00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,812,430 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-26 22:49:34

At 2/26/07 10:35 PM, ElectroMagnetic wrote: Here is Nagato Yuki for those who play MUGEN. You even get to see some other main characters.

FUCKING THANK YOU!!!!

Dio Brando Vs. Nagato Yuki

Who will win?

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-26 22:49:53

At 2/26/07 10:15 PM, Gendo wrote: Now, now, Haro. There are limits ot elitism, not everyone can be expected to remember such things.

I know, though it seemed funny at the point I was posting it to phrase it so.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-26 22:54:46

About the whole "why can't the japanese voice actors do the dub" discussion, if you've ever heard the majority of japanese people speak english, you'd know thet their voice tends to get very high, reedy, and quiet when they do so. Even higher pitched than it normally is. Also, their accent causes them to speak like they had a dick stuck in their mouth.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-26 23:03:40

At 2/26/07 10:49 PM, Gendo wrote: Dio Brando Vs. Nagato Yuki

Who will win?

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!!

Yuki kicked the shit out of Dio, the poor bastard didn't even win a single round.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-26 23:05:55

At 2/26/07 11:03 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/26/07 10:49 PM, Gendo wrote: Dio Brando Vs. Nagato Yuki

Who will win?
THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!!

Yuki kicked the shit out of Dio, the poor bastard didn't even win a single round.

It was pretty obvious from the start.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-26 23:15:31

At 2/26/07 11:05 PM, ElectroMagnetic wrote: It was pretty obvious from the start.

Hey, I was giving Dio the benefit of the doubt, but alas, The World is nothing compared to Yuki's crazy magic powers.

Dio's Stand crashed about fifteen times during the first round alone....

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-26 23:30:19

At 2/26/07 11:15 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/26/07 11:05 PM, ElectroMagnetic wrote: It was pretty obvious from the start.
Hey, I was giving Dio the benefit of the doubt, but alas, The World is nothing compared to Yuki's crazy magic powers.

Crazy Magic Powers>WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
It's simple math.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 00:09:19

At 2/26/07 10:49 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/26/07 10:35 PM, ElectroMagnetic wrote: Here is Nagato Yuki for those who play MUGEN. You even get to see some other main characters.
FUCKING THANK YOU!!!!

Dio Brando Vs. Nagato Yuki

Who will win?

I don't know how that site works. Was there a way to see the characters fight? Cus all I'm seeing are character faqs, like moves and stuff.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 00:11:20

At 2/27/07 12:09 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote:

I don't know how that site works. Was there a way to see the characters fight? Cus all I'm seeing are character faqs, like moves and stuff.

Yeah so am I. I really want to see people fight.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 00:23:27

I see videos like Angel vs SOS and with Yuki Nagato, but she is fighting like Evil Ken/Ryu...

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 06:10:02

In before nightmare combinations such as Master Asia VS the entire line of EVA units.

oshi-

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 08:24:44

I have a question; If I were to pick up the entire series of Urusei Yatsura, which should I get - the anime or the manga?

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 09:01:49

Okay, it's time for more crazy Anime fights!

Most annoyingly cute character that you want to fucking dissect in Biology class

Pikachu (Pokemon) Vs. Hamtaro (Hamtaro)

Best Magical Girl:

Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon) Vs. Sakura (CardCaptor Sakura)

Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) Vs. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Speaking of which

Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin, assume Battousai state of mind) Vs. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 10:22:30

With all this talk of what character would beeat what character, I think it may be time to resurrect the anime club RP's. The rules are simple. You play as your character, and what they can actually do. Vehicles/mechs are not allowed unless agreed upon beforehand. You cannot go god mode, and as always, my word is absolute. Now, I need to know a few things first:
1. Who is actually interested in doing this?
2. Do you just want to fight each other till it's over, or do you want to form a party and have me (or someone else) make up a story and you all go DnD/WoW through it?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 10:52:14

At 2/27/07 12:09 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: I don't know how that site works. Was there a way to see the characters fight? Cus all I'm seeing are character faqs, like moves and stuff.

MUGEN is a gaming engine you must program yourself, you download the sprites of the characters you want in zip files with text files for their command lists and sound files for battlecries.

It can be a pain in the ass to use sometimes, but it's worth it.

At 2/27/07 06:10 AM, HaroFreak wrote: In before nightmare combinations such as Master Asia VS the entire line of EVA units.

oshi-

Hahaha, that was brilliant. Loved the look on Gendo's face when Rei charged out and got her ass kicked.

At 2/27/07 08:24 AM, MrTrivia wrote: I have a question; If I were to pick up the entire series of Urusei Yatsura, which should I get - the anime or the manga?

Hmmm, that's a tough one.

Go for the anime, seeing as only eight volumes are currently available in English of the manga out of the thirty-four that have been written.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 10:57:32

At 2/27/07 09:01 AM, psykolord wrote: Okay, it's time for more crazy Anime fights!

Most annoyingly cute character that you want to fucking dissect in Biology class

Pikachu (Pokemon) Vs. Hamtaro (Hamtaro)

Well of course Pikachu...cus he has fucking ELECTRIC attacks! And Hamtaro is a hamster.

Best Magical Girl:

Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon) Vs. Sakura (CardCaptor Sakura)

I'm just going to go with Sakura, because she's cooler and has cards like power,fly, speed (not sure if thats the name), plus the elemental cards.

Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) Vs. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Haven't watched enough YuYu to know, since I stopped after the first episode or two of Yusuke fighting that strong guy with the sunglasses.

Speaking of which

Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin, assume Battousai state of mind) Vs. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Well Kenshin is good...but he is still human, while Hiei has supernatural demon abilities, like that Dragon of the Darkness Flame and that third eye thing.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:00:40

At 2/27/07 10:57 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: Haven't watched enough YuYu to know, since I stopped after the first episode or two of Yusuke fighting that strong guy with the sunglasses.

I also lost interest there, Toguro was a pretty shitty villain.

Things don't get much more interesting afterwards either, which is sad, since the first thirty or so episodes of the series were awesome, but the rest is just......dull.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:02:11

At 2/27/07 10:52 AM, Gendo wrote:
MUGEN is a gaming engine you must program yourself, you download the sprites of the characters you want in zip files with text files for their command lists and sound files for battlecries.

I know what MUGEN is, but when you talked about a fight between Dio vs. Yuki, I didn't know you did that yourself...unless that vid is just on youtube or something.

Oh Yuki..hacking into your own file and giving yourself all those 9s...

Though you don't need to be superpowerful to use a Crotch Punch!

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:06:20

At 2/27/07 11:02 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: I know what MUGEN is, but when you talked about a fight between Dio vs. Yuki, I didn't know you did that yourself...unless that vid is just on youtube or something.

Nope, I did it myself.

I never bother to search YouTuve for MUGEN-related stuff, I find it more fun to make my own match-ups, because then I have choice of background music.

LONG LIVE EDITING BGM!!!

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:13:15

I was searching for two pics of Haruhi's that look alike, but then I find that someone already did a good job of it...with bunny suits to boot.

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:24:37

At 2/27/07 11:13 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: I was searching for two pics of Haruhi's that look alike, but then I find that someone already did a good job of it...with bunny suits to boot.

Hahaha, impressive.

I'm stacking up one again on anime-related images for the sake of /b/ and making posters, so far I've got around fifty new Hellsing pics and a few nice large Haruhi ones.

I also rediscovered that old site that has a motivational poster template, and made a few of my own anime-related ones.

Rape
Drugs

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:27:43

At 2/27/07 11:24 AM, Gendo wrote:
I also rediscovered that old site that has a motivational poster template, and made a few of my own anime-related ones.

Rape
Drugs

That rape one was funny as hell. I hope i don't have class at 11:00, cus we had some terrorist threat thing and classes were cancelled until 10:30...atleast the test i might have is open book and people I know have last semester's test. I learned my lesson last time, when I chose to not copy the whole thing..silly me.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:28:24

are you guys talking about mugen?? it's a basic game and you can make your own character in there (that is if you have a LLLOOOTT of patience)

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:30:20

At 2/27/07 11:27 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: That rape one was funny as hell.

That's what I was aiming for.

I hope i don't have class at 11:00, cus we had some terrorist threat thing and classes were cancelled until 10:30...atleast the test i might have is open book and people I know have last semester's test. I learned my lesson last time, when I chose to not copy the whole thing..silly me.

Wow, sounds like utter lunacy. Hope the situation resolves, and good luck with the test.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:30:46

At 2/27/07 11:28 AM, fiona19 wrote:
are you guys talking about mugen?? it's a basic game and you can make your own character in there (that is if you have a LLLOOOTT of patience)

At least there are lots of characters already made, like I noticed that Japanese site had downloadable character files.

Yay, no class!

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:33:04

At 2/27/07 11:30 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: At least there are lots of characters already made, like I noticed that Japanese site had downloadable character files.

You can download nearly anyone, I've seen everyone from Karnov (who didn't work when I downloaded him) to Akane Tendo (who I wanted badly, but the site hosting the zip got into legal hot water over something and had to eliminate their MUGEN page).

Yay, no class!

Huzzah! We shall now party!

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:37:03

At 2/27/07 11:30 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote:
At least there are lots of characters already made, like I noticed that Japanese site had downloadable character files.

^^ you should try melty blood characters especially tsukihime (devastating)

btw anyone knows whats more powerful the evangelion's a.t. field or full metal's Lambda Drive?

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:39:59

At 2/27/07 11:33 AM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/27/07 11:30 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote:
Yay, no class!
Huzzah! We shall now party!

Yeah, when i Wikied it, because I didn't know what it was at the time, there was talk about legality issues..i guess vague copyright laws and such. It would be easier if you could find a way to rip SNES character files...if that is even possible..seems like it would be. Ranma 1/2 for SNES was fun..I liked being Tatewaki Kuno, but that dragon guy seemed a little overpowered.

I will save that rape PSA you made in the same place I have those Slayers manga pictures I don't want on my screensaver.

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:46:36

At 2/27/07 11:39 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: Ranma 1/2 for SNES was fun..I liked being Tatewaki Kuno, but that dragon guy seemed a little overpowered.

God, that game wins. I still play in constantly.

I will save that rape PSA you made in the same place I have those Slayers manga pictures I don't want on my screensaver.

Hahaha, I too have a secret folder or three for "special" pictures, and that needs to go in one, and fast.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-27 11:51:43

At 2/27/07 11:46 AM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/27/07 11:39 AM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote:
Hahaha, I too have a secret folder or three for "special" pictures, and that needs to go in one, and fast.

The Slayers manga didn't mind showing nudity, they show Lina naked and often have her nipples/outline of breast showing through her shirt.

And that picture is of Luna's image being shown for money while she takes a shower, and is one of the reasons why Lina left home and is so afraid of her now.....

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature