kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 10:44 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 7/9/13 07:37 PM, kakalxlax wrote: it wasnt so hard, wasnt it?
The point I was making is that people already know about torrents genius they just don't talk about them because it's against the rules. Weed talk on NG is not at all comparable because no one is selling or otherwise dealing it over newgrounds. Discussing illegal activity is a no no regardless of whether it 'harms' anyone.

talking about torrents without going into specifics isnt dealing either. and torrents aren't illegal per se, just torrents that share copyrighted content are

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 11:07 PM, kakalxlax wrote: talking about torrents without going into specifics isnt dealing either. and torrents aren't illegal per se, just torrents that share copyrighted content are

Like BBM said, as long as you don't link to them here it's not an issue but it's when people assume that no one else knows about them that they end up linking torrents and then this has to be explained in the thread for the hundredth time.

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 7/6/13 10:22 PM, Shade wrote:
I can't believe I'm doing this
I've been watching Samurai 7 and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend something similar, preferably with samurai in it and plenty of over the top swordfighting.

Hate to bump my question, but it remains unanswered.

towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 7/9/13 11:47 PM, Shade wrote:
I've been watching Samurai 7 and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend something similar, preferably with samurai in it and plenty of over the top swordfighting.

Just watch the inspiration for the anime: the Seven Samurai, a movie by Akira Kurosawa. Film's a classic and definitely worth watching, although it's not over-the-top.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 01:01 AM Reply

Afro Samurai, Berserk, Ninja Scroll, Shigurui

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 7/10/13 01:01 AM, DeIirium wrote:
Afro Samurai, Berserk, Ninja Scroll, Shigurui

Excellent, I'll be sure to check those out.

At 7/10/13 12:16 AM, towelie101 wrote:
Just watch the inspiration for the anime: the Seven Samurai, a movie by Akira Kurosawa. Film's a classic and definitely worth watching, although it's not over-the-top.

I have the special edition DVD which is what got me watching Samurai 7.

Now I think I'll go watch it again, Toshiro Mifune is awesome.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 04:49 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 7/9/13 04:34 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

But, of course, those of us who take any mind altering substances are inferior creatures, right?
exactly, only inferior things need to be altered

My penis. Perhaps you would place your lips around it.

Anime Club

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 02:20 PM Reply

I've never seen an anime where the characters get high at some point. Is there any?

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 7/10/13 01:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/9/13 04:49 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 7/9/13 04:34 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

But, of course, those of us who take any mind altering substances are inferior creatures, right?
exactly, only inferior things need to be altered
My penis. Perhaps you would place your lips around it.

i agree, your penis is inferior

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 7/10/13 02:20 PM, Jackho wrote: I've never seen an anime where the characters get high at some point. Is there any?

There's an episode of Detective Conan where a bunch of people smoke marijuana, which results them in going insane and killing eachother.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 7/10/13 03:50 PM, DeIirium wrote:
At 7/10/13 02:20 PM, Jackho wrote: I've never seen an anime where the characters get high at some point. Is there any?
There's an episode of Detective Conan where a bunch of people smoke marijuana, which results them in going insane and killing eachother.

That's amazing. I got volume 1 of the conan manga while ago and it was awesome but I was put off by how huge both the anime and manga series have gotten. Might watch a few of the films or something.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

Commence sucking.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 7/10/13 05:18 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Commence sucking.

You'd have to climb down from that high horse first, of course.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 09:55 PM Reply

I've found myself a funny new hobby: reading the discussion boards for Free!
All dat homophobia and hypocrisy. It's hilarious I tell ya.

BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 10:36 PM Reply

At 7/10/13 09:55 PM, PWJP wrote: I've found myself a funny new hobby: reading the discussion boards for Free!
All dat homophobia and hypocrisy. It's hilarious I tell ya.

Kyo Ani always finds a way to make anything a hit, they are too good. Eventually they will be one over and get over their fear of shows not about cute girl main characters.

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
kirbmanboggle2
kirbmanboggle2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2013 @ 09:58 AM Reply

can i join...pweeze?

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2013 @ 12:31 PM Reply

Just watched Benzaie and Spoony do a live review of a hentai adventure game, it was fucking hilarious.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2013 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 7/14/13 12:31 PM, DeIirium wrote: Just watched Benzaie and Spoony do a live review of a hentai adventure game, it was fucking hilarious.

Oh god. I must watch this immediately. Thanks for the heads up.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2013 @ 08:55 PM Reply

I watched Tokyo godfathers on another roll of the dice. Aaaaaaaand I liked it. So yeah. You should totally watch it, it's on Netflix.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2013 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 7/14/13 04:31 PM, PWJP wrote:
At 7/14/13 12:31 PM, DeIirium wrote: Just watched Benzaie and Spoony do a live review of a hentai adventure game, it was fucking hilarious.
Oh god. I must watch this immediately. Thanks for the heads up.

you cant because it was live lol, unless they upload it somewhere

Haith92
Haith92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 05:20 AM Reply

well i like anime but more of an artist so i dont mind contributing

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

aw, am i at the endgame of persona 4? Plz tell me the killer gets away and there's another dungeon, I dont want it to end. I haven't even hung out with Naoto, and im only 2 ranks away from maxing out Kanji's social link.
Im in the heaven dungeon right now.

If I beat Persona 4 my life will be empty again :(

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 7/15/13 03:37 PM, sweet21 wrote: aw, am i at the endgame of persona 4? Plz tell me the killer gets away and there's another dungeon, I dont want it to end. I haven't even hung out with Naoto, and im only 2 ranks away from maxing out Kanji's social link.
Im in the heaven dungeon right now.

