Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,437,311 Views
  • 61,443 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:07 PM Reply

I don't see the Anime Club on a typical day but I would advise to cut down with all the bullshit picture spamming or bans will be handed out. I'm sure you all can have a civil conversation without having to post random images.


[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:17 PM Reply

we actually just kinda discussed that. it should be pretty well settled now ^.^


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:19 PM Reply

I'm not much of an anime watcher, but I'd like to congratulate this thread on reaching 2,000 pages, quite the mile stone.

To keep it relevent, what anime should I watch;
Afro Samurai
Afro Samurai: Ressurection
Gurren Lagann
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Tokko
Ghost in the Shell 2.0
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man
Straight Jacket
Eureka Seven

It's just the stuff on my Netflix, and I've heard of the Ghost in the Shell and Afro Samurai, I figure at least one must be good.


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 02:19 PM, iMini wrote: I'm not much of an anime watcher, but I'd like to congratulate this thread on reaching 2,000 pages, quite the mile stone.

To keep it relevent, what anime should I watch;
Afro Samurai
Afro Samurai: Ressurection
Gurren Lagann
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Tokko
Ghost in the Shell 2.0

: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man
Straight Jacket
Eureka Seven

It's just the stuff on my Netflix, and I've heard of the Ghost in the Shell and Afro Samurai, I figure at least one must be good.

This one for sure. "the laughing man" is just a cut up version of the series and you lose some stuff and from what i've read in review they even went and changed the voices. and 2.0 is the second movie you need to watch the first movie before this. the movies and "Stand Alone Complex" are different universes (same characters though) so you don't have to worry about which you need to watch first. But I recommend "Stand Alone Complex" above all else.


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 02:19 PM, iMini wrote: To keep it relevent, what anime should I watch;
Gurren Lagann
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Ghost in the Shell 2.0
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man
Eureka Seven

Out of your list, these are the best. My personal favorite being GITS.

LoGH has scored another point for me with Overture. It was brilliant, and I'm very eager to watch the main series.

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 02:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: I don't see the Anime Club on a typical day but I would advise to cut down with all the bullshit picture spamming or bans will be handed out. I'm sure you all can have a civil conversation without having to post random images.

oh fuck its the 5-0 ruining are fun shit anyway warbrain I bet you can recommend me/discuss some good yuri/gender-switch/incest anime


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 02:41 PM, tsukikomi wrote:
At 2/4/12 02:07 PM, Bahamut wrote: I don't see the Anime Club on a typical day but I would advise to cut down with all the bullshit picture spamming or bans will be handed out. I'm sure you all can have a civil conversation without having to post random images.
oh fuck its the 5-0 ruining are fun shit anyway warbrain I bet you can recommend me/discuss some good yuri/gender-switch/incest anime

hmmmm i can't think of any that have all of those... When I here incest the first anime I think of "Kiss X Sis". There's a little yuri twincest in one of the ovas too. It's pretty good even if you aren't in it for it's complete boner inducing hotness. Not a single nipple is shown but still it manages to be the closest to hentai I've seen and still manage to be enjoyable in other ways. The only gender switch anime I actually like is MayoChiki! so if you haven't seen that one, you really should. As for yuri, I guess i'll recommend yuruyuri or strike witches.... damn, I can't really think of any with girls that are older and really yuruyuri isn't at that high a level of perverseness like strike witches. but i think it's quite a bit funnier and more worth your time.


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 02:56 PM, Warbrain wrote: i can't think of any that have all of those When I here incest the first anime I think of "Kiss X Sis". There's a little yuri twincest in one of the ovas too. The only gender switch anime I actually like is MayoChiki! so if you haven't seen that one, you really should. As for yuri, i'll recommend yuruyuri or strike witches. but i think it's quite a bit funnier and more worth your time.

