Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,511,771 Views
  • 60,006 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 07:14 PM Reply

I've been playing the PS1 version of Chrono Trigger, it has some cool anime cutscenes in it.

towelie101
towelie101
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 4th, 2013 @ 07:57 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 05:25 PM, sweet21 wrote: So i've been playing Persona 4 Golden pretty frequently on the Vita. Im pretty high up in Yukiko's castle, I have no idea what the clouds in the weather forecast mean so I panicked and just went straight into the T.V.
I joined the basketball team.
"Voice" says I can hang out with Yosuke to enhance our social link but I have no idea where to find him. Going to Junes only prompts to go into the T.V. so I just hang out with Marie.

IIRC, he should be at school because he's only at Junes on the weekends. I've only played the original game but it gets better with every arc, man, so I hope you enjoy it. Fuse Yoshitsune when you unlock him -- he's the best persona in the game with Hassou Tobi/Power Charge.

Speaking about SMT, i've began playing the SNES ones. Still as addictive and amazing as the newer ones are.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 05:57 AM Reply

Has anyone else watched the first episode of the Rozen Maiden reboot yet? Thoughts?

IMO, it's like they took all the pacing for the series and threw it out the window, threw garbage on it, a fresh shit and hung it out to dry. Then again, most people have either read the manga or watched the anime and the OVA.

It's not bad though, just introducing all the dolls at once seems like a bit much plus revealing the plot so early cheapens it I feel.


[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 10:23 AM Reply

Okay, I just got done with the con, and I have pics and shit if anyone wants to sees. Anime Evfolution 2013. Was a lot of fun, met a lot of cool people and some of the VAs. Overall great time.

Also, a lot of Attack on Titan cosplay and since my buddy was as Jean from that series I am watching it. Dear lord, this is some good shit.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 7/5/13 10:23 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Also, a lot of Attack on Titan cosplay and since my buddy was as Jean from that series I am watching it. Dear lord, this is some good shit.

I sometimes wonder if a good chunk of its popularity stems from the epic OP
Either way, I kinda hate how it's become the new SAO and has either a bunch of fanboys claiming it to be the messiah of anime or a bunch of haters chastising every minute detail about it in every video/discussion thread for it.

Also, I just watched the first episode of Danganronppa (is that how you spell it?) and this looks like some good shit, I love me a nice survival story.

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 7/5/13 11:11 AM, PWJP wrote:
At 7/5/13 10:23 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Also, a lot of Attack on Titan cosplay and since my buddy was as Jean from that series I am watching it. Dear lord, this is some good shit.
I sometimes wonder if a good chunk of its popularity stems from the epic OP
Either way, I kinda hate how it's become the new SAO and has either a bunch of fanboys claiming it to be the messiah of anime or a bunch of haters chastising every minute detail about it in every video/discussion thread for it.

Also, I just watched the first episode of Danganronppa (is that how you spell it?) and this looks like some good shit, I love me a nice survival story.

Look, that's the fandom for you. it's hype backlash. There are very few things that live up to their reputation. I was this way about Gurren Lagann and FLCL and Ponies. they all have their place and are enjoyable in their own way. YMMV on this. There are problems with in every series. Attack or Titan or SnK as it's known has problems but it does have a decent story where everyone knows shits fucked and they persevere despite the fucked up shit. You just gotta remember this. And I don't wanna spoil anything, but focus more on Misaka's POV than Eren's POV

anyway pics and shit

BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 7/4/13 05:25 PM, sweet21 wrote: So i've been playing Persona 4 Golden pretty frequently on the Vita. Im pretty high up in Yukiko's castle, I have no idea what the clouds in the weather forecast mean so I panicked and just went straight into the T.V.
I joined the basketball team.
"Voice" says I can hang out with Yosuke to enhance our social link but I have no idea where to find him. Going to Junes only prompts to go into the T.V. so I just hang out with Marie.

Protip: Always go out with Yukiko. High Yukiko social link leads to Salvation (Full health for entire party and nuls all status ailment)


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 7/5/13 06:03 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Protip: Always go out with Yukiko. High Yukiko social link leads to Salvation (Full health for entire party and nuls all status ailment)

But im already level 3 with Chie! What have I done?!


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 7/5/13 06:24 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 7/5/13 06:03 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Protip: Always go out with Yukiko. High Yukiko social link leads to Salvation (Full health for entire party and nuls all status ailment)
But im already level 3 with Chie! What have I done?!

Protip: If already Level 3 with Chie, double maxed out Social Link gets you Dragon Hustle (All party members get increased attack, defense, and hit/evasion rate)


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 7/5/13 06:03 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
At 7/4/13 05:25 PM, sweet21 wrote: So i've been playing Persona 4 Golden pretty frequently on the Vita. Im pretty high up in Yukiko's castle, I have no idea what the clouds in the weather forecast mean so I panicked and just went straight into the T.V.
I joined the basketball team.
"Voice" says I can hang out with Yosuke to enhance our social link but I have no idea where to find him. Going to Junes only prompts to go into the T.V. so I just hang out with Marie.
Protip: Always go out with Yukiko. High Yukiko social link leads to Salvation (Full health for entire party and nuls all status ailment)

It's too bad that she she's still the worst girl, even though Ammy's the best evolution. She's the only healer in the game so I just keep her in my party for that purpose; I think Teddie has healing techniques in his movepool, but I wouldn't use him for that.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 02:29 PM Reply

At 7/5/13 07:38 PM, towelie101 wrote: It's too bad that she she's still the worst girl, even though Ammy's the best evolution. She's the only healer in the game so I just keep her in my party for that purpose; I think Teddie has healing techniques in his movepool, but I wouldn't use him for that.

I fused some healing personas so I have the ability of Media and Dia for my level 21 Justice.
I FINALLY rescued Kanji. His shadow was a close call, everyone fainted but my main, whom I named Yu Narukami after his appearance in Persona 4 Arena. I won with 45 HP using my pheonix's double fang attack.
Yukiko is alright. She feels deeper in P4A, but I haven't hung out with her anyway. I think our relationship is still at 1. Meanwhile im at 4 with Chie. My intelligence is at Expert and every other stat has increased at least once.
Maybe i'll hang out with Kanji. He was my main in Persona 4 Arena but I don't know who I would replace...
I want to keep Brosuke Awesomeura.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 02:36 PM Reply

Say are the Japanese voice actors for Persona also the performers for the English voices as well? The credits only roll one line of voice actors.
How do they get that talented that I can't even detect their accents?


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 7/6/13 02:36 PM, sweet21 wrote: Say are the Japanese voice actors for Persona also the performers for the English voices as well? The credits only roll one line of voice actors.
How do they get that talented that I can't even detect their accents?

No, I know for a fact Yui Horie does Chie's voice in Japanese and in fact she has a different voice actor in Golden than she did in P4A and the original. Also the person who does Yu's voice (when he says Persona at least and in the anime) is the same dude who does Ichigo's voice in the Bleach dub. Also Rise's voice is the same voice as the female protagonist in P3P


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 06:50 PM Reply

At 7/6/13 02:29 PM, sweet21 wrote:
whom I named Yu Narukami

Thank god I am not the only dude who did this. I feel anything else would be too weird

Anime Club


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Anime Club Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 10:22 PM Reply

I can't believe I'm doing this

I've been watching Samurai 7 and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend something similar, preferably with samurai in it and plenty of over the top swordfighting.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 7th, 2013 @ 01:41 AM Reply

At 7/6/13 06:50 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
At 7/6/13 02:29 PM, sweet21 wrote:
whom I named Yu Narukami
Thank god I am not the only dude who did this. I feel anything else would be too weird

I think everyone did it. Every time I use the SOS system all the responses I get are from Yu. I think I saw a Tony once though...I was just going to name him Setzer like I do with every RPG, then I realized I never got Setzers last name.
Next was Strider Hiryu because thats a cool name.
Mmmm Strider-kun....But in the end I went with the default that never existed in the first place :\
Why is it that some RPG's don't give you a default name? I hate that shit.

Im juggling Final Fantasy 5 and Persona 4 Golden and FF5 did the same damn thing. Luckily I knew his name from Dissidia so I called the protagonist Bartz.

I can't juggle both, FF5 ended like 3 times already, I really want it to be over, which I have never wished for in an RPG but I just can't juggle both. im 23 hours in on FF5 and I want it to stoooooooop. But if I stop i'll lose focus. DAMN.
Don't get me wrong though, FF5 is good, the job system is great and smart as hell....However my white mage, Reina just "died." She's probably not dead, games don't usually kill off love interests, she'll probably show up on a boat or something. But I can't advance through the damn sand temple. An RPG without a white mage is like a cat that can't jump. May as well put a dinner bell above your head and wait for the wolves. Damn it Farris get you shit together, you have ONE job! ONE JOB, god damn Farris...and with Farris as a white mage I no longer have my Time sorceress...She kept her time powers though, she can't be completely useless in a fight.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 8th, 2013 @ 04:19 PM Reply

I maxxed out my social link with Chie and I am now dating her as well.
Her persona turned into an ultra badass.
I also obtained the ability to create an ultimate chariot persona, but I don't have the time to jump into the velvet room right now...I have to go work.
Come tomorrow though i'll check out what it is.

Chie gave me an arm band, but I don't know if I can equip it, or even if im suppose to. I also won a Jack Frost doll and I have no idea what to do with it.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 8th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 7/8/13 04:19 PM, sweet21 wrote: Chie gave me an arm band, but I don't know if I can equip it, or even if im suppose to. I also won a Jack Frost doll and I have no idea what to do with it.

You can't equip either, but the latter is meant to give to people as gifts/presents -- it progresses their social link. The former is a token of your friendship/strong relationship with the character.

During Christmas Eve, you can hang out with a [female] character who'll give you an equipable item.

naoto is best girl
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 8th, 2013 @ 05:27 PM Reply

At 7/3/13 01:45 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hulu has a lot of anime that you can watch without joining. I have anlot of stuff queued up.

if only there was something called "torrents"


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 7/8/13 05:27 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 7/3/13 01:45 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hulu has a lot of anime that you can watch without joining. I have anlot of stuff queued up.
if only there was something called "torrents"

If only discussing them on the BBS wasn't against the rules because torrents are illegal

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 7/8/13 05:27 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 7/3/13 01:45 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hulu has a lot of anime that you can watch without joining. I have anlot of stuff queued up.
if only there was something called "torrents"

What say? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Anime Club


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 02:56 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 7/8/13 05:27 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 7/3/13 01:45 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hulu has a lot of anime that you can watch without joining. I have anlot of stuff queued up.
if only there was something called "torrents"
If only discussing them on the BBS wasn't against the rules because torrents are illegal

also is marihuana and i saw tons of post about it. the difference, torrents dont harm


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 04:14 PM, kakalxlax wrote: the difference, torrents dont harm

Neither does marijuana


last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 04:20 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/9/13 04:14 PM, kakalxlax wrote: the difference, torrents dont harm
Neither does marijuana

Especially if you vaporize.

But, of course, those of us who take any mind altering substances are inferior creatures, right?


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 04:34 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

But, of course, those of us who take any mind altering substances are inferior creatures, right?

exactly, only inferior things need to be altered


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 06:46 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 04:14 PM, kakalxlax wrote: also is marihuana and i saw tons of post about it. the difference, torrents dont harm

That has literally no relevance to what I just said moron

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 06:46 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 7/9/13 04:14 PM, kakalxlax wrote: also is marihuana and i saw tons of post about it. the difference, torrents dont harm
That has literally no relevance to what I just said moron

i quote

At 7/9/13 02:56 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: If only discussing them on the BBS wasn't against the rules because torrents are illegal

and i replied

At 7/9/13 04:14 PM, kakalxlax wrote: also is marihuana and i saw tons of post about it. the difference, torrents dont harm

if you still cant see the relation between those: i said, pot is illegal and people still talk about it in the forum, thus, they can also talk about torrents.

it wasnt so hard, wasnt it?


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 08:21 PM Reply

talk about torrents fine but no linking that's not okay

thats what i've always gone by


BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 08:21 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: talk about torrents fine but no linking that's not okay

thats what i've always gone by

What about streams? Is it the same policy?


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 07:37 PM, kakalxlax wrote: it wasnt so hard, wasnt it?

The point I was making is that people already know about torrents genius they just don't talk about them because it's against the rules. Weed talk on NG is not at all comparable because no one is selling or otherwise dealing it over newgrounds. Discussing illegal activity is a no no regardless of whether it 'harms' anyone.