00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,811,520 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-12-31 12:08:01

webe

Response to Anime Club 2005-12-31 12:09:35

doooooooooood i like yore taste in anime / manga

Response to Anime Club 2005-12-31 17:07:21

At 12/31/05 12:37 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 12/30/05 09:29 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote: I find generalizations like that to be offensive.
He did say MOST, not all you know...

yes, he said "most". To say "all" would be worse, but "most" is still bad. It's messed up to say that most in a group of millions/billions of people are immature. At least I'm not southern. I'd be pissed off if I were. I'm not starting a fight or calling names. I'm just saying I'm a little offended. My mother was born in the south, you know.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-12-31 22:24:41

Now is this argument about South Americans or people from the Southern US? Becasue I was born in North Carolina.

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:28:15

HAPPY NEW YEAR ANIME CLUB!!!

I think is appropriate!

Noone can say Happy New Yearr than this hottie! Shinobu!

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:32:36

happy new years people, now people lets talk about how different the s-CRY-ed anime is differnent from the manga. here's a link.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:35:07

At 12/29/05 08:15 PM, BigFan7 wrote: At 12/29/05 01:07 PM, HaroFreak wrote: We all prefer the subtitled version of Naruto over the translated and edited equivalents.

I prefer just about anything over Naruto. I watched the 1st 15 episodes and had to stop. I just can't see what people see in this anime. The ONLY good thing i can see going for it is the special effects and that's it. The story plot sucks, and the comedy (if you can call it that) is very sub par and full of toliet himor, which is the kind of humor i dislike.

i dissagree with not liking the anime but agree with not liking the crappy voice overs.what has some really good comedy is genshiken,it makes quite a few referances to other anime,manga and video games ,that is perfect for an otaku.another great comedic anime is hara+guu.i actually roffled when i saw the first episode.

by the way todays my birthday

It's a non-stop disco. | Blawg. | Bookface.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:40:07

At 1/1/06 12:32 AM, Mutant_Busterjr wrote: happy new years people, now people lets talk about how different the s-CRY-ed anime is differnent from the manga. here's a link.

the s-cry-ed manga was awsome hehehehhe so bloody and over powered characters and kickass story i really did expect that about ryuho's past tho lol so awsome

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:40:10

At 1/1/06 12:28 AM, BigFan7 wrote: HAPPY NEW YEAR ANIME CLUB!!!

I think is appropriate!

Noone can say Happy New Yearr than this hottie! Shinobu!

i love love hina! also,will he ever get into tokyo university?(ive have not finished the manga.i also think that girl in the hina house is the main characters lost friend that said they would meet each other in toyo u(im to lazy to flip through the manga to find names)

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:47:39

At 1/1/06 12:40 AM, Yusuke-Urameshi wrote:
At 1/1/06 12:32 AM, Mutant_Busterjr wrote: happy new years people, now people lets talk about how different the s-CRY-ed anime is differnent from the manga. here's a link.
the s-cry-ed manga was awsome hehehehhe so bloody and over powered characters and kickass story i really did expect that about ryuho's past tho lol so awsome

yep, it is way different than the anime and kinda made me feel weak in the stomach but it's kinda good.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:49:55

i mean to say did NOT suspect that

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:55:59

At 1/1/06 12:49 AM, Yusuke-Urameshi wrote: i mean to say did NOT suspect that

hey, if i didn't notice, no one cares so take it easy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 00:59:38

At 1/1/06 12:47 AM, Mutant_Busterjr wrote:
yep, it is way different than the anime and kinda made me feel weak in the stomach but it's kinda good.

if s-cry-ed maes you sick then you should neverevereverevereverevereverevereveeverre
verever see the anime gantz
1.too gory for the likes of you(no offence
2.tons and tons of violence.
3.to much hentai for ya to handle.
also elfen lied,but theise are some of the best nimes ive seen.ever.the mangas not bad either,if you can read kanji.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 01:06:15

At 1/1/06 12:59 AM, Kei_Kurono wrote: if s-cry-ed maes you sick then you should neverevereverevereverevereverevereveeverre
verever see the anime gantz
1.too gory for the likes of you(no offence
2.tons and tons of violence.
3.to much hentai for ya to handle.
also elfen lied,but theise are some of the best nimes ive seen.ever.the mangas not bad either,if you can read kanji.

well it was because of the randomness of the plot which made me sick so usually prefer the anime, since the ending was better. it was also called the x-men of japan and gundam was called the star trek of japan. dang they pretty much have a japanese version of everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 03:04:55

I was a wondering what is worth watching more Gantz or Elfen lied
I heard their both Violent both perverted and both very good.

Also Is their a batel Royal Anime
I know theirs a movie and a book and a manga.

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 14:27:55

At 12/29/05 12:58 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote: As far as anime/mangas, I got the Outlaw Star perfect collection, the first 9 episodes of Bubblegum Crisis, (which I have not seen yet) Dead Leaves, and Memories.
I also got the first Berserk manga, which I haven't read yet.

Some non Japan related things I got were

DVD: Unleashed (unrated) and 28 Days Later.
Xbox: Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
PS2: Soul Calibur 3.:
I got some other little things too. I should be getting at least one more present when I go to see my grandparents and my dad, who was in China during Christmas.

I just came back from shopping with my Xmas money and got Akira, which I've seen a few years ago, but never bothered to purchase. I also got Cold Winter for PS2 and Darkwatch for Xbox. I still haven't watched Bubblegum Crisis or read Berserk. I've been playing video games and watching Outlaw Star. I'm already almost finished watching it. I just love that show so much!

My plans to see my grandparents and father were canceled due to the weather, so I still haven't gotten all of my presents. I'm supposed to see them this Saturday.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 14:32:12

At 1/1/06 03:04 AM, secret_toad wrote: I was a wondering what is worth watching more Gantz or Elfen lied
I heard their both Violent both perverted and both very good.

Also Is their a batel Royal Anime
I know theirs a movie and a book and a manga.

if you like more violence and hentai(hentai in volume 7 of gantz)then get gantz
if you want something short and sweet(elfen lied is only 4 volumes)get elfen lied,they blow the heads off children,and nyu/lucys bodie is so lush.they also got these things called vectors that come out of their back that looks like invisible hands,

i would get both.although i have both.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 14:52:47

At 1/1/06 02:32 PM, Kei_Kurono wrote: if you like more violence and hentai(hentai in volume 7 of gantz)then get gantz
if you want something short and sweet(elfen lied is only 4 volumes)get elfen lied,they blow the heads off children,and nyu/lucys bodie is so lush.they also got these things called vectors that come out of their back that looks like invisible hands,

i would get both.although i have both.

Thanks ill check out the manga one day but I was wondering about the anime cause my mom likes to watch them as well.

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 15:03:52

The funny thing about that is I got for X-Mas:

-Gantz Vol. 5
-Gantz Vol. 6
-Elfen Lied Vol. 1
-Elfen Lied Vol. 2
-Elfen Lied Vol. 3

I love all the action and violence in it. But the weird thing about it is so does my Mom. She loves watching anime with me. Its cool and all so when we were watching all the sex scenes and stuff in Gantz, she didn't care. ^_^ Hurray for Super Mom.

But this isn't just an info post. I'm defending some stuff as well as bashing it. Naruto as an anime = suck automatically. No matter how good the anime can be, it will never live up to the greatness of the manga. Hands down.

Love Hina however as an anime = kinda sucky. The anime as a whole is good, but then you start to nitpick at small stuff like how they SPEND 23 EPISODES SCREWING AROUND WITH THE STORY THEN RUSH THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE ENTIRE MANGA INTO 2 EPISODES AND 3 MOVIES. But if you remember, Love Hina is a Harem/Romance Comedy anime and it to be treated as such. The only real comedy anime I can remember might be Lupin the III and maybe FLCL.

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 15:11:02

At 1/1/06 03:03 PM, Renewman wrote:

The only real comedy anime I can remember might be Lupin the III and maybe FLCL.

Lupin the III was hillarious it was good. sorry i haven't been here awhile guys been busy

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 19:54:21

At 1/1/06 03:11 PM, Videogamemaster64 wrote:
At 1/1/06 03:03 PM, Renewman wrote:
The only real comedy anime I can remember might be Lupin the III and maybe FLCL.

Lupin the III was hillarious it was good. sorry i haven't been here awhile guys been busy

SON OF A BITCH!!!!, you're with those ng mafia faggots. whats also more fucked up is that im edward elric.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 22:02:11

At 1/1/06 07:54 PM, Mutant_Busterjr wrote: SON OF A BITCH!!!!, you're with those ng mafia faggots. whats also more fucked up is that im edward elric.

NG Mafia? WTF is this all about?

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 23:11:00

igot gantz volume 1-8,and elfen lied 1-4.volume nine of gantz was out but the MANHATTAN MALL was closed today'my dad would Kick my ass if he saw the sex scenes in gantz and elfen lied.if your about to get gantz volume seven,i suggest your mom sit this one out since it has hentai.

************************************SPOILE
R ALERT FOR GANTZ VOL 7**********************

kei kurono,has sex with kei kishimoto but it turns out kei kurono was actually masturbating about it and it wasnt real!but he gets some action in the next episode,with the girl in front of the dvd cover.

**********************************END SPOILER ALERT*************************************

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-01 23:30:34

At 1/1/06 11:11 PM, Kei_Kurono wrote:

SPOILEr

R ALERT FOR GANTZ VOL 7**********************
kei kurono,has sex with kei kishimoto but it turns out kei kurono was actually masturbating about it and it wasnt real!but he gets some action in the next episode,with the girl in front of the dvd cover.
**********************************END SPOILER ALERT*************************************

WOAH but like does it show the Vagina and penes
and is it all hardcore

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-02 00:54:00

Alright for the New Year I would like to join your club and engage in heated and hot topics about anime with all of you; I've created several topics in the genral forum yet I have recievve many coherent responces.

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-02 03:51:20

Alright anime club. I have to leave again. I go back to San Diego, but for my Marine Combat Training (22 days of shooting relly big weapons, and sleeping under the stars). After which I head straight to North Carolina for my Military Occupational Specialty (Plumber, in my case) school for 10 weeks. So it'll be a while before you hear from me again. Technically I leave on Tuesday, but I have to work tomorrow, and then get all my gear packed away, and make sure my service alpha uniform is ready for wear, so I probably wont get to say bye. So I'm saying it now. Bye. try not to turn this place into too big of a shithole while I'm gone.

And BigFan, I appreciate that you're passionate about anime, and fanservice especially, but not every is as passionate as you, plase try to tone it down.

Oh, and to everyone. Debates about types of anime (such as Naruto, and love Hina) are nice to see happening, but try not to let them get into a retarded flame war. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-02 07:03:13

At 1/1/06 10:02 PM, BigFan7 wrote: At 1/1/06 07:54 PM, Mutant_Busterjr wrote: SON OF A BITCH!!!!, you're with those ng mafia faggots. whats also more fucked up is that im edward elric.

a little too much to explain so you get the idea.and wonko, good luck on your trip.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-02 07:48:54

At 1/2/06 03:51 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Alright anime club. I have to leave again. I go back to San Diego, but for my Marine Combat Training (22 days of shooting relly big weapons, and sleeping under the stars). After which I head straight to North Carolina for my Military Occupational Specialty (Plumber, in my case) school for 10 weeks. So it'll be a while before you hear from me again. Technically I leave on Tuesday, but I have to work tomorrow, and then get all my gear packed away, and make sure my service alpha uniform is ready for wear, so I probably wont get to say bye. So I'm saying it now. Bye. try not to turn this place into too big of a shithole while I'm gone.

Good luck, Wonko. Semper Fi! *salutes*

At 1/1/06 10:02 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 1/1/06 07:54 PM, Mutant_Busterjr wrote: SON OF A BITCH!!!!, you're with those ng mafia faggots. whats also more fucked up is that im edward elric.

What I'd like to know, Mutant_Busterjr, is why you're only targeting Videogamemaster64. Twin_Uzis was a member of both clubs, and I still am. It's not his fault that you were deemed too spammy to join the Mafia, and I won't let you pin the blame on him. Let's just put the past behind us and I'll try to get you a second chance if you clean up your act a bit - I think you would have a good deal of posts that qualify you for membership if only they weren't anti-NG Mafia.

But back on the topic at hand, I'm glad to announce that Adult Swim has put new episodes of Inuyasha back in the schedule. Inuyasha is on Tuesday nights at 12:30 Eastern, and they pick up right where they left off with episode 127 this week.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-02 16:08:17

At 1/2/06 07:48 AM, mr_trivia wrote: What I'd like to know, Mutant_Busterjr, is why you're only targeting Videogamemaster64. Twin_Uzis was a member of both clubs, and I still am. It's not his fault that you were deemed too spammy to join the Mafia, and I won't let you pin the blame on him. Let's just put the past behind us and I'll try to get you a second chance if you clean up your act a bit - I think you would have a good deal of posts that qualify you for membership if only they weren't anti-NG Mafia.

well at least you're smartest one of all of them, not only that but a capo too. so twin_uzis was a member, thats a suprise, but i don't hold anything against him because he hasn't been logged on for a while. as for the rest of your treehouse crew, i was gonna do this earlier or later but i hereby declare myself neutral to them. i appreciate what you're doing for me but you at least need to get one more capo and since two of them got banned by another threatning enemy of mine, there's not much to choose from. mast3rmind tried to help clean up my act but let's just hope that his next job is not a teacher and he gave up too quickly so let's hope you are better than him. besides, that will kinda jepordize your position in the mafia but since you did type far out the ass just to tell me that, my life is in your hands, screw it up and you'll see. keep your word, and i may consider not sending my people over there. i will try to clean up my act.

as for the rest of you, do not get involved in this conversation or you'll just be off topic.
if you wanna join,here and tell them mutant sent you.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-01-02 18:22:52

anime rocks! I especially like Love Hina! its great