New Topic Respond to this Topic
Migeru
Migeru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-23 17:59:42 Reply

I was watching Selector Infected WIXOSS.
Pretty good.
I'm hooked with that anime...
You should watch it too.

Anime Club

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-23 19:57:58 Reply

At 7/23/15 05:59 PM, Migeru wrote: I was watching Selector Infected WIXOSS.
Pretty good.
I'm hooked with that anime...
You should watch it too.

Can you tell us why we should watch it? Do you have a link?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Cubone
Cubone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-24 11:10:17 Reply

i just recently finished the first two episodes of Ushio & Tora and it's really good, the show has a lot of heart and reminds me of what i liked about shounen. the source material is from the early 90s so it has that throwback aesthetic and vibe going on as well if you're into that kind of stuff

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-24 20:01:13 Reply

At 7/23/15 12:34 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 7/22/15 03:10 AM, HeroKuun wrote:
Trinity Blood?
No, that wasnt it. I actually just found it, its called Owari No Seraph for those curious. Thanks anyway tho

Is it worth watching? I might consider that my next anime to watch.

Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 01:36:21 Reply

At 7/24/15 08:01 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/23/15 12:34 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 7/22/15 03:10 AM, HeroKuun wrote:
Trinity Blood?
No, that wasnt it. I actually just found it, its called Owari No Seraph for those curious. Thanks anyway tho
Is it worth watching? I might consider that my next anime to watch.

I'd definitely say so. I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but im already hooked. If you like seeing vampires get killed in awesome ways, then you'll love this. Main character comes off as a bit of an ass, but its somewhat justified, as you'll see in the first episode

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 09:09:13 Reply

At 7/25/15 01:36 AM, Lionelion wrote:
I'd definitely say so. I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but im already hooked. If you like seeing vampires get killed in awesome ways, then you'll love this. Main character comes off as a bit of an ass, but its somewhat justified, as you'll see in the first episode

An anime with vampires? As long as it's not shitty romance with vampires, like Rosario + Vampire or Diabolik Lovers, I might enjoy it.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 14:47:50 Reply

At 7/25/15 09:09 AM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/25/15 01:36 AM, Lionelion wrote:
An anime with vampires? As long as it's not shitty romance with vampires, like Rosario + Vampire or Diabolik Lovers, I might enjoy it.

Rosario + Vampires is actually better as a manga, but Gonzo blew this one however despite having a good voice cast and the fact that the source material is well ahead.

Problem is that they butchered it just so they can keep the fluff from the early chapters of the series. The second series is even worse.

At least the OP and ED themes are good.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 15:13:25 Reply

At 7/25/15 09:09 AM, Vinnyy wrote:

As far as I know, not at all. Its pure action

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 21:49:30 Reply

Toonami tonight better be good. I need some good anime tonight.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 22:02:24 Reply

At 7/25/15 09:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami tonight better be good. I need some good anime tonight.

Or you could just hit up crunchyrolls, fifth season of Teekyuu is on.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
nick251
nick251
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-26 01:12:20 Reply

I've been kinda wondering on what action/adventure anime's that would be good as well as good streaming websites, it doesn't matter in length of the anime I'm just really bored, anyone got any suggestions?

Igyzone
Igyzone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-26 07:05:37 Reply

Hey there guys and gals!

I'm not nearly an otaku (as I wish to be), but I need your help finding the name of an anime.
Here are the details

BBS Signature
Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-26 20:42:37 (edited 2015-07-26 20:48:14) Reply

At 7/25/15 09:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami tonight better be good. I need some good anime tonight.

I haven't watched Toonami in ages. How is it? Do they still show some good anime like they used to?

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-27 23:19:52 Reply

I have been wondering for a while now ever since reading Himouto manga, does Taihei have an Oedipus Complex? I mean couple chapters have shown some glimpses of Taihei and Umaru's mom and she looked just like that spoiled size shifting hamster girl but fully grown.

Do you think Umaru was spoiled because she happens to look just like their mother?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-27 23:47:54 Reply

At 7/26/15 08:42 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I haven't watched Toonami in ages. How is it? Do they still show some good anime like they used to?

I just watched Toonami last Saturday night, and I thought it was alright. Don't really care for DBZ Kai, Kill la Kill was fun, though definitely doesn't live up to the ungodly amount of hype it got. {anyone who really thought that KLK was "saving" anime needs is a moron} Michiko and Hatchin is something I've never heard of before, so it might be worth a look and SAO II is just as polarizing as the first one, and I'll leave it at that. What I heard is that Akame ga kill is going to replace KLK on August 8th, so yeah.

Segueing from gateway anime here to something that isn't, I haven't heard of Legend of the Galactic Heroes before, but it got near universal positive reviews from what I read, has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Cubone
Cubone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-28 00:45:12 Reply

At 7/27/15 11:19 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I have been wondering for a while now ever since reading Himouto manga, does Taihei have an Oedipus Complex? I mean couple chapters have shown some glimpses of Taihei and Umaru's mom and she looked just like that spoiled size shifting hamster girl but fully grown.

Do you think Umaru was spoiled because she happens to look just like their mother?

no idea as i haven't even touched the manga but you're making me interested for whats to come

At 7/27/15 11:47 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Segueing from gateway anime here to something that isn't, I haven't heard of Legend of the Galactic Heroes before, but it got near universal positive reviews from what I read, has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.

i've heard of legend of the galactic heroes and the praises people have sung for it, as a matter of fact i actually have 44gb of episodes just sitting on my external hard drive but tackling a 110 episode series is a daunting task. let us know your initial reactions if you start watching

also if anyone is itching to start a manga give uwagaki a shot, it's short, sweet and it'll make your heart go doki doki suru

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-30 18:13:39 Reply

At 7/26/15 08:42 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
I haven't watched Toonami in ages. How is it? Do they still show some good anime like they used to?

They have good times and bad times. They finally ended Bleach, and now show Sword Art Online 2.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2015-07-31 01:10:06 Reply

At 7/27/15 11:47 PM, orangebomb wrote: has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.

It's good, it's slow at times but for a 110 episode anime it's pacing is fine.

Probably one of the best produced shows of all time if not the best and it's easily worth the watching all of it.