New Topic Respond to this Topic
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 01:21:58 Reply

At 9/9/07 01:16 AM, blindnil wrote: Naruto is awesome, screw all of you.

No, it's garbage, screw you.
:not every anime has to be super emo and dark to be good.
I never said it did, Jesus Christ.

Berserk is my #1 anime tho (LOOK AT MY FUCKIN SIG PICTURE) SO I HAVE FUCKING GOOD TASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm the fuck down, son.

blindnil
blindnil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 01:39:09 Reply

wow talk about overreacting, I was just messing around way to be super cunty. im outta this club, obviously i'm not good enough for you anime masters

Xbox Live gt: blindnil
Full Tilt sn: blindnil9

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 01:43:14 Reply

At 9/9/07 01:39 AM, blindnil wrote: wow talk about overreacting, I was just messing around way to be super cunty. im outta this club, obviously i'm not good enough for you anime masters

You aren't, you're just a total tool.

supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 01:48:21 Reply

At 9/9/07 01:39 AM, blindnil wrote: wow talk about overreacting, I was just messing around way to be super cunty. im outta this club, obviously i'm not good enough for you anime masters

Good fucking riddance you useless piece of shit.

Note my thread mood!
Kuro
Kuro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 02:08:17 Reply

At 9/8/07 08:39 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: If it's a weak gun, then yeah, they'll absorb the force and fall down...but with a stronger gun, they will move at least a bit, if not fly back.

They really won't.

With a gun that is meant to be held, the person being shot will fly back just as far as the person holding the gun.

Newtons third law and everything.

Now if the gun is attached to something, or the person holding the gun is standing in a way that provides better balance, then perhaps the situation might be different.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 02:46:45 Reply

If this is your attitude, then good riddance.

We'll pretend to miss you, y'know, just for kicks.

Kuro
Kuro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 03:16:31 Reply

At 9/9/07 01:39 AM, blindnil wrote: im outta this club, obviously i'm not good enough for you anime masters

Don't go, blindnil, don't go!

We cannot function as a club without you!

You are the heart of this club, without you, we will die!

PLEASE, DON'T GO!

Anime Club

BBS Signature
Vysual
Vysual
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 06:32:36 Reply

Argh.. i have just gotten myself into deeper shit this morning.

Last night i came home around 11pm and i thought i'm going to the store just to get some quickies. There were 4 guys standing outside the shop. One of them(which is alot taller than me) came directly towards me and pointed a knife against my stomach. They really didn't look THAT stupid or poor. Before i even notice, there were four guys standing beside him already. Well? I gave all my money and belongings and they hit me with the back of the knife and ran off.

I swear i was at the peak of my idiocy during that period. Fuck!

KingPanther13
KingPanther13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 13:25:14 Reply

At 9/9/07 02:08 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 9/8/07 08:39 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: If it's a weak gun, then yeah, they'll absorb the force and fall down...but with a stronger gun, they will move at least a bit, if not fly back.
They really won't.

With a gun that is meant to be held, the person being shot will fly back just as far as the person holding the gun.

Newtons third law and everything.

Now if the gun is attached to something, or the person holding the gun is standing in a way that provides better balance, then perhaps the situation might be different.

It all depends on the gun and the person firing(, really...I meanLook at how strong this baby is....you don't see the sniper flying from the mountain each time he shoots something.

Nonetheless, the person at least moves backwards, rather than absorb the shock and fall on his face....of course, all depending on impact.

Kuro
Kuro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 15:52:28 Reply

At 9/9/07 01:25 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: It all depends on the gun and the person firing(, really...I meanLook at how strong this baby is....you don't see the sniper flying from the mountain each time he shoots something.

You have to remember that snipers don't really hold their weapons.

They position them on something, and direct them.

But either way, how can you tell he doesn't have a lot of recoil?

Nonetheless, the person at least moves backwards, rather than absorb the shock and fall on his face....of course, all depending on impact.

I believe Mythbusters proved otherwise.

BBS Signature
KingPanther13
KingPanther13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 17:13:01 Reply

At 9/9/07 03:52 PM, Kuro wrote:
At 9/9/07 01:25 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: It all depends on the gun and the person firing(, really...I meanLook at how strong this baby is....you don't see the sniper flying from the mountain each time he shoots something.
You have to remember that snipers don't really hold their weapons.

They position them on something, and direct them.

But either way, how can you tell he doesn't have a lot of recoil?

I believe Mythbusters proved otherwise.

Link to the Mythbusters thing then? Lemme guess, they used a BB gun pistol on somebody who weighed 300 pounds? :P I'm not saying he has no recoil, but it's not the exact force he's sending out....if it was, his gun wouldn't be retrievable.

Seriously though, only some small guns will let the person absorb the shock...the rest will knock them backwards, on some rare occasions they fly for a few feet, and with the more powerful guns, you'll see some chunks, or some bloody fireworks. I was just complaining about how someone will shoot a gun powerful enough to make someone's head explode, but the person just absorbs it, is covered in blood, and collapses.

ANYWHO, in other news, I just finished watching Rozen Maiden.[ZOMG SPOILERS] It was a pretty good series...had a great balance of drama and comedy, and had some pretty good characters. I will say that I didn't really like the ending too much though....I do love the whole "Everything you thought was wrong, the father really isn't evil!" and they're all happy, but then you realize there are still some dead people...and quite a few unresolved issues. Plus, Jun turned out to be an idiot...good character, but he was so stupid at the end....Oh yeah, killing the murderer who killed your friends makes you as bad as the murderer, mhhmm, makes perfect sense....just watch out for the...ouch...you just got stabbed.

I seriously wanted to see Bara Suishou's face get crushed in, but instead Shinku has to get all emo because of Jun, and then get stabbed by Suishou. Then the unresolved issues. All in all, I liked it though...definitely not perfect, but definitely was worth the watch. Up next, is Cowboy Bebop.

supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 20:15:50 Reply

At 9/9/07 08:09 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 9/9/07 05:13 PM, KingPanther13 wrote:
Up next, is Cowboy Bebop.
I certainly hope so, i'll find you and cut you if you don't.

Rozen Maiden never interested me quite frankly, the whole Desu fade turned me off to the series.

It's actually a good series. The only part I don't like is that I'm feeling sad over fucking dolls.

I'd love to play with those dolls.
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 20:46:58 Reply

At 9/9/07 08:19 PM, Mendou wrote: Well i do have quite the urge to give those doll's a big hug.....a very big hug.

Josh, I KNOW that's a cheap shot at me.

Bastard....

KingPanther13
KingPanther13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 20:50:16 Reply

At 9/9/07 08:19 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 9/9/07 08:15 PM, supyohos123 wrote:

It's actually a good series. The only part I don't like is that I'm feeling sad over fucking dolls.

I'd love to play with those dolls.
Well i do have quite the urge to give those doll's a big hug.....a very big hug.

Oh yeah, I loved it, sorry if I came off as seeming like I didn't like it lol....yeah, I hate how the series just makes me want to rip those damn cute little things out of the screen and uh...nevermind. I was seriously yelling at the screen "CRUSH HER FACE!! CRUSH HER FACE!!" when Shinku had Barasuishou pinned down.

The desu meme is actually what got me to look up the series...I didn't know what exactly desu was from, so I popped it in wikipedia, and BAM up came Rozen Maiden. I don't see how the meme got so popular though...I mean, she only says it to end a sentence...she isn't like a broken record, where if you hit her too hard she'll just keep saying "desudesudesu" over and over.

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 21:01:41 Reply

At 9/9/07 08:50 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: The desu meme is actually what got me to look up the series...I didn't know what exactly desu was from, so I popped it in wikipedia, and BAM up came Rozen Maiden. I don't see how the meme got so popular though...I mean, she only says it to end a sentence...

So you fail to realize how unbelievably annoying that is?

Jolly good show.

BlackNinjaWarrior93
BlackNinjaWarrior93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 21:23:50 Reply

lol, I didn't know this club existed! Hey guys, I'm BlackNinjaWarrior93! I'm new to the club!

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 21:37:09 Reply

At 9/9/07 09:23 PM, BlackNinjaWarrior93 wrote: lol, I didn't know this club existed! Hey guys, I'm BlackNinjaWarrior93! I'm new to the club!

Okay then, answer me these questions three....

1. Five favourite anime and a sentence or two about each.
2. What anime do you dislike?
3. What got you into anime?

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 21:40:24 Reply

At 9/9/07 09:37 PM, Mendou wrote: If you wanna join then answer these please

Beat ya to the punch, sonny Jim.

I'd say "GENDOWNED", but its' too unfunny, even by my standards.

BlackNinjaWarrior93
BlackNinjaWarrior93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 21:53:56 Reply

At 9/9/07 09:37 PM, Gendo wrote: Okay then, answer me these questions three....

1. Five favourite anime and a sentence or two about each.
2. What anime do you dislike?
3. What got you into anime?

1. InuYasha: a girl named Kagome discovers a well and gos in and finds a half-demon named InuYasha and decided to go with him to find the secret jewel shards.
2.Full Metal Alchemist: Ed and Al go and find the Phoisphers Stone and change Al back to a human.
3. Naruto: a kid named Naruto trying to prove into becoming an Hokage.
4. Outlaw Star: A sci-fi anime about space crew including Gene battle and race other crews.
5. Kenshin: A redhead warrior who defends a beautiful girl named Kaoru and battles a mummy like guy.

1. I HATE BoBoBo!!!!

1. I first watched anime I believe in the early 2000's and first I watched Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star and loved them both and watched others and they were so great and fell in love with anime! Including movies too!

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 21:59:39 Reply

At 9/9/07 09:53 PM, BlackNinjaWarrior93 wrote: 1. InuYasha:
2.Full Metal Alchemist:
3. Naruto:
4. Outlaw Star:
5. Kenshin:

Ick, not too big on the list.

Also, we aren't looking for plot summaries, your opinions on the show would be preferred.

1. I HATE BoBoBo!!!!

Cardinal sin to say that in my presence.

1. I first watched anime I believe in the early 2000's and first I watched Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star and loved them both and watched others and they were so great and fell in love with anime! Including movies too!

Okay, grand (I guess)....

Welcome to the club.

BlackNinjaWarrior93
BlackNinjaWarrior93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 22:04:01 Reply

At 9/9/07 09:59 PM, Gendo wrote: Welcome to the club.

Thanx!

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 22:07:38 Reply

At 9/9/07 10:04 PM, BlackNinjaWarrior93 wrote: Thanx!

Another thing, keep your posts seven words or longer.

One-word posts are pointless wastes of space.

KingPanther13
KingPanther13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 22:18:16 Reply

At 9/9/07 09:01 PM, Gendo wrote: Jolly good show.

Personally I didn't find it annoying, I was actually listening for it to happen since I knew about it...I thought it was kinda cute at times too, how she'd say it with her voice changing n' such. I guess it's because I really only listen for words I already know, when I'm watching a subbed anime...well, either that or trying to learn some new words.

I hope that the same thing doesn't happen in the dubbed version...if so, then I completely understand how it'd be annoying.

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-09 22:21:18 Reply

At 9/9/07 10:18 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: Personally I didn't find it annoying,

Then you're completely batshit insane.

I hope that the same thing doesn't happen in the dubbed version...if so, then I completely understand how it'd be annoying.

I don't know if it does, but I heard the dub is supposedly awful anyway.

Kuro
Kuro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-10 00:08:57 Reply

At 9/9/07 05:13 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: Link to the Mythbusters thing then? Lemme guess, they used a BB gun pistol on somebody who weighed 300 pounds?

I can't link you, that would be illegal.

And they used a hellf of a lot of high powered guns, the only one that got the target to move was a shotgun, and even then it was only a tiny bit.

P I'm not saying he has no recoil, but it's not the exact force he's sending out....if it was, his gun wouldn't be retrievable.

You really don't know a thing about physics, do you?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

The reason the gun doesn't fly off is because it would be positioned on something which would absorb the blow.

I was just complaining about how someone will shoot a gun powerful enough to make someone's head explode, but the person just absorbs it, is covered in blood, and collapses.

If the gun is shot at a persons head, then it will be even less likely to send them flying back.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-10 03:08:16 Reply

I think I'll check out Gilgamesh. I don't really know anything about it, but I can watch the whole thing with the Netflix "watch instantly" feature. I also plan to finally watch all of the Street Fighter II series, thanks to this feature.

At 9/10/07 12:08 AM, Kuro wrote: stuff about guns and physics and shit

Listen to Kuro. He knows what he's talking about. And I have seen that episode of Myth Busters. It was a good one.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-10 16:33:25 Reply

At 9/10/07 04:11 PM, Mendou wrote:

1. InuYasha: a girl named Kagome discovers a well and gos in and finds a half-demon named InuYasha and decided to go with him to find the secret jewel shards.
One of the worst shows in anime history.

Completely agreed. Repetitive plot, generic love/hate story, it makes me sad.

2.Full Metal Alchemist: Ed and Al go and find the Phoisphers Stone and change Al back to a human.
Good show.

That show was ok. I didn't really get into it until late, so I can't say I know the plot or anything.

3. Naruto: a kid named Naruto trying to prove into becoming an Hokage.
Ugh...don't remind me..

I actually enjoy that show. Well...... the fighting parts at least.

4. Outlaw Star: A sci-fi anime about space crew including Gene battle and race other crews.
I love the series, it's a great anime for people who are new to anime(at least i think)

Epic series. Interesting and funny characters, nice fight scenes, and magic guns. MAGIC..... GUNS

5. Kenshin: A redhead warrior who defends a beautiful girl named Kaoru and battles a mummy like guy.
...There's a lot more then that kid, great series and highly regarded.

That series was epic. Not so much Kenshin for me though, I liked the martial arts guy.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.
Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature
LordKooler
LordKooler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-10 17:20:23 Reply

Hi guys. I just recently bought Volume 5 of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga and Volume 5 of the Hellsing manga at Hairy Tarantula on Saturday. I'm planning on reading JJBA Vol. 5 and Hellsing Vol. 5 this week.

BBS Signature
davaca
davaca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-10 20:16:06 Reply

Well, I'm bored, so I decided to try to join this club.
5 anime I liked:
1)Elfen lied:
I know you guys will not agree on this one, but for me, it's one of the first anime I ever saw, so I didn't notice the 'painfully predictable' and 'stolen' stuff you all seem to see in it. To be honest, even in retrospect, I still don't agree with all the negative comments.
2)Rurouni kenshin:
I should see this serie again. When I was a kid, this show was being aired at saturdaymorning, and I actually got out of bed to see it. It's the first anime I ever saw (even though I didn't knew what anime was back then, I just liked the style), and it's the main reason I really got into anime later.
3)The melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
Well, in this case, I'm just fanboy. it's the ultimate feel good series. I also love the ending dance.
4)Death note:
Great plot, interesting characters, what more do you need? Perhaps it's a bit to serious at times (I like my comic relief), but overall, a very good series.
5)Neon Genesis evangelion:
Every now and then, I want to be confused. Nothing has ever done that job better then NGE. I still can'tcompletely grasp what happens at the end of the end of evangelion. It's a shame they ran out of money, but I'm sure the movies will make the whole series more understandable.

I got into anime because of rurouni kenshin, like I said before. I saw that series, but afterwards it took a while before I saw some anime. Pokemon and such things, sure, but nothing serious. Then, a couple of years (well, 2) ago, I stumbled upon naruto. I checked the series out, I liked it, and I wanted more. Right now, Naruto might not be my favourite anime, but I still read the manga every week. I also got into bleach, and from there I just explored trought the high amount of anime there is to find. I'm still doing that. Right now, I'm watching green green (only the last episode remains, and I hope it actually has a plot and isn't just pure hentai...)
Anyway, the main reason I like anime, is because I think a bit to much with real movies or series. If something isn't really possible in a movie (example: spiderman getting his power) it makes it harder for me to get into the movie. I don't have that problem with anime. It's drawn, and no matter how unrealistic things get, I happily accept it, be it giant robots, chicks with burning swords or living dolls.

Of course, I don't like everything. But I never really stumbled upon anime I truly hated. the popular series over here like yu-gi-oh don't interest me, but I don't really care either way.

So, am I in?

ceci n'est pas un blog.
(get it? It's a link to a blog.)

davaca
davaca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-10 20:42:52 Reply

Thank you.

ceci n'est pas un blog.