Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,871,669 Views
  • 60,626 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 13:36:24 Reply

At 3/8/16 01:30 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
if you're okay with pedo stuff and traps then go for it :)
i don't have any anime to recommend btw, i don't watch much anime but i want to watch more
any suggestions?

Ah i see, i guess i will skip for this one. Have you watch Gangsta?


Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 13:37:16 Reply

At 3/8/16 01:36 PM, KompiButut wrote:
At 3/8/16 01:30 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
if you're okay with pedo stuff and traps then go for it :)
i don't have any anime to recommend btw, i don't watch much anime but i want to watch more
any suggestions?
Ah i see, i guess i will skip for this one. Have you watch Gangsta?

i heard of it a long time ago but i haven't seen it
is it good?

KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 13:43:20 Reply

At 3/8/16 01:37 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 3/8/16 01:36 PM, KompiButut wrote:
At 3/8/16 01:30 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
if you're okay with pedo stuff and traps then go for it :)
i don't have any anime to recommend btw, i don't watch much anime but i want to watch more
any suggestions?
Ah i see, i guess i will skip for this one. Have you watch Gangsta?
i heard of it a long time ago but i haven't seen it
is it good?

If you like killing like me, well this is good ofcourse. Not much in story but i still love it all character is badass, for ending hmm you should watch it. Its not bad i like it.


Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 13:44:59 Reply

At 3/8/16 01:43 PM, KompiButut wrote: If you like killing like me, well this is good ofcourse. Not much in story but i still love it all character is badass, for ending hmm you should watch it. Its not bad i like it.

i like anime blood baths
i'll try it today

Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 14:51:40 Reply

At 3/8/16 01:30 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: i don't watch much anime but i want to watch more
any suggestions?

Neon Genesis Evangelion
The End of Evangelion
Evangelion 1.11: You Are Not Alone
Evangelion 2.22: You Can Not Advance


BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 14:57:33 Reply

At 3/8/16 02:51 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 3/8/16 01:30 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: i don't watch much anime but i want to watch more
any suggestions?
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The End of Evangelion
Evangelion 1.11: You Are Not Alone
Evangelion 2.22: You Can Not Advance

Wogh old anime, i have watch neon genesis only.
Its a great anime well 10 years ago. Im gonna watch it again and the rest of the series too.
Thanks sir, classic stuff never get old.


Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 16:35:14 Reply

At 3/8/16 10:22 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: hello everyone!
i like anime
can i join this club?

Hello, yes you can join the club. What Animes do you like?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 16:40:25 Reply

At 3/8/16 04:35 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/8/16 10:22 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: hello everyone!
i like anime
can i join this club?
Hello, yes you can join the club. What Animes do you like?

thanks!
i like Chuunibyou and attack on titan
i like most anime, especially those with great characters
such animes give more life to the whole show and make the watching experience a lot better, a great example of that is Nichijou where every character has something special about them

LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 18:28:03 Reply

i tried some Space Dandy just a minute ago
and it was awesome! this is the first time ever i don't actually care about the anime having a good story or not

Neoslayre
Neoslayre
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 19:12:00 Reply

At 3/8/16 06:28 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: i tried some Space Dandy just a minute ago
and it was awesome! this is the first time ever i don't actually care about the anime having a good story or not

BOOBIES

LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 19:22:47 Reply

At 3/8/16 07:12 PM, NEOSLAYRE wrote:
At 3/8/16 06:28 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: i tried some Space Dandy just a minute ago
and it was awesome! this is the first time ever i don't actually care about the anime having a good story or not
BOOBIES

why not the BOOTY?
a lot of those can be found on BOOBIES
the best breastaurant in the galaxy

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-08 23:44:20 Reply

At 3/8/16 02:51 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 3/8/16 01:30 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: i don't watch much anime but i want to watch more
any suggestions?
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The End of Evangelion
Evangelion 1.11: You Are Not Alone
Evangelion 2.22: You Can Not Advance

How is that series? I know it's a popular, classic series, but I have yet to see it, and I do know the main characters.


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-09 00:05:34 Reply

At 3/8/16 11:44 PM, Vinnyy wrote: How is that series? I know it's a popular, classic series, but I have yet to see it, and I do know the main characters.

Very good. Very very good. It isn't the GREATEST JAPANESE ANIMATED WORK OF ALL TIME (that's SDF Macross of course}, but there's a very good reason for the dedicated fanbase it has.

A lot of people say that the show is incomplete due to budget constraints and that you need to watch End of Evangelion to get the "true ending", but I think the show's ending is very fitting and does a perfectly good job on its own. EOE is great, though.

I still haven't seen the remake/retelling/whatever films yet, they seem sort of unnecessary. idk maybe I'll give them a shot some day.


BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-09 11:16:24 Reply

At 3/8/16 06:28 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: i tried some Space Dandy just a minute ago
and it was awesome! this is the first time ever i don't actually care about the anime having a good story or not

Space Dandy is a dandy guy having dandy adventures.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-09 13:21:58 Reply

Just finished Macross Frontier.

I'd say it was my least favorite Macross, but I don't think that's a fair statement considering I can't remember a single thing that happened in Macross II.

There wasn't a single character that I found even remotely interesting (except maybe Ozma), the Vajra felt like an empty monster of the week villain and did not work as the main threat of the show, and the animation did nothing but make me think "they thought this looked acceptable?" every time a battle scene would come up.

Oh well. Hopefully Delta will be a step up.


BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-09 19:44:17 Reply

cringiest anime ever?
Watamote and Makura no danshi
don't even watch those, it's bad for you brain cells

Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-09 20:14:22 (edited 2016-03-09 20:17:13) Reply

At 3/8/16 11:44 PM, Vinnyy wrote: How is that series? I know it's a popular, classic series, but I have yet to see it, and I do know the main characters.

Literally the best. My favourite anime, TV show and movie (End of Eva) of all time (OF ALL TIME) all at once.

At 3/9/16 12:05 AM, Oolaph wrote: It isn't the GREATEST JAPANESE ANIMATED WORK OF ALL TIME (that's SDF Macross of course}, but there's a very good reason for the dedicated fanbase it has.

incorrect but good attempt

A lot of people say that the show is incomplete due to budget constraints and that you need to watch End of Evangelion to get the "true ending", but I think the show's ending is very fitting and does a perfectly good job on its own. EOE is great, though.

As much as I like the show's ending EoE is just on another level and I'd have been left with such a strong impression without it.

I still haven't seen the remake/retelling/whatever films yet, they seem sort of unnecessary. idk maybe I'll give them a shot some day.

They're pretty much Evangelion for people who didn't "get" Evangelion, with more action, a more assertive Shinji who can go super saiyan and none of the train scenes. It gets a lot of praise from people who spout the usual "hurr shinji's a pussy why doesn't he just get in the robot and not have any problems and fuck every female he meets", because clearly the one thing Evangelion should have done is be more like every other anime ever made in the most forgettably contrived ways.

The first film is a fairly straight forward if inferior copy of the first six episodes. 2.22 breaks off in it's own direction and I think it's one of the greatest action movies I've seen, definitely if you limit it to animation and visually still the most impressive anime anything I've seen.

3.33 goes off the rails further and tries to pull another EoE, the whole film is basically one big curve ball and the opposite of the previous one. Theoretically it should appeal to an original Eva fan but at this point we're so far into this new series without any of the old substance backing it up, it just feels so empty and artificial to pull out the rug and act like it's all a ruse. Most character's actions here make little sense in the context of their old personalities and absolutely none within their new glossy rebuild personas.

It's not a bad film either but I consider it the only true misstep of the series. All it does is alienate the new fans in a very weak attempt to recapture the old ones. That's just imo as a massive fan of the old Eva though, I think they're all absolutely worth watching.

At 3/9/16 07:44 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: cringiest anime ever?
Watamote

You say that like it's a bad thing but Watamote's cringe was both intentional and what made the show so great. A lot of British comedies have the same type of humor - Peep Show, The Inbetweeners, the original Office. Awkward people in horribly awkward situations.


BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-10 07:40:48 Reply

At 3/9/16 08:14 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 3/9/16 07:44 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: cringiest anime ever?
Watamote
You say that like it's a bad thing but Watamote's cringe was both intentional and what made the show so great. A lot of British comedies have the same type of humor - Peep Show, The Inbetweeners, the original Office. Awkward people in horribly awkward situations.

i see... i don't think it's all that bad anymore
but still, makura no danshi is total cringe

MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-10 08:14:02 Reply

At 3/10/16 07:40 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 3/9/16 08:14 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 3/9/16 07:44 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: cringiest anime ever?
Watamote
You say that like it's a bad thing but Watamote's cringe was both intentional and what made the show so great. A lot of British comedies have the same type of humor - Peep Show, The Inbetweeners, the original Office. Awkward people in horribly awkward situations.
i see... i don't think it's all that bad anymore
but still, makura no danshi is total cringe

The cringiest anime I've ever seen was Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, with its over-the-top Manzai humor that never gave me a chance to process anything.
Tenchi Muyo! GXP was a close 2nd. Seina Yamada reminds me of a young Tenchi Masaki exaggerated to the extreme, with a bandage somehow ingrained in his hairline. All of the main characters from the original Tenchi Muyo! make cameos, and only Washuu sounds remotely similar (it's still not right - she sounds like she's from New Jersey). Last, but not least, the ultimate cop-out in a harem anime: Seina marries EVERYONE.


Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-10 11:01:45 Reply

At 3/8/16 07:22 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: why not the BOOTY?
a lot of those can be found on BOOBIES
the best breastaurant in the galaxy

Boobies are always better than the booty, according to Space Dandy.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-11 04:11:27 Reply

have any of you guys read Crime Zone?
it's a ecchi manga with very brutal killing scenes and it's all about vampires but it's a good read with all the violence aside
if you guys wanna give it a go then here :
http://mangafox.me/manga/crime_zone/

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-11 10:32:58 Reply

At 3/11/16 04:11 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: have any of you guys read Crime Zone?
it's a ecchi manga with very brutal killing scenes and it's all about vampires but it's a good read with all the violence aside
if you guys wanna give it a go then here :
http://mangafox.me/manga/crime_zone/

I have not read it, but it looks nice. I will check it out. Thanks for the info and the link.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-11 12:00:47 Reply

have you guys ever read 6000?
i know it sounds a bit cheesy and all but it's not that bad
it was the first manga i ever read and man, it was such a good read
here's a link :
http://mangafox.me/manga/6000/

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-11 15:55:30 Reply

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/ero_manga_sensei/

Heard it's going to get its own anime series, like the author's certain other work.

At least this time the siblings aren't blood related.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-13 05:54:24 Reply

At 3/10/16 07:40 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
i see... i don't think it's all that bad anymore

yes you should, watamote is awesome its worth of mass killing anime. for me tomoko is the Number #1 anime girl to be friend with if she even real.


Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-15 02:31:36 Reply

At 3/13/16 05:54 AM, KompiButut wrote: yes you should, watamote is awesome its worth of mass killing anime. for me tomoko is the Number #1 anime girl to be friend with if she even real.

I would be friends would her. Hard to find a anime girl that makes a good friend, and not just a silly cute girl.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
KompiButut
KompiButut
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-15 06:05:54 Reply

At 3/15/16 02:31 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/13/16 05:54 AM, KompiButut wrote: yes you should, watamote is awesome its worth of mass killing anime. for me tomoko is the Number #1 anime girl to be friend with if she even real.
I would be friends would her. Hard to find a anime girl that makes a good friend, and not just a silly cute girl.

you got my point, boy doing crazy stuff is common but for girl it is extremely rare. i never meet girl like her in my whole life. and i can feel the same what she feel because some of her story is same as mine.
she funny, her thinking way is unique, and badass for some reason.


Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa
Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

This awesome signature by Decky

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-15 13:43:25 Reply

At 3/15/16 06:05 AM, KompiButut wrote: you got my point, boy doing crazy stuff is common but for girl it is extremely rare. i never meet girl like her in my whole life. and i can feel the same what she feel because some of her story is same as mine.
she funny, her thinking way is unique, and badass for some reason.

I agree, she would make a great friend. Many cute girl have no personality, but she does.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
LuckyLightTitan
LuckyLightTitan
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-15 13:57:59 (edited 2016-03-15 13:59:23) Reply

At 3/15/16 01:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/15/16 06:05 AM, KompiButut wrote: you got my point, boy doing crazy stuff is common but for girl it is extremely rare. i never meet girl like her in my whole life. and i can feel the same what she feel because some of her story is same as mine.
she funny, her thinking way is unique, and badass for some reason.
I agree, she would make a great friend. Many cute girl have no personality, but she does.

She's also very perverted.
But that's not bad, i hate the kind of girls who are act like someone else and avoid being true to themselves like most girls in anime shows like KissXsis (Incest, soft pr0n, but good read)
Tomoko however is always true to herself, she doesn't act like she's innocent and just goes with being herself all the time.
For an awkward girl, she's pretty special.

Also, the reason why i mentioned KissXsis is because most of the female characters act like they're innocent even though they're not Ako, Riko and Mikuni are by the far the prime example of what a female character who acts innocent should be.

Even though they do lots of perverted shit with that Keita fag they still dislike the idea of themselves being perverts.
MasterStalker
MasterStalker
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2016-03-16 02:00:13 Reply

At 3/6/16 11:41 PM, KompiButut wrote:
At 3/2/16 04:48 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
My room mate showed me Dead Man Wonderland. it's wildly nonsensical killing. DMWL is a prison made into a carnival where the inmates are forced to entertain paying customers on wildly dangerous attractions. It didn't get renewed for a second season though, so dont get too hyped about the cliffhanger ending.
I have finished Deadman Wonderland today i can say that was my anime type, everthing is awesome its been a while im not feel this again. Even thought its stupid about public not suspicious about this prison illegal activity still it was a great anime. ahhh its only 12 episode and there is still lot of thing unanswered. Beside cliffhanger ending everything is awesome awesome!!
If you never watch this anime i recommended to watch it,

Yeah, they were supposed to have at least one more season, but it never got renewed. It's a shame really. It had so much potential. The soundtrack was pretty nice too. You're definitely right about the unfair amount of unanswered questions.


BBS Signature