Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,548,993 Views
  • 60,111 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rigix
Rigix
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-07 00:29:11 Reply

At 12/4/14 02:28 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 12/4/14 01:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I prefer the original Bleach theme song to the later version. I am not a fan of anime changing theme songs.
I'm the exact opposite of you. I prefer the later Bleach openings than the earlier ones. Some theme songs are great, but if they keep it forever, it'll get boring and repetitive. Of course, they have to change things eventually.

But the first theme was golden.

On the topic of Anime: Has anyone here seen Utawarerumono? If so, is it worth a watch?

Also, I'm new to these forums, so I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting here. If so, I apologize.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-07 02:44:57 Reply

At 12/4/14 02:28 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I'm the exact opposite of you. I prefer the later Bleach openings than the earlier ones. Some theme songs are great, but if they keep it forever, it'll get boring and repetitive. Of course, they have to change things eventually.

I can understand that sometimes it is good to change up a song. However, some anime/shows always keep the same theme.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-09 18:51:03 Reply

Just got done with Shinsekai Yori

I really should've watched it when it was airing because then the suspense of the later episodes would've been even more palpable. Show is great though either way.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-09 21:51:52 Reply

At 12/5/14 06:36 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 12/1/14 07:03 PM, omega88x wrote: I got lucky and found Case Closed episodes 1-9, holy crap it was pretty damn good. I remember watching a couple episodes before like almost 10 years ago. I checked out the series and found out that the show 1st broadcasted in Japan in 1996 and the show is still going.
Case Closed is such a damn fun show but there's way too much of it. 700+ episodes, 19 films, a bunch of OVAs, a whole load of other spinoffs and god knows what else. Some shounen series really go beyond flat out with that shit.

it was the first new centuryyyyyy in one hundred yeeeeaaars

At 12/5/14 05:44 AM, MrApophis wrote: The Boondocks is probably my favorite of them all.
The Boondocks was some top level shit but it's not anime by any stretch

That last season was pretty underwhelming, though. Talk about going out with a whimper.

At 12/5/14 03:49 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Blue Gender is best mecha show.
fight me irl

Marlene laughs at your Rei and Asuka.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
MrApophis
MrApophis
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-09 22:06:27 Reply

Case Closed?! Oh my fuckin god I remember that! I gotta to- uh find a way to buy the dvd set if they got it, I loved that show. RIP classic 2000s Adult swim

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-10 01:14:46 Reply

Will anybody be having an Anime party for New Years Eve? If so, which ones will you be watching?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-11 15:17:34 Reply

At 12/10/14 01:14 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Will anybody be having an Anime party for New Years Eve? If so, which ones will you be watching?

I'll think about it, ever since Crunchyroll starts streaming Ultraman Leo, you can guess where my priority is right now.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-12 20:55:29 Reply

Has anyone here watched Akame ga Kill? It's one of the most popular new anime this year, along with Tokyo Ghoul. I haven't watched Tokyo Ghoul though.

Akame ga Kill was great until they started straying away from the manga. There won't be a second season to it, considering it's going to end at episode 24 with an original anime ending.


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-14 21:16:32 Reply

I finished Hellsing Ultimate and I was disappointed. It was okay, but it could of been so much better.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-14 21:42:11 (edited 2014-12-14 21:48:01) Reply

At 12/14/14 09:16 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I finished Hellsing Ultimate and I was disappointed. It was okay, but it could of been so much better.

I've seen Hellsing Ultimate. I liked it more than the original series.

To me, the only problem was that Alucard is way too OP. There's no point in watching him fight if you know he's just going to own everyone, but that doesn't mean the fights aren't still entertaining.


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Migeru
Migeru
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-17 10:58:14 Reply

I like so much the anime "Parasyte" and Migi is very swaggy :3
My favorite anime is Death Note.
I am new around here in newgrounds forum. I play in NG since 2008 but I registered on forums this year.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-17 19:35:54 Reply

At 12/14/14 09:42 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I've seen Hellsing Ultimate. I liked it more than the original series.

To me, the only problem was that Alucard is way too OP. There's no point in watching him fight if you know he's just going to own everyone,

I totally agree. Sometimes they just make up reasons for him to win a battle.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-18 16:17:47 Reply

At 12/17/14 07:35 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I totally agree. Sometimes they just make up reasons for him to win a battle.

The only ones who put up a decent fight were Anderson and Walter.


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-22 18:12:49 Reply

Did you guys hear about Dragon Ball Xenoverse? Holy shit. I just now found out about it. I hope it doesn't suck

Also, you're wrong, Doc. Hellsing Ultimate is tits.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-22 18:17:55 Reply

At 12/22/14 06:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Also, you're wrong, Doc. Hellsing Ultimate is tits.

I am correct. You are wrong Sense.

I just re watched Akira, and it was still good after all these years.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-22 20:16:19 Reply

At 12/22/14 06:17 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/22/14 06:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Also, you're wrong, Doc. Hellsing Ultimate is tits.
I am correct. You are wrong Sense.

Star of Accepted, Tusk and Waiting. How would Japanese people pronounce his last name? cuz ur


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
JaredinoV2
JaredinoV2
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-24 02:55:31 Reply

Has anyone else seen Desert punk? I literally just finished it a few days ago, and while the ending left me wanting more. I really liked it. I thought it was cool how the tune to the english and japanese openings are the same, with different lyrics.

NewgroundsNation
NewgroundsNation
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-24 03:23:10 Reply

I've put in the work and I think I'm almost there.

I've done hard work and rigor. I've risen through the ranks of the anime club from lowly pleb to nobleman status.

Soon I will reach leadership rank and will be able to destroy this club from the inside out. My security breach will be successful


["If I told you a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?"] [I am Dovahkhiin1994. was big joke]

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-24 23:23:23 Reply

At 12/24/14 02:55 AM, JaredinoV2 wrote: Has anyone else seen Desert punk? I literally just finished it a few days ago, and while the ending left me wanting more. I really liked it. I thought it was cool how the tune to the english and japanese openings are the same, with different lyrics.

I felt the same way after I watched it. Definitely wanting more.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Seasons
Seasons
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-24 23:38:52 Reply

Greetings Anime club members.

I'm here to ask for some recommendations from you guys. I'm quite far from being a fan of anime; my interest in it peaked rather quickly as a teen, and didn't extend very far from whatever I'd find on television.

Having said that, I'm looking for something new to watch. Preferably, I'd like something that I can access online and don't have to buy. Honestly though, I'll take any recommendations you may have into consideration. So if there's anything you'd recommend a newbie like me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The only anime I've really been able to continue enjoying into adulthood is Cowboy Be Bop. I fucking love that shit. Also, I always liked Yu Yu Hakusho -- I just recently finished up rewatching the series online. I can name a dozen other shows, but I've never actually sat down to watch any of them. Instead, I'll leave it up to you guys to recommend me something great.

Thanks and happy holidays.


Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.

BBS Signature
JaredinoV2
JaredinoV2
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-25 20:58:33 Reply

At 12/24/14 11:38 PM, Seasons wrote: Greetings Anime club members.

I'm here to ask for some recommendations from you guys. I'm quite far from being a fan of anime; my interest in it peaked rather quickly as a teen, and didn't extend very far from whatever I'd find on television.

Having said that, I'm looking for something new to watch. Preferably, I'd like something that I can access online and don't have to buy. Honestly though, I'll take any recommendations you may have into consideration. So if there's anything you'd recommend a newbie like me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The only anime I've really been able to continue enjoying into adulthood is Cowboy Be Bop. I fucking love that shit. Also, I always liked Yu Yu Hakusho -- I just recently finished up rewatching the series online. I can name a dozen other shows, but I've never actually sat down to watch any of them. Instead, I'll leave it up to you guys to recommend me something great.

Thanks and happy holidays.

I would recommend Martian succesor nadesico. It takes the idea of the typical robot show and lampshades it to hell. It may not look all that great at first, but once you watch a few episodes you will be hooked. Berzerk is another good one, it's a dark fantasy anime that's gritty and rough.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-27 02:23:36 Reply

At 12/24/14 11:38 PM, Seasons wrote: Greetings Anime club members.

I'll leave it up to you guys to recommend me something great.

You should watch Space Dandy. He is a dandy guy going through outer space in a dandy way.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12