LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-05 20:40:53 Reply

So i watched this anime music video called "Shelter" and i must say, it was VERY amazing, it even got me slightly teary-eyed. i honestly regret not watching this earlier.
I mean, the thing that i liked the most about it is how i can relate to the girl in the video on a personal level, first of there's those parts where she draws on a tablet and then she "creates worlds" from there, i'm not sure if the direct interpretation of herself drawing on that tablet is just her drawing on a tablet and having things show up without any special meaning behind it (It was cool so who gives a shit?), but for me, i kind of interpreted it as if she's escaping this "Lonely" world of hers, a few years back i used to do that a lot, get really tired of this world and then go straight away to this "Imaginary" world of mine. not gonna lie, i still do that sometimes. then there's this scene where she starts to remember some of those "good times" and again, not sure what's the direct interpretation but for me, i think she just misses those times that she's lost, and i think we all sometimes feel this way at least once in our lives. there's also these last "Inspirational words" at the end where she says things about herself needing to move on, this is a bit personal but i'm kinda trying to move on over "something" and forget some stuff but i must say, these things she said at the end seem pretty legit and correct.

The soundtrack is also amazing, it matches this whole music video very well. the animation is pretty good too, for a short music video it seems like a lot of effort was put into it, but i guess all of this effort must have been worth it.

TL;DR - Amazing music video, HIGHLY recommended.
Watch it if you haven't already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-05 21:29:45 Reply

At 11/5/16 08:40 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
TL;DR - Amazing music video, HIGHLY recommended.
Watch it if you haven't already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0

I've seen this already. I actually mentioned about it on the previous page of this thread.

Yeah, it's a beautiful work of art. Everything fits nicely together. The music goes well with the animation and visuals, which are both breathtaking.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-05 22:20:15 (edited 2016-11-05 22:20:32) Reply

At 11/5/16 09:29 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I've seen this already. I actually mentioned about it on the previous page of this thread.

I remember that, and i've been planning to watch it ever since you've mentioned it but i got insanely busy and couldn't watch it until now, also, i'm up all night and i've got some free time this week so can you recommend me some anime to watch?

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-06 11:17:06 Reply

This is a no spoilers zone. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, episode three had plenty of action. There was one confirmed death. The mask actually did something in this episode. The ending was a cliff hanger. This anime is becoming more bizarre. No spoilers.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-06 23:55:32 Reply

At 11/5/16 10:20 PM, SlaughterTownDweller wrote:

Is there any genre in particular that you're interested in?

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-07 06:58:44 Reply

At 11/6/16 11:55 PM, Vinnyy wrote:

Not really, i'd watch anything.

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-07 13:41:53 Reply

Dirty Pair done. It's a shame the show was canceled, I enjoyed it more with every episode and it was really starting to get into a good stride with the stories. Those two eps that were left to be unaired were some of my favorites in the whole series too. Oh well, on to the OVAs.

BUT FIRST, I finally decided to give Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann a try. Everyone always says it's fantastic and the best thing since anything, but I'm not the biggest fan of modern anime so I'm usually very hesitant to have any sort of high expectations for newer shows.

It's fantastic. I watched eps 1-16 over the course of the weekend. With the exception of episode 4 (I need to do some research on what happened behind the scenes on that one), I've absolutely loved it the whole way. It has already seemed to reach a great ending point, and a seven year time-skip is a pretty bold jump to make. Not sure if I'm expecting the second half to be as good as the first, but I've also heard that the ending is "legendary" and "unforgettable" so maybe I should just trust in the great Gainax.

Anime Club

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-07 14:12:35 Reply

At 11/7/16 01:41 PM, Oolaph wrote: BUT FIRST, I finally decided to give Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann a try.

I wasn't overly impressed with the first half but thought it got a lot more interesting in the second half. Maybe it's just because I was watching several episodes at a time, but I felt like the plot moved forward too quickly. You'd be introduced to what felt like quite a significant enemy in one episode and it felt like they were gone by the next. I prefer it when they build the bad guys up more, like I'm currently getting with DBZ Kai.

Overall I quite liked Gurren Lagann, but after hearing people talk about how great it was, it didn't quite live up to the name for me.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-07 15:12:23 Reply

At 11/7/16 06:58 AM, SlaughterTownDweller wrote:
At 11/6/16 11:55 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
Not really, i'd watch anything.

Then I'll recommend Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu. I don't know if you've seen it yet, but you should definitely give it a try. You've probably at least heard of it by now. It's one of the most talked about shows this year.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-07 16:13:08 Reply

At 11/7/16 01:41 PM, Oolaph wrote: Dirty Pair done. It's a shame the show was canceled, I enjoyed it more with every episode and it was really starting to get into a good stride with the stories. Those two eps that were left to be unaired were some of my favorites in the whole series too. Oh well, on to the OVAs.

I enjoyed it, but they really needed more episodes.

BUT FIRST, I finally decided to give Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann a try. Everyone always says it's fantastic and the best thing since anything, but I'm not the biggest fan of modern anime so I'm usually very hesitant to have any sort of high expectations for newer shows.

I enjoyed that as well. I have not seen a bad anime in a long time.

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-08 21:20:33 Reply

At 11/7/16 02:12 PM, Dean wrote: I wasn't overly impressed with the first half but thought it got a lot more interesting in the second half. Maybe it's just because I was watching several episodes at a time, but I felt like the plot moved forward too quickly. You'd be introduced to what felt like quite a significant enemy in one episode and it felt like they were gone by the next. I prefer it when they build the bad guys up more, like I'm currently getting with DBZ Kai.

Well, looks like my impressions were the exact opposite of yours. Just finished the show and I didn't enjoy the second half nearly as much as the first. Feels like they took everything that made the first half fun and unique and threw it all away. The diverse and interesting villains were replaced by faceless CGI Tron-esque flying machines, the vast wasteland waiting to be explored replaced with a generic futuristic city, everything just seemed to have the excitement sucked right out of it. Even the big ending battle seemed to pale in comparison to the earlier "monster of the week" battles in terms of energy and excitement.

Oh well, I must just have bad taste or something. Back to Dirty Pair and Iria: Zeiram The Animation I suppose.

Anime Club

BBS Signature
Se7en
Se7en
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-09 02:30:56 Reply

What are some anime that are similar to Naruto? That isn't one of the top five Shonen. :D

Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-09 11:24:40 Reply

At 11/7/16 03:12 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Then I'll recommend Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu. I don't know if you've seen it yet, but you should definitely give it a try. You've probably at least heard of it by now. It's one of the most talked about shows this year.

I have heard much talk about it, but have not had a chance to see it. It is on my to watch list.

BBS Signature
McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-09 17:48:42 Reply

Why does Evangelion get better every time you watch it?

Anime Club

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-09 18:30:14 Reply

At 11/9/16 05:48 PM, McPaper wrote: Why does Evangelion get better every time you watch it?

Because it's a well made series with interesting themes and strong characters.

rebuilds can go dang themselves though

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-09 19:08:11 Reply

At 11/9/16 05:48 PM, McPaper wrote: Why does Evangelion get better every time you watch it?

The original is always the best. Just look at the Thundercats.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-10 08:05:27 Reply

Because it's got #layers and mystery out the wazoo.

At 11/9/16 06:30 PM, Oolaph wrote: rebuilds can go dang themselves though

Rebuild 2.0 is a fun time for cool boys and nothing is wrong with 1.0 either.

3.0 made me forsake all entertainment and technology and move to Zambia to be a humble maize farmer for the rest of my life. It's not worth risking that kind of disappointment again.

BBS Signature
Se7en
Se7en
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-10 12:11:02 Reply

At 11/5/16 08:39 PM, OneKidOfKnowledge wrote: 1. Dragon Ball Super: What are the multipliers for SSB and SSR?
2. Dragon Ball Super: What was Trunk's new form?
Vegito has been confirmed for Dragon Ball Super!!!

Those are unknown. I wish Akira would release info. :D

Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-10 12:27:33 Reply

2011 Thundercats > original, let's be real.

Yeah, I gotta get back into NGE now that October is over. I watched Gunbuster yesterday, which is an odd one, created by the same guy as NGE. It started out parodying a '70s shojo anime about tennis, replacing tennis playing with piloting giant robots, then became its own thing after the first episode. It ended up okay as it went on. Silly as shit, but kinda cool.

At 11/8/16 09:20 PM, Oolaph wrote: Oh well, I must just have bad taste or something. Back to Dirty Pair and Iria: Zeiram The Animation I suppose.

Iria's pretty neat. I have it on VHS. I think I have a ROM of the SNES game.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-10 14:09:43 Reply

At 11/10/16 08:05 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 11/9/16 06:30 PM, Oolaph wrote: rebuilds can go dang themselves though
Rebuild 2.0 is a fun time for cool boys and nothing is wrong with 1.0 either.

3.0 made me forsake all entertainment and technology and move to Zambia to be a humble maize farmer for the rest of my life. It's not worth risking that kind of disappointment again.

Rebuilds can be risky. The more they make the closer the chance of screwing something up, and upsetting the fans.

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-10 21:28:39 Reply

At 11/10/16 12:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yeah, I gotta get back into NGE now that October is over. I watched Gunbuster yesterday, which is an odd one, created by the same guy as NGE. It started out parodying a '70s shojo anime about tennis, replacing tennis playing with piloting giant robots, then became its own thing after the first episode. It ended up okay as it went on. Silly as shit, but kinda cool.

I loved Gunbuster. I should really rewatch it sometime soon considering how much I enjoyed it the first time around. The sequel series is pretty fun too, but not nearly as interesting as Gunbuster. It does have a great ending though which sorta makes it worth a watch.

Iria's pretty neat. I have it on VHS. I think I have a ROM of the SNES game.

I've only watched the first two episodes so far, and they were pretty enjoyable. I really enjoy the artstyle and there were some well animated sequences that I really liked, but I haven't really been grabbed by the characters or story. I'll probably continue watching it one ep at a time between these longer series I've been going through.

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-10 22:34:17 Reply

Nothing exciting this season. Still watching Gundam.

Magical Girl Raising Project is great. It's like Madoka on steroids.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-11 10:22:14 Reply

At 11/10/16 12:11 PM, Se7en wrote:
At 11/5/16 08:39 PM, OneKidOfKnowledge wrote: 1. Dragon Ball Super: What are the multipliers for SSB and SSR?
2. Dragon Ball Super: What was Trunk's new form?
Vegito has been confirmed for Dragon Ball Super!!!
Those are unknown. I wish Akira would release info. :D

You will have to wait until that happens. It seems like it may never happen.

BBS Signature
WaffleCrisp
WaffleCrisp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-11 13:49:19 Reply

Can someone help me find this anime movie? The final boss looks sort of like a man, and has electronic wires/ tentacles coming out of him. He can predict where anyone is going to move, and attack them ahead of time. The main guy some how tricks the machine and shoots it in the head. It takes place in a sky scraper.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-11 23:56:31 Reply

At 11/10/16 10:34 PM, LLStarks wrote: Nothing exciting this season. Still watching Gundam.

Which version are you watching?

I have not seen that yet. Do you recommend it?

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-12 10:45:22 Reply

At 11/11/16 11:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 11/10/16 10:34 PM, LLStarks wrote: Nothing exciting this season. Still watching Gundam.
Which version are you watching?

I have not seen that yet. Do you recommend it?

Gundam IBO. The 2nd season is a lot better so far.

I highly recommend MagiPro if you like suffering and cute girls killing each other with practically zero censorship.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-12 20:55:07 Reply

At 11/12/16 10:45 AM, LLStarks wrote: Gundam IBO. The 2nd season is a lot better so far.

i have seen the first season. It was okay, glad it gets better.

I highly recommend MagiPro if you like suffering and cute girls killing each other with practically zero censorship.

That sounds interesting. Did you watch it on-line?

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-12 21:53:15 Reply

Reading the manga of Yozakura Quartet, how do you think it'll end? I'm predicting that Akina will tune himself with Hime coming along so they can try to do something on the other side.

With that said, I wonder if people who read the synopsis still mistakes it for a harem series because the main four consists of three girls (2 demons and 1 half demon lesbian) and one dude who happens to be a token human?

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-12 23:38:01 Reply

The first Toonami since the new President on Wednesday. It will also be the second part to the Intruder mini-segment. Hopefully, Tom figures out how to get back into space. DBZ is near the end, so will a new show take its spot?

BBS Signature
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-11-13 12:30:17 Reply

At 11/12/16 11:38 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The first Toonami since the new President on Wednesday. It will also be the second part to the Intruder mini-segment. Hopefully, Tom figures out how to get back into space. DBZ is near the end, so will a new show take its spot?

DBZ Kai is almost done with the Cell Saga, but there's still plenty of episodes left. The Majin Buu Saga aired in Japan 18 months ago, so hopefully the US version is ready to premiere.

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature