Has it been a month already?

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Dec. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 12/21/11 09:26 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Can't we all just agree that Cowboy Bebop is an overblown, incoherent mess of a show that might as well be the equivalent to a modern show on the lines of Hellsing?

This is like the blandest kind of over-rehearsed, nonsensical vitriol.

SO YEAH IDOLM@STER ENDED and it was a pretty decent finale. More of a light-hearted period at the end of the rather maudlin sentence that's been the back end of the series rather than a proper, defintive conclusion, but it's satisfactory and had enough cool dancing and heartstring-tugging to not feel like a cop out.

I am legitimately surprised at how this show ended up playing out. The first episode was some weird shit, and I had no idea how to read the direction the series was gonna take, then it was a decent slice of life for like 12 episodes and then it slowly evolved into something surprisingly tragic and cerebral. Atsushi Nishigori really is one of the best writer/director types out there these days (as if PSG didn't prove that enough already) and I cannot wait to see what he does next.

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:38 AM Reply

At 12/22/11 12:35 PM, Gendo wrote: then it was a decent slice of life for like 12 episodes and then it slowly evolved into something surprisingly tragic and cerebral.

You mean it actually developed a story? Maybe I should undrop it.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 24th, 2011 @ 09:22 PM Reply

What a fucking joke this was earlier.

Anime Club

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 24th, 2011 @ 11:35 PM Reply

Just got done watching Speed Grapher and Sergeant frog awesome fucking animes man!

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Dec. 25th, 2011 @ 01:58 AM Reply

At 12/24/11 11:35 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Just got done watching Speed Grapher and Sergeant frog awesome fucking animes man!

I liked Speed Grapher

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club Dec. 25th, 2011 @ 05:54 PM Reply

duran duran B|

towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 26th, 2011 @ 01:44 PM Reply

you guys excited for the winter line up?
I want to see

zero no tsukaima f

nisemonogatari

I to check out

kill me baby

recorder to rando seru

highschool dxd

papa no lu koto okikinosai

senhime zesshou symphogear

gokujyo

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Dec. 26th, 2011 @ 07:22 PM Reply

I now have Baccano! and season one of Darker Than Black on DVD. sweetness.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 27th, 2011 @ 06:34 AM Reply

At 12/26/11 07:22 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I now have Baccano!

I was going to buy it and then didn't for some reason. I need to start a collection.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 27th, 2011 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 12/26/11 07:22 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Darker Than Black on DVD.

I'd be pretty stoked to own that. Then again, I'd be twice as stoked to get a Blu-Ray.

Anyway, you guys need to help me think of a good Manga I should buy off of Amazon or whateverthefuck. I was thinking of buying a few K-On! paperbacks but I'm not so sure because I've already seen the entire series and already read Part 1 on my tablet. But still, I'd like to find a good Manga but I don't even know where to begin. Throw me recommendations, dickheads.

And lastly, been watchin' Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, and Ben-To. Both of which are pretty fucking grand.

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 27th, 2011 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 12/27/11 11:30 AM, Sevkat wrote: Throw me recommendations, dickheads.

Alright, faggot.

Murder Princess
Battle Angel Alita
My Lovely Ghost Kana
Umisho
Pugyuru

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club Dec. 27th, 2011 @ 02:23 PM Reply

well what kinda manga do you want to read?

My two first recommendations you should read regardless of what you wanted.
Hoshi no Samidare (Lucifer & Biscuit Hammer) is an instant recommendation of mine, simply it is to the mahou genre (specifically, a bunch of kids saving the world with magic and talking animal friends) what gurren lagann is to the mecha genre. Never takes itself seriously, always good fun, some awesome fight scenes and shit, etc etc.
Also great is Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan, a short 8 chapter manga about an attempted suicide pianist and a death-row inmate. It's pretty short but absolutely beautiful and heartwrenching.

Then some other greats: Great Teacher Onizuka (hilarious black comedy), Welcome to the NHK (black comedy, but much more emphasis on the black than GTO. Very dark and disturbing, much more so than the anime), 20th Century Boys and Monster (both psychological drama/mystery sorta stuff), Pluto (same as above but also scifi about robots n stuff). legend of the strongest man kurosawa is another black comedy, it takes a couple of volumes to get going but the last half of it is incredibly gripping and outstanding.

idk what else... eden it's an endless world if you like to read stuff where EVERYONE DIES, jiraishin if you want the most inappropriate ending to a manga ever, sanctuary if you want a political/yakuza based drama, planetes for more sci-fi (although I preferred the anime myself, probs because i watched that first)

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Dec. 27th, 2011 @ 05:27 PM Reply

So did Kermit get himself banned again already?

At 12/27/11 11:30 AM, Sevkat wrote: I'd be pretty stoked to own that. Then again, I'd be twice as stoked to get a Blu-Ray.

I don't understand what would be so different having a high def version of something that's animated. I've never seen high def, though. Sure, live action stuff is better in high def, but how does it make a difference for animated stuff?

I wish I had a high definition TV and a PS3 to play blu ray. The first thing I'd get is Planet Earth.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club Dec. 27th, 2011 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 12/27/11 05:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I don't understand what would be so different having a high def version of something that's animated. I've never seen high def, though. Sure, live action stuff is better in high def, but how does it make a difference for animated stuff?

It's makes a much bigger differance than you would expect. Colours come in a lot more vibrant and natural, lines appear sharper and backgrounds and textures appear to have a lot more detail. The other big thing is sound quality, which is much better, especially when listened to on a home theater system.

