New Topic Respond to this Topic
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-05 06:04:04 Reply

Has anyone heard of the anime, Innocent Venus? I just discovered it on Anime Network on Demand and I think it kicks ass.

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
Vysual
Vysual
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-05 10:34:52 Reply

At 9/5/07 06:04 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Has anyone heard of the anime, Innocent Venus? I just discovered it on Anime Network on Demand and I think it kicks ass.

I have that series on DVD. Nothing special imo, pretty decent for me. it was enjoyable though..

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-05 17:56:43 Reply

At 9/5/07 03:19 PM, Mendou wrote: I don't deserve to call myself a UY fanboy if i didn't know about the complete garbage that is the 6th film. Don't worry that things not worth watching let alone buying it.

Good, good.

Just figured I'd remind you, since I recall you being prone to bouts of "forgetfulness".

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-05 19:24:26 Reply

Hooray, I completed Ouran High School Host Club, which I can only some up in one cheesy foreign buzzword: MOEE. Seriously, fucking overkilled the cute in the anime, and I became a total fan girl because of it. The last episode was jusst so, so damn cute. In short, amazing serious, must watch it over again soon.

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-05 19:32:46 Reply

At 9/5/07 07:24 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: some up
amazing serious

AMUSING TYPOS!

But seriously, I fucking need to get off my ass and watch Ouran, like now...

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-05 21:54:26 Reply

At 9/5/07 09:51 PM, Mendou wrote: It's a deadly weakness, but anyway i forgot to mention i finished watching all of R.O.D. the TV and i was nothing short of amazed and i now love R.O.D to death. I must get the OVA and then start getting the manga. Im starting to get addicted to this series.

Excellent....

Both manga series are excellent and the OVAs are very much needed on your behalf.

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-05 22:16:40 Reply

At 9/5/07 09:59 PM, Mendou wrote: I still have the OVA on tape but the sound quality is shit so I'm gonna to upgrade on that.

Herdcoer.

I still have a fuckton of DBZ and Gundam stuff on VHS.

Hell, I even purchased a SECOND copy of Endless Waltz (the edited OVA version, I already had the uncut movie edition) just for the lulz.

Not to mention it should be easy as hell to get the manga since theres like only 4 volumes for both series and shouldn't take long to collect.

Yup, took me a few months, and that's because I had about 10 other series on the go at the same time.

You could easily snag it all within a matter of weeks, or if you've got the resources and can find it at a local shop or for cheap online, in one day.

glameow989
glameow989
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 05:53:59 Reply

what got me into anime was pokemon/inuyasha/bleach/fullmetel alcemist/blood+.thats all relly

i want to smell cat nip

BBS Signature
TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 07:24:32 Reply

At 9/6/07 05:53 AM, glameow989 wrote: what got me into anime was pokemon

I started laughing here. Not to be rude, but I never considered PokeMon to be an anime. More like a cartoon really.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.
Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature
Kuro
Kuro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 08:17:32 Reply

At 9/6/07 07:24 AM, TacticalShoe wrote: Not to be rude, but I never considered PokeMon to be an anime.

Children always believed the craziest things.

Of course when you bring those beliefs on, that's when the problems start.

I used to enjoy Pokemon when I was younger, but I stopped watching after they left Kanto and went onto... What was it? The orange islands or something?

I think either that, or possibly Sailor Moon was the first anime I ever saw, but I never watched Sailor Moon as a regular activity, more like 'when it was on'.

But I'm curious, what's your definition of anime?

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature
TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 08:33:25 Reply

At 9/6/07 08:17 AM, Kuro wrote:

But I'm curious, what's your definition of anime?

It's really hard to define anime, or at least I think it is. But really, when I got to thinking about it, PokeMon just felt like it became too cartoony. Something to rival shows like Dexter's Lab or Johnny Bravo on Cartoon Network. But, you could argue that the show has all the elements of man other anime shows, so I guess it could go either way.

BBS Signature
Kuro
Kuro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 16:01:06 Reply

At 9/6/07 08:33 AM, TacticalShoe wrote: so I guess it could go either way.

Actually, it really couldn't.

Anime is defined as either: A cartoon (using the literal definition), or a Japanese cartoon (using the more common definition).

Pokemon is both of those.

Anime are cartoons, it's not as if it should be a separate group which is unable to rival other American shows, nor does it have to abide by a set of rules for it to be classified under its own label.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature
TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 18:18:35 Reply

At 9/6/07 04:01 PM, Kuro wrote:
At 9/6/07 08:33 AM, TacticalShoe wrote: so I guess it could go either way.
Actually, it really couldn't.

Anime is defined as either: A cartoon (using the literal definition), or a Japanese cartoon (using the more common definition).

Pokemon is both of those.

Anime are cartoons, it's not as if it should be a separate group which is unable to rival other American shows, nor does it have to abide by a set of rules for it to be classified under its own label.

I suppose you're right. It's hard to categorize a cartoon, American or otherwise, as anything, so I guess I was wrong.

BBS Signature
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 18:33:33 Reply

At 9/6/07 08:17 AM, Kuro wrote: I used to enjoy Pokemon when I was younger, but I stopped watching after they left Kanto and went onto... What was it? The orange islands or something?

Yup, I believe it was the Orange Islands.

Pokemon was actually a decent series for the first season or so, but dropped off drastically as it went on.

I think either that, or possibly Sailor Moon was the first anime I ever saw, but I never watched Sailor Moon as a regular activity, more like 'when it was on'.

I watched Sailor Moon religiously, and if it was still on TV, I'd likely start watching it again.

I'd go out and buy it from one of the local shops, but the clerk would look at me like I'm sone kind of deranged loony. Oh well, there's always online shopping....

psykolord
psykolord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 19:03:11 Reply

Whew, been a while since I've shown up here!
Yeah, don't expect any frequency from me. Life at the university is making that impossible.

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 19:19:53 Reply

At 9/6/07 07:03 PM, psykolord wrote: Whew, been a while since I've shown up here!

That's for sure!

I missed you.

Yeah, don't expect any frequency from me. Life at the university is making that impossible.

Totally understandable, my friend.

psykolord
psykolord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 23:25:54 Reply

For the record, Netflix is GOD ON A STICK IN A SANDWICH MADE OF EQUAL PARTS AWESOME AND WIN.

I've got Blood: the Last Vampire at the bottom of my movie queue.
Know what's above it?

The Hellsing series.
Hellsing Ultimate.
And End of Evangelion. (maybe I just wanna see Shinji GROW A FUCKING PAIR, I dunno)

Netflix owns hard.

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-06 23:28:28 Reply

At 9/6/07 11:25 PM, psykolord wrote: The Hellsing series.

Win.

Hellsing Ultimate.

Even more win.

And End of Evangelion. (maybe I just wanna see Shinji GROW A FUCKING PAIR, I dunno)

*Smashes own face in with a hammer*

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 01:20:57 Reply

At 9/6/07 11:28 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 9/6/07 11:25 PM, psykolord wrote: And End of Evangelion. (maybe I just wanna see Shinji GROW A FUCKING PAIR, I dunno)

I just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 02:28:48 Reply

At 9/7/07 01:20 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:
At 9/6/07 11:28 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 9/6/07 11:25 PM, psykolord wrote: And End of Evangelion. (maybe I just wanna see Shinji GROW A FUCKING PAIR, I dunno)
I just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

I wish that I could turn back time, and make a better ending to an overrated anime. This flash sums up how I feel about the movie.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 02:41:10 Reply

Eva had some good things going for it, mechs, some characters, setting, plot, etc...

Started sucking hard towards the end and then LOL GAINAX ENDING. I've never bothered to see the EoE, no plans anytime soon.

---

Darker than BLACK along with Potemayo, TTGL, Zeta Gundam and soon to be future series are keeping me entertained. That along with /a/,/m/ & /v/... /w/ of course too. 4ch might have some mighty big faggots on it but the information and accessibility to new shows and what not are quite handy.

I'll try and do that picture thing of my room soon this week. Gonna be 21 on the 8th so I plan on staying home and getting drunk.

Possibly drunken Kisuke and his Gundams???

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 05:56:53 Reply

At 9/6/07 11:25 PM, psykolord wrote: For the record, Netflix is GOD ON A STICK IN A SANDWICH MADE OF EQUAL PARTS AWESOME AND WIN.

I've got Blood: the Last Vampire at the bottom of my movie queue.
Know what's above it?

The Hellsing series.
Hellsing Ultimate.

Netflix owns hard.

I agree that Netflix is a very useful service, but it's not perfect; They apparently don't have the first disk of Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Slayers Try, Orphen or the first volume (5-disc set) of GTO. My Saved list is at least 10% of my queue. The funny thing is, Blockbuster Total Access seems to have no problem supplying the very titles missing from Netflix's library (but they don't have full collections of series like Urusei Yatsura or Ranma 1/2).

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 07:10:17 Reply

At 9/7/07 01:20 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

I love that song so very much.

At the same time, the forced ironic contrast of the lyrics and melody made the movie feel more pretentious and stupid. Even more so because you can tell they were aiming for complete seriousness.

At 9/7/07 02:41 AM, Kisuke wrote: Eva had some good things going for it, mechs, some characters, setting, plot, etc...

....but then it all went horribly wrong.

Started sucking hard towards the end and then LOL GAINAX ENDING. I've never bothered to see the EoE, no plans anytime soon.

Good, since EoE is a travesty, worse than the last chunk of the TV series.

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 08:42:09 Reply

At 9/7/07 07:10 AM, Gendo wrote:
At 9/7/07 01:20 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.
I love that song so very much.

At the same time, the forced ironic contrast of the lyrics and melody made the movie feel more pretentious and stupid. Even more so because you can tell they were aiming for complete seriousness.

That song is actually in the movie? Goddammit. Also, ZA WARUDO. WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Since we're on the topic of horrid anime (Though EVA was decent before the fanboys ruined it, and had a terrible ending. The Manga is still great).

MINOR SPOILERS IF YOU WATCH HORRID ANIME!
I just watched 2 more episodes of Elfen Shit. prior to that, I've only seen one. Now, This series is painfully predictable, and basically rips off other anime because the bastard who created it has seen too much anime, and read too much manga. Remember what the great Osamu Tezuka said "If you want to write a new manga, don't bother reading another manga." Ofcourse, since the person who created Elfen Shit worked at Bandai, he wouldn't have known this. It's such a predictible shitfest, that when you asume Lucy is going to kill a dog, she doesn't. I THOUGHT SHE WAS A PSYCHOTIC KILLER BITCH, BUT SHE DOESN'T KILL A DOG? The creator of Ichi The Killer must be so pissed right now. It's also painfully boring. The characters are so unimaginative, it's impossible to stay awake sometimes. Jesus, the japanese cast is fucking boring in this. Ugh, they end with a rape joke in episode two, and start off the next episode with that same rape joke. Also, they introduce Nana, who is like Lucy, and has a father-daughter like relationship with the Commander (I forget his name), and will do anything he says (Evagelion rip off), and guess were they keep here in their base (Another EVA rip)? Room number 77. Ai Yazawa should fucking sue, because it's an obvious rip off of her series NANA. Also, Yuka, has a thing for Kouta. Fun fact, she's his cousin. I GUESS THEY AMERICANIZED IT TO BEGIN WITH. Fucking incest, How many doujinshis was this fat fuck former bandai employee reading? God. Kouta is an annoying main character on par with Shinji (EVA), and Raki (Claymore). In short, Lynn Okamoto should've been shot along time ago for making this travesty.
Spoilers of shitty anime end here.

KingPanther13
KingPanther13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 14:00:19 Reply

Y'know, I hear it's common to love your cousin in Japan.

Also, as for Eva, it's another thing about characters....if you don't like character development, or pretty odd art, then you won't like it. I'm into psychology, I loved seeing what could happen to people...though I didn't really enjoy the last two episodes until after I saw EoE. EoE served it justice, last two TV episodes were just sad for an original ending....but not bad for something that happened afterwards.

supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 14:49:48 Reply

At 9/7/07 07:10 AM, Gendo wrote:
Good, since EoE is a travesty, worse than the last chunk of the TV series.

It should have just ended like episode 26 with everybody telling him congratulations or some shit, but there should have been an explanation on what the fuck was going on in between those episodes. You don't start an animation project to run out of money later on. YOU FUCKING FINISH IT. I fear that the same thing will somehow happen to Gurren-Lagann, but I doubt it.

KingPanther13
KingPanther13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 16:46:58 Reply

At 9/7/07 02:49 PM, supyohos123 wrote:
blah

I'd like you to walk up to some random bum and say "You don't start your life to run out of money later on, YOU FUCKING FINISH IT!". It's not like they have control over losing money all of the time...sure, if they plan to spend more than they have then it's a bad thing, but jeesh I'm sure they had their budget in line for a while until something unexpected happened.

TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 21:49:41 Reply

Gurren-Lagann...

What is that show? It seems to be a new thing that's fairly popular among internet users. Good, bad, ugly?

BBS Signature
supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 22:33:12 Reply

At 9/7/07 09:49 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: Gurren-Lagann...

What is that show? It seems to be a new thing that's fairly popular among internet users. Good, bad, ugly?

I think the correct words to describe Gurren-Lagann is FUCKING AWESOME!

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2007-09-07 23:03:29 Reply

At 9/7/07 08:42 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: That song is actually in the movie? Goddammit.

Yep, it plays in the second act of the film.
In short, Lynn Okamoto should've been shot along time ago for making this travesty.
Yup, he's a horrid cunt.

At 9/7/07 10:08 PM, Mendou wrote: It's the newest Anime series from Gainax(the anime studio that came up with Nadia: the secret of blue water and EVA)

I'd hope to God everyone is this club knows of Gainax already, since they are one of the most mainstream and well-know studios in Japan.

At 9/7/07 10:33 PM, supyohos123 wrote: I think the correct words to describe Gurren-Lagann is FUCKING AWESOME!

What this guy said.