There's two more dungeons if you're going for true end. The first one is unlocked if you continue the investigation and don't pin all the crimes on Narutame.

Heaven has the best fucking music of the game, right above Void Quest (?), for me.
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 7/15/13 06:16 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 7/15/13 03:37 PM, sweet21 wrote: aw, am i at the endgame of persona 4? Plz tell me the killer gets away and there's another dungeon, I dont want it to end. I haven't even hung out with Naoto...

Wait, so you haven't begun her link yet? You should be able to once she has recovered, but you still need max intelligence or whatever to initiate it.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 09:19 PM Reply

At 7/15/13 06:22 PM, towelie101 wrote: Wait, so you haven't begun her link yet? You should be able to once she has recovered, but you still need max intelligence or whatever to initiate it.

I had max intelligence, I got some "White key" from an agent im suppose to give to Naoto, but I just get prompted to ask her out.

And that other guy telling me about the true ending, im already against Namatame, he turned into a shadow, he SHOULD have had a persona. Which means the real Namatame escaped or something. Or maybe he was a puppet. I dunno, but it doesn't seem right.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 15th, 2013 @ 09:51 PM Reply

At 7/15/13 09:19 PM, sweet21 wrote: And that other guy telling me about the true ending, im already against Namatame, he turned into a shadow, he SHOULD have had a persona. Which means the real Namatame escaped or something. Or maybe he was a puppet. I dunno, but it doesn't seem right.

[spoiler]there is no other guy because i just double posted[/spoiler]

Nope, the shadow is the real Namatame. Once you beat the boss, he'll return to normal and be confined in a hospital until you confront him later on.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 16th, 2013 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 7/15/13 09:51 PM, towelie101 wrote: Nope, the shadow is the real Namatame. Once you beat the boss, he'll return to normal and be confined in a hospital until you confront him later on.

Holy fuck that hospital scene was the most convoluted progression stilt ever. Christ. It was all trial and error, but I got everyone to lay off Namatame after like 10 attempts. I wasn't satisfied with the ending at all, there was so much left unexplained. As it turns out fucking up even 1 dialogue line sends you straight to the bad ending. After that whole mess we found the real killer, I am now searching for him in the T.V. world. What was it, neo Inaba? Eh. Im just glad theres more game to play.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
chewy368249
chewy368249
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 04:00 PM Reply

well if anybody wants to talke then im here i just started watching attack on titan and i love it

ayaya is what the mexican says

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 18th, 2013 @ 10:45 PM Reply

Holy crabapples, I just beat Persona 4 Golden and got the true ending. Man this game was the melody to life for the past few weeks. Now it's over and I feel empty inside. It was sooooooo good.
Final playtime: 87 hours.

I maxed out all social links with Kou & Daisuke, Yumi, Yukiko, Yosuke, Kanji, Teddy, and Chie who was my girlfriend. I came close with Marie and Nanako, both with 9. All party members I mentioned I maxxed social links with also got their persona transformed a third time, which was good since that final boss would have been much harder.
Now I have a greater appreciation for Persona 4 Arena.

Anyway, I bought a Vita for and ONLY for Persona 4 Golden. I came for Persona, so lets see what will make me stay. In my quest to beat every Final Fantasy game the Vita will help out alot, 3, and 4 are on the Vita, and I just saw a review of 4, I think FF4 complete will be my next JRPG but...maybe later, im suffering RPG burnout, I need to play....something else to take my mind off it.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 19th, 2013 @ 09:45 AM Reply

At 7/18/13 10:45 PM, sweet21 wrote: Holy crabapples, I just beat Persona 4 Golden and got the true ending. Man this game was the melody to life for the past few weeks. Now it's over and I feel empty inside. It was sooooooo good.
Final playtime: 87 hours.

My first playthrough lasted a little more than that at about 94 hours, but P3P took the same amount of time as yours did. How complete is your compendium, btw? I got mine to ~75%, and then got it to 99% with the second cycle.

Burnout's a natural feeling after you've followed such a great cast of characters for that damn long; my FeMC playthrough of Persona 3 has been sitting un-played for awhile now.

I maxed out all social links with Kou & Daisuke, Yumi, Yukiko, Yosuke, Kanji, Teddy, and Chie who was my girlfriend. I came close with Marie and Nanako, both with 9. All party members I mentioned I maxxed social links with also got their persona transformed a third time, which was good since that final boss would have been much harder.

>he didn't max out Dojima
>and the old lady + slutty nurse

You're missing out on some good demons, bro. The Death social link awards you with Alice for completing it.

Now I have a greater appreciation for Persona 4 Arena.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- WHY WOULD YOU PLAY THAT BEFORE THIS GAME?!!!?

Anyway, I bought a Vita for and ONLY for Persona 4 Golden. I came for Persona, so lets see what will make me stay.

In my quest to beat every Final Fantasy game the Vita will help out alot, 3, and 4 are on the Vita, and I just saw a review of 4,

Any there any original IPs for the PSV yet? So much fucking ports. My PSP's the same way because most (or perhaps all?) of the games I have are ports or emulated from other consoles. I honestly don't know why anyone would get a PSV for JRPGs when the 3DS has got SMTIV and Soul Hackers; the former being a new entry in the series whereas the latter was never released in English.

I think FF4 complete will be my next JRPG but...maybe later, im suffering RPG burnout, I need to play....something else to take my mind off it.

Meh, SRW Operation Expend is filling up my JRPG/SRPG quota at the moment. Shit's pretty fun if you know Japanese or if you've played previous games in the series.