00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,813,047 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-12 22:46:52

At 7/12/10 01:35 PM, JohnnyWang wrote:
At 7/12/10 07:26 AM, DeIirium wrote: Damn that was stupid. Another reason to dislike that website.
TGWTG is cool, but its Anime stuff is really BAD. The few reviers mostly just praise stuff they like, not critisize the shit that deserves a good trashing (I've been working on an idea for a negative Anime review show, I just need to watch more shitty stuff for that).

Maybe get some sarcastic reviews for good anime as well, get some anime fanbrats pissing and whining for the lolz.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 02:35:50

At 7/13/10 01:32 AM, LaForge wrote: Dude, don't you understand that what you are saying is impossible? Harlock came out before the aforementioned media, get it? Do you understand the word "before"? It means Captain Harlock was around when Halo, Starcraft and Pirates didn't even exist yet. Therefore it is impossible for Harlock to be ripping them off.

Holy shit, some people really are inbred.

Also, Pirates of the Carribbean didn't invent pirates, Halo didn't invent humans fighting aliens in space, etc. etc.

Lilkorn is bit like that girl who angrily emailed the company that made the recent remake of "Wolfman" (with Benicio Del Toro) complaining how they totally ripped off Twilight and evenn got the werewolf wrong. Words fail on how stupid that it.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 04:30:30

At 7/12/10 09:49 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: looks like you don't know shit about animes . it looks like a ripoff of starcraft and halo with pirates of the caribean. you fail.

You had me laughing with the first sentence but you become too much of a try hard with second sentence.

Poor execution son. I am disappoint.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 07:09:41

At 7/12/10 10:48 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote:
Can a mod please ban this idiot?
I should get a mod to ban you

Guys, I'm not going to ban either of you when your conversations are so hilarious

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 11:03:09

At 7/13/10 09:34 AM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: new anime is much better and much more developed and original.

That's a complete oxymoron to anyone who knows a bit about writing. There more new stuff people write, the more they intenetionally or unintentonally rip off older works.

A lot of modern anime is just copying old formulas with slightly different characters. Sure, there are good recent series (Elfen Lied isn't one), but there are also a lot of bad ones, and the reason old series might seem less original is because they've been ripped off so many times.

Also, calling Captain Harlock has-been is like saying Alfred Hitchcock's movies are bad because they're not shot in HD.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 12:50:48

At 7/12/10 10:48 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: I should get a mod to ban you for not respecting my opinion.

you don't understand, in new animes they should try not to rip off other series, and this is what this movie is doing. I don't care if it came out first but it's ripping it off now.

Oh gosh, that's cute.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 19:42:12

At 7/13/10 11:30 AM, ChuckDude131 wrote: Anyone heard of the show called Case Closed?

I think most people have heard of that show, In Japan, it was called Detective Conan, if i'm not mistaken.

it was an awesome show on Adult Swim but then it got canceled :(

The show was decent, but there was so many episodes it was hard to keep up after a while.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 20:04:26

Why don't you guys just ignore this guy? All he's saying is complete nonsense.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 21:15:14

Just finished gurren lagann. Had some good fun watching it even if all that indominitable will shit kept throwing itself at me but I guess that was the point of the whole series. Also not so sure about the epilogue but I never am. some reasonable neat shit though

kk

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 21:15:17

I used to be mad into Detective Conan when they were showing it on Adult Swim. I would wait until 2 in the morning or whatever hour in the A.M it was on every day. But they should have actually ended the damn show instead of putting out like 100 goddamn episodes with no end in sight.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-13 23:06:33

At 7/13/10 09:15 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I used to be mad into Detective Conan when they were showing it on Adult Swim. I would wait until 2 in the morning or whatever hour in the A.M it was on every day. But they should have actually ended the damn show instead of putting out like 100 goddamn episodes with no end in sight.

That's always a big problem for me, especially in Shonen Jump anime, where they go on for hundreds of episodes of filler and pointless side-quests. That's one the reasons I stay away from One Piece, Naruto, Yu-gi-oh, etc, they pull away from the manga storyline, and try to fill it with other stuff which has little to do with anything.

Frankly, I gave up on Conan after about 90 episodes, that cow was already milked more than it's worth, and it was time to move on.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 07:06:25

At 7/13/10 09:13 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: shut up you bitch bastard. you don't want to talk shit because you don't know shit. face it, new anime is made often by better creators and better artists. Tite Kubo is a good example of this in comparisson to something like Astro boy.

Dragonball Z was in 1989 I believe, GT was 1995. Both are quality animes (in my opinion). In fact, they are two of the best! Not so much GT than DBZ though. I'll say it, modern day animes are higher quality than 70's-90's era anime (art wise). Bleach is higher quality than Cowboy Bebop, but it's an okay anime! When you refuse to believe that some older animes are better than newer ones, then that's just stupid! Also, if I make a movie about kung-fu fighting pants, before someone else makes a show about fighting pants, I didn't rip-off them. Halo was not the first Sci-fi shooter. Doom, Duke Nukem, et cetera were.

I know karate,kung-fu,and 48 other intimidating words

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 07:13:49

I watched all of gurren laggan and I didn't like it, it was pretty stupid.

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 14:01:35

At 7/13/10 11:06 PM, orangebomb wrote:
That's always a big problem for me, especially in Shonen Jump anime, where they go on for hundreds of episodes of filler and pointless side-quests. That's one the reasons I stay away from One Piece, Naruto, Yu-gi-oh, etc, they pull away from the manga storyline, and try to fill it with other stuff which has little to do with anything.

I thoght that they did yu-gi-oh pretty well, except for the filtering crap. I mean, no guns?????? fucking pointless

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 14:44:27

My computer imploded right as Samurai Champloo finished downloading. Damn it.

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 14:44:47

At 7/14/10 02:01 PM, supergamer500 wrote:
At 7/13/10 11:06 PM, orangebomb wrote:
I thoght that they did yu-gi-oh pretty well, except for the filtering crap. I mean, no guns?????? fucking pointless

Trust me, Yu-gi-oh is utter crap, and the 4kids dub didn't help matters any.
That's why most of my favorites are generally around 13-50 episodes, long enough to explain the story and characters, and short enough where there is no mindless filler and 1-dimentional characters that I really don't give 2 shits about.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 15:54:55

At 7/14/10 03:05 PM, Mendou wrote: BUY THE DVD/BLURAY AND SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY.

YOU PRICK, YOU PIRATE PRICK.

Man, that shit is expensive.

Why would you spend as much money as you have to to buy a DVD of a series that you might not even like?

I say rent them. If you really like the series after watching it then buy it, I guess?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 15:57:31

At 7/14/10 03:05 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/14/10 02:44 PM, SomaGuye wrote: My computer imploded right as Samurai Champloo finished downloading. Damn it.
BUY THE DVD/BLURAY AND SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY.

The lesson here is: Listen to Mendou's words of wisdom to prevent your computer from getting Space AIDS and exploding because you're too much of a dick to support the industry by buying DVDs or Blurays.

At 7/14/10 02:44 PM, orangebomb wrote: Trust me, Yu-gi-oh is utter crap, and the 4kids dub didn't help matters any.
That's why most of my favorites are generally around 13-50 episodes, long enough to explain the story and characters, and short enough where there is no mindless filler and 1-dimentional characters that I really don't give 2 shits about.

This covers just about every major problem that 5 of the important characters in Yu-Gi-Oh had and I'm pretty sure that most people can agree and laugh a little about this.

God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."

PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man

Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 19:24:15

At 7/14/10 03:05 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/14/10 02:44 PM, SomaGuye wrote: My computer imploded right as Samurai Champloo finished downloading. Damn it.
BUY THE DVD/BLURAY AND SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY.

I only buy things after I have watched/listened to them and decided I liked them. I've always done it with CD's, and I will do it with animes when I get the chance.

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-14 22:56:34

At 7/14/10 09:50 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: Who here wants to live in japan where there's all the anime, best food and culture?

I dream of japan as a place I wanna live! I even want to learn to speak japanese and learn to work as a teacher there so I can live there!

I think you'll probably end up finding that Japan is a lot like anywhere else.

Only it will be harder to fit in, because of your foreigner status. People will constantly think you're a tourist.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 00:21:56

At 7/14/10 11:30 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote:
At 7/14/10 10:56 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 7/14/10 09:50 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: Who here wants to live in japan where there's all the anime, best food and culture?

I dream of japan as a place I wanna live! I even want to learn to speak japanese and learn to work as a teacher there so I can live there!
I think you'll probably end up finding that Japan is a lot like anywhere else.

Only it will be harder to fit in, because of your foreigner status. People will constantly think you're a tourist.
not true once I become one of them they will love me like one of them.

Yeah Right, I don't think they would ever believe you for a second. You do know that Japan is more than just anime, right?

If I am a teacher they will call me there sensei and their friend!

The hell you been smoking, seriously? It takes a lot more than just saying you want to be a teacher in Japan. I'm no expert on Japanese schooling, but if I remember correctly, it takes a lot of work to be a teacher, and you're also going to be responsible for them if they screw up.

Before I get sucked in anymore, I'll now take to the high road and mention something related to anime, Haruhi Suzumiya, that is all.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 02:02:34

Groan... is the Korn guy for real or is he some sort of stealth troll making fun of weeaboos? For the record, I'd want to visit Japan, sure. I even might be interested in working there, but the place has its downsides.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 02:52:44

been reading Hayate no Gotoku for about 4 days at chp248 its really good and sooo funny and has anyone else read it yet

i'm better than you just move on

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 04:28:23

At 7/14/10 03:54 PM, Aigis wrote:

Why would you spend as much money as you have to to buy a DVD of a series that you might not even like?

I say rent them. If you really like the series after watching it then buy it, I guess?

Not just that, it's often butchered, with the extent of damage ranging from so subtle that only hardcore fans would be able to tell the difference to so glaringly obvious a 5-year-old could point it out. The dubbing industry has a long history of trying to sneak edits past viewers and only in the past 10 years or so have we been able to catch on as easily as we have. I refuse to support an industry that baits-and-switches customers this way. And to make matters worse, there is a rapidly-encroaching threat of outright import bans, which means we as fans may be prosecuted for supporting the original work rather than the domestic distributors! This grinds my gears to the point where I can no longer stand to live in this country (amid the sea of other problems I'm also awash in). Anyone with me besides the guy who likes Korn?

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 11:51:40

At 7/14/10 02:01 PM, supergamer500 wrote: I thoght that they did yu-gi-oh pretty well, except for the filtering crap. I mean, no guns?????? fucking pointless

ugh. Yu-Gi-Oh. What a pile of korn. all shows like it, too. "uurgh I have to become strong and defeat my opponent. REMEMBER TO BUY OUR PRODUCT, KIDS! gotta buy 'em all!"

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 19:42:03

At 7/15/10 07:31 PM, LaForge wrote: I'm making my way through Dragonball Z, and there are a lot of plot points that depend on seeing the original Dragonball, but I can't find it anywhere. Frustration!

I think DBZ was always pretty korn, but I'll still watch an episode now and then for the memories. I did love that show when I was a kid.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 19:50:27

At 7/15/10 07:43 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: flattering mimicry

Yeah, that's it, but you gotta use more tongue. Don't forget to tickle the balls. They always forget the balls.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 20:04:30

thtop teathing and whip it out. jith crith.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 20:22:52

I think DBZ was always pretty korn, but I'll still watch an episode now and then for the memories. I did love that show when I was a kid.
I think DBZ stupid, not like real anime.

You have no taste in anime

:O

Response to Anime Club 2010-07-15 23:37:08

At 7/15/10 04:28 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
At 7/14/10 03:54 PM, Aigis wrote:

Blah blah blah America is evil Japan is superior!

Hibi, we've been through this before, and frankly we're tired of it. Please stop bitching about your inane and often unsupported and ignorant claims regarding the state of anime and anime dubbing companies and the supposed edits they apparently do. This is the 21st century, anime has come a long fucking way and will only make improvements as it goes on, I implore you to please stop making every fucking post that really doesn't involve what you're talking about about anime dubs. We're more than happy having you here but if you can't go without outright bitching about the state of American anime adaptations I request taking this to a livejournal. Frankly you are coming across as a troll every time you stand on this soapbox about dubbed anime. It's not fucking working, and it would help if you stop talking about so we don't get into a retarded debate about this shit again because you're not going to change the opinions of the users here and I'd like to see this place as a nice place to discuss anime without the whole "Subs Vs Dubs" horseshit I get from so many otaku.

Please, for the love of the Flying Spagetti Monster, stop it. I hate fucking white-knighting and arguing with you about this.