00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,807,392 Views | 59,819 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-19 17:38:29

At 7/19/11 01:40 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Akira.

I've wanted to get the Bluray of that for a long time, but I've never seen it being sold in any stores.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-19 19:02:44

God damn Ikoku Meiro No Croisée is just so nice. It's like enjoying a small chocolate bar at the end of the day.

Are all moe shows like this.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-19 19:05:44

At 7/19/11 03:01 AM, Alex12345269 wrote: Finished episode 312 of One Piece. I now have a newfound love for the series.

tears of joy

Speaking of which I finally checked out the Manga I gotta say I underestimated how great this series really is. Luffy almost reminds me of a less annoying version of Naruto too.

So far I got up to the part where they introduce Alvida and now that I think of it I might have seen that episode long ago. Seriously just look at her! She makes Americans look anorexic

Yeah I'm a bit of a newfag :P

Anime Club

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 01:15:34

And done with this week's batch. Madoka was a winner while Twenty Faces had to go and troll on only the sixth episode and hijack it onto a not so glorious direction, Shigofumi's main plot subtracted too much, and Red Garden was, well, Red Garden. Next up: Noein, Ga-rei Zero + Aoi Bungaku, and Kurenai + Requiem from the Darkness.
And in other news,
Fall season looks pretty swell. Fate/Zero, Persona 4, Horizon, and Mirai Nikki (since I was going to read the manga anyway) are a given for me, while I'll give UN-GO, Guilty Crown, Mouretsu Pirates, and Shana III (if the previous seasons hook me in) a try. By the way, how does Bakuman compare to its manga?

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 01:40:48

At 7/20/11 01:18 AM, razorbladesigh wrote: Also(Main reason for posting tbh), please explain to me where I should start watching Ghost In the Shell: SAC, as in which episode and/or movie should I watch first?

Go watch SAC and then the 2nd Gig.

You don't really need to watch the movie to understand SAC, but it's still worth a watch. I'm not sure about Innocence (sequel to first movie) because I haven't seen it. The original manga is alright from the bits I read, so read that when you're finished with both TV series and films.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 02:02:45

At 7/20/11 01:15 AM, Edward wrote:
Fall season looks pretty swell.

A new Lupin III tv show would be nicer then yet another tv special/movie. Persona 4 and Gundam AGE are my other picks, fall looks really weak since the only interesting shows are sequels/ ones based off of already established works.

Boring, but unsurprised.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 05:02:25

At the mo I'm only really interested in Lupin III and Shinryaku! Ika Musume, but like all the seasons, I'll wait until ANN have released their first looks so I can have someone decide for me what I want to watch because I'm a brain-dead dullard. Never played any of the persona games or watched the previous stuff so I'm alright without that for the moment I think, and I'm even not really sure about Lupin III anyway, since I've only watched the Miyazaki movie, and should probably watch the original series before I jump in to any new material anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 09:42:26

wow this club is huge!

I want to be a member...

The best anime:

- One Piece
- FairyTail
- Naruto

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 11:20:44

At 7/20/11 05:02 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: and should probably watch the original series before I jump in to any new material anyway.

Lupin III specials/tv shows and movies are all more or less stand alone creations. You can jump into anything in the franchise without losing much since the only reoccurring characters are the Lupin gang and Zenigata.

That said, it's always a good choice to check out the original tv series. It's around on the net, and actually recently just got a very nice new 'remaster', much cleaner and crisp then the old files. Miyazaki also directed several episodes, so it's a nice little look at animation history.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 14:18:12

At 7/20/11 09:42 AM, z017 wrote: wow this club is huge!

I want to be a member...

The best anime:

- One Piece
- FairyTail
- Naruto

Haha you are a funny person I like you.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 14:30:10

At 7/20/11 02:18 PM, SomaGuye wrote:

Haha you are a funny person I like you.

Only listed three shows and he already has better taste then you'll ever have.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 14:31:40

MAY I JOIN

You only live once...YOLO

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 14:52:24

I would so watch an anime based on this,

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 15:37:48

At 7/20/11 02:18 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Haha you are a funny person I like you.
At 7/20/11 02:30 PM, Mendou wrote: Only listed three shows and he already has better taste then you'll ever have.

Hehe!

When I saw this series I try to release my secrets powers....

Some day...

Some day...

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 16:31:50

At 7/20/11 03:37 PM, z017 wrote: Hehe!

When I saw this series I try to release my secrets powers....

Some day...

Some day...

God damn it Mendou do you see what you've done.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-20 22:48:25

DAT EPISODE 44 OF MONSTER

I was like whaaaaaaaa?

I'm really getting into it now and there's still a good chunk of the show to go

I hope they find a good way to cap it all off.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-21 11:39:38

On ep. 18 of Kaleido Star. This shit's getting intense.

lol you mad, yuri? you fucking mad bro.

At 7/21/11 06:53 AM, Confucianism wrote: May I join your whimsical group?

Yep.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-21 21:01:15

I actually got around to watching all of Michiko to Hatchin. cool show. I just started Hundred Stories, and Jesus are the translator's notes annoying. They're not always necessary. For example, instead of having the subtitles read "She's a kitsune (translator's note: 'Kitsune' means 'fox')" Just have it say "She's a fox." Still, it's pretty neat so far, and the art style is unique. I also watched Murder Princess. meh. What interested me was the action. The plot and dialogue and whatnot is uninteresting and boring, and it needed more action. Other than that, I've been watching the occasional Golgo 13 episode. I sure wish I could get Redline.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-22 00:04:02

At 7/21/11 09:01 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I just started Hundred Stories, and Jesus are the translator's notes annoying.

Good thing I'm going with the dub for the aspect ratio, though those kind of things don't bother me much.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-22 12:23:04

At 7/21/11 11:39 AM, towelie101 wrote: lol you mad, yuri? you fucking mad bro.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKING FAGGGOTT

ALL OF MY GODDAMN RAGE

What a fucking prick, seriously.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-22 15:08:10

Just finished season one of KS. FUCKING AWESOME. JUST AWESOME.

Highly recommend this amazing show, and it's pretty much an instant favorite of mine.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-22 15:40:24

If Mawaru Penguindrum does nothing else it has helped me find a fuckawesome band.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-22 16:41:16

At 7/22/11 03:08 PM, towelie101 wrote: Just finished season one of KS. FUCKING AWESOME. JUST AWESOME.

QUICKLY! Remind me what KS means and provide links to the first episode! NO, I will not look at your older posts, JUST DO IT!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-22 16:53:11

At 7/22/11 04:41 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 7/22/11 03:08 PM, towelie101 wrote: Just finished season one of KS. FUCKING AWESOME. JUST AWESOME.
QUICKLY! Remind me what KS means and provide links to the first episode! NO, I will not look at your older posts, JUST DO IT!

Kaleido Star. He even says it on this page you nonce.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-22 17:00:10

Oh yeah, I also got a chance to read Tomino's MSG novels. Great read, but I'm not sure how much it deviates from the movie/TV series. Honestly, it's better than Starship Troopers (one of the influences for Gundam) which was more or less Heinlein lecturing about his political/military views with some alien war and shit as a backdrop; still a worthwhile read, though. His powered
armor/mech concept was the most interesting part of the novel. At least Tomino made a great blend/mix of genres (military/politics/action/sci-fi/etc) without completing forcing his opinions/views like Heinlein did.

The whole crew of Pegasus/White Base is awesome, especially Bright. The original Gundam was a fucking beast, and Amuro is a great pilot.

I'll get around to watching more UC stuff later (hell, Gundam in general); I've just got a bunch of other shows to watch.

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-23 00:24:17

I'd like to join your chinese cartoon club

some of my PERSONAL favourites

-Goldenboy
-Hajime no Ippo
-GTO
-Akira

as for me the only recent show I've been really keeping up with is nichijou and I found it great even though there are few annoying characters here and there. I've also finished level E recently and I love it to bits

as for manga I've been reading sun ken rock and that shit is so damn good

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-23 04:40:13

What are you guys watching this summer? Most of the summer stuff looked shit but I am liking Usagi Drop, Steins; Gate, Nichijou, and Blood-C. I will probably drop Blood-C soon though its destroying my image of Saya. Really like how Nichijou had some of the characters meet each other finally. Also they seem to be developing the characters even more whic I really like. Probably the best show this season its too bad its saies suck so it wont get a s2.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-23 10:41:48

Just finished the second series of Aria, not sure if it really needed twenty six episodes, it dragged a bit in the middle, but there were some fantastic episodes, the first series was really just an introduction and now we get the character development, especially of Aika. Of course I loved the art, the soundtrack was pitch perfect, and even the little things like how there wasn't an OP animation, rather it was just more of the episode. Looking forward to finishing off, I hear the 3rd series is very good.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-23 12:52:58

At 7/23/11 04:40 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: What are you guys watching this summer?

I haven't really watched any series in a long time, but I've been trying to pick up some movies. I already watched Summer Wars, which was pretty good. I'm also going to buy Paprika when I get the chance. I was interested in it as soon as I heard that it inspired Christopher Nolan to make Inception. Also, the Ghost in the Shell Bluray is pretty cheap, so I think I'll get that too since I'm long overdue to watch it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2011-07-23 14:18:14

Yea fair enough all those mentioned movies are great. Locally they actually sell Paprika in every Safeway I have been in so it shouldn't be that hard to find. I had no clue Paprika was some of the inspiration behind Inception though. I am not a huge Inception fan and I think the whole movie was blown out of proportion. I really didn't find it difficult to understand at all the effects where pretty cool though. I will have to look in to that a little more. It's funny when super popular movies are inspired my anime since a lot of normalfags that love those movies think all anime is gay.

BBS Signature