TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-25 13:55:55 Reply

I started on Durarara.

I really like the format, where it's skipping back and forwards through time, filling in blanks and showing events from different character's perspectives each episode.

Not as sold on the world itself. Blew it's load on what Celty is far too soon, could definitely have gone for some more of the mystery of the first couple of episodes, and unless it's a deliberate red herring they've really telegraphed where her head is. Feels like a bit of a clusterfuck of ideas thrown together, so will be interesting to see how they can pull all the disperate stories together later on.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
EKM
EKM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-25 14:14:24 Reply

At 6/25/16 01:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: I started on Durarara.

I really like the format, where it's skipping back and forwards through time, filling in blanks and showing events from different character's perspectives each episode.

Not as sold on the world itself. Blew it's load on what Celty is far too soon, could definitely have gone for some more of the mystery of the first couple of episodes, and unless it's a deliberate red herring they've really telegraphed where her head is. Feels like a bit of a clusterfuck of ideas thrown together, so will be interesting to see how they can pull all the disperate stories together later on.

Keep watching. There are a lot of twists and turns and surprises down the road.

I personally like Durarara a lot, but it's one of those series where it's hard to get into if you're not consistently watching it. There is just so much going on.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-25 17:09:25 Reply

At 6/25/16 12:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 6/25/16 12:21 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I always knew that you wanted to be like me. lol
Some day...
I will train until my post-fu is good enough for my icon to take over the whole front page of the vg forum! All my topics, all last posts by me! Some day!

We will see, grasshopper.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Naked-Shin
Naked-Shin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-28 02:34:35 Reply

At 6/16/16 04:51 PM, RealFaction wrote: The toxicity of this thread makes me want to unfollow it. Bye everyone.

It hasn't changed, even in 10 years. Makes me miss the ADC some more.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-28 13:24:54 (edited 2016-06-28 13:34:47) Reply

At 6/17/16 10:28 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Bloody hell lads I'm drunk and retro tripping through my internet childhood, incredible this is still alive, even with members that had been here ages when I joined! This is just a momentary pop in but it's good to see this community still going after so long.

Aw, I missed this post. My bad.

P.S Sense-Offender,
I was brought back here chatting to willy and he was surprised you're still using that sig he made you must've been about 7 years ago, still with the credit even.

Had this sig since the redesign. It's too cool for me to want a new one. @JaY11 did like my last three sigs, I think. There was the Electric Wizard - Dopethrone one and the one with all the different sludge/stoner metal flyer artwork. I still have those on my external HD.

God Luck and Good Speed fellas!

haha

I still haven't gotten myself to watch that one even though I own it. Been meaning to for a couple of years, now, I think. Baccano! was awesome.

At 6/28/16 02:34 AM, Naked-Shin wrote:
At 6/16/16 04:51 PM, RealFaction wrote: The toxicity of this thread makes me want to unfollow it. Bye everyone.
It hasn't changed, even in 10 years. Makes me miss the ADC some more.

lol It used to be real judgemental in here. This ain't shit.

Meeemoooriiieees...

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-28 17:10:05 Reply

Where were you back in the day? The thread was only slightly better than politics during a decade ago.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
SB-Anims
SB-Anims
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-28 21:00:47 Reply

I love anime

I plan to draw anime arts, and flash. I seen this before!

I can draw oc's and fc's, so i make some of my flash videos. Like simple and expert, and i put sfx

I LOVE ANIME CHARACTERS AND OC'S

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Reader
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-29 10:28:35 Reply

Have you seen Baccano? Doesn't sound like you have, but Durarara is the follow up to Baccano (they even do that stupid thing with the numbered exclamation marks, Baccano having "!" and DRRR having "!!") and they have a similar style and format. It's a clusterfuck too until the last few episodes but it's one of my early favourites, I'd have recommended it before Durarara.

Certified Professional
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-29 15:39:32 Reply

At 6/29/16 10:28 AM, Jackho wrote:
Have you seen Baccano

It's in The Pile, just haven't got around to it yet.

Anime Club

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature