Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2015-01-27 20:47:41 Reply

At 1/27/15 08:20 PM, Oolaph wrote: If you've seen it, what are your thoughts on it? If you haven't seen it and enjoy cyberpunk with heavy focus on existential themes, I definitely recommend it. Really cool show.

I thought the actual content of the show was kind of boring and it never really felt like much was at stake but I really enjoyed the aesthetic with the big hulking late 90's computer rigs mixed with cyberpunk.

It's neat but I dunno if i'd watch it again or anything like that.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-01-28 06:11:14 Reply

I know I've already asked this, but I don't feel like going back a shit ton of pages to find it. I guess I'm getting back into anime, so what are some good short anime? Preferably something that is available for free on Crunchyroll or some other streaming site.

Head-Full-Of-Acid
Head-Full-Of-Acid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2015-01-30 02:13:58 (edited 2015-01-30 02:14:28) Reply

At 1/28/15 06:11 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I know I've already asked this, but I don't feel like going back a shit ton of pages to find it. I guess I'm getting back into anime, so what are some good short anime? Preferably something that is available for free on Crunchyroll or some other streaming site.

I haven't watched much one cour stuff (or really much at all tbh). I'd think typically most good ones would get a second season, in which case there'd be a lot of options.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is 12 episodes.
FLCL is 6 OVAs
Aku no Hana (this is a really soft recommendation because I liked it when I watched it but a lot of people HATED it)
and there's Kyousougiga, which I couldn't really get into, but might be something worth watching.

There's a good chance you might've seen them already. There's also things like Little Witch Academia and films that might fit your criteria.

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-01-30 02:25:03 Reply

At 1/30/15 02:13 AM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: I haven't watched much one cour stuff (or really much at all tbh). I'd think typically most good ones would get a second season, in which case there'd be a lot of options.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is 12 episodes.
FLCL is 6 OVAs
Aku no Hana (this is a really soft recommendation because I liked it when I watched it but a lot of people HATED it)
and there's Kyousougiga, which I couldn't really get into, but might be something worth watching.

There's a good chance you might've seen them already. There's also things like Little Witch Academia and films that might fit your criteria.

I haven't heard of any of them, let alone watched them. When I used to be into anime around 5 years ago, I was into be into the really common shit like Naruto. So far I've watched all of WataMote and I'm at episode 7 of Oreimo. Oreimo is fucking weird, though. And some asshole on /a/ posted this, so I know how much weirder it gets.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-01-30 11:15:53 Reply

At 1/27/15 01:04 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I'm not watching any anime at the moment. I'm currently reading a manga called Terra Formars.

How is Terra Formars? I have not seen it yet.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-01-30 12:45:56 Reply

At 1/30/15 11:15 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 1/27/15 01:04 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I'm not watching any anime at the moment. I'm currently reading a manga called Terra Formars.
How is Terra Formars? I have not seen it yet.

It's not bad. Only problem is, they tend to kill off a lot of people, including main characters. It's one of the few series' where not even main characters get any plot armor.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature