00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,806,195 Views | 59,818 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-25 01:20:35

Shinsekai Yori finale aired this week

I am thoroughly mindfucked by all the last minute reveals that make perfect sense in retrospect

Next week, the fun begins with Spring 2013

My bread and butter shows will be Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), Valvrave, and Gargantia

Yuyushiki and Hentai Ouji are still try-outs

Hopefully I don't end up dropping nearly everything like the last few seasons

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-25 13:00:44

Been watching too much anime lately. 10 year anniversary inspired me to finally try Cowbop, which is great and put me in an anime mood. Started watching Code Geass which is interesting, Oreimouto which isn't the type of thing I'd normally watch but I'll stick with it, K-On! which is good but it it's dubbed and a bit overly high-pitched.

Also watched Dragon-Half, an OVA from 1993 which I got a while ago in an anime DVD lot. It was pretty funny, definitely better than most wacky early 90s anime but it's not something you'd go out of your way to see.

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-25 16:52:40

At 3/25/13 01:20 AM, LLStarks wrote: My bread and butter shows will be Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan),

I hope they blow all of the budget on the first episode because it looks like it'll be great. It's funny because the manga's art is really questionable but the anime looks like it could be really slick and high quality.

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-26 20:00:11

At 3/25/13 01:00 PM, Jackho wrote: K-On!

I'd be enjoying this if not for the voices, and they seem to be just as bad in japanese. Oooooohhhh!! Loook at alll the guiitaaarss~!! JESUS YUI SHUT THE FUCK UP. Decent music tho.

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-26 20:10:49

Anyone in the UK or somewhere that has access to the channel Film4 might be interested to know that over roughly the next 3 weeks they'll be showing a Studio Ghibli film each day.

http://www.film4.com/whats-on/studio-ghibli-2013

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-27 01:45:07

I watched FMA: the Star of Milos, which was quite good.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-27 20:02:25

At 3/26/13 08:10 PM, Dean wrote: Anyone in the UK or somewhere that has access to the channel Film4 might be interested to know that over roughly the next 3 weeks they'll be showing a Studio Ghibli film each day.

http://www.film4.com/whats-on/studio-ghibli-2013

Oh sweet, I first got into anime (barring pokemon as a kid) through film4 showing princess mononoke and spirited away etc etc

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-28 15:31:42

At 3/27/13 08:02 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Oh sweet, I first got into anime (barring pokemon as a kid) through film4 showing princess mononoke and spirited away etc etc

Studio Ghibli films were my introduction to anime as well, I think. I'm pretty sure I caught Porco Rosso on Film4 when they were previously showing Studio Ghibli films and I watch the next few they aired. I remember Ponyo being one of the others I saw.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-31 13:11:47

At 3/28/13 03:31 PM, Dean wrote:
At 3/27/13 08:02 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Oh sweet, I first got into anime (barring pokemon as a kid) through film4 showing princess mononoke and spirited away etc etc
Studio Ghibli films were my introduction to anime as well, I think. I'm pretty sure I caught Porco Rosso on Film4 when they were previously showing Studio Ghibli films and I watch the next few they aired. I remember Ponyo being one of the others I sa

Ghibli introduced me to anime aswell, I remember when I was younger Cartoon Network showed 4 films for fours days and they were Nauusica of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky (or Howl's Moving Castle), Princess Mononoke. and Kiki's Delivery Service. And From Up On Poppy Hill is being released in theaters in Boston the 5th of April. I can't wait!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-03-31 13:19:39

I'm not having much luck watching these Ghibli films. So far I've managed to miss every single one. I was all prepared to watch the one that's on today, looked at my clock and it said 5:15pm, so I thought the film was about to start.

I completely forgot that the clocks went forward and I forgot to move that clock forward so I missed the first hour... FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-01 18:59:17

Alright i'm done with Kaiji and it was hella siiicccckkkkkk

Now i'm going to watch Revolutionary Girl Utena

ZAWA ZAWA

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-02 12:10:23

Finally managed to catch one of the Ghibli films. Castle of Cagliostro. Pretty good film too although I get the impression I've seen this before. I seemed to have vague memories of certain parts.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-02 12:41:00

So I have just finished the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya and it has inspired me to watch more anime.
With that being said, does anybody have any recommendations for somebody that overly enjoyed Haruhi?

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-02 19:52:31

has anyone ever herd of Shigurui I recently saw this anime on hulu and was like kool sword fighting. If you have, what is your opinon of it overall. I just started watching and wanted to know what ya think. If they had posted their anime on newgrounds and you had to rate it between 1-5, what would you give it?

John 3:16

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-02 20:20:21

At 4/2/13 07:52 PM, Greggg586 wrote: has anyone ever herd of Shigurui I recently saw this anime on hulu and was like kool sword fighting.

I thought it was great

4 out of 5

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-03 15:19:28

At 4/2/13 12:41 PM, twistex wrote: So I have just finished the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya and it has inspired me to watch more anime.
With that being said, does anybody have any recommendations for somebody that overly enjoyed Haruhi?

KyoAni's other stuff (K-on!, Nichijou, etc)
Stellvia of the Universe
Working

Addicted to Devil Survivor 2 atm. It's a huge improvement over the first game in most aspects, albeit visuals are the same.

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-05 14:02:59

Haha, I choose a good time to finish DS2 considering an anime adaptation just began airing this season. Didn't realize that until now, but I don't have high hopes for an SMT anime especially after P4A.

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-05 17:52:28

lol, im new to newgrounds. How do i join this club?

Gratata :D

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-07 13:42:13

At 4/5/13 05:52 PM, crunchyfun1 wrote: lol, im new to newgrounds. How do i join this club?

Your in

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-08 18:27:17

Watched the last episode of Oreimo today. It was annoying at first but it kept getting better and I really liked all of the characters by the end. Good show. Looking forward to season 2 (waiting until the blu ray release).

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-08 19:56:32

At 4/8/13 06:27 PM, Jackho wrote: Watched the last episode of Oreimo today. It was annoying at first but it kept getting better and I really liked all of the characters by the end. Good show. Looking forward to season 2 (waiting until the blu ray release).

*SPOILERS*

That anime only became enjoyable after Kirino left and Kuroneko replaced her. Holy mother of everything is Kirino one of the most annoying characters ever.

Also, I've finally caught up with the manga for The World God Only Knows. And it was really, really, REALLY damn good. It's been a while since I got so addicted to something.

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-09 15:02:34

At 4/8/13 07:56 PM, PWJP wrote: *SPOILERS*

For sure, I only kept watching for the times when kirino wasn't on screen, and episodes 6 and from 12 onward were definitely the best parts of the series. At the same time she can only get better after the events of season 1 though, but I hope they focus mainly on the game club and not so much on how much of an overrated cunt kirino can be. I've heard kyousuke finally nails kuroneko in season 2, so there's that.

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-12 13:36:01

Just wondering are any of you east coasters planning to attend AnimeNEXT in June? I might consider going if I have enough money

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-12 13:42:46

At 4/12/13 01:36 PM, Wegra wrote: Just wondering are any of you east coasters planning to attend AnimeNEXT in June? I might consider going if I have enough money

Nope.
----
Is anyone following the current season? So far I've only tried Oregairu out but it looks interesting and it's scary how much I can relate to the main character. Extremely anti-social society critics for the win.

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-12 15:14:45

At 4/12/13 01:42 PM, PWJP wrote: Is anyone following the current season?

Only one I've watched so far is Aku no Hana. It's shaping up to be a real masterpiece.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-12 18:47:07

At 4/12/13 01:42 PM, PWJP wrote:
At 4/12/13 01:36 PM, Wegra wrote:
Is anyone following the current season? So far I've only tried Oregairu out but it looks interesting and it's scary how much I can relate to the main character. Extremely anti-social society critics for the win.

So far i've only watched Shingeki no Kyojin but i've already caught up on the manga a while ago so i'll probably pick something else up later to balance it out.

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-12 21:44:16

The first episode of Devil Survivor 2 was great, but it's not something I'd recommend unless you've played the game. Hopefully there's no huge drop in quality in the later episodes because the Dubhe scene was the best in the episode.

If any of use have a 3DS, go play Break Record when that's released; otherwise, the DS version is still a good buy. As far as SRPGs go, it's definitely one of my favorites.

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-14 16:12:44

Currently watching Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (an anime that came out in 2011)
I'm absolutely confused and can't understand anything and yet it might just be the most amazing thing ever.
Is that weird

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-14 16:52:34

I forgot to mention that I (somewhat) recently watched Brave Story. It's quite a good one. Y'all should check it out.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-04-14 17:17:13

watching jinuri wa suitai shimashita at the moment, really enjoying it. Sadly though the first story arc was much better than the 2nd and 3rd arcs (not that they're terrible arcs, just nothing compared to the 2nd ep).

A couple of bits had me breaking down in laughter. A lot of the bits with the chickens in the 2nd ep to be specific.

BBS Signature