00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,812,509 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-15 00:51:17

At 10/15/10 12:08 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 10/14/10 08:06 PM, LordJaric wrote: Here's an anime parody trailer I made, what do you guys think.
Now I'm not usually one to use the phrase 'worst thing ever', but...

where do I need to improve.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-15 03:31:57

At 10/15/10 12:51 AM, LordJaric wrote:
At 10/15/10 12:08 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 10/14/10 08:06 PM, LordJaric wrote: Here's an anime parody trailer I made, what do you guys think.
Now I'm not usually one to use the phrase 'worst thing ever', but...
where do I need to improve.

In not doing the thing that you were doing.

Using the audio of the Grumpy Old Men trailer and overlaying it over some Naruto scenes is a fundamentally flawed idea. There is absolutely no point in doing it. Just... Don't do anything like that. Anime Music Videos are bad enough.

If you insisted on doing such a banal, pointless, horrible task, then here's some advice. You should really try to put some meaning behind whatever clips you use. From what I saw, all you were doing was finding times when Naruto's lips (and the other guy's) could sync to the audio and not paying much attention to what was going on in the scene. You should at least have some scenes that go with the audio in such a way that some semblance of a joke is made.

Also, choose more appropriate characters. I, uh, really don't understand what you were thinking when you decided that the most appropriate anime characters for the audio from Grumpy Old Men were children from Naruto.

Now I'm no expert on the medium, but if I felt some bizarre need to do what you did I probably would have used, say, Spike, Jet, and Faye from Cowboy Bebop. Something a little more apt, I don't know.

But yeah, there was no point to any of it. I don't know what you were thinking.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-15 06:25:31

At 10/15/10 03:31 AM, Aigis wrote: If you insisted on doing such a banal, pointless, horrible task, then here's some advice. You should really try to put some meaning behind whatever clips you use. From what I saw, all you were doing was finding times when Naruto's lips (and the other guy's) could sync to the audio and not paying much attention to what was going on in the scene. You should at least have some scenes that go with the audio in such a way that some semblance of a joke is made.

Them's some big woids there mister boy. Does you want a nice shiny star next to your name on your next big boy E-report card?

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-15 15:54:44

At 10/15/10 12:55 PM, Mendou wrote: Hey guys knock it o-COWBOY BEBOP COWBOY BEBOP COWBOY BEBOP COWBOY BEBOP COWBOY BEBOP COWBOY BEBOP COWBOY BEBOP COWBOY BEBOP COWBOY BEBOP

I'd have sex with Ed.

probablejailbait

Also, I wish I were watching Bebop, but I am watching Gundam SEED... Can Kira Yamato get a bullet in his head, I am only one episode in and I want this fucking twerp raped by Zeon/Titans clone organization 12. Oh hai pseudo-Char # 4

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-15 16:10:21

At 10/15/10 06:25 AM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: Them's some big woids there mister boy. Does you want a nice shiny star next to your name on your next big boy E-report card?

Excuse me? When did everyone in this club suddenly lose their ability to carry on conversation without turning to dumb sarcastic insults?

The guy asked a question, I answered it. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-15 18:36:33

At 10/15/10 05:47 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: When you and your KIND showed up.

Excuse me, but I have been a member of this club for five years.

Oh god that sounds so pathetic.
You answered it in an airheaded and pretentious way.

I'm pretty sure all I said was 'find clips that make jokes with the audio'. In a little more detail, of course.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-15 21:18:47

At 10/15/10 06:44 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: IT'S ALL POINTLESS,NO MEANING TO IT ALL(ANIME PARODIES SHOULD BE ART), WHY CAN'T IT BE ABOUT COWBOY BEBOP. I AM NO EXPERT BUT COWBOY BEBOP IS THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING.

What. I'm pretty sure what I was saying was anime parodies (of that sort; that sort being anime clips with audio from a different source) shouldn't exist. And you're misinterpreting my meaning when I said the word 'meaning'. Though I should have chosen a better word. 'Reason' would have been better. Or 'jokes'.

And I just thought Cowboy Bebop was more appropriate for the audio to an advert for Grumpy Old Men. As I understand it, Grumpy Old Men is a movie about two male neighbours who feud when a woman moves near them.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-15 23:09:47

At 10/15/10 10:44 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: So, uh...I guess what I'm asking is, is there a difference between Anime DVDs and Anime Blu-ray discs?

Other than storage reasons, {which means more extra feautures and other goodies} and slighty better visuals, There really isn't any key differences between each other, from what I seen. I don't really have any Blu-rays, considering it is generally expensive to obtain and not really worth the investment if you have the DVDs.

That's my best guess.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-16 14:44:29

It would seem that evil entity I was talking about had vanished all my good woids.
It's a good thing I faithlessly record all my internet seriousness on VHS tapes anticipating that evil entity would have influence the stupidity of certain peoples.

Also, see Serial Experiments Lain to fully understand the parody involved.

At 10/15/10 04:10 PM, Aigis wrote: Excuse me? When did everyone in this club suddenly lose their ability to carry on conversation without turning to dumb sarcastic insults?

The guy asked a question, I answered it. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Your assessment and assertions of your perceived assumptions are utterly asinine at best.
Of what empirical proof have you to verify your claims and condemnations aside from what your own contorted consciousness has concocted?
Verily your interaction within this club is far more problematic than any number of spammers could ever be. In fact your kinds usage of the internet itself is becoming a crisis situation of irrevocable damage.
The term "Serious Business" is often used to denote those who take the internet far too seriously. At first glance such a thing doesn't sound dangerous at all.
But what happens when such a large saturation of seriousness is stored within the endless stream of information such as the wired? Is it not possible that such a collection of stock piled seriousness could become conscious and capable of acting on it's own free will?
At first it would seem the only detriment something such as this could pose is simply an online entity which is capable of manipulating the internet (which alone is devastating enough, given man kinds reliance on the interweb) but imagine if such a being were to eventually gain access to the collective consciousness (and unconsciousness) of humanity?
Things affiliated with seriousness would no doubt be the end result.
Things such as wars, global strife, consistent upheavals within humanity as a whole, poverty and a general pretentious disregard for ones fellow man.
It is exactly things such as this that are occurring now, within our time frame. This is proof enough for me that such a being has already achieved all of the possibilities I have already mentioned.
Now imagine what would happen if such a being were to take physical manifestation? It would be as if a Hellish God were to have suddenly descended upon mankind. And with so many already influenced by this being, I'd imagine virtually all people would be inclined to bow before it. No doubt all those who refused to, who held on to some shred of un-serious sanity would be exterminated.

It's members like myself, Kermit and Mendou who are fighting against such a thing taking place. It's unlikely, but hopefully we'll be able to, if not prevent this creature from fully taking over, at least delay it's domination.

So Mr Big Woids E-Scientist, I suggest you take your seriousness (and that nice star I gave you for your E-Report card) and shove them up your nether regions until you grow up enough to realize the world is too serious to take seriously.

Also, sorry Mr Big Woids, I didn't back up your pipe-smoking reply, I ran out of footage on my previous VHS Tape. But hopefully now you see this force is seriously at work.
You should consider joining our side, after all, you were a target in this event.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-16 17:50:59

At 10/16/10 02:44 PM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: Also, sorry Mr Big Woids, I didn't back up your pipe-smoking reply

Aw man, I liked that reply.

I was all like "hah! now THAT'S pretentious!"

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-16 21:09:59

Just watched Summer Wars, pretty good. Loved the animation, the banter in the family, etc, even though some of it felt a bit contrived (a boat? really?) and it was perhaps a tad predictable.

Still pretty good though, 8/10.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-16 23:13:33

At 10/16/10 06:42 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I'm interested in the Gundam series. Which one should I start with? The movie trilogy? G-Gundam? Gundam Wing?

I would probably start out with G-Gundam, it's a little more down to earth compared to the other Gundams series, and probably a good idea to watch it in subs, considering how the dub is trying to be politically correct at times.

Honestly, Most of the Gundam series, as good as they are, seems to remind me of Star Wars but with mechs. At least with the G series, it's more of a down to earth competition rather than a full out war in space.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-17 22:51:24

At 10/17/10 12:18 AM, Mendou wrote:
At 10/16/10 11:13 PM, orangebomb wrote:

I would probably start out with G-Gundam, it's a little more down to earth compared to the other Gundams series
haha, you're joking, right? G-Gundam is the complete opposite, it's over the top and ridiculous.

What I meant was it takes place on Earth compared to the other Gundam series which the fights mostly take place in space, I apologize if I didn't explain it eariler.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-19 20:03:45

how do you guys fell about dubs like on sy fy i really don't like them and its really hard to watch have any of you ever herd a good dub the voice? just never fits the character

i'm better than you just move on

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-19 20:34:44

I'm watching the first episode of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes right now and I couldn't help but notice this.
Kermit, here's your daily dose of gay!

Anime Club

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-19 22:05:32

At 10/19/10 08:34 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: I'm watching the first episode of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes right now and I couldn't help but notice this.

Another reason to not watch this shit.

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-19 22:50:58

At 10/19/10 08:34 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: I'm watching the first episode of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes right now and I couldn't help but notice this.

Yeah, I think I'll take a pass on this, that is the worst nipple shot I have ever seen.

Best not to feed the troll, just let him be.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-19 23:52:34

Can we please not bother Kermit anymore?, This is getting to a point where this is just plain stupid.

Besides all we're doing is tempting him to fire back at all of us, and he's going to do the same thing right back, this isn't the first time this has happen. We all know he's not the true leader of this club, but if we keep it up, Kermit's going to get the last laugh here.

In other words, let's get back to doing what we do best, enjoying anime.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-20 14:06:22

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-20 21:58:42

At 10/20/10 09:44 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: THIS IS MY CLUB.

I'M GOING TO TAKE IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH.

Just stop it, everyone. This is all just terrible.

It's one thing calling 'serious business' on complaints like this one, but all that's going on in this club is a dumb playground power struggle.

Trying to get a rise out of other people on the internet is just as pathetic as getting sincerely angry about nothing.

Either the sincere members of this club should stop responding to the moronic spam that's going on, or (even better) the moronic spam should stop entirely. This club was never a beacon of sophisticated conversation, but that doesn't mean we should all act like children.

Also, stop all the picture spam. That's really just annoying.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-21 00:22:26

At 10/20/10 11:40 PM, Mendou wrote: Some great irony, here.

Considering that you've spammed in this club several times at one point or another doesn't excuse you either. Hypocritically white knighting is just as silly as poking fun at people here for not getting a joke.

Just because I've done something in the past doesn't stop me from telling people they shouldn't do it in the present. It's not something I do anymore, because I realised how terrible it is.

And interestingly enough, I don't think anybody here is 'not getting a joke'. 'Not getting a joke' and 'not finding a joke funny' are two distinctly different things.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-21 00:53:28

Whatever, you guys, let's just talk about anime so Poozy doesn't lock this thread on us.
I'm currently watching Yumeiro Pâtissière Professionnelle, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and Tantei Opera Milky Holmes in addition to the continuation of Lil' Pri. I can say this is the first time in a while I've had more than two series to follow.

Now, I just can't get this guy out of my mind...
Seriously, his nipples are like little dicks! They become erect and sparkle right in front of the audience!
Now if only he could shit out of them...

Anime Club

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-21 01:09:07

At 10/21/10 01:05 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 10/21/10 12:53 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
This is the anime you expect to be able to enjoy and discuss with other people?

wow.

I rather enjoyed Escaflowne

Dilandau was my favorite character but the thing at the end really fucked with my 7 year old brain

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-21 16:48:50

At 10/21/10 01:10 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 10/21/10 01:09 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I rather enjoyed Escaflowne
It had a really interesting plot twists and situations that weren't orthodox to us.

shame it felt a little rushed.

Wasn't it cancelled prematurely?

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-21 23:08:17

At 10/21/10 08:45 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 10/21/10 04:48 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
Wasn't it cancelled prematurely?
Oh it concluded alright, it finished off pretty well from what I recall.

I mean in North America.
I recently read this article which claims Escaflowne was canceled before all the episodes had the chance to air. That may have been US-only, so you may not know about it as your profile says you're in Canada.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-22 00:02:08

I am watching Golgo 13.

He is a cool guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-22 00:10:37

At 10/21/10 11:48 PM, Mendou wrote: It's U.S. only, due to the Fox Kids edit being complete garbage.

That was the same edit used in the rest of the English-speaking world.
It was only cut short in the US for whatever reason.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-22 01:02:01

Have you guys watched Highschool of the Dead??

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-22 13:44:51

I didn't care much for Escaflowne. The guymalefs were pretty cool, though, and there was some decent action.

At 10/22/10 12:02 AM, RobotTaco wrote: I am watching Golgo 13.

He is a cool guy.

I have the first ten episodes, but I still haven't watched it. The Professional was awesome, so I hope the show is as good.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-10-22 13:49:43

At 10/22/10 01:44 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I have the first ten episodes, but I still haven't watched it. The Professional was awesome, so I hope the show is as good.

Oh, it's pretty good.

I would definitely classify Golgo 13 as a sociopath, if I were a psychiatrist. This guy just doesn't flinch. He's just so chaotic evil.

Still a badass though.

BBS Signature