for mature audiences over "Hokuto no Ken"?

Cowboy Bebop the greatest shoujo series ever FTW!

What a coincidence. I literally just started watching The Devil Is a Part-Timer two days ago. I had just finished watching Grisaia no Rakuen. I'm liking the show, too. It has a unique plot, and provides us with good humor.

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-18 17:41:09 (edited 2017-04-18 17:45:04) Reply

At 4/15/17 10:24 AM, NekoMika wrote:
At 4/13/17 09:54 AM, NekoMika wrote: Watching Log Horizon currently.
Finished Log Horizon, wonderful anime, would have been neat to make a short season 3 to wrap up any plot points of interest. Makes me think of .hack//GU series.

Log Horizon is on my MAL watch list. I heard it's very similar to Overlord. Is that true?

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-18 17:52:33 Reply

At 4/18/17 05:41 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Log Horizon is on my MAL watch list. I heard it's very similar to Overlord. Is that true?

Not seen Overlord so I could not tell you.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-18 19:14:57 Reply

At 4/18/17 05:37 PM, Vinnyy wrote:

What a coincidence. I literally just started watching The Devil Is a Part-Timer two days ago. I had just finished watching Grisaia no Rakuen. I'm liking the show, too. It has a unique plot, and provides us with good humor.

I just finished and started watching "Silver Spoon" though I had read the manga for a while few years ago before dropping it because I kinda got sidetracked and couldn't remember where I left off...back to the subject in hand, I'm hoping season 2 for Part Timer will be up soon, I mean they have enough light novel materials for it by now right?

Lol, Marco Bodt is a devil!

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-04-18 20:36:04 Reply

At 4/13/17 11:31 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Second season for Umaru is coming up, I can't wait.

I too can't wait for Cancer aswell.

I think I'm going to watch Welcome to the NHK and go through Ghost in the Shell SAC till the current season wraps up. I have very little interest in whats going on now. Last season had pretty good animes.