00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,812,866 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-26 02:29:37

At 11/26/10 02:08 AM, towelie101 wrote: I guess I'll respond with a picture of my stats near the end of my True History (my first playthrough!). RAPEmaru is awesome.

Ranmaru is pretty mediocre, actually. Her attack is good, but her defense and level cap SUCK SHIT. Katsuie is the only unit you start with that remains good throughout the entire game.

If you want a good warrior unit, you can't go wrong with Kenshin. Kenshin-route Kenshin becomes so overly powered, it's not even funny. Just give her an Emperor item and she'll pretty much be able to take care of things by herself.

Shimazu Yoshihisa is also probably the best foot soldier you can recruit. He's pretty much a buffed Teru, who is by her own right ridiculously powerful. The rest of the Shimazu brothers are all pretty decent. Even Agireda, who can only be cleared in True route, is really good. Kazuhisa can do ridiculous amounts of damage and Toshihisa is probably the best Musketeer you can get without using Working Bee on Yuzumi. I never liked Iehisa though. Ai, Uruza, and Tourin are all far better.

The entire Mouri house is worth recruiting too, with Motonari being a beast in dungeons when he's cursed and a beast in field battles when uncursed. Teru equipped with Tonbo-giri can pretty much one shot most units (I even wiped Tokugawa without it). Chinu is probably the only other Miko besides Natori worth recruiting, thanks to her usefulness in dungeons. Her poisoning ability is pretty useless unless you're playing on higher difficulties. Kiku is also a really good ninja being only beaten by Kousaka Yoshikage, thanks to his Furinkazan ability, and Gekkou, who is the best ninja BY FAR, as Kanami only has speed, Ryoma is just average and leaves you if you clear Yuzuru or Mine, and Suzume being pretty shitty even though you're stuck with her. Inukai is good, but his special ability is pretty useless late game.

I would also recommend using a team of Kenshin, Uruza, and a random monk with Restore Action 1 (Not Restore Action 2 cause it makes this useless) in a field battle. Kenshin's ability drains action points from all enemies, Uruza's Accurate Shot takes away another action point, and you use the monk to restore actions to Uruza so she can keep using Accurate Shot or Kenshin so she can abuse her Commander Charge. You essentially end up fighting a bunch of statues who can only counter attack. You can add Natori to this too and have her use her ability, which drains 30% of the enemies total HP, and wipe whole armies. This tactic was very useful and I would use it if I were you.

This is my team for True Route.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-26 03:11:22

At 11/26/10 02:29 AM, Odio wrote: Ranmaru is pretty mediocre, actually. Her attack is good, but her defense and level cap SUCK SHIT. Katsuie is the only unit you start with that remains good throughout the entire game.

I don't know about you, but when I first played it, I found it amazing when she killed 1800+ troops (these were the [demon] monsters, so perhaps they had low defense).

text

I'll keep all of that in mind for any future games/routes. Though I'll consider getting the Mouri family for the current route I'm doing.

Thanks for all of the advice again.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-26 03:35:05

At 11/26/10 12:02 AM, Edward wrote:
At 11/25/10 05:47 PM, towelie101 wrote: Sengoku Rance is so fun. I've just finished playing it for 6 hours straight and Orochi is a fucking cunt to beat (he has 9999HP, so it's justified). I guess I'll skip out on him for now and beat another country.
I remembered playing all the way into 5 in the morning once. That Orochi is quite the slippery one indeed.

It wasn't Rance, but I've played Persona 4 for at least 10-12 hours in one sitting. I don't really regret doing that because P4 was such a great game.

Snorlax used Rest!
Snorlax fell asleep!

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 01:17:58

I have been completely and utterly absorbed by Berserk

I must have read at least 4 chapters in today alone

The art is so good and it's so strangely engrossing i just can't turn away

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 11:17:00

At 11/26/10 03:35 AM, towelie101 wrote: I've played Persona 4 for at least 10-12 hours in one sitting. I don't really regret doing that because P4 was such a great game.

I've done that with both Persona 4 and Persona 3 FES. To be honest, it didn't even feel like a long time because I was so engaged into the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 11:21:46

At 11/27/10 01:17 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: I have been completely and utterly absorbed by Berserk

I don't know how long Berserks chapters are but I read over 300 chapters of Gantz in a day.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 14:18:08

At 11/27/10 11:21 AM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 11/27/10 01:17 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: I have been completely and utterly absorbed by Berserk

I don't know how long Berserks chapters are but I read over 300 chapters of Gantz in a day.

So far all of Berserk's chapters are about 200 pages each

But dude, 300 chapters of anything in one day is a bit much

Even if it's something as awesome as Gantz

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 14:23:23

Well, I've DESTROYED Mouri's army. They only have seven commanders and two territories left in my game; I've done this kind of thing before against One-Eye (they only had ten left in by the time I beat them). I'll definitely get his daughters, but I'm not too sure about Mouri himself although I have lifted his curse. I'm not gonna be able to clear them either because Mouri never did his challenge. Completed the Road of Hades dungeon, too, and gave the Emperor's Sword to Kenshin.

How the hell do you get Kojika anyway? That was one of the reasons I never completely defeated Mouri. I was waiting for the last event to occur at Senkan Nagato (spelling?), but it never came after turns and turns of battlan and stuffs.

Senhime's at 8000 troops right now btw

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 14:33:07

At 11/27/10 02:18 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: So far all of Berserk's chapters are about 200 pages each

But dude, 300 chapters of anything in one day is a bit much

Even if it's something as awesome as Gantz

7500 pages is a lot if you say it like that, but the time really flew by.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 15:40:40

At 11/27/10 11:21 AM, SomaGuye wrote: I don't know how long Berserks chapters are but I read over 300 chapters of Gantz in a day.

Huh, same with me. I read all of Gantz until about chapter 326 in one day back in August or September this year. I think it's gone downhill somewhat, but not enough for me to drop it.

RESCUE MISSION: TAE-CHAN GO GO GO.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 16:01:17

At 11/27/10 03:40 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 11/27/10 11:21 AM, SomaGuye wrote: I don't know how long Berserks chapters are but I read over 300 chapters of Gantz in a day.
Huh, same with me. I read all of Gantz until about chapter 326 in one day back in August or September this year. I think it's gone downhill somewhat, but not enough for me to drop it.

I think it's only gotten better

The scale of everything just exploded and I think the scenarios are really suspenseful and more pertinent to the characters than just fighting to survive.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 16:47:11

At 11/27/10 04:01 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 11/27/10 03:40 PM, towelie101 wrote: Huh, same with me. I read all of Gantz until about chapter 326 in one day back in August or September this year. I think it's gone downhill somewhat, but not enough for me to drop it.

The scale of everything just exploded and I think the scenarios are really suspenseful and more pertinent to the characters than just fighting to survive.

True. It's gotten a little over-the-top, but that's expected from what was in the Osaka arc. I don't mind the idea of the Gantz machines being mass-produced and all -- it does contribute to a more bigger scheme.

Oh, and pic related for my post right here:

At 11/27/10 02:23 PM, towelie101 wrote:
Well, I've DESTROYED Mouri's army. They only have seven commanders....etc

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 19:09:16

At 11/27/10 04:47 PM, towelie101 wrote:
At 11/27/10 04:01 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 11/27/10 03:40 PM, towelie101 wrote: Huh, same with me. I read all of Gantz until about chapter 326 in one day back in August or September this year. I think it's gone downhill somewhat, but not enough for me to drop it.

True. It's gotten a little over-the-top, but that's expected from what was in the Osaka arc. I don't mind the idea of the Gantz machines being mass-produced and all -- it does contribute to a more bigger scheme.

The only part I haven't liked about this arc is the fucking KEI-CHAN TAE-CHAN back and forth that went on for like 15 chapters. Now that shit's over it's getting good again.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 20:02:44

I want MY van converted into one of these.

not really, I'd prefer a Sailor Moon motif

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-27 20:27:28

I watched some Togainu no chi, it has an interesting premise but it focuses too much on how homosexual all the characters are and not enough on elaborating on the story or developing the characters.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-28 13:22:37

Started Bubblegum Crisis and Kuragehime, and both are turning out to be fine so far.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-28 13:53:32

On that note about Kuragehime... why is it so appealing?

I mean, I'm obviously not part of its target audience (adult women), I can't really relate to any of the characters, and the whole situation of it is a bit weird, but I find myself wanting to see more and more of it. Is it because of the efforts of these otaku girls who just want to live peaceful lives? Or, is it the whole underlying idea about jellyfish?

Does anyone else feel this way?

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-28 19:45:51

I enjoy my fair share of animes.

Check da rools or watever, b niec. It should say always b a tough guy.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-29 01:03:01

At 11/27/10 02:23 PM, towelie101 wrote:
Well, I've DESTROYED Mouri's army. They only have seven commanders....etc

You have to kill Motonari in a field battle. He will ask the challenge as long as he has one territory left.

You also have to get Kiku to trust before you conquer Mori house or else she is unclearable.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-29 09:50:17

At 11/29/10 01:03 AM, Odio wrote: You have to kill Motonari in a field battle. He will ask the challenge as long as he has one territory left.

I guess I'll have to reload the save then. I went to quickly with the Shimazu brothers, anyway, so I'd like to try beating them without battle permits.

You also have to get Kiku to trust before you conquer Mori house or else she is unclearable.

Damn, I had like a squad of three people that had defeated warrior hunt, plus Shizuka's sticky ground, and I still didn't capture her in a battle.

I was playing another game of Alicesoft's, Big Bang Age, for a couple of hours and its combat system is a bad prototype for Sengoku Rance; nonetheless, it's still a great game albeit way more serious than Rance. I had to reload a couple of times because I realized some stuff about the game's 'system.' For example, moving characters in the list so they can heal because they aren't active units and a specific characters' BP pay; I got fucked up in the ass in debt by the latter because I didn't look at a character's pay.

Don't get Misugi, though, because his pay is 98. True, he's got great stats and is a FABULOUS BISHONEN, but that pay is fucking ridiculous.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-29 14:34:24

At 11/28/10 01:53 PM, firemaker60 wrote: On that note about Kuragehime... why is it so appealing?

I dunno, I just find it funny and refreshing. Reminds me of Welcome to the NHK because it's about people with unorthodox personalities.

Also, anyone here reading/watching Fairy Tale? Thinking about looking into that one.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-29 17:26:16

At 11/29/10 02:34 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 11/28/10 01:53 PM, firemaker60 wrote:
Also, anyone here reading/watching Fairy Tale? Thinking about looking into that one.

I love Fairy Tail

It's hard to put my finger on why exactly

It's standard Shonen fare for the most part but I think even if you don't like typical shonen like Naruto or One Piece you can enjoy the characters in Fairy Tail enough to keep going.

Not to mention it's constantly raising the bar for itself.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-29 17:38:10

Watching Hajime no Ippo.

Ippo is beta AS FUCK but king of the ring.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-30 12:52:31

At 11/29/10 05:26 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I love Fairy Tail

It's standard Shonen fare for the most part but I think even if you don't like typical shonen like Naruto or One Piece you can enjoy the characters in Fairy Tail enough to keep going.

Fairy Tail essentially IS OnePiece, style and character wise anyway. I hven't seen much anyway, I tried to like it but i coulldn't get into it.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-30 22:49:47

I love Fairy Tail

Well, if it is as good as you say it is, then maybe I should check it out when I get the chance. I'm not really big on Shonen anime as much as I was before, but this one may pique my interest.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-12-01 12:39:17

Recently started rewatching Eureka7 good series; great story line. I am definetly liking it better the second time around .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-12-01 17:12:50

At 11/30/10 12:52 PM, AxelTheNavy wrote:
Fairy Tail essentially IS OnePiece, style and character wise anyway. I hven't seen much anyway, I tried to like it but i coulldn't get into it.

They are definitely similar but I find Fairy Tail is fairly easy to get into compared to One Piece. Mainly because of how huge One Piece has become over the years.

Response to Anime Club 2010-12-01 20:54:45

At 12/1/10 05:12 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:

They are definitely similar but I find Fairy Tail is fairly easy to get into compared to One Piece. Mainly because of how huge One Piece has become over the years.

I'd probably get into it more, the first chunk of OP is slowly paced and ugly to look at.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-12-02 10:33:17

Reading Gunsmith Cats, it's great.

I'll probably read the rest of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure next, but since I'm so indecisive I might get something else instead.

Response to Anime Club 2010-12-03 02:04:18

I just made Renai Circulation my ringtone.

Fuck yeah.

BBS Signature