Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,852,475 Views
  • 60,559 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Death
Death
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 21:31:08 Reply

At 6/12/10 09:12 PM, SeanJoystick wrote: Also wtf if Ouran>>>??? Sounds Quran and I hope its a cartoon of Muhammey getting it on with kids.

ouran high school host club.

as far as I understand, it's about guys in a club in high school.
Deleric
Deleric
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-13 03:45:32 Reply

At 6/12/10 09:31 PM, giveupyourwaffles wrote:
At 6/12/10 09:12 PM, SeanJoystick wrote: Also wtf if Ouran>>>??? Sounds Quran and I hope its a cartoon of Muhammey getting it on with kids.
ouran high school host club.
as far as I understand, it's about guys in a club in high school.

It's basically a parody of harem shows via a bunch of genre-savvy dudes vying for one chick. Regardless of FABULOUUUSNESS, it's actually pretty funny.


BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-13 03:45:15 Reply

At 6/12/10 09:31 PM, giveupyourwaffles wrote:
as far as I understand, it's about guys in a club in high school.

Spoilers for the first episode, but it's about a middle class girl who gets to go to an expensive private school, but by accident gets into debt with a host club (a club where handsome men drink and talk with girls), and is also mistaken for a boy. By the end of the first episode, she's made into a host too, her true gender kept secret by the club.

Hilarity ensues, as you might guess.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 03:58:10 Reply

At 6/12/10 07:22 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 6/12/10 06:00 AM, Kisuke wrote:
At 6/11/10 06:25 PM, Mendou wrote:
Alright, Break it up, no more spam wars here, we get enough of that all over the forums, and I'll stop here.

It's not spam nor is it a war. It is communication between the two of us. You see as we both shout in caps lock we are beating our chests and yelling wildly, letting out our primal instincts. Similar to how I am communicating with you right now. The reason why I'm not cruise controlling cool with you is because of that and you are not a rival ape.

Go back to your oranges you chimp.


[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
NGChattingAce
NGChattingAce
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 04:03:36 Reply

Kekkashi recently began its run on Adult Swim

Is it worth a look?

SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 04:10:04 Reply

I saw it when I was waiting for Penn & Teller's Bullshit to start, and it was seriously boring. of course it was only one episode but c'mon

Not to mention it looked like the main characters were like, crazy underpowered.
This chick just put up a shield and... I guess couldn't attack while doing it or something, because she just stood there as a monster was trying to squish her.

i was like
WELL
that's useful
i guess
it's the amazing "not dying" power


BBS Signature
scapeartist101
scapeartist101
  • Member since: Jan. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 06:56:04 Reply

At 3/21/03 07:16 PM, LLStarks wrote: This is a call for all anime fans of Newgrounds... Do not despair there is a place where you can share and express your thoughts and discuss anime... This club isn't limited only to anime. Manga, hentai, doujin, OVAs, OSTs, and videogame discussion is also encouraged.

You don't have to be an otaku to be a member... Even bakas can join!

Can I join?

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 07:16:39 Reply

Just watched the place promised to us in our early days, my god I could have masturbated to every fucking background in that thing


BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 08:38:54 Reply

At 6/14/10 06:56 AM, scapeartist101 wrote: Can I join?

Yes, but don't listen to a word that post says.

This club doesn't want anyone who would identify themselves as an 'otaku' or a 'baka', or who would use the word 'baka' to describe any person in their day to day life.

At 6/14/10 07:16 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Just watched the place promised to us in our early days, my god I could have masturbated to every fucking background in that thing

Yeah, it's definitely one of my favourites.

Plus it's an amazing source of desktop backgrounds.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
CheppZanoff
CheppZanoff
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 13:07:53 Reply

At 6/14/10 08:38 AM, Aigis wrote: This club doesn't want anyone who would identify themselves as an 'otaku' or a 'baka', or who would use the word 'baka' to describe any person in their day to day life.

I love our standards in this club. :D

Also Otakon is turning into a sketchy plan for me. Even if I have $170, I still want at least $100 or so to spend on stuff at Otakon. I mean I still got to get a hotel room and I'm pretty sure I won't find a $70 hotel room in Baltimore unless it's the hotel's cellar or something. Oh why did I plan this so late? No matter, I'll think of something, even if it turns out that I have to sleep in my car or something.

In a place like Baltimore that's a bit dangerous, but oh well! I'll just form an alliance with all of the Final Fantasy character cosplayers that appear at almost any convention and offer them a mint copy of FFVII in exchange for being meatshields against all of the wankstas that litter Baltimore's streets. xD

Honestly though I got to think of something because as funny and awesome as that situation would be, I find it highly unlikely to actually happen. But they're hardcore Final Fantasy fans that take in Sephiroth as their jesus, so you never know what could happen... Ah I love a good stereotype joke although I give people who practically live off of stereotypes a dirty look. I'm such a hypocrite. :P


God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."
PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man
Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature
JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 15:16:39 Reply

i started watching grave of the fireflies last night. stopped at the first half hour.

will finish later.

is reaaaaaaaaally good, my god why did i wait.


Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 16:19:46 Reply

Finished season two of haruhi. Boy, wasn't Endless Eight FUN. Especially, when it was twoo in the morning and I relaized there were still two episodes of it.

Might check out Rainbow next, or maybe third season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 18:36:56 Reply

Kekkashi looks a lot like lame generic shonen gayness.


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 21:26:30 Reply

From what I've seen, it's basically feels like a similar rehash to Inyuasha, but without the "WIND SCAR" and other stupid shit like that. Just what Adult swim needs, another dragged out shonen with mystical powers and a 2-bit "guy is a stalker, and a showoff" storyline, I would like for them to get something new, and not just another shonen anime.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 21:27:32 Reply

At 6/14/10 09:23 PM, LaForge wrote: I got about 75% of the way through it but stopped for some reason. It wasn't really interesting, I guess. I think any show with the word "grave" in the title should be ultra violent.

It's called "Grave of the Fireflies".

And shit, did you see how many fireflies died in that movie? That was a shitload of dead fireflies.

Also, you're an idiot.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 02:09:20 Reply

At 6/14/10 09:23 PM, LaForge wrote:
I got about 75% of the way through it but stopped for some reason. It wasn't really interesting, I guess. I think any show with the word "grave" in the title should be ultra violent.

That's like expecting Sophie's Choise to be a romantic comedy, or Schindler's List to be a musical.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 03:29:58 Reply

i finished it.

now i'm depressed.

D:

i may have shed tears.

goddamn.


Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
NGChattingAce
NGChattingAce
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 06:26:47 Reply

Well I did it.

I watched Grave of the Fireflies and I can say that I have not been so moved by a film since The Green Mile.

The dynamic relationship between Seiten and Setsako is what really hit me. i myself have four younger sisters and if I was in this situation, and I lost one of them despite everything I did it would be crushing. Because of this it hit me hard when I watched the film.

They suffer and see nothing in return. I didn't cry but I almost did. Instead I felt this pain in my stomach and my throat. Despite that I don't regret seeing the movie at all. An experience like this cannot be found easily and I will remember it for a long time.

It's anti war message rings louder and truer than ANY anti war film or book that I have ever encountered. Most anti-war sentiments focus on the struggle of the soldier. But here we have to innocent children, starving to death because of the conditions of war. A toddler, a vibrant young girl full of life, dies in her youth because of circumstances out of her control.

We know about the soldier's side, we've all seen Saving Private Ryan and we know the struggle of the man but what about his children? That is what Grave of the Fireflies captures. The despair and the suffering of the truly innocent, the ones who never fire a bullet. Watching these children die a slow agonizing death while the world watches is a more affecting Anti War homage than All Quiet on the Western Front or Saving Private Ryan will ever be.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 07:38:15 Reply

At 6/15/10 06:26 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: It's anti war message rings louder and truer than ANY anti war film or book that I have ever encountered. Most anti-war sentiments focus on the struggle of the soldier. But here we have to innocent children, starving to death because of the conditions of war. A toddler, a vibrant young girl full of life, dies in her youth because of circumstances out of her control.

First of all, spoiler alert.

Second, it's not only the war that causes their troubles. It's Seita's ridiculous stubbornness.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 13:59:36 Reply

People don't know how to put a goddamn spoiler alert anymore.

At 6/14/10 09:23 PM, LaForge wrote: I got about 75% of the way through it but stopped for some reason. It wasn't really interesting, I guess. I think any show with the word "grave" in the title should be ultra violent.

Well, that's just...special.


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
BaronVonBadGuy
BaronVonBadGuy
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 17:53:32 Reply

At 6/14/10 08:38 AM, Aigis wrote: This club doesn't want anyone who would identify themselves as an 'otaku' or a 'baka', or who would use the word 'baka' to describe any person in their day to day life.

I'm an Otaku.
If I wasn't, I'd be serious business.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 20:05:49 Reply

At 6/14/10 03:16 PM, JadeTheAssassin wrote: i started watching grave of the fireflies last night. stopped at the first half hour.

will finish later.

is reaaaaaaaaally good, my god why did i wait.

I only got half-way through it first time round then stopped because it was too depressing

It's on my list of films to watch this month.


BBS Signature
NGChattingAce
NGChattingAce
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 20:33:33 Reply

I would like to apologize for the spoiler I had in my last post

I guess I let it slip my mind, it was 3AM. Still, I need to take these things into greater consideration and I sincerely hope I didn't ruin it for anyone.

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-15 21:51:36 Reply

So, I started watching Shakugan no Shana. I don't know what to make of it yet aside from. "Tsundere loli has powers and this kid is pretty much Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime."

CheppZanoff
CheppZanoff
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-16 01:19:51 Reply

At 6/15/10 09:51 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: "Tsundere loli has powers and this kid is pretty much Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime."

When you say like Shiki Tohno, do you mean like Shiki in the manner that he has the power of "Tohno Spell" which causes every female character that has a role of any significance to fall in love with him or like Shiki in the manner that he can end just about any form of existence just by stabbing a point or cutting a few lines of death with a sharp object? Perhaps you mean like Shiki in the manner that despite his logical thinking and his extremely overwhelming kindness, he has some of the clumsiest moments of anyone in the Tsukihime/Melty Blood cast?


God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."
PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man
Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-16 07:43:15 Reply

At 6/16/10 01:19 AM, CheppZanoff wrote:
At 6/15/10 09:51 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: "Tsundere loli has powers and this kid is pretty much Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime."
When you say like Shiki Tohno, do you mean like Shiki in the manner that he has the power of "Tohno Spell" which causes every female character that has a role of any significance to fall in love with him or like Shiki in the manner that he can end just about any form of existence just by stabbing a point or cutting a few lines of death with a sharp object? Perhaps you mean like Shiki in the manner that despite his logical thinking and his extremely overwhelming kindness, he has some of the clumsiest moments of anyone in the Tsukihime/Melty Blood cast?

Actually, I mean "he's like Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime" because the main character on Shakugan no Shana (Yuji Sakai) is not the real one, just like Shiki is not the real Shiki. lol spoilers.

Also kids, remember there is no Tsukihime anime
CheppZanoff
CheppZanoff
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-16 09:20:22 Reply

At 6/16/10 07:43 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Actually, I mean "he's like Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime" because the main character on Shakugan no Shana (Yuji Sakai) is not the real one, just like Shiki is not the real Shiki. lol spoilers.

Ah yes he's like Shiki in the manner that Shiki Tohno died a while back and then Roa ran around in an older form of the body (could that be considered mild pedophilia?) and what we know as Shiki Tohno is actually Shiki Nanaya.

Also kids, remember there is no Tsukihime anime

Amen to that. There's only Shingetsutan Tsukihime. That series was half decent, but the thing is that the Tsukihime source material (AKA the visual novel) was far better. In all honesty I think the only thing I liked about Shingetsutan Tsukihime was the Shiki vs. SHIKI (Roa) fight at the end.

Everything else they mortally screwed up, like for instance I couldn't stop getting irritated at how Aoko is a "silent type", Arcueid is childish in a possessive way more than just plain child at heart like she is in everything else she appears in (not to mention she's not wearing the black stockings she usually wears with her sweater and dress, I mean wtf, it's like they couldn't afford dark shades of ink for the stockings), Akiha looks way too beautifully innocent which just makes her character impossible to take serious, I won't get started on the maids, Ciel was somewhat bearable except for her tone of voice that's too light pitched for scenes where she's actually on duty as an agent of the church, and everyone else I could care less about (yes, no love for "Sacchin"). There's plenty more that they screwed up, but I won't go into more detail.

If they actually DO make a Tsukihime anime adaptation that's just as well done as Fate/Stay Night and it satisfies me, then great, they better work on either Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood (even if it isn't technically canon since it's mostly based on the Satsuki route) after that and make it in the same quality or better because I shudder at the thought of how my beloved Sion Eltnam Atlasia would look done in Shingetsutan Tsukihime art style. I REALLY do not want to see it... T_T


God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."
PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man
Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-16 09:27:43 Reply

At 6/16/10 07:43 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Actually, I mean "he's like Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime" because the main character on Shakugan no Shana (Yuji Sakai) is not the real one, just like Shiki is not the real Shiki. lol spoilers.

You know, KermitTheMuppet just got banned for posting unmarked spoilers in this thread.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-16 10:49:14 Reply

At 6/16/10 09:27 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 6/16/10 07:43 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Actually, I mean "he's like Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime" because the main character on Shakugan no Shana (Yuji Sakai) is not the real one, just like Shiki is not the real Shiki. lol spoilers.
You know, KermitTheMuppet just got banned for posting unmarked spoilers in this thread.

I'm pretty sure there's a more legitimate reason than that. Otherwise it only shows a prickish nature to the moderator that banned him and why this forum should bite the bullet and get those spoiler tags like every other forum has.

As for Mr. Zanoff's post about those nice ol' Type Moon games. Shingetsuten Tsukihime was a blight and was so damn boring and unneeded as there was a badass manga and the source material was well written and fucking hysterical (points to the sex scenes, if there is one thing Nasu can't do it's sex scenes).

As for Fate/Stay Night loved the game, love the fighter for it, and thinkt eh anime is decent. Miles better than that fucking blight Tsukihime.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-16 11:02:42 Reply

At 6/16/10 10:49 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I'm pretty sure there's a more legitimate reason than that.

Nope.

Unmarked spoilers are against the rules of the forum.

I think they violate the general rule of "don't be a dick".


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature