Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,490,012 Views
  • 61,538 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 06:38 AM Reply

At 12/17/12 06:32 AM, Austerity wrote: He might grow a little bit of hair, an inch or so. The hair always seems to be a bit longer in SSJ mode. In SSJ3 there would definitely be significant hair growth.

SSJ3 was probably my favorite transformation out of all the transformations there were. His power was intense and his hair was crazy. I still remember the Buu Saga where Goku had to scream his way to get to SSJ3. lol


Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 08:38 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yu Yu Hakusho. It's like DBZ, but better.

You did not just say that.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 12/17/12 06:48 PM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 12/4/12 08:38 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yu Yu Hakusho. It's like DBZ, but better.
You did not just say that.

It is better than DBZ.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM Reply

At 12/17/12 06:48 PM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 12/4/12 08:38 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yu Yu Hakusho. It's like DBZ, but better.
You did not just say that.

Yes, like Gob said, it is indeed better than DBZ.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
superjinchurikix
superjinchurikix
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Dec. 18th, 2012 @ 01:01 AM Reply

under stand sir


AndresX

Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Anime Club Dec. 18th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

Hey guys, I'm new. I like anime. Let's get along, k?


"I've got a motivation problem so my standard break from life is getting longer"

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Dec. 18th, 2012 @ 07:40 PM Reply

At 12/18/12 07:25 PM, Pervy-Dan-Hibiki wrote: Hey guys, I'm new. I like anime. Let's get along, k?

What KIND of anime?


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Anime Club Dec. 18th, 2012 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 12/18/12 07:40 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 12/18/12 07:25 PM, Pervy-Dan-Hibiki wrote: Hey guys, I'm new. I like anime. Let's get along, k?
What KIND of anime?

Good ones, mostly.

Really anything that I find heartwarming is good, Toradora!, Amagami SS, K-on!, Oreimo, Tari Tari... stuff like that.

But there are plenty of others that I like. I guess If I were to list my top 5 they'd have to be (in no particular order): Toradora! School Rumble, Bakemonogatari, Ghost in the Shell, and Lucky Star.


"I've got a motivation problem so my standard break from life is getting longer"

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 03:35 PM Reply

im liking the first few episodes of Naruto so far. The uncut ones aired recently. Im on the third episode. I dont get why people dont like it. It seems fine. Some humor, one action scene, and hey, it didnt take 5 episodes to complete. Whats so bad about it? Is this another case of an evil fanbase? Lonely weeaboo women who masturbate to Troy Baker voice clips and stupid kids?
hmmm.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 12/20/12 03:35 PM, sweet21 wrote: Whats so bad about it? Is

Wait until you get to Shippuden, bro. Or the last arc of part 1/the manga.

I read through 500 chapters of that shit and it was such a waste of time.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 12/20/12 03:35 PM, sweet21 wrote: im liking the first few episodes of Naruto so far. The uncut ones aired recently. Im on the third episode. I dont get why people dont like it. It seems fine.

Unfortunately the elements of the series that made it fun at the beginning fade as the manga attempts to take on more 'mature' themes. I've been reading it anyway because I want to finish it but I don't really like it anymore.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 08:16 AM Reply

At 12/20/12 05:54 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 12/20/12 03:35 PM, sweet21 wrote: Whats so bad about it? Is
Wait until you get to Shippuden, bro. Or the last arc of part 1/the manga.

I read through 500 chapters of that shit and it was such a waste of time.

I loved the last arc of part 1, and I love all of Shippuuden, I don't know what you're talking about.

towelie101
towelie101
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 09:03 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 08:16 AM, DeIirium wrote: I loved the last arc of part 1, and I love all of Shippuuden, I don't know what you're talking about.

I felt that the humor of the series was toned down after it. Nothing really encouraged me to continue reading it where I'm at (~chap. 529. Kisame and Guy were fighting when I was reading) and the characters weren't very compelling. Pain arc had some nice moments, but that's all for me.

What's the current arc of it anyway? I'm behind by 100 chapters or so.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 09:27 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 09:03 AM, towelie101 wrote:
At 12/21/12 08:16 AM, DeIirium wrote: I loved the last arc of part 1, and I love all of Shippuuden, I don't know what you're talking about.
I felt that the humor of the series was toned down after it. Nothing really encouraged me to continue reading it where I'm at (~chap. 529. Kisame and Guy were fighting when I was reading) and the characters weren't very compelling. Pain arc had some nice moments, but that's all for me.

What's the current arc of it anyway? I'm behind by 100 chapters or so.

It's still the Shinobi war arc. I never really followed Naruto for its humor, but for the story and characters, the humor elements aren't as prominent as One piece for example.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 09:27 AM, DeIirium wrote: It's still the Shinobi war arc.

A 100 chapter story ark?
Im goin' with towlie101 here, im gonna stop watching it after a certain point. Maybe its meant to be that way....kinda like when you should have stopped watching dragonball Z after the Frieza saga, you stop watching naruto after I guess they graduate or something? And then remain blissfully unaware of the evils ahead.
Im okay with this idea.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:25 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 12/21/12 09:27 AM, DeIirium wrote: It's still the Shinobi war arc.
A 100 chapter story ark?
Im goin' with towlie101 here, im gonna stop watching it after a certain point. Maybe its meant to be that way....kinda like when you should have stopped watching dragonball Z after the Frieza saga, you stop watching naruto after I guess they graduate or something? And then remain blissfully unaware of the evils ahead.
Im okay with this idea.

I don't understand that way of thinking, the current arc is really good, there's lots of twists and good fights, the fights aren't drawn out like in DBZ and there's more strategies and cerebral elements. Well just watch it for yourself and see whether you want to stop watching or not, personally I find that it just gets better as it goes on.
I think Naruto is hard to divide into story arcs anyway, I feel like all of it is just one arc.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 05:15 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 04:06 PM, DeIirium wrote: I don't understand that way of thinking, the current arc is really good, there's lots of twists and good fights, the fights aren't drawn out like in DBZ and there's more strategies and cerebral elements. Well just watch it for yourself and see whether you want to stop watching or not, personally I find that it just gets better as it goes on.

I dont like animes that drag and drag. Anything that takes 100 episodes/chapters/books is way too god damn long IMO. Theres ways of building tension aside from staring at each other. At a point the writers are so desperate to come up with anything to keep dragging dialogue eventually begins to insult your intelligence. Everything from pointing out the obvious, to explaining stupid shit you didn't need to know, flashbacks, etc etc.

Two things animes should never ever do:
-Multiple fights at once
-Take notes from Kojima
ESPECIALLY the later.
100 chapter fight scene, i've heard enough to know Naruto is heading the Bleach route, and thats not a route I want to take.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 05:15 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 12/21/12 04:06 PM, DeIirium wrote:
I dont like animes that drag and drag. Anything that takes 100 episodes/chapters/books is way too god damn long IMO. Theres ways of building tension aside from staring at each other. At a point the writers are so desperate to come up with anything to keep dragging dialogue eventually begins to insult your intelligence. Everything from pointing out the obvious, to explaining stupid shit you didn't need to know, flashbacks, etc etc.

Two things animes should never ever do:
-Multiple fights at once
-Take notes from Kojima
ESPECIALLY the later.
100 chapter fight scene, i've heard enough to know Naruto is heading the Bleach route, and thats not a route I want to take.

I dont't feel like it drags, it's a war which involves all the countries, it's obviously going to take long, and it's not just a long fight scene, the fighting/story ratio basically remains unchanged, I don't feel like there's any filler in the dialogue either, in the anime shows they often add pointless flashbacks but I just skip those.

towelie101
towelie101
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 09:27 AM, DeIirium wrote: It's still the Shinobi war arc. I never really followed Naruto for its humor, but for the story and characters, the humor elements aren't as prominent as One piece for example.

I looked up where I was in the manga and it's actually chapter 506. Still a 100 chapter difference, but I could marathon it all in a day (if I wanted to). Doesn't Kishimoto reanimate all of the dead characters in the current arc? I'm not a fan of asspulls like that.

Also, the Cell saga was where DBZ should've ended. I know Toriyama meant to end it at the Namek saga, but Cell was a still great villain. I always played as him in the Budokai/Tenkaichi games.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 06:01 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 12/21/12 09:27 AM, DeIirium wrote: It's still the Shinobi war arc. I never really followed Naruto for its humor, but for the story and characters, the humor elements aren't as prominent as One piece for example.
I looked up where I was in the manga and it's actually chapter 506. Still a 100 chapter difference, but I could marathon it all in a day (if I wanted to). Doesn't Kishimoto reanimate all of the dead characters in the current arc? I'm not a fan of asspulls like that.

*spoilers*
Not exactly, they are brought back with the Edo tensei no jutsu which brings back their souls and lets the user control them, the one which Orochimaru uses during his fight with Sarutobi, however in the end they're returned to the realm of the dead.

zmatt007
zmatt007
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:00 PM Reply

For anyone thats watched Hellsing Ultimate, how do you think he keeps all of his hair concealed? He takes off his hat and it looks so short, but when he changes into his black suit a hug jet black line of hair just rockets out from his head >->

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 12:00 PM, zmatt007 wrote: For anyone thats watched Hellsing Ultimate, how do you think he keeps all of his hair concealed? He takes off his hat and it looks so short, but when he changes into his black suit a hug jet black line of hair just rockets out from his head >->

It's just part of the transformation.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 12/20/12 03:35 PM, sweet21 wrote: im liking the first few episodes of Naruto so far. The uncut ones aired recently. Im on the third episode. I dont get why people dont like it.

Every anime like that starts off great. It's all comedy with a little action and getting to know the characters.

A hundred episodes later, it's all monotone action and drama and trying to be badass.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:16 PM Reply

Does anyone know if there is a reliable site that hosts manga chapters? I've gotten into a couple animes whose story arcs are way behind their mangas', so I'd like to read the rest of the story.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 06:16 PM, PWJP wrote: Does anyone know if there is a reliable site that hosts manga chapters? I've gotten into a couple animes whose story arcs are way behind their mangas', so I'd like to read the rest of the story.

Eatmanga and Mangareader are pretty good

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 12:17 AM Reply

I hate Naruto.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 12:17 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I hate Naruto.

This.

Because it is part of the "Big 3" {Naruto, Bleach, One Piece} of Shonen Jump, it's popularity is virtually high for all the wrong reasons, and I guess in the creator's minds, that's more than enough reason to keep on milking the series to the point where it's just gotten stale. You could pretty much make the same argument for most of the other Shonen Jump titles, but I dare say that the "Big 3" of Shonen Jump has been milked, and that milk has been sour years ago.

As for the character, well, I find him annoying to no end, and I'll leave it at that.

Ninja Scroll and Black Lion are much better alternatives of ninja action, and the latter has robots with heavy machine guns, can't go wrong with that.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

I've been watch Eureka 7 since about episode 7. Its in its 18th already and though I like it the biggest question I have still looms. What is the importance of the clouds? All they do is surf...but with clouds in robot suits. They dont seem to do anything other than that but the military is after them, presumabely because the military wants to surf to but the main characters are taking all the good waves or something.

Thats cool and all but they're killing each other over it. So theres more to these clouds, clearly, but I cant watch the previous episodes and nobody seems to give a damn enough to hint or explain anything, and wikipedia isnt very useful. Can anyone fill me in?


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 02:12 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 12/24/12 12:17 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I
Because it is part of the "Big 3" {Naruto, Bleach, One Piece} of Shonen Jump, it's popularity is virtually high for all the wrong reasons, and I guess in the creator's minds, that's more than enough reason to keep on milking the series to the point where it's just gotten stale. You could pretty much make the same argument for most of the other Shonen Jump titles, but I dare say that the "Big 3" of Shonen Jump has been milked, and that milk has been sour years ago.

A lot of people accuse these 3 of "milking" because they're so popular and have gone on for so long, but I disagree, I think the stories are still interesting and as long as that is the case they can go on for as long as they want to. What I would call milking are, for example, film series like Home alone or Rocky where they use the same formula everytime and there's no significant story progress, yet they keep/kept making them because it's sure money.

Ninja Scroll and Black Lion are much better alternatives of ninja action, and the latter has robots with heavy machine guns, can't go wrong with that.

Ninja Scroll, the first film is really good. Black Lion was pretty good but the story sucked, at least in the OVA I watched, I can't find the manga. I think Naruto is however the definitive Ninja manga.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 04:24 PM, DeIirium wrote:
At 12/24/12 02:12 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 12/24/12 12:17 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
I think Naruto is however the definitive Ninja manga.

I wouldn't say that. Basilisk is better and it's not even that great of a manga.