00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,812,718 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-18 18:05:59

has anyone ever seen summer wars?
I think it has an awesome plot and great characters.

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-19 00:02:43

At 9/18/12 06:05 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: has anyone ever seen summer wars?
I think it has an awesome plot and great characters.

yep. good movie.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-19 00:49:24

First time looking at newground forums, not as lively as I expected. Anyone here have Tumblrs that post anime related things?

I haven't been watching a lot of anime lately, one or two of the newer stuff. But if anyone could suggest anime related games, I normally play the shit out of that stuff.

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-19 02:23:26

At 9/19/12 02:05 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Anime Club isnt as lively as I thought as well.
As for the anime related games, Randomness Thing is a good place to look for. There are a lot of Touhou games, but there are also pretty good other games. I highly reccomend Grief Syndrome a game based on Madoka Magica.

I think it mighta been more a live earlier but hey, it's not much like that anymore.

Try out Sengoku's Rance.
Melty Blood is also great as well

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-19 09:33:50

At 9/19/12 12:49 AM, joychantel wrote: I haven't been watching a lot of anime lately, one or two of the newer stuff.

Neither have I, but today I'm going to start watching LoGH regularly again.

But if anyone could suggest anime related games, I normally play the shit out of that stuff.

You had to ask that, but I don't know which ones you've played. Nonetheless, I'll drown you with this list:
Super Robot Wars series (J, Alpha Gaiden, OG1/2 for GBA have English versions). All of the others are in Japanese but are very easy to play after the English games -- I highly recommend the Z series and W +++++
Guilty Gear/Blazblue
SMT (esp. Persona/Devil Survivor/Nocturne). P4A is worth playing as well. ++++
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD +++++
Recettear
Sengoku Rance ++++
Daibanchou
Ever 17
Fate series ++++
Tsukihime and sequels (inc. Melty Blood) ++++
Hoshimemo ++++
G-Senjou no Maou ++
Sharin no Kuni (sauce of my sig) ++++
Canvas 2 +++
Little Busters
Chaos; Head
Muv Luv +++
Narcissu

Pluses are the best ones.

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-19 09:40:26

At 9/19/12 09:33 AM, towelie101 wrote:

FUCK. Just as I was posting this, I remembered some more:

Radiant Historia - one of my favorite games ever
Yggdra Union
Riveria

Top two are DS, bottom are GBA. All recommended.

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-23 07:47:33

Too much school to watch anime let alone play games.... SIgh... the sacrifices one must make for a worthy cause.

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-23 11:24:40

At 9/23/12 07:47 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Too much school to watch anime let alone play games.... SIgh... the sacrifices one must make for a worthy cause.

Yeah I know what you mean, I barely have any time to watch anime these days... still watching a little though, finished ika musume s2 and mouretsu space pirates and now watching space bros and sakamichi no apollon, both of which are pretty cool

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-24 18:20:52

At 9/24/12 06:11 PM, Lasse wrote: just started hyouka what am i in for

A good bit of talking and the best cultural festival arc in history. Hyouka's in my top 5, loved it.

Why I'm actually here: I made this stupid site to compare VAs between two titles. No idea how useful anyone would find this, but let me know what you think!

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-24 19:21:17

At 9/24/12 06:20 PM, Aksumka wrote: Why I'm actually here: I made this stupid site to compare VAs between two titles. No idea how useful anyone would find this, but let me know what you think!

Yeah, no joke that it's pretty frivolous. I usually don't pay attention to the VAs of either English/Japanese audio, but I can easily recognize some of the more popular ones right away (Fukuyama, Koyasu, etc)

I feel bad for all of dem lonely souls when I compare something like Gundam to K-on!.

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-25 03:26:19

At 9/16/12 01:48 AM, RandomRoarness wrote:
At 8/27/12 06:47 PM, youtubedawg98 wrote: i've watched spirited away today
man what a great movie that was
Watch Sword Of The Stranger as your next movie when you have the time,

yes. i cannot agree with you more than what i am now. very good animation, music, story and everything else. it is a very good movie.

At 9/19/12 02:05 AM, Weeaboo wrote:
At 9/19/12 12:49 AM, joychantel wrote: First time looking at newground forums, not as lively as I expected.
Anime Club isnt as lively as I thought as well.

that's because the majority of the ones who used to post frequently(you could say myself included)have moved on or just lost interest in this club due to the stagnant and repetitiveness of it. i really wish a lot of you could have been around in '04 - '05, because this place was really something.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-25 08:40:54

At 9/25/12 03:26 AM, Kisuke wrote: that's because the majority of the ones who used to post frequently(you could say myself included)have moved on or just lost interest in this club due to the stagnant and repetitiveness of it.

Yeah, It's awfully repetitive and I've probably rehashed the same recommendations for the past hundred posts.

i really wish a lot of you could have been around in '04 - '05, because this place was really something.

;_;

It can't be helped because I joined in '07. I had an account back in '05, but my interest in anime then wasn't as big as it is now.

At 9/23/12 11:24 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 9/23/12 07:47 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Too much school to watch anime let alone play games.... SIgh... the sacrifices one must make for a worthy cause.
Yeah I know what you mean, I barely have any time to watch anime these days... still watching a little though, finished ika musume s2 and mouretsu space pirates and now watching space bros and sakamichi no apollon, both of which are pretty cool

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I've been too busy to watch anime but I've been playing Black Mesa, the Half-Life remake released a week or two ago, which is fucking great. And free. Did I mention it's free? Why haven't you all downloaded it yet? >:(

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-25 13:13:12

At 9/25/12 08:40 AM, towelie101 wrote: I'm in the same boat as you guys. I've been too busy to watch anime but I've been playing Black Mesa, the Half-Life remake released a week or two ago, which is fucking great. And free. Did I mention it's free? Why haven't you all downloaded it yet? >:(

well i have but im not playing it because OH GOD FTL IS SO FUCKING GOOD

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-25 13:58:01

At 9/25/12 03:26 AM, Kisuke wrote: i really wish a lot of you could have been around in '04 - '05, because this place was really something.

word, mang. You, Mr. Trivia, Gendo, Kuro, Mendou, Dr.Hyakuningiri or some shit (I think I got his name right) and...who was that mecha fanatic? He used to really rag on Mendou when he was new.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-25 17:38:05

theres an anime club?

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-25 17:47:08

At 9/25/12 05:38 PM, 75pikachu wrote: theres an anime club?

not really

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-26 04:07:22

At 9/25/12 01:58 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 9/25/12 03:26 AM, Kisuke wrote: i really wish a lot of you could have been around in '04 - '05, because this place was really something.
word, mang. You, Mr. Trivia, Gendo, Kuro, Mendou, Dr.Hyakuningiri or some shit (I think I got his name right) and...who was that mecha fanatic? He used to really rag on Mendou when he was new.

oh shit i know who you are talking about, Haro-Freak. when Wonko and Tink were still active too not to mention a hand full of others whose names i still remember. people get older and their interests shift. i still enjoy anime but i'm not heavily into it as i once was. these days it's baseball, good times with friends & their beer(haha) and trying to find a better job plus bettering my life as well. plus a lot of these newer seasons don't really have many, if any, shows that grab my interest.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-26 05:51:21

At 9/20/12 03:52 AM, Weeaboo wrote:
Recettear

No plusses on Recettear? You must be a communist pig.
CAPITALISM, HO!

That girl.... Where is she from?

happy, sad....!?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-26 09:08:16

At 9/26/12 05:51 AM, RandomRoarness wrote: That girl.... Where is she from?

.raetteceR

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-27 08:03:09

At 9/26/12 05:51 AM, RandomRoarness wrote:
At 9/20/12 03:52 AM, Weeaboo wrote:
Recettear

No plusses on Recettear? You must be a communist pig.
CAPITALISM, HO!
That girl.... Where is she from?

A game called Recettear. Its on steam.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-27 18:17:16

Ive just watched angel beats, and i must say.....the ending is a real tear jerker T__T

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-27 18:38:49

At 9/27/12 06:17 PM, zmatt007 wrote: Ive just watched angel beats, and i must say.....the ending is a real tear jerker T__T

Yes. Yes it is. I'm planning on rewatching it soonish.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-27 19:00:20

I've been watching Witchblade. lol the costume of the main character seems almost like satire.

At 9/26/12 04:07 AM, Kisuke wrote: oh shit i know who you are talking about, Haro-Freak.

Yeah, that's him.

plus a lot of these newer seasons don't really have many, if any, shows that grab my interest.

same. Plus, even if I did notice something promising, I'd have to wait a while before being able to see it since I don't do torrents and don't know where to see all the latest of the latest stuff.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-29 09:40:04

You ready for more Geass? The first Akito OVA has just been subbed so y'all better pick that shit up.

I KNOW YOU WANT TO

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-29 14:18:20

played the demo for JJBA. want.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-29 14:49:01

At 9/29/12 02:18 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: played the demo for JJBA. want.

I also want to get it so bad. I've played the arcade version on an emulator and loved it, but I don't really like playing fighters on a keyboard, much less a laptop's keyboard.

I can't get it at the moment because my money's going toward Black Ops 2. Pre-ordered the hardened edition because I'm not interested in the drone thing or the care package.

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-29 16:44:55

So ATE was a great watch and I'm definitely going to watch the next OVA and see where it goes. Some comments :

*****Spoilers Below*****

- Xin is obviously Akito's brother and I'm guessing he's the main antagonist. He has the power of Geass (same as Lelouch's) and put a "live" command on Akito like Lelouch and Suzaku. I'm reminded of Sasuke/Itachi when I saw that brief scene where Xin kills their mother/family/friends -- I hope that it doesn't follow Naruto too much or I'll drop this shit so hard. It gets even worse/more cliched when Akito implies that the event is where he "died before." The show doesn't imply that he killed his comrades at Narva so his 'death' isn't referring to that.

- Animation is great + CG is good and moves smoothly especially during the fighting scene.

- As usual, the Geass women are hot as fuck so they don't disappoint in that department (Yukia/Leila <3. Leila is fucking sexy in the uniform she puts on in the preview)

- Showing Suzaku/C.C. in the preview gets me pumped. It takes place while Zero is still building up the Black Knights so I doubt we'll see Lelouch, or at least he won't play that big of a role.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-29 17:11:37

At 9/29/12 09:40 AM, towelie101 wrote: You ready for more Geass? The first Akito OVA has just been subbed so y'all better pick that shit up.

I KNOW YOU WANT TO

More geass? I'm not sure I'm ready for that again. the first fucked me over too much, i put my faith in it and it let me down

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-30 12:55:53

Just Finished Hellsing. I found it enjoyable though I felt they could have added so much more.
I guess I'll be moving to Hellsing Ultimate then.

At 9/29/12 11:42 PM, AnonymousOfCali wrote: life is boring currently

I guess I'll watch korean zombie cars s2

Go watch The Good, The Bad, The Weird.

happy, sad....!?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-09-30 16:05:54

At 9/30/12 12:55 PM, RandomRoarness wrote: I guess I'll be moving to Hellsing Ultimate then.

Ultimate is way better.

Go watch The Good, The Bad, The Weird.

I love that movie.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature