Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,581,439 Views
  • 60,257 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
AzuneMadness
AzuneMadness
  • Member since: May. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-01 02:35:42 Reply

Who's watching Parasyte? I'm kind of sad it's ending soon, best anime released in a while. But it is madhouse so that's to be expected.


「It's not my fault 」

SteamMy Anime ListTraktPSN

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-01 12:49:51 Reply

Just came across "Kiss x Death" and after going deeper into the first chapter, the whole thing is getting weird...now if only Migi shows up.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-01 19:32:49 Reply

At 3/1/15 02:35 AM, AzuneMadness wrote: Who's watching Parasyte? I'm kind of sad it's ending soon, best anime released in a while. But it is madhouse so that's to be expected.

I am watching and I like it so far. Is anybody else?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

supra187
supra187
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-01 20:18:08 Reply

At 2/28/15 10:40 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 2/28/15 10:25 PM, supra187 wrote:
I tried reading the light novel but I don't like how there are no pictures.
I agree, there should be more pictures. At least we got to see what Rossweisse looks like and she looked great in the anime trailer for the third season.

Yeh I might get around reading it. Not sure.

Tropzilla
Tropzilla
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 01:48:03 Reply

I'm looking for a good horror series besides When They Cry, I finished Another recently, and was realllly dissapointed in it

ShiroRiza17
ShiroRiza17
  • Member since: Oct. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 06:34:45 Reply

At 3/2/15 01:48 AM, Tropzilla wrote: I'm looking for a good horror series besides When They Cry, I finished Another recently, and was realllly dissapointed in it

I don't know other horror animes besides Another but I am interested to watch another horror anime. And Another was not that bad, can I ask why are you disappointed of that anime?


BBS Signature
Tropzilla
Tropzilla
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 10:05:14 Reply

At 3/2/15 06:34 AM, ShiroRiza17 wrote:
At 3/2/15 01:48 AM, Tropzilla wrote: I'm looking for a good horror series besides When They Cry, I finished Another recently, and was realllly dissapointed in it
I don't know other horror animes besides Another but I am interested to watch another horror anime. And Another was not that bad, can I ask why are you disappointed of that anime?

Just kind of seemed to drag on, and just felt too Final Destinationy, but wasn't Final Destination. Also the theme song was terrible.

ShiroRiza17
ShiroRiza17
  • Member since: Oct. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 10:15:54 Reply

At 3/2/15 10:05 AM, Tropzilla wrote:
At 3/2/15 06:34 AM, ShiroRiza17 wrote:
At 3/2/15 01:48 AM, Tropzilla wrote: I'm looking for a good horror series besides When They Cry, I finished Another recently, and was realllly dissapointed in it
I don't know other horror animes besides Another but I am interested to watch another horror anime. And Another was not that bad, can I ask why are you disappointed of that anime?
Just kind of seemed to drag on, and just felt too Final Destinationy, but wasn't Final Destination. Also the theme song was terrible.

Hmm,I see. I think I like the anime because I'm a scaredy cat,lol XD I like both the story and the theme song. But do let me know if you found another horror anime^^/


BBS Signature
Tropzilla
Tropzilla
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 11:30:20 Reply

Hmm,I see. I think I like the anime because I'm a scaredy cat,lol XD I like both the story and the theme song. But do let me know if you found another horror anime^^/

I'll keep you updated, but for now if you think you can handle it, When They Cry is far superior

ShiroRiza17
ShiroRiza17
  • Member since: Oct. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 11:50:59 Reply

At 3/2/15 11:30 AM, Tropzilla wrote:
Hmm,I see. I think I like the anime because I'm a scaredy cat,lol XD I like both the story and the theme song. But do let me know if you found another horror anime^^/
I'll keep you updated, but for now if you think you can handle it, When They Cry is far superior

Haha,thanks! Sure,I will check it out when I'm free.


BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 18:51:33 (edited 2015-03-02 18:59:37) Reply

At 3/2/15 11:30 AM, Tropzilla wrote:
Hmm,I see. I think I like the anime because I'm a scaredy cat,lol XD I like both the story and the theme song. But do let me know if you found another horror anime^^/
I'll keep you updated, but for now if you think you can handle it, When They Cry is far superior

Have you seen Corpse Party: Tortured Souls? It's an anime OVA series based on a game and it's very short with only four episodes. It's actually more disturbing than scary.

Anime Club


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 19:47:57 Reply

At 3/2/15 01:48 AM, Tropzilla wrote: I'm looking for a good horror series besides When They Cry, I finished Another recently, and was realllly dissapointed in it

Boogiepop Phantom

Hundred Stories A.K.A Requiem From the Darkness

Paranoia Agent

and Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma has a bit of horror mixed with action

I think those are all really good anime and aside from maybe Paranoia Agent, they're very underrated IMO. Definitely recommended to everyone.

Oh, and Vampire Hunter D could sort of be considered horror/fantasy/action. That's one of my favorite movies. I love the atmosphere of it so much. Bloodlust is good, too, but it doesn't have that.


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Tropzilla
Tropzilla
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 21:26:28 Reply

At 3/2/15 07:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Oh, and Vampire Hunter D could sort of be considered horror/fantasy/action. That's one of my favorite movies. I love the atmosphere of it so much. Bloodlust is good, too, but it doesn't have that.

Appreciate it!

Tropzilla
Tropzilla
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-02 23:34:54 (edited 2015-03-02 23:37:53) Reply

At 3/2/15 06:51 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
Have you seen Corpse Party: Tortured Souls? It's an anime OVA series based on a game and it's very short with only four episodes. It's actually more disturbing than scary.

I've added it to my list recently, I love the games. someone also suggested Deadman Wonderland

ShiroRiza17
ShiroRiza17
  • Member since: Oct. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-03 08:39:15 Reply

@Tropzilla I'm watching When They Cry and so far so good, I'm already three episodes in! I'm watching the dub version by the way but it wasn't too bad.


BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-03 11:15:06 Reply

At 3/3/15 08:39 AM, ShiroRiza17 wrote: @Tropzilla I'm watching When They Cry and so far so good, I'm already three episodes in! I'm watching the dub version by the way but it wasn't too bad.

I saw it, and the dub version is okay. Let us know your thoughts as you keep watching it.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-03 13:01:45 Reply

Turns out the Forbidden Planet near me has a massive manga section hidden, and it's all on 3 for 2 at the minute.

Grabbed the first two books of Dragon Ball (actually the first 6 volumes, as they're big 3-in-1 collections) and volume six of Watamote yesterday, probably going to go back for more later in the week.

Dragon Ball is fun so far. Like it more than Dragon Ball Z, although I've only seen the show of that, so maybe the books are better across the board.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2015-03-03 13:31:09 Reply

At 3/3/15 01:01 PM, TheMaster wrote: Dragon Ball is fun so far. Like it more than Dragon Ball Z, although I've only seen the show of that, so maybe the books are better across the board.

Dragon Ball is fantastic, I've been slowly rewatching it lately and I'm really having a lot of fun.

As for Z, the manga is a small step up from the show, but it's still far inferior to Dragon Ball. I've always been disappointed that DBZ gets all the attention when the original is so much better.


BBS Signature