I wonder why I didn't watch mayo chiki last fall and I already seen the others you mention


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 03:58 PM Reply

and gantz is the most boarderline anime (2nd yosunga no sora then kissXsis) and idc if a yuri series have lolicon in it


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 03:58 PM, tsukikomi wrote: and gantz is the most boarderline anime (2nd yosunga no sora then kissXsis) and idc if a yuri series have lolicon in it

well then you should check out yuruyuri. it's kinda tame but still really funny. and i'm pretty sure there's not a single guy character. i mean it's an all girls middle school they go to. and maybe bakemonogatari if you want some sexual harassment of a loli :D


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 03:58 PM, tsukikomi wrote: and gantz is the most boarderline anime

I thought the random sex scene was really pointless and narmy.

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 04:07 PM, Warbrain wrote:
At 2/4/12 03:58 PM, tsukikomi wrote: and gantz is the most boarderline anime (2nd yosunga no sora then kissXsis) and idc if a yuri series have lolicon in it
well then you should check out yuruyuri. it's kinda tame but still really funny. and i'm pretty sure there's not a single guy character. i mean it's an all girls middle school they go to. and maybe bakemonogatari if you want some sexual harassment of a loli :D

even though yuru yuri doesn't have yuri untill the last episode bakemonogatari/nisemonogatari does have some boring part and I think it was unecessary for it to have a sequal


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

kashimashi girl meets girl is the best yuri series out there


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 07:09 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 06:26 PM, tsukikomi wrote:
At 2/4/12 04:07 PM, Warbrain wrote:
At 2/4/12 03:58 PM, tsukikomi wrote: and gantz is the most boarderline anime (2nd yosunga no sora then kissXsis) and idc if a yuri series have lolicon in it
well then you should check out yuruyuri. it's kinda tame but still really funny. and i'm pretty sure there's not a single guy character. i mean it's an all girls middle school they go to. and maybe bakemonogatari if you want some sexual harassment of a loli :D
even though yuru yuri doesn't have yuri untill the last episode bakemonogatari/nisemonogatari does have some boring part and I think it was unecessary for it to have a sequal

well i for one enjoy it. i really love how the dialog is written and i love every one of the characters. and i'm rather enjoying nisemonogatari and can't wait for the prequel movie that's supposed to come out. though, to be honest, i haven't really been paying that close of attention to that one. so, for all i know, it could be out already.

on a similar note, when does the K-on! movie come out on BD?


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 07:09 PM, Warbrain wrote: on a similar note, when does the K-on! movie come out on BD?

Judging from how long it usually takes for them to come out on discs, youre going to be waiting a loooooong time.

Onett
Onett
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM Reply

Someone bringing up Kashimashi saying it's the greatest yuri series ever? Sure is 2007 in here. I still need to watch that, though.

Nisemonogatari is easily the best of the winter lineup. The whole show is made of characters using play on words and totally fucking with the audience in anyway possible. It's the sort of unorthodox craft that can make a show so compelling, despite how much of a pretentious wreck it can come off as.

At 2/4/12 06:39 AM, BumFodder wrote:

Its not acceptable to post how you are, so get out.

Despite how blunt he was. His post was pretty warranted. Frankly, you deserve zero courtesy.


BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 07:09 PM, Warbrain wrote:
well i for one enjoy it. i really love how the dialog is written and i love every one of the characters. and i'm rather enjoying nisemonogatari and can't wait for the prequel movie that's supposed to come out. though, to be honest, i haven't really been paying that close of attention to that one. so, for all i know, it could be out already.

I do like the show but I don't think the show needed a sequal and maria holic, sora no otoshimono, kampfer, and initial d does


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
MrMeD
MrMeD
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 08:55 PM, Mendou wrote: Nisemonogatari is easily the best of the winter lineup. The whole show is made of characters using play on words and totally fucking with the audience in anyway possible. It's the sort of unorthodox craft that can make a show so compelling, despite how much of a pretentious wreck it can come off as.

The dialogue and humor are good, but the fanservice just got so ridiculous I dropped it.
I'll probably just pick it up one day another time after I've grown to tolerate it better.

Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 09:27 PM, MrMeD wrote:
At 2/4/12 08:55 PM, Mendou wrote:

The dialogue and humor are good, but the fanservice just got so ridiculous I dropped it.
I'll probably just pick it up one day another time after I've grown to tolerate it better.

well i actually like fan service of that sort. i kinda see what you mean though. it is a bit heavier in the new season. I wonder If he'll be adding more girls to his secret harem... I mean his sisters don't really count and so far there have been no new female characters :/


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 10:13 PM Reply

shits going down in nisemonogatari now


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 09:00 PM, BumFodder wrote: Okay then.

Trust me, he's like this all the time, don't let him under your skin.

As for Kashimashi, I would say that it's the best yuri anime out there, even though I'm not too familiar with the shojo-ai genre I would obviously recommend the watching the TV version first. I've been busy with other stuff recently, so I couldn't enjoy all of the anime that I wanted to see, but I think I've found some decent ones.

Usagi Drop: I'm going to be honest, I'm generally not into any of the cutesy slice of life anime. But this one, I'll gladly make an exception. For those who don't know, it's basically a story about a bachelor who raises his grandfather's illegitiame kid, and then it goes on from there. This is a pretty heartwarming series with excellent character development and a nice change of pace compared to all of the excessive blood and fanservice anime that's out there.

Sengoku Basara: Honestly, I simply took a flyer on this anime, thinking it was going to be a adaptation off of a videogame series that I've never heard of {which it is BTW}, and I got a kick out it. Is it anything special or revolutionary? No, but it's action packed, and so over the top with the characters and animation, that it would give Gurren Laggan a run for it's money for overall craziness.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: I won't mince words here, it's a fanservice anime to the max. Really more than a very guilty pleasure more than anything else, but as guilty pleasures go, it's not half-bad.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 09:27 PM, MrMeD wrote: The dialogue and humor are good, but the fanservice just got so ridiculous I dropped it.
I'll probably just pick it up one day another time after I've grown to tolerate it better.

It's just faithful, most of the fanservice is actually written into the novels.

Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 10:14 PM, orangebomb wrote:

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: I won't mince words here, it's a fanservice anime to the max. Really more than a very guilty pleasure more than anything else, but as guilty pleasures go, it's not half-bad.

yeah, it has quite a bit but still more tame than i thought it was going to be. but it does have references to like every really popular anime from haruhi to eva to oreimo.


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
MrMeD
MrMeD
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 10:49 PM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 2/4/12 09:27 PM, MrMeD wrote: The dialogue and humor are good, but the fanservice just got so ridiculous I dropped it.
I'll probably just pick it up one day another time after I've grown to tolerate it better.
It's just faithful, most of the fanservice is actually written into the novels.

I'm aware of that, I just thought I'd be able to tolerate it.
Oh well, I've got other stuff to watch this season anyway.

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 11:21 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 10:55 PM, Warbrain wrote:
yeah, it has quite a bit but still more tame than i thought it was going to be. but it does have references to like every really popular anime from haruhi to eva to oreimo.

I didn't notice there was references in that show and this show reminds me of mm


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 2/4/12 11:21 PM, tsukikomi wrote:
At 2/4/12 10:55 PM, Warbrain wrote:
yeah, it has quite a bit but still more tame than i thought it was going to be. but it does have references to like every really popular anime from haruhi to eva to oreimo.
I didn't notice there was references in that show and this show reminds me of mm

well one of the characters said, about the guy's sister. "there's no way your little sister can be this cute" then there was this

Anime Club


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Artist
Response to Anime Club Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 04:16 AM Reply

Waitin' on dat Keion movie.


[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 07:20 AM Reply

At 2/5/12 04:16 AM, Sevkat wrote: Waitin' on dat Keion movie.

Youre going to be waiting quite a while since the bluray release is always months later.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Artist
Response to Anime Club Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 09:56 PM Reply

At 2/5/12 07:20 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 2/5/12 04:16 AM, Sevkat wrote: Waitin' on dat Keion movie.
Youre going to be waiting quite a while since the bluray release is always months later.

Fodderbaka, it won't be that long.


[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 11:42 PM Reply

I heard a while back that it might be march but just seems a bit too soon to me. I'd love it if that were the case but I doubt it.


We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature