Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 2,063,992 Views
  • 60,865 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-23 23:03:45 Reply

At 1/23/17 10:52 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/23/17 10:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Does anybody know an anime about acquiring wealth, something like DuckTales but with violence?
That sounds really specific lol
Do you know what you're looking for or is that something that just came to your head?

I replayed DuckTales remastered, and was wondering if any Anime went with the treasure gaining concept?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-23 23:06:40 Reply

At 1/23/17 11:03 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/23/17 10:52 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/23/17 10:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Does anybody know an anime about acquiring wealth, something like DuckTales but with violence?
That sounds really specific lol
Do you know what you're looking for or is that something that just came to your head?
I replayed DuckTales remastered, and was wondering if any Anime went with the treasure gaining concept?

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/tags/treasure-hunters

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-24 14:21:06 Reply

At 1/23/17 11:06 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/23/17 11:03 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I replayed DuckTales remastered, and was wondering if any Anime went with the treasure gaining concept?
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/tags/treasure-hunters

Thanks for the link. Will have to check them out.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-24 17:18:13 Reply

At 1/24/17 02:21 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/23/17 11:06 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/23/17 11:03 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I replayed DuckTales remastered, and was wondering if any Anime went with the treasure gaining concept?
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/tags/treasure-hunters
Thanks for the link. Will have to check them out.

Happy to help m8

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-25 12:12:19 Reply

At 1/25/17 01:59 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 1/24/17 08:47 PM, IvoAluminum wrote: Well... fair enough...
Not trying to be an asshole, though i must say... fuck off.
this isn't the right place to self advertise your shit, it's a place for anime discussion.

Post removed, just send me a PM next time. Thank you~

Started to watch Disgaea recently, had no idea the anime was 14 years old now.


Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-25 20:10:24 Reply

Here's what I'm currently watching

Taimanin Asagi 3
Space pirate sara

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-01-26 08:18:16 (edited 2017-01-26 08:20:41) Reply

At 1/25/17 01:59 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 1/24/17 08:47 PM, IvoAluminum wrote: Well... fair enough...
Not trying to be an asshole, though i must say... fuck off.
this isn't the right place to self advertise your shit, it's a place for anime discussion.

Not to be rude, but you could've put that in a nicer way
I work with him a lot so I can tell he doesn't speak English that well. He probably thought he could put anime drawing here.

I'm not trying to cause any drama. I just don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt.

Also, I know this is off topic, but I can't PM you. @NekoMika what is that gun called/from in your level icon. It looks so familiar

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-01 00:13:11 Reply

At 1/25/17 08:10 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: Here's what I'm currently watching

Taimanin Asagi 3
Space pirate sara

How were they? Which one did you like better?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-13 22:07:32 (edited 2017-02-13 22:14:38) Reply

Does anyone happen to know which manga this panel comes from? Someone posted this in a thread, and I'm interested in knowing the name of the manga.

And before you ask, the dialogue and the item that she's holding in this panel are parodied, and not what they originally were.

Anime Club


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-14 05:12:04 Reply

At 2/13/17 10:07 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Does anyone happen to know which manga this panel comes from? Someone posted this in a thread, and I'm interested in knowing the name of the manga.

And before you ask, the dialogue and the item that she's holding in this panel are parodied, and not what they originally were.

Some googling tells me it's from the manga Citrus, "the most disappointing yuri manga" according to one random redditor, though the MAL score is really high and the art looks great.

Also

Anime Club


BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-14 17:47:48 Reply

At 2/14/17 05:12 AM, Jackho wrote:
Some googling tells me it's from the manga Citrus, "the most disappointing yuri manga" according to one random redditor, though the MAL score is really high and the art looks great.

Also

Thank you very much. I didn't think anyone would ever find the name of this manga.


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-15 21:54:39 Reply

Hunter X Hunter is getting better every week. Will he ever find his missing Father?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-24 00:34:19 Reply

I just rewatched dbz
I'm starting to watch the recent yugioh series

KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-26 14:44:06 Reply

Can someone recommended me some good romance anime


Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-27 11:54:57 Reply

For those who cares, the Sailor Moon manga gets pretty dark so you can guess how Crystal will animate this part of the final arc.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/sailor_moon/v18/c001/17.html

It did started to look like a gender flipped version of Saint Seiya's Hades Chapters.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-02-28 22:36:34 Reply

Watching Shinsei Futanari Idol: Dekatama Kei!

crazyIconz
crazyIconz
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-01 08:05:00 Reply

Trying to get back into anime but I just can't seem to give a fuck anymore.

Send help.

KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-01 11:29:31 Reply

At 3/1/17 08:05 AM, crazyIconz wrote: Trying to get back into anime but I just can't seem to give a fuck anymore.

Send help.

Im also feel you friend, i think we just getting old and we not cool anymore...
I think our problem is time, i hardly can watch anime these day with all work i have to do and only one holiday a week.


Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-01 14:55:38 Reply

At 3/1/17 08:05 AM, crazyIconz wrote: Send help.

What have you liked?


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-02 00:32:04 Reply

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was actually very good last episode. Hopefully, they keep it up.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-02 20:30:46 Reply

At 3/1/17 11:29 AM, KompiButut wrote:
At 3/1/17 08:05 AM, crazyIconz wrote: Trying to get back into anime but I just can't seem to give a fuck anymore.

Send help.
Im also feel you friend, i think we just getting old and we not cool anymore...
I think our problem is time, i hardly can watch anime these day with all work i have to do and only one holiday a week.

It happens, I mean I mostly read the manga now and then since you can catch up with it much quicker. I am planning to watch the episodes from the final season of the classic Sailor Moon series to get the whole view of that arc in the animated form. Finished reading the manga version and lets just say there are some elements in the anime I happen to like better from what I had seen, like the fact that some of the villains I liked didn't get killed off after few freaking pages (Sailor Iron Mouse).

With that said, I can see why that arc was never dubbed in the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFF7-0Ez4L4

They can't pretend that they're cousins either, lol!

I'll just go and beat a dead horse and say this, those pop idols are still manlier than Justin Bieber.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-06 20:39:26 Reply

What do you guys think of crossplayers? (Someone cosplaying as a character of the opposite sex)
I think they're so cute.
I'd go gay for any of these guys

Anime Club

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-08 21:08:38 Reply

At 2/15/17 09:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Hunter X Hunter is getting better every week. Will he ever find his missing Father?

Speaking of which, I notice that on Netflix, HxH only goes up to episode despite being 144 episodes, in the middle of the Chimera Ant arc no less. Now I don't really know if Netflix will get the rest of the episodes, (doubtful) or there's some sort of episode limit they adhere to, so I guess I'll just pick up the manga and go from there.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-12 20:02:00 Reply

Bad news for One Piece fans; Adult Swim is dropping it from their line-up next week. The worst part is that Toonami just started playing Season 11 last week. Apparently, it will be replaced by Tokyo Ghoul.


Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
Dangerous-D
Dangerous-D
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-13 01:07:02 Reply

At 3/12/17 08:02 PM, MrTrivia wrote: Bad news for One Piece fans; Adult Swim is dropping it from their line-up next week. The worst part is that Toonami just started playing Season 11 last week. Apparently, it will be replaced by Tokyo Ghoul.

that's BS, considering how far back it's been place on the line up


BBS Signature
Kehmicle
Kehmicle
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-14 11:23:22 Reply

Never had the patience for One Piece, Someone just put me onto The Melancoly of Haruhi. Cant believe I never saw it. Honestly, Im pretty much an anime n00b.


BBS Signature
TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
  • Member since: May. 28, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-14 12:28:21 Reply

I've started watching Attack on Titan after reading the manga. Good series, but in no way lives up to the source material.


"Everybody deals with grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals. I cut off heads."
Be the change you want to see.
J'ai aime. J'ai souffert. Maintenant je hais.

BBS Signature
Kehmicle
Kehmicle
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-14 16:40:02 Reply

At 3/14/17 12:28 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: I've started watching Attack on Titan after reading the manga. Good series, but in no way lives up to the source material.

See, Id like to watch it but ive been told to watch it too many times now I just cant be bothered. Ever have that feeling?


BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 09:35:05 (edited 2017-03-15 09:35:28) Reply

how do you guys feel when a good anime is over?

Myself, I might rewatch it depending on how good it was and then be done with it

TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
  • Member since: May. 28, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 14:50:48 Reply

At 3/14/17 04:40 PM, Kehmicle wrote:
At 3/14/17 12:28 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: I've started watching Attack on Titan after reading the manga. Good series, but in no way lives up to the source material.
See, Id like to watch it but ive been told to watch it too many times now I just cant be bothered. Ever have that feeling?

Definitely. People bother me all of the time with things like "you should play this, "you need to listen to this," and "why haven't you check that out yet?"

Sometimes it just gets to the point where I'm like "look, I'll get to it when I get to it. Ok?"


"Everybody deals with grief differently. Some people fuck at funerals. I cut off heads."
Be the change you want to see.
J'ai aime. J'ai souffert. Maintenant je hais.

BBS Signature