00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,794,829 Views | 59,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 16:44:29

I started watching Ranma, and I think that it is a pretty good series, but I favor YYH and DBZ more.

I know it's not the animation style, or the dubbing, so it might be the comedy. Honestly, I laugh at their jokes, but they are not truly funny (like some of the stuff in YYH or Bleach). I think that it is altogether a better series than most other animes, but the ones shown in the US (not including crap like One Piece and bobobobobobobobo) are generally better/more appealing to someone from the United States.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 16:51:44

Hey, do any of you guys know of a site where I can watch and/or download episodes of Azumanga Daioh?

I've never watched it before, but a lot of people seem to like it so I want to give it a whirl.

DigDugz, fighting communism and idiocy since 1991.

Sig By ExtraTim.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 16:54:58

At 3/14/07 04:51 PM, DigDugz wrote: Hey, do any of you guys know of a site where I can watch and/or download episodes of Azumanga Daioh?

I've never watched it before, but a lot of people seem to like it so I want to give it a whirl.

Pm me. You aren't allowed to talk about that stuff here. (trust me, I would know).

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 16:56:16

At 3/14/07 04:51 PM, DigDugz wrote: Hey, do any of you guys know of a site where I can watch and/or download episodes of Azumanga Daioh?

Yes we do, but we don't talk about downloading/watching videos online. I'm sure you could find it if you tried, it isn't that hard. There is a large site, that hosts tons of animes...recently bought by Google...is in trouble right now for not removing enough videos..has You in the title....

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 19:02:47

At 3/14/07 03:16 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote:
At 3/14/07 03:14 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 3/14/07 03:10 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Are you testing me too? just wondering.....
No.
Why not?

Because you are just a normal member. He said he was testing authority figures.

At 3/14/07 03:42 PM, LordKooler wrote: I just recently watched the first two episodes of BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad on Much Music yesterday. It's a great series so far.

As am I. I can't wait for tonight's three new episodes.

At 3/14/07 04:44 PM, Fremen wrote: I started watching Ranma, and I think that it is a pretty good series, but I favor YYH and DBZ more.

*Sobs*

I know it's not the animation style, or the dubbing, so it might be the comedy.

What on earth is wrong with the comedy?

Honestly, I laugh at their jokes, but they are not truly funny (like some of the stuff in YYH or Bleach).

I don't follow, call me crazy, but I rarely ever find the humor in either YYH or Bleach to be truly funny.

At 3/14/07 04:47 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Yes ranma 1/2 is very good....but the humor is rather dull compared to Bleach but still a anime classic.

Jesus, both of you are morons. I just don't get you youngguns and your sense of humor.

In case you didn't get it, I'm a huge Ranma fanboy, and seeing it be called "dull" humor-wise in comparison to a series that isn't even all that focused on comedy tears holes in my heart.

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 19:25:22

Yu yu isn't even ABOUT the comedy, guys. It's about the part where Yusuke manages to kick ass.
And if that's a spoiler, then I'll mark the TITLE of an anime as a spoiler next time. :P
By the way, Ranma's comedy kicks ass. A friend of mine swapped anime with me at one point; he gave me the entire Ranma series, including OAVs and movies, for my Grave of the Fireflies DVD.
...yes, tremble in awe.
Now, the problem is, he got his Ranma set on eBay, from a guy who he later found out did not obtain it properly. As a result, exactly half of the discs in the box he gave me work perfectly, but for the other half...they'll mess up halfway through, and wind up skipping a couple episodes.
But, that said, I've got the whole series. :D

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 19:29:51

At 3/14/07 07:02 PM, Gendo wrote:
In case you didn't get it, I'm a huge Ranma fanboy, and seeing it be called "dull" humor-wise in comparison to a series that isn't even all that focused on comedy tears holes in my heart.

I know! How is cat-fu and a perverted, panty loving, underwear stealing , pint-sized martial arts master NOT funny? And Ryoga is just a walking pile of FUNNY! (he is walking because he got lost..which never gets old...like Ranma becoming a girl. I've never seen someone get so wet so often....except maybe in H-Animes...am i right!)

Bleach isn't without its funny moments...

Slayers is also very funny.

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 19:42:17

At 3/14/07 07:25 PM, psykolord wrote: By the way, Ranma's comedy kicks ass. A friend of mine swapped anime with me at one point; he gave me the entire Ranma series, including OAVs and movies, for my Grave of the Fireflies DVD.

0_0

...yes, tremble in awe.

My God, I am so envious...

Lucky, I only have the first two seasons and the first volume of season seven.

At 3/14/07 07:29 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: I know! How is cat-fu and a perverted, panty loving, underwear stealing , pint-sized martial arts master NOT funny?

Fucking A.

And Ryoga is just a walking pile of FUNNY!

That's for damn sure, Ryoga is comedy gold.

like Ranma becoming a girl. I've never seen someone get so wet so often....except maybe in H-Animes...am i right!)

Hahaha, good one.

Bleach isn't without its funny moments...

True, but comedy isn't it's focus, or really it's strong point.

The above statement is true. Slayers is genius.

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 19:50:16

I don't like serious animes. They don't have to be comedies, just light hearted...which usually has bits of comedy. Yusuke's fights when he was in the tournament to become the old lady's student had some pretty funny stuff.

YUYU SPOILERS*************************************

Like how he got lucky by falling in a pool of water and caused the exploding throwing stars to hit the opponent, and then he got lucky again with the demon guy by having muk stuck in his ears so the demon accidenty has his spell cast on himself. Then the Yusuke Power Elbow Drop...or whatever that move was called. I haven't watched the series since its been on AS, so I don't remember everything too well.

END O YUYU SPOILERS*************************************

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 19:55:48

At 3/14/07 07:50 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: I don't like serious animes.

I'm not a big fan of them either, I like lulz and romance over all this "deep thought" crap that everyone else loves.

They don't have to be comedies, just light hearted...which usually has bits of comedy. Yusuke's fights when he was in the tournament to become the old lady's student had some pretty funny stuff.

YYH has some genuinely lulzy moments (especially early on in the series), not to mention the only time it takes itself seriously are the big "battle against the ultimate villain" episodes.

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 20:13:45

so anyone ever see this anime before? it was the first to be shown in color.http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nur_fWvG4MM

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 20:31:05

At 3/14/07 04:47 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote:
At 3/14/07 04:44 PM, Fremen wrote: I started watching Ranma, and I think that it is a pretty good series, but I favor YYH and DBZ more.

I know it's not the animation style, or the dubbing, so it might be the comedy. Honestly, I laugh at their jokes, but they are not truly funny (like some of the stuff in YYH or Bleach).
Yes ranma 1/2 is very good....but the humor is rather dull compared to Bleach but still a anime classic.

The main idea of that anime is to mock Japenese opions on men and women, and also its humor is the best. There will never be an anime as good or random as Ranma....best idea ever.

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 20:39:22

At 3/14/07 08:31 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: The main idea of that anime is to mock Japenese opions on men and women, and also its humor is the best. There will never be an anime as good or random as Ranma....best idea ever.

God, I love you so much.

I could go on about how dear the series is to me, but it'd take hours to type and I'd come off as a crazy old fanboy.

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 20:48:18

At 3/14/07 08:39 PM, Gendo wrote:
I could go on about how dear the series is to me, but it'd take hours to type and I'd come off as a crazy old fanboy.

Try posting all the character connections...that would take a while. (Shampoo wants to marry Ranma, but wants to kill Girl Ranma, and also she turns into a cat, which Ranma has an extreme fear of...she also wants to get rid of Akane because of her marrital status to Ranma.) Wow..and that's only one part of one of the characters.....good times.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 20:51:47

At 3/14/07 08:48 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: Try posting all the character connections...that would take a while.

Man, so very true.

(Shampoo wants to marry Ranma, but wants to kill Girl Ranma, and also she turns into a cat, which Ranma has an extreme fear of...she also wants to get rid of Akane because of her marrital status to Ranma.)

That's only Shampoo as of the first four volumes....

Wow..and that's only one part of one of the characters.....good times.

Hahahaha, damn straight.

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 20:59:14

Hehe- I present Ryoga in one sentence. Ryoga has always a bit of rivilary with Ranma but hates him Now that ranma turned him into a pig but falls in love with Akane while Ranma through chasing him ends up meeting Ms. Kuno who falls in love with Ranma which leads to a relation ship change with Akanethrough Ranma which introduces a skating pair that ends up with Ranma and Ryoga working together. Whew! one longgggggggg sentence. [And thats the first two volumes!]

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 21:03:26

At 3/14/07 08:59 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Whew! one longgggggggg sentence.

Best run-on sentence ever.

[And thats the first two volumes!]

Very accurate summary, too.

Also, tonight's three episodes of BECK got cancelled in favor of an Ice-T's Rap School marathon, BOLLOCKS!

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 21:39:04

At 3/14/07 07:42 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 3/14/07 07:25 PM, psykolord wrote:
...yes, tremble in awe.
My God, I am so envious...

I'd love to say that it came with a shower scene of Shampoo, Girl Ranma, and Akane...but I'd be lying my ass off. :(
By the way, Haro, do you have anything to say (either in thread or via PM) that would involve Shampoo, Girl Ranma, and/or Akane? ;)

Lucky, I only have the first two seasons and the first volume of season seven.

Goddamn...sux2bu. :D

The above statement is true. Slayers is genius.

Slayers is God, fuck genius. I love Ranma and all, but I still haven't finished watching it; I've seen all three Slayers series, and I STILL say the best moment was...

*SPOILERS*

For comedy, there's two
- Someone starts talking about philosophy and whatnot, and Lina goes "Save that kind of talk for some other series!"
- Lina and Gourry return from that really freaky place where the Lord of Nightmares gave Lina back to him, and Gourry's got his arms around her, so Lina beats the shit out of him. (Slayers Next)

For Kickassness, there's a few, but I have a favorite.
- When the Lord of Nightmares basically cockslaps Fibrizo into oblivion. Sounded to me like "Okay, young man, you get a TIME OUT!"

For romance, there is only one: when Gourry jumps after Lina RIGHT into the Lord of Nightmares' realm to save her life. Fucking brilliant.

*END SPOILERS*

And for the record, stop: Ragna Blade!
Damnit, if I knew how to just put a pic right on here, I'd do it now. :(

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 21:52:04

At 3/14/07 09:39 PM, psykolord wrote: I'd love to say that it came with a shower scene of Shampoo, Girl Ranma, and Akane...but I'd be lying my ass off. :(

Not only would you be lying, you'd also cause me to have a goddamned heart attack.

By the way, Haro, do you have anything to say (either in thread or via PM) that would involve Shampoo, Girl Ranma, and/or Akane? ;)

Hahahaha, I believe I sent him some Akane stuff about a week ago, ask him for it.

Goddamn...sux2bu. :D

Yes, it does. Oh well, I got seasons one and two for $49, and the volume from season seven was only $6.....AT WALMART, NO LESS!

Slayers is God, fuck genius. I love Ranma and all, but I still haven't finished watching it; I've seen all three Slayers series, and I STILL say the best moment was...

*SPOILERS*

- Lina and Gourry return from that really freaky place where the Lord of Nightmares gave Lina back to him, and Gourry's got his arms around her, so Lina beats the shit out of him. (Slayers Next)

Hahahaha, epic win.

For Kickassness, there's a few, but I have a favorite.
- When the Lord of Nightmares basically cockslaps Fibrizo into oblivion. Sounded to me like "Okay, young man, you get a TIME OUT!"

Hahaha, sweet Jesus.

*END SPOILERS*

Let's not forget Phil....everyone's favorite "pacifist".

GOODWILL TOWARDS MEN CRUSH!!!

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 21:56:26

At 3/14/07 09:39 PM, psykolord wrote:

And for the record, stop: Ragna Blade!
Damnit, if I knew how to just put a pic right on here, I'd do it now. :(

I have probably the best picture of Ragna Blade on my freeweb site.

What about the great moment when Xelloss decides to give an example of how Martina's spell on Lina works? So he puts Gourry's hand on Lina's breast......comedy ensues.

Here is the quickest picture I can find that is the right size.

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 22:00:52

At 3/14/07 09:56 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: What about the great moment when Xelloss decides to give an example of how Martina's spell on Lina works? So he puts Gourry's hand on Lina's breast......comedy ensues.

Hahahaha, man, classic stuff.

I also loved when Lina refused to let Gourry have some of her ice cream, he caustically remarked "You're going to get fat, you know."

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 22:20:01

The OVAs, movies, and specials are really funny also.

DRAGON SLA~NYU!....Nyu?

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-14 22:21:19

At 3/14/07 10:20 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: The OVAs, movies, and specials are really funny also.

Blockbuster has the OVAs, and the local import shop has the movies.

God, I hate being broke....

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-15 01:38:00

I just saw episode 1-5 of Ikkitousen. It's not bad, but it's also not very good, It's pretty wel So-so. Fun to watch, but weak storyline.

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-15 02:42:44

After playing over halfway through SRW W, I have the odd but sudden urge to watch Golion (a.k.a The First Voltron). XD

Sorry for the lack of updates and news, but I have been extremely busy with the Assigment Rush, getting over severe fatique and playing SRW W. But I'll be back and active hopefully when I get back to Hong Kong on the 25th of March.

Oh and of course, Lolion Subscribers, check your pigeon holes (inboxes). I have not forgotten about you all (unless the list grows out of hand).

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-15 06:31:47

I recently signed up for NetFlix, and my queue contains more anime than you can shake a stick at. I received and watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Conquerer of Shamballa yesterday, and I'm expecting volume one of Onegai Teacher today or tomorrow. They don't seem to have Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, so I sent a request for it.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-15 10:25:39

At 3/14/07 07:02 PM, Gendo wrote: Jesus, both of you are morons. I just don't get you youngguns and your sense of humor.

*Dons Exeldore (sp?) head*
Yat-de-Culture!

My God, is the Generation Gap closer than we thought?
It makes me irritated to see the SEED and SEED Destiny Fanboys/Fangirls oogle the series for the androgynous and ambiguously gay duo/trio and ignore the real classics when Tomino was the director.

Heck, even Turn-A is superior in terms of storyline.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-15 11:49:44

At 3/15/07 06:31 AM, MrTrivia wrote: I received and watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Conquerer of Shamballa yesterday

I'm kinda interested to read your thoughts about it.

---

I think I'm going to watch Monster as my next series. It's about 70+ episodes so at least I'll have my hands full with it for a while.

Oh yeah, got a good quality release of Rozen Maiden: Ouverture as well as the Tales of Eternia series and Tales of Phantasia OVA.

Good things, good things.

I make level 15 look good. B)

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-15 12:48:59

Have any of you guys read Rebound? It is the basketball manga I was asking about yesterday or so. It doesn't look like anything special though.

Response to Anime Club 2007-03-15 12:54:21

I just noticed something.

Since when did we pass the Mafia?

(Oh and sorry for the double-post)