New Topic Respond to this Topic
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-06 18:05:58 Reply

At 5/6/16 01:18 PM, Jackho wrote: You're high-balling it there, there's a lot of variance by manufactuerer but for the most part it's still quite rare for a figure to go over $100 or about 10,000 yen, and even that that's just for scale figures and not articulated "action" figures which are much cheaper.

The figures seem responsibly priced. Action figures are the best for playing with.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-07 05:52:31 Reply

At 5/5/16 10:55 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: I need some new anime to watch guys...
I've recently found myself stuck in a loop where i watch Nichijou, Black Bullet and Hellsing Ultimate and i feel like this shit is getting boring after you watch it like from 3 to 10 times a day.
What anime would you guys recommend?

panzer und girl, worth of explosion and cuteness

Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-07 10:42:04 Reply

At 5/7/16 05:52 AM, KompiButut wrote: panzer und girl, worth of explosion and cuteness

Let us know what you think after watching.

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-07 10:45:07 Reply

At 5/7/16 10:42 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/7/16 05:52 AM, KompiButut wrote: panzer und girl, worth of explosion and cuteness

Me or Kompi?
Kompi already watched it.

Tutorial archive // features Game dev, art and technology tutorials.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-07 11:17:09 Reply

New Toonami tonight. Glad they didn't do all repeats.

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-07 11:50:01 Reply

At 5/7/16 10:45 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 5/7/16 10:42 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Me or Kompi?
Kompi already watched it.

well i hope you like a tanks and cute girls, if you do this probaly good for you. hope you like it as i do like it...

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-08 11:18:56 Reply

At 5/7/16 11:50 AM, KompiButut wrote: well i hope you like a tanks and cute girls, if you do this probaly good for you. hope you like it as i do like it...

I like it, did others?

Toonami was good last night, but Tom needs to do something new. He is still stuck on the planet without any progress.

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-11 17:06:13 Reply

I watched Psycho-Pass and Kuma Miko. i was going to watch some girl und panzer and some evangelion but my app doesn't have those as it seems.

Anyway, about Psycho-Pass
It was fantastic, the futuristic atmosphere and badass character design was very awesome, i especially loved those weapons they use (can't remember their names now) and how they shift from a thing to another depending on the situation or someone's insanity, but it was slightly depressing and disturbing with all the crazy people and what happens to them. the psycho who takes a woman as a hostage was really disturbing to me because it felt like no matter how normal can someone be they might always be insane. the woman who was taken hostage was also a little bit disturbing because of how much painful events she goes through, first she gets burnt with a hot knife on her chest, then she gets rapped, then she watches someone burst into a fountain of blood and then she's followed by cops that want her dead because she became way too insane, but i can't say that this was bad because i really love anime that have a depressing atmosphere to how the story unfolds. it was a great anime.
You guys should watch it, you might also enjoy this @KompiButut it has gore, violence and it's an action anime.

But Kuma Miko however, was pure shit.
It had way too many over-used anime tropes, the voice acting was garbage and the idea in general was crap.
Now sure, anime tropes are alright if they're placed in the right time and place, but in this anime, they're always in the wrong time and place, for example "I want to go to the city *Lightning because i'm so badass*" "No *Lightning because i'm so awesome*" or even "Oh no i don't know how to answer this completely un-important question, wathc me fly behind a dark background while my eyes go cartoony and i act like i'm upset" my point is that they've used these tropes in the wrong time, some anime uses these tropes in the right time, for example, there's this scene in Nichijou where the professor catches Sakamoto playing with an eraser, he uses almost the same trope but it's for something important like his "Authority" and not something un-important like a dumb question about the city, and there's also Seitokai Yakuindomo where Tsuda gets praised for the first time by his friends, he then freezes into a bit of a cartoony drawing and wonders if he was useful before, now that wasn't the same trope but it was used in the right time. as for the voice acting bieng shit, it had no tone in it, it felt like an emotionless person reading from a paper, there are anime that have better voice acting such as Black Bullet, Hellsing and Chuunibyou, in these said animes, the voice acting fits the situations and it's as if they're actually living in those situations, unlike in this anime where it seems like somene is reading from some paper or something and just being like "You know what, i'll just read this and try to act like i have emotions" as for the idea of it, a girl meating a bear is pretty un-original, it was done many times in bed time stories for kids and the bear seemed like the author's attempt at being original. and also, this Machi girl looks exactly like tokisaki kurumi from Date-A-Live just look (Pic below) So yeah, it's shit, i don't recommend you watch this if you don't like over-used anime tropes and other garbage like that. fucks sake though, no wonder people prefer old anime over modern anime these days.

Anime Club

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-12 05:03:05 Reply

At 5/11/16 05:06 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: I watched Psycho-Pass and Kuma Miko. i was going to watch some girl und panzer and some evangelion but my app doesn't have those as it seems.

You guys should watch it, you might also enjoy this @KompiButut it has gore, violence and it's an action anime.

surely will check it, i remember have watch the first episode and wait a good time to watch it and forget to watch it like i always do...
i never watch Kuma Miko yet so good thing it suck.
btw what kind of application you use for watching anime? i always use my ordinary google browser if i watching stuff from phone... i might download it too if its good.

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-12 05:18:28 Reply

At 5/12/16 05:03 AM, KompiButut wrote: btw what kind of application you use for watching anime? i always use my ordinary google browser if i watching stuff from phone... i might download it too if its good.

It's this app called Animania, it allows you to both download and watch anime and even save some other anime as faves to watch later. there's also this other app called AnimeFreak but it got a name change and i can't remember what was their new name.
Anyway, here's a link to Animania : http://www.mobi24.net/anime.html

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-13 04:15:30 Reply

I've watched some AJin a while ago and it's pretty interesting.
It had some pretty good concepts that were nicely executed.
Now i don't normally watch 3D anime but this one was pretty good, the 3D models were pretty nice as well the scenery and areas, the weapons also looked pretty nice as well the effects. the idea is also pretty good, even though the whole concept of immortality has been done like a million time in anime, movies, books, comics, etc, this anime did it in a pretty cool way unlike how some other shows make immortal characters unharmable, in this anime however, the characters actually get hurt but regenerate and show some signs of pain unlike most other shows where the character becomes immune to pain in all forms and doesn't even show a slight sign of being hurt.
I recommend you guys give it a watch.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-14 19:09:53 Reply

Happy to have another new Toonami tonight. With summer approaching the repeats will soon be upon us.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-14 19:25:42 Reply

Newsflash!

Important update!

FYI!

PSA!

Toonami is on Saturday this week! :O

That is all!

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-14 23:50:15 Reply

Dimension W started out good, but has lost seem steam lately. Will it end up another anime will a disappointing finish?

BBS Signature
VenomationsTV
VenomationsTV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-15 11:15:45 Reply

At 5/14/16 11:50 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Dimension W started out good, but has lost seem steam lately. Will it end up another anime will a disappointing finish?

I tried watching Dimension W and Attack on Titan. For some reason, I just wasn't that into it.

Stick your nose into my ass and smell it.
Sig made by Homicidee

The Twerking Thread

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-15 11:17:24 Reply

At 5/15/16 11:15 AM, VenomationsTV wrote:
At 5/14/16 11:50 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Dimension W started out good, but has lost seem steam lately. Will it end up another anime will a disappointing finish?
I tried watching Dimension W and Attack on Titan. For some reason, I just wasn't that into it.

Dimension W started okay, but the plot really started to fall apart. I just finished the first season and it was meh.

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-27 07:44:20 Reply

any good anime for this week? im done watch some series cant decide which should i watch next

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-27 10:12:43 Reply

At 5/27/16 07:44 AM, KompiButut wrote: any good anime for this week? im done watch some series cant decide which should i watch next

Psycho-pass
Kore wa zombie desu ka (I haven't seen it but it's a zombie thingy)
Highschool of the dead.

BBS Signature
MESRecords
MESRecords
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-28 10:54:53 Reply

I'm currently struggling through Digimon Xros Wars. 47 episodes in and it's really mediocre. I just want to be able to say that I've watched every Digimon season up to now but god, it's so bland.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-28 11:02:04 Reply

At 5/28/16 10:54 AM, MESRecords wrote: I'm currently struggling through Digimon Xros Wars. 47 episodes in and it's really mediocre. I just want to be able to say that I've watched every Digimon season up to now but god, it's so bland.

Watching every episode of an anime can be a challenge, but don't stop now. Maybe it will have a great ending?

