New Topic Respond to this Topic
xpo20
xpo20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-08 01:08:48 Reply

Hey, can I join? I've watched, and am watching, at least 20 animes. You could've watched anything you liked on hulu.com, and animefreak.tv. they are some of the best things for anime, along with gogoanime.com. Im watching one piece on watch-onepiece.com every day in japanese. pure awesome.

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-08 02:27:37 Reply

At 7/8/10 01:08 AM, xpo20 wrote: Hey, can I join? I've watched, and am watching, at least 20 animes. You could've watched anything you liked on hulu.com, and animefreak.tv. they are some of the best things for anime, along with gogoanime.com. Im watching one piece on watch-onepiece.com every day in japanese. pure awesome.

Can you list some favourites?

I saw the Ergo Proxy DVD's at the store the other day, but they'd cost a bit much combined. I did buy a DVD of Millennium Actress. Satoshi Kon is Hayo Miyazaki for adults.

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-08 02:34:36 Reply

Hey guys, I never really had a big thing for anime, I mean, I know what's good and bad and just awful but I've never immersed myself in an anime before. I'm starting to now. I'm been watching Case Closed on YouTube, as I remember watching it often on [adult-swim] a while back and I'm so glad I got into it again. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone here. It has action, detective crime solving, romance, humor, and even drama.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-08 06:09:25 Reply

At 7/8/10 02:27 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: I saw the Ergo Proxy DVD's at the store the other day, but they'd cost a bit much combined. I did buy a DVD of Millennium Actress. Satoshi Kon is Hayo Miyazaki for adults.

Hayao Miyazaki is Hayao Miyazaki for adults.

That's a really dumb comparison. Their films aren't similar in any way, other than the fact that they're animated.

If I had to compare him with someone, I'd go with Satoshi Kon is the David Lynch of anime, or something like that. Maybe a cross between David Lynch and Alfred Hitchcock.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-08 06:14:53 Reply

At 7/6/10 09:59 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: No way, sonny. That was the mid 90's and earlier

Ultimate truth.

Ultimate Muscle. That show was something else. never really knew what to think of it. I also never really watched it much, but that was some weird stuff.

Haha, oh yeah, forgot about that show, nostalgia blast. That show was off the fucking wall and so strange. I loved it, though. Thanks for jogging my memory.

HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-09 21:28:15 Reply

Sheesh... Someone's either a major pussy or a bald-face liar.
Seriously, some mother is claiming her son is in therapy after reading just one chapter of Gantz.
What has this world come to?

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-09 21:59:34 Reply

I ended up watching the first episode of High School of the Dead today. I've seen a lot of people talk about it online, so I was pretty curious to watch it. Surprisingly, it's actually a pretty decent show. I know zombies have been extremely overused recently, but the show is really entertaining if you ignore the fact that there have been way too many zombie movies and games released in the last few years.

The only real problem with the show is its overuse of fanservice. I'm sure a lot of people like it, but to me it feels like they're trying way too hard to make the show edgy. There's only been one episode released so far, so it's hard to say if it's a good series or not. I'll definatly check out the other episodes as they come out to see whether or not the show is actually good.

BBS Signature
kidd25
kidd25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 00:22:23 Reply

shadow, try and find the highschool of dead manga, a sweet read/ and by the way the fanservice stay's about the same through out the show, in other words as much fanservice rosario + vampire/

BBS Signature
brian321
brian321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 02:06:45 Reply

omg just heard about Inuyasha The Final Act so great

i'm better than you just move on

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 02:19:35 Reply

At 7/10/10 02:06 AM, brian321 wrote: omg just heard about Inuyasha The Final Act so great

Seriously? They're gonna end the Simpsons of anime? Seriously, how many episodes does Inuyasha have? It's ridiculous. Even if it was good, I wouldn't be able to watch it all in my wildest dreams.

brian321
brian321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 03:23:38 Reply

At 7/10/10 02:19 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 7/10/10 02:06 AM, brian321 wrote: omg just heard about Inuyasha The Final Act so great
Seriously? They're gonna end the Simpsons of anime? Seriously, how many episodes does Inuyasha have? It's ridiculous. Even if it was good, I wouldn't be able to watch it all in my wildest dreams.

the mangas already done but i haven't finished it yet only on chp 379 and its a really great anime and manga

i'm better than you just move on

Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 11:45:36 Reply

At 7/10/10 11:18 AM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/10/10 02:19 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:

Seriously? They're gonna end the Simpsons of anime?
I wouldn't really call it that. Their are much longer series out there than Inuyasha.

Also, calling it "the Simpsons of anime" implies that the show was ever good, so it's not really a fair title for it.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 15:26:22 Reply

anyone here seen the anime series of Devil My Cry?

AD BLOCKER | SCRIPT BLOCKER | ACM | CNET | TOM'S HARDWARE
For all you IT news and support.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 15:39:08 Reply

At 7/10/10 03:29 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/10/10 03:26 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: anyone here seen the anime series of Devil My Cry?
I saw the first episode, laughed, and never pursued it. I have a question for you that might make me try it again though: Is Virgil in it?

Virgil is so fucking badass. Like, on par with Zaraki Kenpachi or Alucard.

vergil was awesome shit he was badass in DMC3 speacial edition when you could play him

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 15:49:55 Reply

At 7/10/10 03:41 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/10/10 02:48 PM, LaForge wrote:

I will mourn this loss by sayingit's about damned time.

InuYasha will finally fuck Kagome
Are you some kind of fucking pervert?

well it is true in Inuyasha: the Final Act you wouldn't believe how many kids Sango and Miroku have.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 16:04:00 Reply

At 7/10/10 03:59 PM, Mendou wrote: Man, bunch of sexual deviants in this thread.

Your mothers would be ashamed.

oh well.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 17:03:25 Reply

At 7/10/10 04:44 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/10/10 03:41 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/10/10 02:48 PM, LaForge wrote:

I will mourn this loss by sayingit's about damned time.

InuYasha will finally fuck Kagome
Are you some kind of fucking pervert?
Your sensibilities are way too sensitive, Mendou. Grow a pair.

LOL now that was uncalled for.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 17:16:15 Reply

At 7/10/10 03:26 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: anyone here seen the anime series of Devil My Cry?
I saw the first episode, laughed, and never pursued it. I have a question for you that might make me try it again though: Is Virgil in it?

It's Vergil, and no, he's not in it, and neither is any other villain from the games.

I started watching Rainbow today, and it's really good. One of the best animes that i have seen. Everybody here should watch it.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 17:23:33 Reply

At 7/10/10 05:16 PM, DeIirium wrote:

It's Vergil,

its true translaed version form italy is Virgil.

and no, he's not in it, and neither is any other villain from the games.

Special edition DMC3 you play as him with his own style and what not but there is no story plot for him though.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 17:35:04 Reply

At 7/10/10 05:23 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/10/10 03:26 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:

But his name is Vergil. I don't know if they thought it sounded cooler, or if they just screwed it up, kind of like how Belial is called Berial in DMC4.

and no, he's not in it, and neither is any other villain from the games.
Special edition DMC3 you play as him with his own style and what not but there is no story plot for him though.

Relevant? But i enjoyed playing as him in DMC3.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 17:44:21 Reply

At 7/10/10 05:35 PM, DeIirium wrote:
At 7/10/10 05:23 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/10/10 03:26 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
But his name is Vergil. I don't know if they thought it sounded cooler, or if they just screwed it up, kind of like how Belial is called Berial in DMC4.

they wanted to americanize it thought people would learn by know thats how video games and anime works when it comes to america.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 18:13:51 Reply

At 7/10/10 06:13 PM, LaForge wrote: I have one question about DMC3: Special Edition and then I'll drop the subject.

In the original, you had to fight against Virgil on two occasions. In when playing as Virgil in SE, do you still fight Virgil? Is it like a mirror-match?

yeah I think so or you fight dante I cant remember its been a year since I played.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-10 18:28:13 Reply

At 7/10/10 06:13 PM, LaForge wrote: I have one question about DMC3: Special Edition and then I'll drop the subject.

In the original, you had to fight against Virgil on two occasions. In when playing as Virgil in SE, do you still fight Virgil? Is it like a mirror-match?

Yes, you fight Vergil, and not Dante.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-11 09:04:27 Reply

Finished off Soul Eater, in record time.

I need to stop finding ways to procrastinate from work.

It was pretty good. It dropped in quality a bit in the last 10 or 15 episodes when the pacing went a bit haywire, but I'm still reasonably satisfied.

I do have a large problem with the final episodes. I'm not going to spoil anything in this paragraph, but suffice it to say they try to cram too many ideas into a short space of time which leaves all of them under developed.

As an example:

SPOILER:

In the final episode where we find out that Maka can also change into a weapon. Then the bad guy says "Oh, you can change into a weapon? That's cool, but that can't beat me either." Then she stops being a weapon and no more mention is made of this ability. It feels like that's something that should have been developed.

ALSO SPOILER:

Also the Black Star warrior path/demon path thing, which came out of nowhere and ended out of nowhere.

END SPOILERS

They also try to cram in a bunch of stuff that I didn't care about, which often enough took up too much time.

SPOILER:

The RPG-esque magic item hunt felt a little forced. And then it didn't really end up amounting to anything.

END SPOILER

My opinions of the series went basically in this order:

"Sub-par anime series"
"Good anime series"
"Great anime series"
"Good anime series"
"Pretty good anime series"

I read that somewhere around the 35th episode the anime departed from the manga, which might explain the drop in quality. Of course I'm not going to pursue the manga because I can't stand reading action scenes in black and white.

I'd like them to make another season of it some time. There were a lot of questions left unanswered, plots left unresolved, and a lot of room for development in all of the characters.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-11 17:50:23 Reply

i got ponyo for my birthday, and watched it with my dad last night.

still so damn cute.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-11 19:42:45 Reply

At 7/11/10 05:50 PM, JadeTheAssassin wrote: i got ponyo for my birthday, and watched it with my dad last night.

still so damn cute.

yah it's fucking awesome but i'd never watch it with my dad bro

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-11 22:33:34 Reply

At 7/11/10 05:50 PM, JadeTheAssassin wrote: i got ponyo for my birthday, and watched it with my dad last night.

still so damn cute.

It's a nice change of pace from the ultra violence, boob jiggles and zen facist refrences. Of course, anything directed by Miyazaki will be awesome, and have a good message along with it.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-11 23:45:54 Reply

At 7/11/10 11:37 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/11/10 10:59 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: I heard Elfen Lyed is possibly the scariest anime ever,
It's probably the most frighting and haunting show that I have ever seen, one that I will never forget.

Mainly because it horrifies me how many people actually think it's a 'deep' series.

I think the other side of the scale is just as bad. Okay it's not the masterpiece that some people claim it is, but it's not the steaming pile of shit a lot of other people make it out to be.

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-12 06:41:09 Reply

At 7/12/10 12:21 AM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/11/10 11:45 PM, SomaGuye wrote:

but it's not the steaming pile of shit a lot of other people make it out to be.
Nah, it's just a steaming pile of shit.

I should have been watching something better at the time, like Votoms, which I'm doing right now.

Ugh, could we not bring up that fucking awful abomination of anime that is Elfen Lied after I saw this.

Votoms is something I should watch, also League of Galactic Heroes.

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-07-12 07:26:30 Reply

At 7/12/10 06:41 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:
At 7/12/10 12:21 AM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/11/10 11:45 PM, SomaGuye wrote:

Ugh, could we not bring up that fucking awful abomination of anime that is Elfen Lied after I saw this.

Damn that was stupid. Another reason to dislike that website. Lucy has no personality at all. It was obvious that he didn't know what he was talking about. Tetsuo definitely isn't somebody that i would call a badass character, but he's developed much better than Lucy, and his powers are much more immense. So i wonder what he was thinking when he put Tetsuo at 8 and then somebody like Lucy at 1.