JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 6/27/09 10:53 AM, Kurofelis wrote:
I sort of wonder why Leeron would still pull his fruit voice in the middle of a crisis, like, say, in the last episode's epic fight scene.

Because the Japanese have no word for "political correctness"

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
kidd25
kidd25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 11:10 PM Reply

lupin abridge is as i close to lupin i can get... but whats THIS XBOX LIVE HAS IT!

me xbox is down

hunter x hunter- read and seen

trigun still the best.

BBS Signature
uchiha666
uchiha666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 11:36 PM Reply

do you guys mind if i join this little club? im currently watching Hellsing and i love code Geass, naruto, digimon (oh the nostalgia) and DBZ.

thanks for the sig Makeshift!
GT = BD Lelouch

BBS Signature
kidd25
kidd25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 11:45 PM Reply

DBZ really great but i prefor DB when goku was a little and weak, and had so much free time on his hands.

BBS Signature
Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 04:20 AM Reply

At 6/29/09 11:45 PM, kidd25 wrote: DBZ really great but i prefor DB when goku was a little and weak, and had so much free time on his hands.

Ahem.

NU UH! DBGT was totally the best!!!!!@!23214y7791t!

Sometimes, I sicken myself.

I am attempting to watch Code Geass, despite the fact that it was described to me as "Death Note with big robots" but there have been some issues with my copy.

BBS Signature
kidd25
kidd25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 12:25 PM Reply

At 6/30/09 04:20 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 6/29/09 11:45 PM, kidd25 wrote: DBZ really great but i prefor DB when goku was a little and weak, and had so much free time on his hands.
Ahem.

NU UH! DBGT was totally the best!!!!!@!23214y7791t!

... why did you do that my feeling are hurts. also i haven't .hack in a while and not the comptuer game one the other one.

BBS Signature
Firefoxrocks
Firefoxrocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 02:47 PM Reply

If there is no other solid topic going on...

I'm watching GaoGaiGar in its entirety. Aside from being extremely epic, it's one of the few Animes that I have seen where I can enjoy the Japanese Dubbing. Now I'm not one of those guys who hate everything not in the English language, but for most Japanese Dubbing, it hurts to listen to.

Opinions on GaoGaiGar anyone?

If you don't switch to Firefox, you are giving yourself over to IE and forcing yourself to live under its evil regime as a soulless zombie. No one wants that. No one.

BBS Signature
EnconXV
EnconXV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 6/30/09 04:20 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: I am attempting to watch Code Geass, despite the fact that it was described to me as "Death Note with big robots" but there have been some issues with my copy.

Haha, Death Note with big robots...Yeah, that's a pretty accurate description.

Well, I don't have much to say except that I'm thirty episodes into Gundam ZZ. I haven't been watching much except that and Kaiji, but I haven't been watching much of that. All things considered, I'm really liking this series. The first episodes were really tedious to watch and all the SLAPSTICK FUNNY FUN was almost rage-inducing, but soon all that just went away and the plot started getting good. It is no Zeta Gundam, but it's not bad. It's just not bad.

Firefoxrocks
Firefoxrocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 1st, 2009 @ 11:03 PM Reply

Wait, both Bill Mays and Michal Jackson dead of a heart attack in the course of a couple days....
You don't think....

If you don't switch to Firefox, you are giving yourself over to IE and forcing yourself to live under its evil regime as a soulless zombie. No one wants that. No one.

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:44 AM Reply

Shopping spreeeeeeeeeee :D

I got a Krauser II revoltech figure and a Great Mazinger model kit... now to buy shit to help me build it.

I also bought Final Fantasy V the OST, will listen to that soon.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 09:36 AM Reply

I finished Gantz yesterday, disappointing ending.
Started reading a pretty awesome manga called Shamo, its about a guy who murders his family and becomes a martial artist. Quite intense.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Jul. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:52 PM Reply

Wow, what the gay happened to this gayhole?

I'm about halfway through Escaflowne. It got a little more interesting. I still don't think it's the masterpiece that Mendou assured me it was. I finally saw Afro Samurai, which was fun to watch. Lupin III: the Secret of Mamo was awesome, and My neighbor Totoro was interesting and creative as any Miyazaki film would be. It got my baby niece's attention, too.

At 7/2/09 04:44 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I also bought Final Fantasy V the OST, will listen to that soon.

I got that along with VI OST when I got FF Anthology years ago. I still haven't beaten a single Final Fantasy game ever.

At 7/2/09 09:36 AM, DeIirium wrote: I finished Gantz yesterday, disappointing ending.

more like disappointing series. But yeah, what a shit ending. And my god, Kei was an annoying little bastard.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 3rd, 2009 @ 02:17 PM Reply

Gantz was actually alright imo, could have had less ecchi though. And they never explained what the fuck Gantz even was.

JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 4th, 2009 @ 12:36 AM Reply

I bought second semester of GTO and second Lupin III movie pack. :3 been on the lookout for those (kinda, haven't been at the anime shop for a while now), so I'm extremely happy.

Also found first manga volume of Dragonball and second volume of Dr Slump, as well as something called Mao Chan.

See how those go. :3

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
EnconXV
EnconXV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 7th, 2009 @ 02:42 PM Reply

Finally finished Gundam ZZ. Well...the show overall was enjoyable. I had very low expectations for this one since I'd heard from a lot of people that it was really awful (and for a moment it was...fucking Moon Moon people) but I actually thought it got pretty good after a few episodes. The final episodes were kind of meh, though...Not much to add there.

It could have been better, it could have been worse, but it's an ok series. Watch at your own risk.

Char's Counterataaaaaack? Where are youuuuuuuu?

mushroomn
mushroomn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 8th, 2009 @ 11:46 PM Reply

Hey I was wondering if I could have suggestions for some one who really enjoyed death note, the characters above anything else. It would really be appreciated! Thank you

Mushroomn. 6 years later it's kind of a dumbass name. Sorry about that

BBS Signature
JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2009 @ 01:56 AM Reply

At 7/9/09 12:08 AM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/8/09 11:46 PM, mushroomn wrote: Hey I was wondering if I could have suggestions for some one who really enjoyed death note, the characters above anything else. It would really be appreciated! Thank you
Monster

Or if you want to watch a real thriller, then watch Perfect Blue.

I second Perfect Blue.

I should watch it again when I'm in a movie mood.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2009 @ 06:56 AM Reply

Has anyone heard of the live-action version of Blood: The Last Vampire? Apparently it comes out in theaters tomorrow, but it's a limited release. I liked the anime Blood+, but I'm not all that interested in seeing this movie.

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2009 @ 07:13 AM Reply

At 7/8/09 11:46 PM, mushroomn wrote: Hey I was wondering if I could have suggestions for some one who really enjoyed death note, the characters above anything else. It would really be appreciated! Thank you

Kaiji
Akagi
Liar game(manga)
One outs

mushroomn
mushroomn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 9th, 2009 @ 10:37 AM Reply

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll be headin to netflix right now

Mushroomn. 6 years later it's kind of a dumbass name. Sorry about that

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club Jul. 13th, 2009 @ 09:26 PM Reply

I started reading the Berserk manga, and it seems to be even more violent than the series.
There´s also lots of rape. Even Guts gets raped at the age of 6 by a big black man.. Damn.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club Jul. 13th, 2009 @ 11:38 PM Reply

I'm losing my patience with Escaflowne. I've only got one more volume to watch, though. I'm pretty disappointed in this show. Now, I'm just watching it because I've gotten too far along to drop it.

I watched Pom Poko today. laughs were had. And I watched Afro Samurai Resurrection recently, which was...meh. The show was definitely better.

"I have twisted the most twisted mind with my twistedness"....what?
At 7/9/09 12:08 AM, Mendou wrote: Perfect Blue.

this. definitely this.

At 7/13/09 09:26 PM, DeIirium wrote: I started reading the Berserk manga, and it seems to be even more violent than the series.
There´s also lots of rape. Even Guts gets raped at the age of 6 by a big black man.. Damn.

I didn't think he was black.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
EnconXV
EnconXV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2009 @ 12:15 AM Reply

Watched Char's Counterattack. Pretty impresive film, could have used more battle scenes and less annoying characters (Quess, I'm looking at yooou!), but it was a good film overall.

I so want a Sazabi now.

Apart from that I haven't watched much except the usual Gundam stuff. I started The 08th MS Team a few days ago and I'm liking it. We finally get to see some of the action through the eyes of the regular soldiers and not special newtypes with ultrapowerful MS's.

Tyler888
Tyler888
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2009 @ 02:50 PM Reply

can i join?

If a Tree falls in the woods, does anyone other than the hippies really give a shit?
JAKENATOR85 AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME!

BBS Signature
Steak89
Steak89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2009 @ 04:01 PM Reply

I like ecchis more than anything else. I don't know why, it's just the lightheartedness and sexual humor that really gets me. Can anyone make recommendations for someone who thoroughly enjoyed Iketeru Futari? (anime or manga)

Userpage Webcomic
Some people choose an aura because it compliments their profile picture, you know.

BBS Signature
Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2009 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 7/14/09 04:01 PM, Steak89 wrote: I like ecchis more than anything else. I don't know why, it's just the lightheartedness and sexual humor that really gets me. Can anyone make recommendations for someone who thoroughly enjoyed Iketeru Futari? (anime or manga)

Are you talking about harem anime or not safe for work stuff?

BBS Signature
Steak89
Steak89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 14th, 2009 @ 11:52 PM Reply

Mostly harem, though I'm pretty sure IF wasn't harem. But ecchi can have some nudity and stuff in it that would sometimes put it in the NSFW category. I'm not talking hentai or anything.

Userpage Webcomic
Some people choose an aura because it compliments their profile picture, you know.

BBS Signature
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jul. 15th, 2009 @ 06:52 AM Reply

At 7/14/09 04:01 PM, Steak89 wrote: I like ecchis more than anything else. I don't know why, it's just the lightheartedness and sexual humor that really gets me. Can anyone make recommendations for someone who thoroughly enjoyed Iketeru Futari? (anime or manga)

If you haven't seen Urusei Yatsura, you should really look into it. It's a classic series by Rumiko Takahashi that spans 50 volumes in the TV version, 6 OVAs, and 6 movies, which you can find on Netflix.

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
keioss01
keioss01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jul. 16th, 2009 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 7/15/09 06:52 AM, MrTrivia wrote: If you haven't seen Urusei Yatsura, you should really look into it. It's a classic series by Rumiko Takahashi that spans 50 volumes in the TV version, 6 OVAs, and 6 movies, which you can find on Netflix.

as long as you've seen it, that's good enough.

~napkin smile!

BBS Signature
Robotussin
Robotussin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Anime Club Jul. 19th, 2009 @ 08:13 PM Reply

Kawaii~

Anime Club

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm tumblr