SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 11:06:17 Reply

At 2/2/11 10:38 AM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 2/2/11 03:45 AM, SkeletonGimp wrote: Wolverine was ok, got my fix of action, GOSICK was..... Interesting..... Not amazing, but still palletable. I'm a sucker for puzzles and girls playing detective I guess :P
Did you only watch the first episode? It gets better, the first one was kind of dumb but the second and third were awesome.

Haven't had time to get past episode one, but I will be continuing. Need moar anime. It won't be tonight as have Wed night Magic: the Gathering club to play at :o!!!

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 11:08:51 Reply

At 2/2/11 12:43 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Just watched mushi-shi and grave of fireflies based on peoples posts; both where kinda depressing. Where definitely both worth watching though. Any one got any more optimistic anime XD?

What you looking for? Slice of life, action, bromance, etc?

If you're looking for something funny at least, start with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 11:54:04 Reply

At 2/2/11 11:35 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: stuff

I'm done playing your game now.

Anyways, looking to dabble in some more anime. Looking for recommendations in the vein of Blue Gender. Suggestions?

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 16:28:57 Reply

Out of the seven most recent pages of posts, I just deleted three and a half.

This is quite frankly unacceptable. If I have to do any further kind of clear-out I'll lock this thread. That's a final warning.

I want to get rid of this elitist bullshit. I want to get rid of this trolling. But most of all I want to get rid of kermit.

Anyone who posts trolling posts will be punished heavily.
Anyone who responds to trolling posts will find those posts deleted.

I want this place to be a place where we can discuss anime. and shit like that.

peace out guys

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 17:22:10 Reply

At 2/2/11 04:28 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I want this place to be a place where we can discuss anime. and shit like that.

peace out guys

Brofist my man. Although I wish there were more people watching airing anime so we could talk about it more.

Edward
Edward
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 18:55:02 Reply

At 2/2/11 05:22 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Although I wish there were more people watching airing anime so we could talk about it more.

There's six spring anime that I'm going to watch or try out, so who knows.

Hmm, secrecy.

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 19:24:18 Reply

At 2/2/11 06:55 PM, Edward wrote:
At 2/2/11 05:22 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Although I wish there were more people watching airing anime so we could talk about it more.

Yeah, spring has a bunch of anime I'm interested in watching. Kaiji Season 2 -- [C] -- Steins;Gate -- Berserk -- Fate/Zero

Also, I finished reading Chaos;Head and it was fucking amazing. Damn, that was a fantastic visual novel.

Nanami ;__;
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 22:49:26 Reply

At 2/2/11 07:24 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 2/2/11 06:55 PM, Edward wrote:
Yeah, spring has a bunch of anime I'm interested in watching. Kaiji Season 2 -- [C] -- Steins;Gate -- Berserk -- Fate/Zero

I'm also interested in Kaiji and Berserk as well, but I'm not too sure about the rest, because I haven't heard too much about them. Can't wait for spring.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-02 23:02:14 Reply

At 2/2/11 04:28 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Out of the seven most recent pages of posts, I just deleted three and a half.

This is quite frankly unacceptable. If I have to do any further kind of clear-out I'll lock this thread. That's a final warning.

Okay, how about instead of doing that, ban the one person responsible if it keeps up? I thought it was kina amusing, but if you're thinking of locking the whole thread because of Kermits antics and the reactions he gets for his trolling, I think that's a much better alternative. It's what Jebus would do.

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 03:52:21 Reply

At 2/2/11 10:49 PM, orangebomb wrote: I'm also interested in Kaiji and Berserk as well, but I'm not too sure about the rest, because I haven't heard too much about them. Can't wait for spring.

Ack, another one. Gotta add Berserk to my watch at some point soon list xP

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 09:55:11 Reply

At 2/2/11 11:02 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Okay, how about instead of doing that, ban the one person responsible if it keeps up?

That's what I have been doing. If I could just quietly delete every one of kermit's posts I would, but when everyone else is either going along with it or getting riled up by it this is increasingly hard. People get worked up by trolls, and post stupid things, and this is just as bad as the original troll posts for me. I want to come in here and just see good posts about anime, why should I have to be the one doing all the work? Why should I have to delete posts, ban users? Is it too much to ask for you guys to just behave yourselves and not be dicks?

So yeah, still stands. Thread gets locked if shit doesn't improve.

BBS Signature
kingx420
kingx420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 13:28:22 Reply

some friends of mine are trying to make a game that features anime characters from different action themed shows so if you have ant ideas let me know or let icemonky21fun know we are always taking in ideas. its gona be our debut game. ANIME RULES

to paradise

Edward
Edward
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 13:36:22 Reply

At 2/2/11 07:24 PM, towelie101 wrote: [C] -- Fate/Zero

There's one, and now that makes it seven with the latter. The rest are Tiger & Bunny, Appleseed XIII, Madhouse's X-Men, Showa Monogatari, and Deadman Wonderland. This is going to be one grand season.

Hmm, secrecy.

BBS Signature
UCanCallMeJesus
UCanCallMeJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 18:43:58 Reply

At 2/2/11 11:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 2/2/11 12:43 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Just watched mushi-shi and grave of fireflies based on peoples posts; both where kinda depressing. Where definitely both worth watching though. Any one got any more optimistic anime XD?
What you looking for? Slice of life, action, bromance, etc?

If you're looking for something funny at least, start with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Hmmm, I like pretty much anything as long as it has a nice story, and nice animation. I have got a lot of nice recommendations from people in this club in the past so ill be sure to check that out soon. Watching FMA Brotherhood now i think i'm on like 30/60 or something. The animation has definitely improved a lot since FMA. The story line is also a bit different. It seems like there is a little more flow to it, and its more catchy then the FMA story line. I am just hoping that they don't try to drag it on forever like Naruto, and Bleach. It's a needed break from what I have been watching recently; just kinda lets me chill out and not think too much.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 21:30:18 Reply

At 2/3/11 06:43 PM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote:
At 2/2/11 11:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 2/2/11 12:43 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Any one got optimistic anime?
Hmmm, I like pretty much anything as long as it has a nice story, and nice animation.

Michiko e Hatchin - Action
(Samurai Champloo-esque, set in brazil featuring smoking hot ex-con and her adopted (or something) daughter, great fun)
Planetes - Sci-fi/slice of life
(realistic sci-fi about people in orbit around earth cleaning up rubbish, 2nd half of series not as good as first but its still all good)
Bartender - slice of life
(as laid back as humanly possible, about drinks and not really much more... good to waste time to)

uhhh

will think of some others later

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 22:13:30 Reply

At 2/3/11 09:55 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Why should I have to delete posts, ban users? Is it too much to ask for you guys to just behave yourselves and not be dicks?

Hey, don't look at me. I ain't fed no troll. But you're right, everybody is making it worse.

At 2/3/11 01:28 PM, kingx420 wrote: some friends of mine are trying to make a game that features anime characters from different action themed shows so if you have ant ideas let me know

Ideas for what? characters? how 'bout Kenshiro? Freeman from Crying Freeman? Jotaro and Dio?

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 23:11:28 Reply

At 2/3/11 10:51 PM, LaForge wrote: I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and go through a couple more episodes, but I think I'm dropping it.

It can only gets worst from here. Hell, pre-timeskip isn't even that good and Shippuden raises the bar in being shit.

Some of the side characters in the series are pretty cool, though, I'll give Kishimoto that praise. Rock Lee and Guy, especially.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 23:11:40 Reply

At 2/3/11 10:51 PM, LaForge wrote: Well I just watched the first couple episodes of Naruto, and all the terrible things that my friends have been saying about it is true. His voice is grating and irritating and he said "believe it!" like 10 times in the first episode alone.

Yeah, the original Naurto series is a total trainwreak of a series. I know after about 25 episodes, he stops saying "believe it!", but even then, he is still irritating in voice and what he does. I think your friends were right in telling you how bad the series it is.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and go through a couple more episodes, but I think I'm dropping it.

Trust me, dropping the series after episode 30 or so is a good idea. A lot of it beyond there is typical mindless shonen action, which is rehashed over and over again, Not to mention the craptacular amount of filler there is. I can't believe that I once liked the original Naruto series when it first aired.

BBS Signature
Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-03 23:43:51 Reply

At 2/3/11 09:30 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Planetes - Sci-fi/slice of life
2nd half of series not as good as first

Are you kidding me? The second half is easily the best part of the show, especially with it focusing primarily on Hachimaki's ambitions.

Unless you liked the whole "LOL SPACE NINJAS" thing.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-04 07:14:59 Reply

At 2/3/11 11:43 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 2/3/11 09:30 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Planetes - 2nd half of series not as good as first
Are you kidding me? The second half is easily the best part of the show, especially with it focusing primarily on Hachimaki's ambitions.

Unless you liked the whole "LOL SPACE NINJAS" thing.

idk, I enjoyed the back home arcs and stuff but a lot of the stuff set on von braun just didn't have the same pull for me as some of the earlier stuff. Been a while since I saw it and it was like the first anime I watched so my memory may be a little skewed

BBS Signature
MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-04 08:13:48 Reply

I'm a sort of anime virgin. The only ones I've ever watched are Sailor Moon, some of DragonBall/Z/GT, and ... Naruto. I have a hard time letting series go once i start them, I'm going to watch Naruto to the end, and I still, even after it's been out in the U.S.A for about 16 year, haven't gotten past 140 or so in Sailor Moon.

I would like to try out some new anime. I'm drawn towards ones with intricate plots, a lot of magic, blade work and martial arts, and i really, really don't like it when someone has a plan, but it's outsmarted, and the plot ends there. I like back up plans for backup plans, to an extent of course. I am a sort of Ninja enthusiast, since they were skilled at what they do, and i like things that take a long hard training regiment to master. The ninja thing is not a requirement. I do like a high powered final battle here and there, but not the Dragonball series way of every fight someone ends up spirit bombed or kamehameha'd. I like challenges. I appreciate good music and proper animation and syncing, which i'd figure, is a given around here.

It's been a while since I've checked in on things in this thread, is there a membership requirement or is it open post as long as you're on topic?

