New Topic Respond to this Topic
JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-01 02:27:14 Reply

i got stuck halfway into a black jack movie, and i'll get around to watching it one day!

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
CheppZanoff
CheppZanoff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-01 06:22:18 Reply

At 5/31/10 11:33 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: Would you shave with this?

Now THAT is something new to me. o_o

On subject of Lucky Star, I have some really mixed feelings about it, but the dominant feelings are those of dislike. The characters were oddballed enough, but how they went along with a plotline (if you can technically make one out of this mess) was just...wrong. Not a sick or perverted wrong, just plain wrong as in not right. What scares me the most about this series is that somehow or rather, some strange force was capable of dragging me by the foot through this entire series much to my displeasure. T_T

God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."
PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man
Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-01 11:31:34 Reply

I loved Lucky Star and Desert Punk great unknown animes.

Narusegawa
Narusegawa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-01 15:32:30 Reply

At 5/31/10 09:27 AM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote:
At 5/31/10 12:28 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 5/30/10 06:13 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: It has a similar format, but LuckyStar is borderline fucking shit and possibly if not the WORST and most unfunny series in the world.
I dunno. I enjoyed Lucky Star.
I was introduced to Lucky Star as a recommendation for liking Kodomo No Jikan.
It wasn't long after I started watching it that I realized it had the Loli, but not the

I believe I started watching Lucky Star when it was new, then I quit after the second episode or something .. I don't think I have really watched any anime since. Coincidence?

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature
admirernotcreator
admirernotcreator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-01 15:33:53 Reply

OP
is the best anime ever in my opinion

oh sorry if this is the wrong thread , i dont usually use ng's forum

BBS Signature
UCanCallMeJesus
UCanCallMeJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-01 20:06:06 Reply

At 5/31/10 11:57 PM, scapeartist101 wrote: I love anime!Can I join?I thought this club was for the ones who draw anime.I'm also drawing a few of my own.I learned how to draw anime on Manga Tutorials.I'm still practicing though.BTW,can I really join?

Nope, we don't allow your kind here ;) . Anywho I really liked bokurano and I would definitely recommend it. I was kind of annoyed with all of the themes they borrowed from NGE but they put there own twist on it and they focused more on giving there characters a lot of depth and making you love them before they end up dying. I am not going to attempt describing it because I don't want to create a wall of text so just watch it...

BBS Signature
BaronVonBadGuy
BaronVonBadGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-01 21:43:58 Reply

Just picked up the complete series of Wolf's Rain. Got it for $10 thanks to having a 25 dollar coupon from Best Buy.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-01 22:34:59 Reply

At 6/1/10 09:43 PM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: Just picked up the complete series of Wolf's Rain. Got it for $10 thanks to having a 25 dollar coupon from Best Buy.

I liked that show

I never watched the entire series in it's entirety but I saw the best episode. The walrus one was kickass and was the best example of the shows fluidity and style.

Plus it's a battle against a giant fucking walrus

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 00:15:45 Reply

At 6/1/10 09:43 PM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote: Just picked up the complete series of Wolf's Rain. Got it for $10 thanks to having a 25 dollar coupon from Best Buy.

Awesome, Wolf's Rain is a kickass series.

Hopefully, I will get my hands on that, along with Monster and FMA: Brotherhood box sets as well very soon.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Zakkles
Zakkles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 00:26:39 Reply

Does anyone know a modern war anime that has nothing to do with giant robots or nuclear apocalypses? I'm trying to find a good one, but no luck.

[insert drumroll and obvious observation here, dumbass]

BBS Signature
BaronVonBadGuy
BaronVonBadGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Melancholy
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 00:41:48 Reply

At 6/1/10 11:53 PM, Mendou wrote: Great deal, too. I'm browsing Amazon for some deals on anime, and I've managed to find some good ones, like Noein: To Your Other Self for like $20. Brand new and everything, totally going to order that.

Sucks how much some old classic series sell for now. Really glad I got my hands on FLCL and Lain before they went out of print.
As for Noein, I think it's about time I give it another chance. Everyone I know who has seen it seem to consider a great series. I played one or two episodes of it around 1-1/2 years ago and got bored with it.

At 6/2/10 12:15 AM, orangebomb wrote: Hopefully, I will get my hands on that, along with Monster and FMA: Brotherhood box sets as well very soon.

I'm considering picking up Brotherhood soon, loved FMA previous incarnation.
Really want the series Hellsing Ultimate, but am holding out until they make a box set of it, rather than purchasing a few episodes at a time.
Only series I've bought individually was When They Cry.

Zakkles
Zakkles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 00:46:43 Reply

At 6/2/10 12:42 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 6/2/10 12:26 AM, Zakkles wrote: Does anyone know a modern war anime that has nothing to do with giant robots or nuclear apocalypses? I'm trying to find a good one, but no luck.
Ever heard about New Getter Robo?

Nope, sounds good though.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 01:34:03 Reply

At 6/2/10 12:26 AM, Zakkles wrote: Does anyone know a modern war anime that has nothing to do with giant robots or nuclear apocalypses? I'm trying to find a good one, but no luck.

I have not seen it myself but I've heard Grave of the Fireflies is an excellent film

It's anti war but it's still war, kind of like All Quiet on the Western Front

Zakkles
Zakkles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 01:38:01 Reply

At 6/2/10 01:34 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I have not seen it myself but I've heard Grave of the Fireflies is an excellent film

Thanks, I'll try it. I heard about it once or twice, but never really saw anything.

BBS Signature
Zakkles
Zakkles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 01:59:18 Reply

At 6/2/10 01:56 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 6/2/10 01:34 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:

Yes, it is actually. Perfect example right there, although it's not a modern war anime film, it depicts the experiences of two youth during WW2.

I Hate to sound like a noob and all, but what site would I use to watch it?

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 02:00:36 Reply

Yes, it is actually. Perfect example right there, although it's not a modern war anime film, it depicts the experiences of two youth during WW2.

Actually, it's not a very good analogy. Grave of the Fireflies is a great movie, and very touching, but it's very different from All Quiet on the Western Front or any other battlefront story. The only act of war you see is the firebombing of Kobe in the beginning. The rest is the two kids in the countrysiide *SPOILER* slowly starving to death from the big brother's incoompotence at keeping house *SPOILER*.

I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 02:09:38 Reply

At 6/2/10 01:59 AM, Zakkles wrote: I Hate to sound like a noob and all, but what site would I use to watch it?

Netflix?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 02:10:21 Reply

At 6/2/10 02:00 AM, JohnnyWang wrote:
Actually, it's not a very good analogy. Grave of the Fireflies is a great movie, and very touching, but it's very different from All Quiet on the Western Front or any other battlefront story. The only act of war you see is the firebombing of Kobe in the beginning. The rest is the two kids in the countrysiide *SPOILER* slowly starving to death from the big brother's incoompotence at keeping house *SPOILER*.

Ah...As I said I had not actually seen the film (I would like to) but I had been under the impression that it was the story of boys forced into war and it's atrocities.

However further research shows that I was in fact mistaken to think so. It's more a story of innocence destroyed by war through the effects on those who DON'T participate.

So no running and gunning here.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 02:28:20 Reply

All this talk about Lucky Star made me interested in checking out Kyoto Animation's more recent series, K-On.

It's mildly entertaining, but I feel weird about watching a show about high school girls now that I'm not in high school any more.

BBS Signature
Zakkles
Zakkles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 02:30:27 Reply

At 6/2/10 02:28 AM, Mendou wrote:
Try Pumpkin Scissors, yo.

Thanks, looking it up now.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 09:27:02 Reply

At 6/2/10 02:28 AM, Aigis wrote: All this talk about Lucky Star made me interested in checking out Kyoto Animation's more recent series, K-On.

It's mildly entertaining, but I feel weird about watching a show about high school girls now that I'm not in high school any more.

I'm supposed to be studying, but I decided to procrastinate by watching another episode of this show.

Turns out the episode I watched was about one of the characters failing a test because she was procrastinating too much.

Screw this show for making me feel terrible.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 10:11:26 Reply

Man, Grave of the Fireflies is a freaking sad movie.

This show has been sitting on my Netflix queue for a while. That might be the next show I start, after I watch the last season of the Wire.

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 14:45:49 Reply

At 6/2/10 10:11 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Man, Grave of the Fireflies is a freaking sad movie.

I tried to watch it a year ago and got too depressed half way through and had to stop :x

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 14:46:56 Reply

At 6/2/10 02:45 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/2/10 10:11 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Man, Grave of the Fireflies is a freaking sad movie.
I tried to watch it a year ago and got too depressed half way through and had to stop :x

I've seen stuff about it

It almost looks like a Miyazaki film but more about humanism than environmentalism

Would you say this is a fair assumption?

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 15:36:53 Reply

At 6/2/10 02:46 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: It almost looks like a Miyazaki film but more about humanism than environmentalism

I would say that the film is humanist, but it's not about humanism.

It's about the horrors of war. And, to a lesser extent, why stubbornness sucks.

BBS Signature
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 19:12:05 Reply

Any hardcore Bleach-tards in here?
I have some news for you.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
Death
Death
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-02 21:28:56 Reply

At 6/2/10 07:12 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: Any hardcore Bleach-tards in here?

I'm guessing hard-core means they watch the sub considering it's crunchyroll. I would have read the whole thing but didn't feel like it.

fukcing dial up.
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-03 00:38:29 Reply

At 6/2/10 09:28 PM, giveupyourwaffles wrote:
At 6/2/10 07:12 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: Any hardcore Bleach-tards in here?
I'm guessing hard-core means they watch the sub considering it's crunchyroll. I would have read the whole thing but didn't feel like it.
fukcing dial up.

Yeah, that's pretty much who I had in mind.
I personally don't care; I hate Viz with every fiber of my being, so I'm not going to watch it.
They only have two shows I'm following right now, and you can probably guess which ones.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-03 08:46:51 Reply

Excellent! Wonderful series with a beautiful soundtrack as well. High tier this one is.

At 6/2/10 01:56 AM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Yes, it is actually. Perfect example right there, although it's not a modern war anime film, it depicts the experiences of two youth during WW2.

Been meaning to watch it one of these days but I'm too busy playing the vidya to watch anything. That and working like a slave too boot.

Picked up Paprika, Tekkonkinkret and Dead Space: Downfall all for around 20$. I don't know if any of you are aware but Movie Gallery is going out of business and all of their stores are selling everything pretty cheap. I'd suggest giving your local one(if you have one)a look to see if they have anything you might fancy.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Programmer
Response to Anime Club 2010-06-03 12:44:26 Reply

hey if you guys wants lots of anime to watch for free go to AnimeFreak