The thing is though, it needs to actually be made in high definition. Upscaled video does look significantly better, but it's not the same as watching something in real HD.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Dec. 28th, 2011 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 12/25/11 05:54 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: duran duran B|

BBM in da house, posting like a pro.

Allow me to emulate such graceful and well thought posting:

HEY GUYS ANIME

Anime Club

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 28th, 2011 @ 02:37 AM Reply

I'm almost finish with my pervert tier and wandering if you can tell me 3 perverts you know (not obivous ones that evryone knows exkintaro/miroku)

why post here if no one talks to me here

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature
RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 28th, 2011 @ 03:47 AM Reply

At 12/20/11 09:04 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Death Note turned into shit after a while. That show is overrated, and Light is a dick. L should have lived and been the one to catch Light.

The first season was good, after that it was predictable of what was gonna happen(pretty much)

At 12/21/11 03:16 AM, SomaGuye wrote: So it turns out the secret Madoka project was/is an MMO.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkay.

i would like to see Dot.hack as a remade mmo. I'm on the 2nd ep. w/ Madoka, pretty good i must say

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 28th, 2011 @ 11:27 AM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGujGeLNH kA&feature=youtu.be
http://www.symphogear.com/movie.html
(Videos are the same.)

It looks good, and the music was alright.

I'll give it a chance but I'm not too interested in it.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 12/27/11 02:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
well what kinda manga do you want to read?

My two first recommendations you should read regardless of what you wanted.
Hoshi no Samidare (Lucifer & Biscuit Hammer) is an instant recommendation of mine, simply it is to the mahou genre (specifically, a bunch of kids saving the world with magic and talking animal friends) what gurren lagann is to the mecha genre. Never takes itself seriously, always good fun, some awesome fight scenes and shit, etc etc.

That sounds fucking grand. You always throw out the best suggestions, BBM, thanks a bunch.

At 12/27/11 05:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I don't understand what would be so different having a high def version of something that's animated. I've never seen high def, though. Sure, live action stuff is better in high def, but how does it make a difference for animated stuff?

I wish I had a high definition TV and a PS3 to play blu ray. The first thing I'd get is Planet Earth.

I think there's a HUGE difference to me. I can't stand watching anime/cartoons when it's all pixelated and sht. If I didn't have a HDTV it wouldn't matter. And nawman don't get a PS3 for watching BluRay get a computer that has HDMI or a TV that has VGA and hook your computer in. Buying discs is for suckers.

At 12/28/11 02:37 AM, tsukikomi wrote:

Hey, you got a namechange.
Neat.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 02:50 AM Reply

I'm buying Welcome to the NHK for sure. FuckmanBBMyougotgoodtaste.jpg

And since I'll still have a bit of money left, I was thinking of buying Angel Beats: Heaven's Door manga. Have any of you guys read it? Is it any good?

D-D-D-DOUBLE POST

BBS Signature
DirkaDirka-2
DirkaDirka-2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 05:10 AM Reply

Ore no Imouto is a pretty good watch so far. On episode 3. I have been watching lots of cartoons as of late. Just got a blue ray player so I bought NGE rebuild 1.11 and 2.22, Nausicaa, FLCL,Angel Beats, Paprika, Summer Wars, Ghost in the Shell, Tekkon Kinkreet and have a few more blue rays on the way. Will also be importing the 5CM/s Global Edition bd shortly. Got the Yuri goodsmile fig its pretty neat. Also have Kurisu restock preordered that should be shipped via EMS January. Jelly?

Anime Club

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 08:16 AM Reply

There's a weird maid cafe thing going on near me and I'm not sure if I should go just to be really creeped out and say I've been.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 04:53 PM Reply

So, clearly Fusion Reborn takes place after the Buu saga, but I don't recall Goku dying after that. Did he die after that? Also, Goku has to explain the fusion thing to Vegeta as if they'd never fused before. Can anyone explain this?

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 12/29/11 12:46 AM, Sevkat wrote:
Hey, you got a namechange.
Neat.

thanks

since people asking BananaBreadMuffin for recoccomend could you reccomend me some yuri/ecchi/fanserves/gender-benders

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 07:40 PM Reply

At 12/29/11 06:36 PM, tsukikomi wrote: since people asking BananaBreadMuffin for recoccomend could you reccomend me some yuri/ecchi/fanserves/gender-benders

X-Change series and its spin-off, Yin Yang Alternative.

They're all in English except for YYA2.

KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 12/29/11 04:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: So, clearly Fusion Reborn takes place after the Buu saga, but I don't recall Goku dying after that. Did he die after that? Also, Goku has to explain the fusion thing to Vegeta as if they'd never fused before. Can anyone explain this?

Confusion over the death of Goku is like being confused about the death of Jesus Christ. He was resurrected, with little to no explaination otherwise.

How about also that the dragon ball z movies are shitty and they have no place in the continuity nor do they even attempt to do so.

Sorry pal, you just need you go back to anime 101. This club is reserved for the anime-elite only.

Anime Club

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 05:15 PM Reply

It shocks me to say that I might start posting in here from now on. Or perhaps not. We'll see. However, I have for the first time decided to start watching anime. I used to have an unfounded negative opinion of it until Film4 started showing some anime movies in the afternoon and they completely changed my opinion of the whole thing.

I wanted to start watching a series, so I've gone with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I just finished watching the first episode and although it's still early days, I can see myself getting quite into this. Anime in general I mean, not just Fullmetal Alchemist. Never thought I'd say that.

Anyway, hi.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 12/30/11 05:15 PM, Dean wrote: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

There are better things to torture yourself with. Just peruse this thread like i did and find some good stuff to watch.

Anyway, hi.

Hello there.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature