Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,512,330 Views
  • 60,019 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:24 PM Reply

Look at me!
I have a designer butt!

Anime Club


I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Apr. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 4/3/10 09:40 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 4/3/10 08:49 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Yesterday, at an event called "The Trial," I brought Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass up on charges of terrorism, assassination, and treason. Unfortunately, no-one on the panel was familiar with Code Geass. "The Execution" is today at high noon, and two other suggested characters will be put to death in effigy.
Wow. That is basically the geekiest thing I have ever heard in my life.

What do you mean by 'put to death in effigy'? Do you stick the faces of characters on straw men and burn them?

No, mainly we just make crude posterboard figures, sometimes with faces drawn on, and let the crowd tear them asunder.

At 4/3/10 08:49 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Also today, I'm cosplaying Guile from the Street Fighter series again and doing whatever it takes to be chosen in Anime Fight Club. I hope those countless hours of practice in front of my Xbox 360 will finally pay off.

Tonight was epic. First, I competed in the "Legend of the Hidden Temple" panel, based on the old game show on Nickelodeon. I found one of the staff members planted in the audience to get my team past the first round, and we kicked ass at the trivia questions in the second round. The third round was very hectic; neither team really succeeded in the target shooting portion, but I did an amazing job in the swordsmanship challenge, slicing all my targets in half while my opponent, who cosplayed a Samurai, could barely graze them. Unfortunately, the host remembered another part - building a mecha out of cardboard boxes and defending it from the other team's shooter. We failed miserably at that.
After that was the Anime Fight Club. The first fights were no contact, and the last fight was no holds barred; I was chosen for the 3rd-to-last fight, so it was pretty intense. My opponent was a guy I've seen around in previous conventions, and I think he was cosplaying Bob Makihara from Tenjho Tenge - he had hand wraps that felt like a plaster cast, so I'm glad we weren't going full force or to the face. I brought a prop for this event; a foam rubber stress ball wrapped in a yellow cloth to simulate my Sonic Boom, and I think it impressed the judges because I was declared the winner. All that practice with Street Fighter IV was well worth it - I even said the line, "Go home and be a family man" after the fight.
The next event was a trivia game show, and my talent for useless knowledge was showcased yet again. I was the third of six contestants to pass the qualifying round (they were looking for eight, but two questions proved too hard for the whole audience.) I was the runner-up, but I could have made it to the final round if I didn't mess up a couple of questions I should have known. At least I got a free Anime Punch t-shirt.


Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Apr. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 4/3/10 01:41 PM, giveupyourwaffles wrote: On topic: I'm thinking of watching Hunter x Hunter. should I?

The manga is great, it just got off hiatus a few weeks ago

KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 12:18 AM Reply

AS YOUR NEW LEADER, I am greatly concerned about everyone ability to maintain club regulation and input. IT TAKES HALF A DAY FOR ANY OF YOU PEOPLE TO REPLY OR POST A COMMENT, AND YET THEY ARE INCONSISTENT AND OFTEN ARE UNRELATED TO THE WILL OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF ZEON.

Unless things change, I WILL HAVE TO TAKE ACTION, otherwise, you may all be reprimanded.

THUS SPEAKS THE GREAT LEADER

Anime Club

KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 12:31 AM, Mendou wrote:
hnghnghnghnghng

MUTLEY!! YOU SHAN'T RECEIVE A MEDAL WITH THAT ATTITUDE!

Get back to catching YANKEE DOODLE PIDGEON!
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 01:01 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 12:38 AM, Mendou wrote:
...

....

Anime Club

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 01:04 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 12:18 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: THUS SPEAKS THE GREAT LEADER

Uh huh, and what was that about you stimulating anime related discussion?


BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 01:09 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 01:04 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 4/4/10 12:18 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: THUS SPEAKS THE GREAT LEADER
Uh huh, and what was that about you stimulating anime related discussion?

Hey baby, I was trying to provoke discussion concerning Record of Lodoss and my response to giveupallyourwaffles question about HunterXHunter, yet you ASS OLIVES DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO DISCUSS THINGS OVER PERIODS OF HOURS OR EVEN HALF OF A DAY. Get back to masturbating to your loli moe~....

Anime Club

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 01:43 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 01:09 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
THUS SPEAKS THE GREAT LEADER

Thou shalt not usurp thy God-King!

Hey baby, I was trying to provoke discussion concerning Record of Lodoss and my response to giveupallyourwaffles question about HunterXHunter, yet you ASS OLIVES DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO DISCUSS THINGS OVER PERIODS OF HOURS OR EVEN HALF OF A DAY.

Maybe not everyone comes here as obsessively as you? Patience, young one.

Too old for training, this one is.
Get back to masturbating to your loli moe~....

Please, I only masturbate to

Twilight yaoi.


BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 01:49 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 01:43 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
Maybe not everyone comes here as obsessively as you? Patience, young one.
Too old for training, this one is.
Please, I only masturbate to
Twilight yaoi.

Got a real IRONIC and WITTY sense of humor dickcake. I bet you rub your "lightsabre" to that filth until your hands burn off. And please, your only using the fact that I'm provoking the sludge out of you guys to detract from the fact that you no longer use this club in the way that it was original intended to be uses. Instead of someones brainchild, it's a freaking crack hooker from Miami that needs to drop... eat a bag of roped clown shit.

Anime Club

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 01:52 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 01:49 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: And please, your only using the fact that I'm provoking the sludge out of you guys to detract from the fact that you no longer use this club in the way that it was original intended to be uses.

I admitted to that years ago. I was trying to make the point that your dredging out the sludge and then claiming to be trying to show the club its deficiencies... wait... I forgot where I was going with this.

Carry on.

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 01:55 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 01:52 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
I admitted to that years ago. I was trying to make the point that your dredging out the sludge and then claiming to be trying to show the club its deficiencies... wait... I forgot where I was going with this.

Carry on.

You're not making any point Little Looey, whatever happened to the clubs rule of ignoring unnecessary or irrelevant posts?

This is why I am THE GREAT LEADER OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF ZEON AND YOU ARE A MERE PAWN IN MY GAME!

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 01:58 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 01:55 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: You're not making any point Little Looey,

I believe that I just stated that..

whatever happened to the clubs rule of ignoring unnecessary or irrelevant posts?

That was a rule? I haven't made a damn rule for this place since I joined the damn military.

This is why I am THE GREAT LEADER OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF ZEON AND YOU ARE A MERE PAWN IN MY GAME!

Thy God-King rules through his own divine right.


BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 01:58 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
I believe that I just stated that..

Good for you.

That was a rule? I haven't made a damn rule for this place since I joined the damn military.

Does that happen to be the GAY MILITARY THAT MARYLIN MANSON SUNG ABOUT?

Thy God-King rules through his own divine right.

Get the fuck out of my club.

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:08 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:00 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Does that happen to be the GAY MILITARY THAT MARYLIN MANSON SUNG ABOUT?

It did involve large numbers of naked men, and something called "Don't ask, don't tell."

Get the fuck out of my club.

I won this club in a flame war with LLStarks, I will not relinquish it easily.

Nah you can have it, I barely watch anime anymore, and I do nothing beyond the bare minimum to keep this place from getting locked again.


BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:13 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:08 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
I won this club in a flame war with LLStarks, I will not relinquish it easily.

Nah you can have it, I barely watch anime anymore, and I do nothing beyond the bare minimum to keep this place from getting locked again.

LOLOL LIFE SUCKS

Anime Club

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:18 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:13 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: LOLOL LIFE SUCKS

Are you seriously trying to tell a guy who has fought in a war that life sucks? Too late, I already knew that. Wait till you have to deal with doing your taxes, paying bills, being forced to raise someone else kids, I would say health insurance but you're Canadian (lucky bastard), and all the other joys of adulthood. Then throw getting shot at on a regular basis and tell me how much real life sucks. Wait till mommy and daddy no long support you before you pull that shit on me.


BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:22 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:18 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
Are you seriously trying to tell a guy who has fought in a war that life sucks? Too late, I already knew that. Wait till you have to deal with doing your taxes, paying bills, being forced to raise someone else kids, I would say health insurance but you're Canadian (lucky bastard), and all the other joys of adulthood. Then throw getting shot at on a regular basis and tell me how much real life sucks. Wait till mommy and daddy no long support you before you pull that shit on me.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sounds like you've got a Solid Snake complex there, tiger. Unless you've been shooting people with a lightgun from an arcade cabinet, I doubt that would be to the extent of your GAY MILITARY combat.

Anime Club

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:23 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:22 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Sounds like you've got a Solid Snake complex there, tiger. Unless you've been shooting people with a lightgun from an arcade cabinet, I doubt that would be to the extent of your GAY MILITARY combat.

I was a U.S. Marine, I was deployed to Iraq twice. I was shot at, mortared, and they fucking love IEDs there.


BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:23 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
I was a U.S. Marine, I was deployed to Iraq twice. I was shot at, mortared, and they fucking love IEDs there.

muma meeha

Anime Club

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:37 AM Reply

Hey guys, sorry to derail anything but did anyone read the new chapters of WSJ?

I thought this past week was really great.

KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:37 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Hey guys, sorry to derail anything but did anyone read the new chapters of WSJ?

I thought this past week was really great.

Which series did it feature, what made it good?

HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:50 AM Reply

Hey Kermit, do you like boobies?

Anime Club


I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:52 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:50 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: Hey Kermit, do you like boobies?

THAT'S NOT A BOOBY, THAT'S YOUR DISGUSTING GOASTE STRETCHED BUTTHOLE!

Get out of here, you temptress!

Anime Club

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 02:53 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:41 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 4/4/10 02:37 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Hey guys, sorry to derail anything but did anyone read the new chapters of WSJ?

I thought this past week was really great.
Which series did it feature, what made it good?

Well I don't wanna mention the N word here but it really was a great chapter and saw the return of some of my favorite characters

The best One Piece arc ever ended on a great note and i'm still surprised they actually killed someone in the series for once.

Gin is finally in action in Bleach which is all I needed

Hitman Reborn is beginning an arc that already looks to be really good

Hunter X Hunter is heating up too, but i really want this arc to end already

It was a great week overall and I can't wait to see more next week

HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:52 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 4/4/10 02:50 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: Hey Kermit, do you like boobies?
THAT'S NOT A BOOBY, THAT'S YOUR DISGUSTING GOASTE STRETCHED BUTTHOLE!

Get out of here, you temptress!

WRONG.

It's Tonzra's gut.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 03:02 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 02:53 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
It was a great week overall and I can't wait to see more next week

I wish I was a person with the patients to follow Monthly/Weekly Jump, I missed out on an early introduction to alot of the famous shonen titles I want to read like Bleach, Sandland, Dr.Slump and Yu Yu Hakuso. I even subscribed to Shonen Jump Monthly for 2-3 years during my middleschool years, but I never had the focus to appreciate or consistently read every series. Needless to say, I have alot of catching up to do.

HunterXHunter is good right?

HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 03:03 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 03:01 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
WRONG.

It's Tonzra's gut.

Forgot picture.

Anime Club


I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
KermitTheMuppet
KermitTheMuppet
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 03:05 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 03:03 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
Forgot picture.

What's with the dirty furry burglars?

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club Apr. 4th, 2010 @ 03:07 AM Reply

At 4/4/10 03:02 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 4/4/10 02:53 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
It was a great week overall and I can't wait to see more next week
I wish I was a person with the patients to follow Monthly/Weekly Jump, I missed out on an early introduction to alot of the famous shonen titles I want to read like Bleach, Sandland, Dr.Slump and Yu Yu Hakuso. I even subscribed to Shonen Jump Monthly for 2-3 years during my middleschool years, but I never had the focus to appreciate or consistently read every series. Needless to say, I have alot of catching up to do.

Onemanga is a great database of Manga to read on the internet and updates come every week

I've read countless series on that site

I've read the WSJ, FMA, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (at least I am reading it currently), Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles, Xxxholic, Eyeshield 21, Claymore, etc. It's a great resource but sometimes stuff gets pulled, like Gantz :(.

HunterXHunter is good right?

It's really good, sometimes the arcs are a little long winded but they're all good so it doesn't really bother me much.

The characters are good and the author likes to go deep into the mind of the characters during battles, especially in the current arc. It's a great characterization tool, to see what a character thinks in battle.