New Topic Respond to this Topic
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-26 00:46:25 Reply

Without giving away any spoilers, at least one member of the One Piece crew leave the crew at some point.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-26 12:13:56 Reply

@Oolaph

I just wasted so much fucking bandwidth this better be amazing

Anime Club

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-26 13:31:05 Reply

At 11/26/14 12:13 PM, Jackho wrote: I just wasted so much fucking bandwidth this better be amazing

You could've grabbed it in chunks y'know, I did it a season at a time.

Hope you like it though, if you're not completely enthralled with this show by episode 15 I think you might officially have shit taste forever.

BBS Signature
ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-26 15:09:09 Reply

Hey guys how do i become like Naruto?

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-26 15:18:34 Reply

At 11/26/14 03:09 PM, ManDeep wrote: Hey guys how do i become like Naruto?

Easy, just mix every detergent you have and pour some into a cup.

After that, you drink it.

That's exactly how it felt for me when it comes to the storyline in the second half of the series which is why I dropped it several times as it constantly tries to make every villains sympathetic.

I'm glad that's over with though the sequel/spinoff will be up next year.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-27 15:19:08 Reply

Wear a forehead protector, dye your hair blond, and love ramen.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-29 23:12:43 Reply

It's probably for the best that you don't. Though if you must, try to act all ninja-like wearing something that is totally visible from space and yell random things that end in "no jutsu". To be fair, the ninja stereotype of them wearing black was more based on kabuki theater back in the 1700's or so, and that has pretty much stuck ever since, and considering how broad the net is on what is considered ninja nowadays, it's to be expected from Naruto to follow suit.

Also, I honestly don't know too many anime that actually does the ninja warrior down to a T, historically speaking. Alas, if I was going to expect that from a medium that loves to use tropes like "rule of cool" and "willing suspension of disbelief" for all it's worth, then I'm obviously looking in all the wrong places.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-30 06:01:40 Reply

Watched the first 9 episodes of Kill la Kill.

It's not Gurren Lagann, but it's pretty cool so far. I like the bits where the under age girls' clothes fall off.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-11-30 22:58:15 Reply

At 11/30/14 06:01 AM, TheMaster wrote: Watched the first 9 episodes of Kill la Kill.

It's not Gurren Lagann, but it's pretty cool so far. I like the bits where the under age girls' clothes fall off.

Ya know in many places 17 is a fine age for womanhood!

Anime Club

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-01 01:46:32 Reply

I watched all of Soul Eater again. I hate when great shows are ruined by the last few episodes.

NewgroundsNation
NewgroundsNation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-01 06:41:13 Reply

Can I join the Anime Club even though I hate anime?

Think of it as a security breach.

["If I told you a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?"] [I am Dovahkhiin1994. was big joke]

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-01 12:26:36 Reply

At 11/30/14 10:58 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 11/30/14 06:01 AM, TheMaster wrote: Watched the first 9 episodes of Kill la Kill.

Ya know in many places 17 is a fine age for womanhood!

This is who voiced her.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
FlashNinjitsu
FlashNinjitsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-01 14:31:20 Reply

This is who voiced her.

All I can say is thank you buddy, I needed that.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-01 14:37:51 Reply

At 12/1/14 02:31 PM, FlashNinjitsu wrote:
This is who voiced her.
All I can say is thank you buddy, I needed that.

She used to appear in 1990s Japanese slasher films where her purpose was to provide fan service before being murdered. It was 1996 where she got into voice acting gig.

With that, her role as Satsuki fits though her character for her I recognize the most is Ino.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
omega88x
omega88x
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-01 19:03:47 Reply

I got lucky and found Case Closed episodes 1-9, holy crap it was pretty damn good. I remember watching a couple episodes before like almost 10 years ago. I checked out the series and found out that the show 1st broadcasted in Japan in 1996 and the show is still going.

NewgroundsNation
NewgroundsNation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-02 00:48:56 (edited 2014-12-02 00:49:19) Reply

At 12/2/14 12:43 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/1/14 06:41 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote: Can I join the Anime Club even though I hate anime?

Think of it as a security breach.
Why would you want to join a club of something that you hate?

To ascend from pleb status and make a name for myself and rise through the hierarchy of Anime Club elites, infiltrating and eventually obliterating the Club from inside out.

["If I told you a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?"] [I am Dovahkhiin1994. was big joke]

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-02 00:57:41 Reply

At 12/2/14 12:48 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote:

To ascend from pleb status and make a name for myself and rise through the hierarchy of Anime Club elites, infiltrating and eventually obliterating the Club from inside out.

It wasn't much of club as it have become more of a discussion thread.

I wasn't even a member myself, just that I would pop up for a conversation on several occasions.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-02 16:32:48 Reply

Finished off Kill la Kill.

Fun show. Ends stronger than it started, and only had one fist in the air, screaming at the TV moment in it (Ryuko and Satsuki teaming up for the first time, where it goes into split screen for the transformations) while Gurren Lagann had one every 30 seconds or so, but I still really enjoyed it.

Lacks strong villains. Once Satsuki and the Elite Four join Ryuko there's nothing left for the rest of the show, because Harime and Ragyo are both a bit shit. Still glad they did the whole "face turn" thing, though. Works really well in Gurren Lagann with Viral and Lordgenome fighting alongside the heroes at the end, and it's just as cool here, if not cooler here.

I can also now confirm, having analysed the show with a team of scientists, that Satsuki is the best girl.

BBS Signature
Bmwd
Bmwd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-02 17:53:48 Reply

Favorite animes are Dragonball series, One Piece, Boondocks, (It's not really related to Japanese culture but what the hell) Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and Beyblade.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-03 00:27:36 Reply

At 12/2/14 04:32 PM, TheMaster wrote: I can also now confirm, having analysed the show with a team of scientists, that Satsuki is the best girl.

Anime Club

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-03 17:07:54 Reply

My favourite part of Kill la Kill was actually listening to the lyrics of the "don't lose your way" song because I couldn't stop laughing for a good 10 minutes at the "this is the way to be more strong" line.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-03 18:09:03 Reply

At 12/2/14 04:32 PM, TheMaster wrote: Finished off Kill la Kill.

Fun show. Ends stronger than it started, and only had one fist in the air, screaming at the TV moment in it (Ryuko and Satsuki teaming up for the first time, where it goes into split screen for the transformations) while Gurren Lagann had one every 30 seconds or so, but I still really enjoyed it.

I haven't seen Kill La Kill, but I'm in the middle of Gurren Lagann and I'm not liking it nearly as much as you did. I think it's decent, but not exactly A+ grade anime. The director also made Dead Leaves, which I found more entertaining and its run time is more appropriate for what it is.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-04 00:01:58 Reply

At 12/3/14 06:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

I haven't seen Kill La Kill, but I'm in the middle of Gurren Lagann and I'm not liking it nearly as much as you did. I think it's decent, but not exactly A+ grade anime. The director also made Dead Leaves, which I found more entertaining and its run time is more appropriate for what it is.

Wait until the second half, it gets better.

Kamina fan boys missed out a lot when they stopped watching after episode 8.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-04 01:00:27 Reply

I prefer the original Bleach theme song to the later version. I am not a fan of anime changing theme songs.

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-04 14:28:56 Reply

At 12/4/14 01:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I prefer the original Bleach theme song to the later version. I am not a fan of anime changing theme songs.

I'm the exact opposite of you. I prefer the later Bleach openings than the earlier ones. Some theme songs are great, but if they keep it forever, it'll get boring and repetitive. Of course, they have to change things eventually.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-04 15:38:47 Reply

At 12/3/14 06:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I haven't seen Kill La Kill, but I'm in the middle of Gurren Lagann and I'm not liking it nearly as much as you did. I think it's decent, but not exactly A+ grade anime. The director also made Dead Leaves, which I found more entertaining and its run time is more appropriate for what it is.

But it's literally perfect.

It's everything I want out of any sort of media. Flawless from start to finish.

It even accomplishes something few shows do, in that it lasts exactly as long as it should. I loved every minute of it, and when it was over I was totally content. Didn't want to see any more, that was enough. Whereas something like Kill la Kill I enjoyed less while watching, but wanted to see more of once it was done. Struggling to think of much else that manages it. Babylon 5 does if you ignore the shitty spin-off films and pretend it ended with Sleeping in Light, but can't think of any other ongoing series that do.

Guess I'm just a sucker for shameless macho nonsense. The whole theme of overcoming everything through sheer stubbornness really works for me. The entire show basically boils down to a series of encounters where a bad guy says "You can't do that thing because <sensible reasons>" and the heroes go "fuck you we don't care have some drills" and win anyway.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-05 03:49:22 Reply

At 12/4/14 03:38 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 12/3/14 06:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I haven't seen Kill La Kill, but I'm in the middle of Gurren Lagann and I'm not liking it nearly as much as you did. I think it's decent, but not exactly A+ grade anime. The director also made Dead Leaves, which I found more entertaining and its run time is more appropriate for what it is.
But it's literally perfect.

I don't think it's bad, just pretty good. I think I'd give it a solid 7 at this point, which on my list would place it next to the likes of R.O.D, Desert Punk, etc.

It even accomplishes something few shows do, in that it lasts exactly as long as it should. I loved every minute of it, and when it was over I was totally content.

Lots of anime lasts just long enough without dragging. Actually, it's especially common with anime outside of those boring 100+ episode shonen. Most of my favorite anime series are 20 something or fewer. British shows seem to be the opposite where there should have been more.

Guess I'm just a sucker for shameless macho nonsense.

Me too. I mean Undisputed 2 and 3 are among my favorite movies of all time and probably approaching being among my most watched (though not there yet). If those aren't macho nonsense I don't know what is. To each their own, man. I just don't see how TTGL is THAT great. I'm liking it fine, though. It would be cool if they made a video game. Speaking of which, Soul Eater could be a pretty sweet fighting game. Also, you should check out Dead Leaves and possibly Redline. They have that over the top craziness. Also Blue Gender cuz Blue Gender is best mecha show.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
MrApophis
MrApophis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-05 05:44:00 Reply

At 12/2/14 05:53 PM, Bmwd wrote: Favorite animes are Dragonball series, One Piece, Boondocks, (It's not really related to Japanese culture but what the hell) Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and Beyblade.

Even if they're the most famous and a bit old by this point, they're still very decent. I would give up 10 years of my life to experience the joy I got watching DBZ with my family back in the 90s ~ early 2000s. Same with the original Yugioh and Digimon.

The Boondocks is probably my favorite of them all.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-05 06:36:19 Reply

At 12/1/14 07:03 PM, omega88x wrote: I got lucky and found Case Closed episodes 1-9, holy crap it was pretty damn good. I remember watching a couple episodes before like almost 10 years ago. I checked out the series and found out that the show 1st broadcasted in Japan in 1996 and the show is still going.

Case Closed is such a damn fun show but there's way too much of it. 700+ episodes, 19 films, a bunch of OVAs, a whole load of other spinoffs and god knows what else. Some shounen series really go beyond flat out with that shit.

At 12/5/14 05:44 AM, MrApophis wrote: The Boondocks is probably my favorite of them all.

The Boondocks was some top level shit but it's not anime by any stretch

At 12/5/14 03:49 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Blue Gender is best mecha show.

fight me irl

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2014-12-07 00:01:03 Reply

At 12/3/14 12:27 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 12/2/14 04:32 PM, TheMaster wrote: I can also now confirm, having analysed the show with a team of scientists, that Satsuki is the best girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07ugR9edds

The Prime Minister of Australia disagrees.