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-28 16:56:35 Reply

Got into reading the manga, "Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu".

It has the usual shoujo cliches as one would expect but for some reason I couldn't stop reading. With that said, on the comments section some of the readers did have issues with the first 20 chapters where the relationship came off as abusive but it doesn't seem that bad despite the love interest being a dick due to his mommy issues (and the fact that he catches the teacher he liked having sex with a student).

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-29 00:44:56 (edited 2016-05-29 00:54:04) Reply

At 5/27/16 10:12 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 5/27/16 07:44 AM, KompiButut wrote: any good anime for this week? im done watch some series cant decide which should i watch next
Psycho-pass
Kore wa zombie desu ka (I haven't seen it but it's a zombie thingy)
Highschool of the dead

i already watch psycho-pass a while ago and highschool of the dead in the past little bit dissapointed with hotd. how about kore wa zombie desu ka ? i like zombie kind of thing

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-29 04:34:08 Reply

At 5/29/16 12:44 AM, KompiButut wrote: i already watch psycho-pass a while ago and highschool of the dead in the past little bit dissapointed with hotd. how about kore wa zombie desu ka ? i like zombie kind of thing

I haven't seen it but i heard it's interesting.
I plan on watching it soon.

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-29 11:12:04 Reply

At 5/29/16 04:34 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 5/29/16 12:44 AM, KompiButut wrote: i already watch psycho-pass a while ago and highschool of the dead in the past little bit dissapointed with hotd. how about kore wa zombie desu ka ? i like zombie kind of thing
I haven't seen it but i heard it's interesting.
I plan on watching it soon.

i already watch the first episode and its not a kind of zombie im expecting but well its to late for me to get back. btw its has a cute girl with chain saw and lot of explosion typical anime magical girl with unique clothing and blazing everywhere...
cant say much since im not done wih this series yet.

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-29 11:13:12 Reply

At 5/29/16 11:12 AM, KompiButut wrote: i already watch the first episode and its not a kind of zombie im expecting but well its to late for me to get back. btw its has a cute girl with chain saw and lot of explosion typical anime magical girl with unique clothing and blazing everywhere...

Any blood? death scenes? gore? or anything you'd expect in a zombie anime?

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-05-29 11:41:01 Reply

At 5/29/16 11:13 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 5/29/16 11:12 AM, KompiButut wrote: i already watch the first episode and its not a kind of zombie im expecting but well its to late for me to get back. btw its has a cute girl with chain saw and lot of explosion typical anime magical girl with unique clothing and blazing everywhere...
Any blood? death scenes? gore? or anything you'd expect in a zombie anime?

of course there is blood and gore, im expecting a survival horror zombie situation hmmhmm...
this zombie dude can speak act like a normal human...

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-02 10:43:42 Reply

@LuckyLightTitan hey mate is there any anime like nichijou i almost done with Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?. i like nichijou for their bold art style kind of childish i like it make everything much more hillarious.

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-02 12:25:06 Reply

At 6/2/16 10:43 AM, KompiButut wrote: @LuckyLightTitan hey mate is there any anime like nichijou i almost done with Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?. i like nichijou for their bold art style kind of childish i like it make everything much more hillarious.

There's Lucky Star
It's a bit of a kiddy anime so i'm not sure if you'll like it.
Also give Shimoneta a go whenever you can, YOU WON'T REGRET IT

BBS Signature
MESRecords
MESRecords
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-02 19:04:50 Reply

At 5/28/16 11:02 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/28/16 10:54 AM, MESRecords wrote: I'm currently struggling through Digimon Xros Wars. 47 episodes in and it's really mediocre. I just want to be able to say that I've watched every Digimon season up to now but god, it's so bland.
Watching every episode of an anime can be a challenge, but don't stop now. Maybe it will have a great ending?

I already know the ending. I like it, but it's just not the same as the other seasons. They threw everything I loved and all of the established rules overboard for some mecha stuff. And I don't like mechas to begin with.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-06-02 21:32:53 Reply

At 6/2/16 07:04 PM, MESRecords wrote: I already know the ending. I like it, but it's just not the same as the other seasons. They threw everything I loved and all of the established rules overboard for some mecha stuff. And I don't like mechas to begin with.

You already know the ending, but you are still making yourself watch every episode? You should just try a new anime.

BBS Signature