BBS Signature
Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-04 17:01:49 Reply

At 2/4/11 08:13 AM, MrAngel wrote:

I would like to try out some new anime. I'm drawn towards ones with intricate plots, a lot of magic, blade work and martial arts

That's rather broad of an explanation of what you go for, although it just looks like action for the most part. FMA Brotherhood(for the action) would probably be your best bet since it's got a large ongoing plot, some twist here and there, plenty of eyecandy to boot. If you want martial arts, then Hokuto no Ken is absolutely essential - the animation is outdated, but frankly, that should never stop anyone from watching an anime.

Hajime no Ippo if you want determined protagonist who go great lengths to train and improve. It's also one of the funniest shows ever.

At 2/3/11 10:51 PM, LaForge wrote: I just found out Naruto kind of sucks

Someone is a little slow.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-04 23:25:12 Reply

At 2/4/11 08:13 AM, MrAngel wrote: I would like to try out some new anime. I'm drawn towards ones with intricate plots, a lot of magic, blade work and martial arts,

This is kind of wide open in terms of what you're drawn to, but I think I can help you out here.

I would suggest watching FMA {original series or Brotherhood, doesn't matter, both of them are good.} Both of them offer a lot of action, twist and turns and all that good stuff, so that something worth checking out.

In terms of martial arts, Hokuto No Ken {Fist of the North Star} is an obvious choice, It's over 25 years old, and it still is just as bloody and just as amazing.

If you're looking for something newer, then Baki the Grappler might be a good choice, even though I have only seen a few episodes of it, I would gladly suggest watching BTG. Also, History's Greatest Disciple is pretty good, and much more lighthearted than the other 2, but still have many interesting fights.

I don't know too many "blade work" anime, but the 2 that I know of off the top of my head would be Samurai Champloo and Soul Eater. Champloo is more of a "traditional" {and I use that loosely} sword fighting type of show, with a hip-hop edge to it, although it doesn't have a very deep plot to it. Soul Eater is much more of the over the top, zany action anime, but it does have a good plot to it, and it's not taken too seriously, if at all.

It's been a while since I've checked in on things in this thread, is there a membership requirement or is it open post as long as you're on topic?

It's an open post, and of course it's got to be anime/manga related, we don't need to be dealing with spammers and stuff like that, and I'll keep it at that.

BBS Signature
MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-04 23:33:02 Reply

At 2/4/11 11:25 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Long explanation of anime that made me facepalm at my inexperience.

I very much appreciate the insight. I do alot of work with computers so having to find stuff to do with my spare time is a second nature. I will check those all out. though the only one's I've ever heard of were soul eater and Samurai Champloo. I kinda had a derp moment in my insomnia, which is by the way 36 hours strong now, and forgot I've watched bleach, Code Geoss, Zatch Bell, Yu Yu hakasho, and ... yu-gi-oh and sonic x with my little brother.

It's an open post, and of course it's got to be anime/manga related, we don't need to be dealing with spammers and stuff like that, and I'll keep it at that.

I noticed Mr Muffins not so sweet, i'll mod you to death side

I'll never eat a muffin again, i swear. By the way BBM, I'm just kidding.

BBS Signature
steph2568
steph2568
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-04 23:45:34 Reply

I really liked Gurren Lagann. But I was sad when Kamina died. He was awesome.
Time to watch Cowboy Bebop now.

<3

BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-05 11:21:44 Reply

At 2/4/11 11:45 PM, steph2568 wrote: I really liked Gurren Lagann. But I was sad when Kamina died. He was awesome.

Cool spoilers, bro.

Time to watch Cowboy Bebop now.

Spike dies.

PinkRose11
PinkRose11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-05 16:44:14 Reply

May I join? Im an Otaku... :3

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-05 22:56:14 Reply

At 2/4/11 11:45 PM, steph2568 wrote: I really liked Gurren Lagann. But I was sad when Kamina died. He was awesome.

Spoiler alert much?

*Potential Spoilers*

A lot of people seem to have a problem with Kamina dying in episode 8, because the story would have been crappy without him, and so on and so forth. The best way I can say this is that Kamina is the foundation to Simon and the story in general, but TTGL is about Simon's destiny to be from a hen pecked wimp who lives underground, to the ultimate badass who doesn't need the laws of physics becasue he has fighting spirit. In layman's terms, Simon is the main dynamic character, everyone else is along for the ride, so to speak.

BBS Signature
Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-06 01:11:48 Reply

Whoever thought Kamina should have survived completely misses the entire point of the show. It's a coming of age story about self-improvement, and a tribute to all things SR/Mecha, including it's tropes and cliches. It was clear from the start that Simon relied too much on Kamina to save his own hide, he never would have been able to step out of his shadow if that never happened.

If he lived, Simon would have most likely continued to be a timid coward.

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2011-02-06 12:52:44 Reply

At 2/6/11 01:11 AM, Mendou wrote: If he lived, Simon would have most likely continued to be a timid coward.

pretty much. then again, who knows. maybe he would've gone the same route regardless and they would've done x2 better.

watching the little movie is much better though. straight to the point and skips a lot of the non essential parts.

also, get the fuck on skype more god damn.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature