Wesleyiam
Wesleyiam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-04-30 16:21:15 Reply

At 4/29/10 09:18 PM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 4/29/10 09:06 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: If you like comedy anime, then I suggest Azumanga Daioh. It's one of those extremely random style shows like Lucky Star, but done a lot better.
I'll check that out in about 7GB from now. (about... 3-4 hours?) Thanks for your recommendation.

Now in return, here is my all-time favorite anime, It's called Eve No Jikan
(aniDB description)
Due to the Robot Ethical Committee, people take it for granted to treat robots as electronic appliances. However, because of their human appearance, except for the halos above their heads, some humans - called "dori-kei" (android-style) - are becoming too attracted to these androids, and this is causing new social problems.

Rikuo has been taught to treat androids the way he does since he was a child, he does not think of androids as human beings, and uses them as useful tools. One day, he discovers that ominous words were recorded in home-android Sammy's activity log:

"Are you enjoying the time of EVE?"

Tracing her footsteps with his friend Masaki, they arrive at a strange cafe that has put up the slogan not to discriminate between human beings and androids.

Wow, I really really like that art style. The lighting and shading look great to me. I'll check it out.

In return, check out cromartie high school. Think of detroit metal city in high school. And less metal.

You now realize that after watching anime you use the phrases "It can't be helped" and "in any case" more than you should

It can never be helped.

Haven't really been keeping up with the new season this past week. I've been watching a lot of slayers and I'm in the middle of the second season right now.

It's 5 again, the air is thin.
No sunlight through my window.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 00:55:25 Reply

At 5/1/10 12:46 AM, korg53 wrote: Only for those who have a strong stomach.

After reading some guro comics, I feel like nothing in manga nor anime could disgust me.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Wesleyiam
Wesleyiam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 12:21:00 Reply

I'm currently keeping up with ichiban daimaou, maid sama, hakukuoi shinsengungumi, fma brotherhood, angel beats, rainbow, durarara, k-on, working, heroman, giant killing, yojouhan shinwa, senko no night raid, b gata h kei, house of five leaves, arakawa under the bridge, one piece, fairy tail, hitman reborn, and dragonball kai. That's 20, 21 if you count katanagatari.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't watch every episode on the day it airs. I'm actually pretty behind right now. Best on that list is rainbow, night raid or shinsengumi. Worst is hitman reborn. I just keep watching because I'm caught up on the latest episode. Same goes for one piece.

It's 5 again, the air is thin.
No sunlight through my window.

BBS Signature
Deleric
Deleric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 14:41:54 Reply

At 5/1/10 12:55 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 5/1/10 12:46 AM, korg53 wrote: Only for those who have a strong stomach.
After reading some guro comics, I feel like nothing in manga nor anime could disgust me.

Erm, ever tried Elfen Lied?

At 5/1/10 12:21 PM, Wesleyiam wrote: I'm currently keeping up with ichiban daimaou, maid sama, hakukuoi shinsengungumi, fma brotherhood, angel beats, rainbow, durarara, k-on, working, heroman, giant killing, yojouhan shinwa, senko no night raid, b gata h kei, house of five leaves, arakawa under the bridge, one piece, fairy tail, hitman reborn, and dragonball kai. That's 20, 21 if you count katanagatari.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't watch every episode on the day it airs. I'm actually pretty behind right now. Best on that list is rainbow, night raid or shinsengumi. Worst is hitman reborn. I just keep watching because I'm caught up on the latest episode. Same goes for one piece.

I'm loving Durarara and Ichiban Ushiro. I'm also watching Working, Angel Beats and K-On. This season's watchlist isn't as big for me as it is you, but I'm loving it.

...I miss 2007.

BBS Signature
Deleric
Deleric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 15:19:30 Reply

At 5/1/10 02:53 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 5/1/10 02:41 PM, Deleric wrote:

...I miss 2007.
Why 2007?

Also, I remembered that I'm like 3-4 episodes behind on Durarara, need to fix that sometime.

Code Geass, Lucky Star, TTGL, etc. That was a point where I would watch anime just cause it was anime.

BBS Signature
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 15:39:31 Reply

I watched the first few episodes of 1977 Yatterman and am so far disappointed.
I was expecting a barrage of naked boobs, but noooooo, the Dorombo gang wear undergarments!

I did watch episode 15 and see some innuendo, so I know there's more in store.

I also watched the second (couldn't find the first) episode of Lilpri and am both disappointed and disgusted.
The girls are played by Hello! Project Eggs (and former Shugo Chara Egg! members) Yuuka Maeda, Kanon Fukuda and Ayaka Wada, so I was expecting them not to suck, but evidently they sucked so bad when recording the opening theme that Auto-Tune was used!
DAMMIT TSUNKU, WORK WITH YOUR GIRLS, DON'T JUST WHORE THEM OUT AND HOPE FOR PERFECTION!

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 17:31:39 Reply

At 5/1/10 02:41 PM, Deleric wrote: Erm, ever tried Elfen Lied?

Yeah. I thought it was really boring.

The violence doesn't compare to seeing a girl (in a comic) get shot in the side of the head with a .44 Magnum, then proceeding to masturbate while fondling her brain matter.

BBS Signature
Deleric
Deleric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 21:05:11 Reply

At 5/1/10 05:31 PM, Aigis wrote:

The violence doesn't compare to seeing a girl (in a comic) get shot in the side of the head with a .44 Magnum, then proceeding to masturbate while fondling her brain matter.

Carry on then.

BBS Signature
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 22:32:10 Reply

At 5/1/10 05:31 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 5/1/10 02:41 PM, Deleric wrote: Erm, ever tried Elfen Lied?

How about Mai-chan's Daily Life?
That was fucked up enough to both turn my stomach and scar me for life.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-01 23:48:44 Reply

At 5/1/10 10:32 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: How about Mai-chan's Daily Life?
That was fucked up enough to both turn my stomach and scar me for life.

Hah. No.

I just thought that comic was hilarious.

"BABY FUCK BABY FUCK"

Trust me, there are far worse things out there.

BBS Signature
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-02 00:10:30 Reply

I just watched the first two episodes of the second season of K-ON! and can't say whether I like it or not.
I'm pretty much the same way as I was with the last season: on the edge of my seat waiting for a kickass song sequence but just getting a long string of moe crap.
I guess all there is to look forward to is the accompanying CDs...

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
Deleric
Deleric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-02 01:02:59 Reply

At 5/2/10 12:10 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: I'm pretty much the same way as I was with the last season: on the edge of my seat waiting for a kickass song sequence but just getting a long string of moe crap.

It's all moeblob now... it's starting to wear on me.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-02 18:38:50 Reply

Anyone remember that swell wedding scene in Ranma 1/2's anime?

Anime Club

HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-02 19:46:35 Reply

At 5/2/10 06:38 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Anyone remember that swell wedding scene in Ranma 1/2's anime?

Nope, never watched it.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-02 22:31:18 Reply

At 5/2/10 10:26 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 5/2/10 06:38 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Anyone remember that swell wedding scene in Ranma 1/2's anime?
You motherfucker.

I hate feeling left out

I bet i'm the only one here who doesn't know what's happening.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-02 23:24:43 Reply

At 5/2/10 10:54 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 5/2/10 10:31 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I bet i'm the only one here who doesn't know what's happening.
There was no wedding scene, even though those two characters(Akane and Ranma) were engaged ever since the beginning of the series.

The ending to Ranma 1/2 was fucking awful.

Awwwwww....

Sounds like major Anime Blue Ball to me

Pretty severe case of the ABB if you ask me

KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-02 23:48:52 Reply

At 5/2/10 11:38 PM, Mendou wrote:
Indeed, it's frustrating that the series had so many flaws, but I still have fond memories of the show.

Speaking of which...

How about that Inuyasha? Now that it has an anime conclusion, it means it could finally be regarded as a valid anime series once and for all.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-02 23:57:15 Reply

At 5/2/10 11:38 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 5/2/10 11:24 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
Indeed, it's frustrating that the series had so many flaws, but I still have fond memories of the show.

It's unfortunate the only thing I know of these series is that the main character turns into a chick in hot water

As for Inuyasha as Kermit mentioned. I always liked the show but could never watch all the episodes. I really wanted to know how it ends though.

HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-03 00:10:02 Reply

At 5/2/10 11:57 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: As for Inuyasha as Kermit mentioned. I always liked the show but could never watch all the episodes. I really wanted to know how it ends though.

Indeed. Did they finally reassemble the sacred jewel?

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-03 03:21:12 Reply

At 5/2/10 11:57 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: It's unfortunate the only thing I know of these series is that the main character turns into a chick in hot water

I thought it was surprisingly watchable for a while.

I watched a lot of it (one and a half seasons) in a relatively small space of time (a week or two), and then I got bored with it and stopped.

In the end it felt like the sort of show you should watch if it's on television, but I thought watching it in order really showed off the flaws of the series. It has a large amount of repeated jokes, and there's never really much inventiveness in the ideas for each episode.

Perhaps if I was watching it one episode a week it would have been better.

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-03 08:21:29 Reply

Is it completely sad I fell inlove with Peach Girl? I ALWAYS GET SUCKED INTO THESE MELODRAMA GIRLY FUCKING ANIMES. "OHH I LIKE YOU, BUT DON'T TOUCH ME FOR I AM CUTE AND INNOCENT AND HAVE ALOT OF WISDOM TO BRING TO THIS SHOW"

Signature made by Squidbit <3
Also known as MissAllanPoe
BOOP | Wonna Buy A Ghost? | DUCKSPIN

BBS Signature
ExplosiveOrange
ExplosiveOrange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-03 20:29:59 Reply

Hey, I'm ExplosiveOrange and I'm here to join your club.

My top ten Anime are (in no particular order):
1. Trigun
2. Hellsing
3. Battle Angel Alita
4. .Hack//Sign
5. Witch Hunter Robin
6. Ghost In The Shell
7. Black Lagoon
8. Slayers
9. Gungrave
10. Cromartie High School

loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-03 21:32:44 Reply

At 4/29/10 10:52 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 4/29/10 09:01 PM, loogiesquared wrote: and It must must must be something from 2005 or earlier.
Why?

I don't like older animes because of the animation styles. They remind me of the old Super Mario cartoons, and half the reason I watch anime is for the flashy effects.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-03 22:45:32 Reply

At 5/3/10 09:32 PM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 4/29/10 10:52 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 4/29/10 09:01 PM, loogiesquared wrote: and It must must must be something from 2005 or earlier.
Why?
I don't like older animes because of the animation styles. They remind me of the old Super Mario cartoons, and half the reason I watch anime is for the flashy effects.

That really doesn't explain why you didn't want anything from after 2005.

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-04 06:32:34 Reply

At 5/2/10 11:48 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: How about that Inuyasha? Now that it has an anime conclusion, it means it could finally be regarded as a valid anime series once and for all.

Haha, FUCK NO. I can't believe I wasted years keeping up with that show only to be proven right about the ending. That shit just went on and on and on. My god just end the thing. One of many series that has been milked to death only to be revived on many times and milked again. Let's not forget the movies either. How many seasons did she churn out before it ended with: OOPS OH WELL WE'LL GET NARAKU NEXT TIME. ? Holy hell only to bring it back again but with a better ending this time around.

My love and all of my hate for this series. Should have only had three seasons and then it would've been a great show.

If Rumiko Takahashi makes any more series in this manner she needs to be bludgeoned in the head with a plagued cat. I can understand a studio running out of funds but the series was just ridiculous. Don't chop it up to bull shit like character development either.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-04 14:19:28 Reply

I would like to join the club, and here are my favorite 10 anime, {in no particular order}

Eyeshield 21
FMA: Brotherhood
Great Teacher Onizuka
Area 88
Hellsing
Monster
Gurren Laggan
Code Geass {R1 and R2]
Fist of the North Star
Outlaw Star

Right now, I'm watching more old-school anime from the 70s to the early 90s. Other than some of the obvious ones out there, or the ones I listed, any suggestions?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Zakkles
Zakkles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-04 17:29:51 Reply

At 5/4/10 02:19 PM, orangebomb wrote: I would like to join the club, and here are my favorite 10 anime, {in no particular order}

Eyeshield 21
FMA: Brotherhood
Great Teacher Onizuka
Area 88
Hellsing
Monster
Gurren Laggan
Code Geass {R1 and R2]
Fist of the North Star
Outlaw Star

Welcome to the group dude, nice list. I see a lot of good shows in that group.

I know a good movie that's from the late 80's that you might not have seen, it's called Akira. Try it, it's really cool.

[insert drumroll and obvious observation here, dumbass]

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-04 17:38:14 Reply

At 5/4/10 02:19 PM, orangebomb wrote: Right now, I'm watching more old-school anime from the 70s to the early 90s. Other than some of the obvious ones out there, or the ones I listed, any suggestions?

I'm not particularly well versed in old anime, but I seem to remember Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water being pretty good.

BBS Signature
TTOTI
TTOTI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-04 17:52:01 Reply

mmm...can i join this club?... i like anime too...i´m from Guatemala and my favorite anime is D34TH N0T3...and i enjoy it too much...well i like many animes others like Bleach or Black Jack....http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/po st/reply/58713#http://www.newgrounds.com /bbs/post/reply/58713#

Anime Club

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-05-04 18:04:19 Reply

At 5/4/10 05:52 PM, TTOTI wrote: mmm...can i join this club?... i like anime too...i´m from Guatemala and my favorite anime is D34TH N0T3...

Only if you don't ever talk like that again.

BBS Signature