Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-11 12:12:59 Reply

HEY JOSH.

YOU SHOULD READ MONSTER INSTEAD OF WATCHING IT OK.

There is a lot less filler but that is typical with most manga/anime series. I think the anime is 70+ episodes where as the manga is under 20 volumes. Fantastic series that you should give a go be it anime or manga. It's one of those that you'll either enjoy it and get sucked in or dislike it, picking it up years later to try and give it another go.

Like candy corn. No matter how many times I try that garbage it STILL tastes like garbage.

I can recall how long it took me to actually complete the series due to no one compensating for the supply/demand feed down at Waldon Books in the ATL area. Shit took almost a year and a half.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
BaronVonBadGuy
BaronVonBadGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-11 15:39:56 Reply

Was wondering if anyone here was attending Animenext this year. (Only 7 days away)
Going to be my second convention, didn't know if anyone would want to meet up assuming some are going.

Death
Death
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-11 21:59:26 Reply

so has anyone beaten me to this yet?

I honestly think the idea is interesting and am willing to see how it is executed.

the link being to an article on ANN about an anime series based on the CW's supernatural.
Wellum
Wellum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 01:19:53 Reply

Bleach FTW >:D!!!!!!!!

Who else here watches Bleach?

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 04:18:59 Reply

I just checked out the first episode of Ouran High School Host Club.

It was adorable, and reasonably funny. I'm not sure how it's going to keep it up, though.

I'm guessing it's supposed to be some sort of parody of shoujo or something? I've only really encountered those tropes in parodies, though, since I don't read or watch shoujo manga.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 06:00:56 Reply

At 6/11/10 06:25 PM, Mendou wrote: HEY BUDDY I DON'T REALLY EVEN READ MANGA, SO YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.

SHAME I DON'T BLIND MYSELF WITH SHITTY FILLERS AND DICK TERRIBLE ANIMATION.

At 6/12/10 04:18 AM, Aigis wrote: I just checked out the first episode of Ouran High School Host Club.

It's a solid series. Great soundtrack as well if you're in the mood to chill or just wanting to relax.

XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice

BBS Signature
CheppZanoff
CheppZanoff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 08:25:41 Reply

At 6/11/10 12:06 AM, orangebomb wrote:
At 6/10/10 06:46 PM, CheppZanoff wrote: Speaking of Hokuto no Ken, I think I might rewatch that series again. I wonder if any vendors at Otakon will have a box set or something...
Awesome, I haven't watched Hnk in a long time, and I didn't particularly cared for the Streamline dub that I watched last time.

Well I started watching it again via streaming (I feel dirty, I'd really prefer watching on a DVD over streaming any day, it's so much better. Then again Otakon is a month away and I want to rewatch it now) and now........... I can't stop going "AAAAATATATATATATATATATATATATA WAAATAAAAAAAA!"

Yeah I so did not see that coming from a mile away, lol. >_>

Nevertheless it's quite fun watching Hokuto no Ken again, I'm enjoying it.

God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."
PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man
Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 14:04:30 Reply

At 6/12/10 04:18 AM, Aigis wrote: I just checked out the first episode of Ouran High School Host Club.

It was adorable, and reasonably funny. I'm not sure how it's going to keep it up, though.

Yeah, it's a fairly good series, but I felt extremely gay for watching it. It's definatly not the kind of show you want to let others know you like.

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 14:22:59 Reply

Started watching Spawn - the animated series. No, its not an anime, but its fucking excellent. Definitely the best animated show ever made in the western world.

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 18:28:53 Reply

At 6/12/10 06:13 PM, Mendou wrote: Someone is a little insecure.

Well to be fair, omigosh I loved that series. Tamaki/Kyoya OTP.

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 19:22:50 Reply

At 6/12/10 06:00 AM, Kisuke wrote:
At 6/11/10 06:25 PM, Mendou wrote: HEY BUDDY I DON'T REALLY EVEN READ MANGA, SO YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.
SHAME I DON'T BLIND MYSELF WITH SHITTY FILLERS AND DICK TERRIBLE ANIMATION.

Alright, Break it up, no more spam wars here, we get enough of that all over the forums, and I'll stop here.

At 6/12/10 04:18 AM, Aigis wrote:
I just checked out the first episode of Ouran High School Host Club.
It's a solid series. Great soundtrack as well if you're in the mood to chill or just wanting to relax.

It's not really my cup of tea, but it was pretty funny and one of the few "harem-esqe" anime that doesn't make me sick with cheesy-ass love triangles and excessive fanservice for the sake of fanservice.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Deleric
Deleric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 19:24:41 Reply

At 6/12/10 06:28 PM, SeanJoystick wrote: Major faggot joining so I should welcomed here well!

Just started watching Evangelion, three episodes in. Its okay, slightly boring. Everyone asid it was gareat but its more high tech mecha gundam stuff really.

Oh boy, you're in for a mindfuck.

BBS Signature
CheppZanoff
CheppZanoff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 19:40:27 Reply

At 6/12/10 07:24 PM, Deleric wrote:
At 6/12/10 06:28 PM, SeanJoystick wrote: Major faggot joining so I should welcomed here well!

Just started watching Evangelion, three episodes in. Its okay, slightly boring. Everyone asid it was gareat but its more high tech mecha gundam stuff really.
Oh boy, you're in for a mindfuck.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We want him to share the mindfuck with us. He wants his high tech mecha gundam stuff and wants to keep watching because it's "okay" then let him without any knowledge of what's ahead. Fufufuuu. :P

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 20:11:25 Reply

At 6/12/10 06:13 PM, Mendou wrote: Ouran is great. I only made it up to about episode 15(don't know why I stopped, not like it's a bad show). But it's one of the funnier animes that I've seen, also has an awesome english dub.

Yeah, but they really fucked up the ending theme song in the dub. I always wondered why they would bother changing it in the first place, since pretty much every other dub leaves the intro and endings the same as they were in the original Japanese version.

Oh well, it's doesn't really matter much to me since I usually skip over them.

At 6/12/10 02:04 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:

Yeah, it's a fairly good series, but I felt extremely gay for watching it.
Someone is a little insecure.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN - I'M NOT TRYING TO HIDE ANYTHING!

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 20:51:38 Reply

At 6/12/10 02:04 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Yeah, it's a fairly good series, but I felt extremely gay for watching it. It's definatly not the kind of show you want to let others know you like.

I'm comfortable with my sexuality.

I could be watching a video of two guys blowing each other and still not feel gay.

At 6/12/10 06:13 PM, Mendou wrote: Ouran is great. I only made it up to about episode 15(don't know why I stopped, not like it's a bad show). But it's one of the funnier animes that I've seen, also has an awesome english dub.

I still don't watch English dubs, since learning Japanese makes me feel like I need to be doing something Japanese related in my day-to-day life.

BBS Signature
Death
Death
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-12 21:31:08 Reply

At 6/12/10 09:12 PM, SeanJoystick wrote: Also wtf if Ouran>>>??? Sounds Quran and I hope its a cartoon of Muhammey getting it on with kids.

ouran high school host club.

as far as I understand, it's about guys in a club in high school.
Deleric
Deleric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-13 03:45:32 Reply

At 6/12/10 09:31 PM, giveupyourwaffles wrote:
At 6/12/10 09:12 PM, SeanJoystick wrote: Also wtf if Ouran>>>??? Sounds Quran and I hope its a cartoon of Muhammey getting it on with kids.
ouran high school host club.

It's basically a parody of harem shows via a bunch of genre-savvy dudes vying for one chick. Regardless of FABULOUUUSNESS, it's actually pretty funny.

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-13 03:45:15 Reply

At 6/12/10 09:31 PM, giveupyourwaffles wrote:

Spoilers for the first episode, but it's about a middle class girl who gets to go to an expensive private school, but by accident gets into debt with a host club (a club where handsome men drink and talk with girls), and is also mistaken for a boy. By the end of the first episode, she's made into a host too, her true gender kept secret by the club.

Hilarity ensues, as you might guess.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 03:58:10 Reply

At 6/12/10 07:22 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 6/12/10 06:00 AM, Kisuke wrote:
At 6/11/10 06:25 PM, Mendou wrote:
Alright, Break it up, no more spam wars here, we get enough of that all over the forums, and I'll stop here.

It's not spam nor is it a war. It is communication between the two of us. You see as we both shout in caps lock we are beating our chests and yelling wildly, letting out our primal instincts. Similar to how I am communicating with you right now. The reason why I'm not cruise controlling cool with you is because of that and you are not a rival ape.

Go back to your oranges you chimp.

XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 04:03:36 Reply

Kekkashi recently began its run on Adult Swim

Is it worth a look?

SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 04:10:04 Reply

I saw it when I was waiting for Penn & Teller's Bullshit to start, and it was seriously boring. of course it was only one episode but c'mon

Not to mention it looked like the main characters were like, crazy underpowered.
This chick just put up a shield and... I guess couldn't attack while doing it or something, because she just stood there as a monster was trying to squish her.

i was like
WELL
that's useful
i guess
it's the amazing "not dying" power

BBS Signature
scapeartist101
scapeartist101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 06:56:04 Reply

At 3/21/03 07:16 PM, LLStarks wrote: This is a call for all anime fans of Newgrounds... Do not despair there is a place where you can share and express your thoughts and discuss anime... This club isn't limited only to anime. Manga, hentai, doujin, OVAs, OSTs, and videogame discussion is also encouraged.

You don't have to be an otaku to be a member... Even bakas can join!

Can I join?

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 07:16:39 Reply

Just watched the place promised to us in our early days, my god I could have masturbated to every fucking background in that thing

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 08:38:54 Reply

At 6/14/10 06:56 AM, scapeartist101 wrote: Can I join?

Yes, but don't listen to a word that post says.

This club doesn't want anyone who would identify themselves as an 'otaku' or a 'baka', or who would use the word 'baka' to describe any person in their day to day life.

At 6/14/10 07:16 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Just watched the place promised to us in our early days, my god I could have masturbated to every fucking background in that thing

Yeah, it's definitely one of my favourites.

Plus it's an amazing source of desktop backgrounds.

BBS Signature
CheppZanoff
CheppZanoff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 13:07:53 Reply

At 6/14/10 08:38 AM, Aigis wrote: This club doesn't want anyone who would identify themselves as an 'otaku' or a 'baka', or who would use the word 'baka' to describe any person in their day to day life.

I love our standards in this club. :D

Also Otakon is turning into a sketchy plan for me. Even if I have $170, I still want at least $100 or so to spend on stuff at Otakon. I mean I still got to get a hotel room and I'm pretty sure I won't find a $70 hotel room in Baltimore unless it's the hotel's cellar or something. Oh why did I plan this so late? No matter, I'll think of something, even if it turns out that I have to sleep in my car or something.

In a place like Baltimore that's a bit dangerous, but oh well! I'll just form an alliance with all of the Final Fantasy character cosplayers that appear at almost any convention and offer them a mint copy of FFVII in exchange for being meatshields against all of the wankstas that litter Baltimore's streets. xD

Honestly though I got to think of something because as funny and awesome as that situation would be, I find it highly unlikely to actually happen. But they're hardcore Final Fantasy fans that take in Sephiroth as their jesus, so you never know what could happen... Ah I love a good stereotype joke although I give people who practically live off of stereotypes a dirty look. I'm such a hypocrite. :P

BBS Signature
JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 15:16:39 Reply

i started watching grave of the fireflies last night. stopped at the first half hour.

will finish later.

is reaaaaaaaaally good, my god why did i wait.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 16:19:46 Reply

Finished season two of haruhi. Boy, wasn't Endless Eight FUN. Especially, when it was twoo in the morning and I relaized there were still two episodes of it.

Might check out Rainbow next, or maybe third season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 18:36:56 Reply

Kekkashi looks a lot like lame generic shonen gayness.

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 21:26:30 Reply

From what I've seen, it's basically feels like a similar rehash to Inyuasha, but without the "WIND SCAR" and other stupid shit like that. Just what Adult swim needs, another dragged out shonen with mystical powers and a 2-bit "guy is a stalker, and a showoff" storyline, I would like for them to get something new, and not just another shonen anime.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-14 21:27:32 Reply

At 6/14/10 09:23 PM, LaForge wrote: I got about 75% of the way through it but stopped for some reason. It wasn't really interesting, I guess. I think any show with the word "grave" in the title should be ultra violent.

It's called "Grave of the Fireflies".

And shit, did you see how many fireflies died in that movie? That was a shitload of dead fireflies.

Also, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature