Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-05 09:26:26 Reply

At 12/5/05 04:00 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 12/3/05 11:55 PM, secret_toad wrote: in Evangelion
whos that chick in the ending sonf floating
I always thought it was rei but im not sure
Yeah, it is Rei.

Though the gag book says Gendou.

it would be kind of wrong if it was Gendou yack.

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-05 13:43:28 Reply

Okay. I have seven and a half months of Naruto to catch up on. Fuck that, I don't have the time. Anyone got some new anime to suggest? I don't like things like Love Hina, or Maburaho, but I do like Bastard, and other anime's where people get the shit beat out of them. And fuuny anime like FMA is good too.

P.S. I can shoot you in the head from 500 yards. Marine Corps bootcamp kicked ass.

BBS Signature
nergal1
nergal1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-05 14:24:01 Reply

I will take over the world, and spread a New Shadow Empire! Join me now, join the side against whom even God shall fall!

nergal1
nergal1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-05 14:25:04 Reply

Lupin III is the best one, don't you think?

Renewman
Renewman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-05 14:41:37 Reply

Ok I have one question. I know when Gendo got his head bitten off by Eva Unit 01 was because it was his retribution for makiing Shinji suffer, by why did he have his soul joined in Lilith's Egg like that? Why couldn't he have just exploded into LCL like everyone else?

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 00:45:23 Reply

At 12/5/05 09:26 AM, secret_toad wrote: it would be kind of wrong if it was Gendou yack.

The world may never know. We can only IMAGINE that it is Rei...

At 12/5/05 02:41 PM, Renewman wrote: Ok I have one question. I know when Gendo got his head bitten off by Eva Unit 01 was because it was his retribution for makiing Shinji suffer, by why did he have his soul joined in Lilith's Egg like that? Why couldn't he have just exploded into LCL like everyone else?

First, spoiler alert there for those who have not yet watched "End of Evangelion".

As for your question, it's obvious that Gainax needed some time to explain Gendou's cold and harsh ways towards his own son, and that small opportunity was so.

Next Release ETA: ?

Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 06:38:11 Reply

At 12/5/05 01:43 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Okay. I have seven and a half months of Naruto to catch up on. Fuck that, I don't have the time.

Well, when I think back to when the filler mania started, which still has 17 or so more weeks to go, you probably left a little before this nonsense started up, which means catching up with the actual story wouldnt take long at all. If you tell me where you left off, I can tell you how many episodes you'd have before the shitty fillers started.

Anyone got some new anime to suggest? I don't like things like Love Hina, or Maburaho, but I do like Bastard, and other anime's where people get the shit beat out of them. And fuuny anime like FMA is good too.

You'd probably like Bleach then. Plenty of sword action with things and people getting sliced and blown to hell and a bit of comedy in the mix.

Edward
Edward
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Art Lover
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 07:10:00 Reply

At 12/4/05 10:13 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 12/4/05 05:50 AM, MUTANT_BUSTERjr wrote: hello guys i,m just like all of you and here to join. i also give you the inuyasha,final fantasy,and gundam club, which i have taken over. and i brought a question too. what are the two names of this character and what anime is he from.
The answer to both your questions id "Detective Connan"

you are sorta right but the answer i was looking for was names= conan edogawa and jimmy kudo and for the show= case closed. so how do you explain that.

Hmm, secrecy.

BBS Signature
MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 07:22:25 Reply

At 12/6/05 07:10 AM, MUTANT_BUSTERjr wrote:
At 12/4/05 10:13 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 12/4/05 05:50 AM, MUTANT_BUSTERjr wrote: what are the two names of this character and what anime is he from.
The answer to both your questions id "Detective Connan"
you are sorta right but the answer i was looking for was names= conan edogawa and jimmy kudo and for the show= case closed. so how do you explain that.

From what I've heard, the original Japanese title translates directly into "Detective Conan", but someone thought that it would be too easy to confuse this anime with "Conan the Barbarian", so they changed the English title to "Case Closed".

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 08:52:42 Reply

At 12/6/05 07:22 AM, mr_trivia wrote: From what I've heard, the original Japanese title translates directly into "Detective Conan", but someone thought that it would be too easy to confuse this anime with "Conan the Barbarian", so they changed the English title to "Case Closed".

Wait...

Wasn't "Conan the Barbarian" called "Conan; Boy from the future"? Heck, it's the first time I heard someone refer to it as "Conan the Barbarian".

Lavi721
Lavi721
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 09:24:20 Reply

At 12/6/05 08:52 AM, HaroFreak wrote: Wait...

Wasn't "Conan the Barbarian" called "Conan; Boy from the future"? Heck, it's the first time I heard someone refer to it as "Conan the Barbarian".

Conan the Barbarian is a movie made in the U.S. which stared the "governator" and James Earl Jones. It has nothing to do with the future and nothing to do with detectives. My dad loves that movie with a passion.

Wonko-the-Sane
Wonko-the-Sane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 10:04:35 Reply

At 12/6/05 06:38 AM, Brewtality wrote: If you tell me where you left off, I can tell you how many episodes you'd have before the shitty fillers started.

I can't remember. I get confused between the anime and the manga sometimes. Lemme se whats the last episode I have. Episode 119 entitled "Mistake! A New Enemy" Dog boy starts his fight with the twins, shikamaru and the cursing lady were about to start, and then bone boy showed up for the first time in front of Naruto. Please excuse me, it's been so long I can't remember most of the names.

You'd probably like Bleach then. Plenty of sword action with things and people getting sliced and blown to hell and a bit of comedy in the mix.

Bleach? Yes, I started that, and it was good. But I'd still have to go catch up on it. And dad didsomething to the computer while I was gone and it doesn't like the internet anymore, so I'm not sure I'd be able to get any anime.

BBS Signature
Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 10:46:51 Reply

At 12/6/05 10:04 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
I can't remember. I get confused between the anime and the manga sometimes. Lemme se whats the last episode I have. Episode 119 entitled "Mistake! A New Enemy" Dog boy starts his fight with the twins, shikamaru and the cursing lady were about to start, and then bone boy showed up for the first time in front of Naruto. Please excuse me, it's been so long I can't remember most of the names.

Well, the fillers start at 136, so you'd have 16 real episodes to catch. And I wouldnt worry about any of the fillers, being that no major plot changes happen and some of the eps are just plain meh. Its just a way to get my weekly Naruto dose. But deffinetly catch those 16. You wont want to miss the fights with Kimimaru (bone guy).

Bleach? Yes, I started that, and it was good. But I'd still have to go catch up on it. And dad didsomething to the computer while I was gone and it doesn't like the internet anymore, so I'm not sure I'd be able to get any anime.

And you'd have quite a few more to catch up on with this one. Even so, i'd still recomend going for it, as its one of my favorites at the moment. Of course, thats if your computer stops raping you.

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 11:02:54 Reply

At 12/6/05 09:24 AM, Lavi721 wrote: Conan the Barbarian is a movie made in the U.S. which stared the "governator" and James Earl Jones. It has nothing to do with the future and nothing to do with detectives. My dad loves that movie with a passion.

Ah, my bad.

Because there is a series called "Future Boy Conan", I must have mixed it up.

BigFan7
BigFan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 16:51:46 Reply

At 12/5/05 02:25 PM, nergal1 wrote: Lupin III is the best one, don't you think?

I like it, but only because of Fujiko

Gamehippy
Gamehippy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 16:53:47 Reply

Could I join this fanatic club?

Favourite anime? - Lain SE, Key the metal idol, Hellsing, CC Sakura...

BBS Signature
Videogamemaster64
Videogamemaster64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Voice Actor
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 16:59:53 Reply

At 12/5/05 02:25 PM, nergal1 wrote: Lupin III is the best one, don't you think?

it was a funny show but some of the legs were way out of proportion

Renewman
Renewman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 18:00:51 Reply

That made me laugh.

"THE GOVERNATOR!"

Naked-Shin
Naked-Shin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 18:02:12 Reply

At 12/5/05 01:43 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Okay. I have seven and a half months of Naruto to catch up on. Fuck that, I don't have the time. Anyone got some new anime to suggest?

I would suggest Blood +, but that's doubtful if you didn't like the OVA. Then there's Black Cat to suggest since it looks like the coolness of Get Backers. If you want underrated anime, go for Monster. Best underrated anime of today's times.

P.S. I can shoot you in the head from 500 yards. Marine Corps bootcamp kicked ass.

Wish I could do that, only for a sniper rifle. XD

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 18:07:51 Reply

Lupin the Third is a cool show. I only have volumes 1 and 2 on DVD, so I have some searching to do for the rest, which don't seem to be available anymore at any of the stores near me. I've seen all the volumes in Media Play and FYE, but suddenly, the only thing they carry now is volume 1 with a toy of the red car and either a toy of Lupin or Jigen. Fuck toys! I'll have to shop online for them some time.

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Lavi721
Lavi721
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 19:54:03 Reply

At 12/6/05 06:00 PM, Renewman wrote: That made me laugh.

"THE GOVERNATOR!"

well its a whole lot easier to spell than his last name...

btw...Lupin rocks, and anyone who says otherwise (while entitled to their own opinion), stinks!

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 20:02:59 Reply

At 11/30/05 08:40 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: Ugh! I can't stand Gigantor- especially that theme song; "Gigaaaaantooooor!"

BIGGER THAN BIG, TALLER THAN TALL, QUICKER THAN QUICK, STRONGER THAN STRONG, READY TO FIGHT FOR RIGHT AGAINST WRONG. GIGANTOR. GIGANTOR. GIGAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOR.

Or some crap like that.

At least I find most other mech anime I've seen to be okay, like Gundam Wing, Gundam 08th MS Team, G Gundam, and sometimes Big-O, I guess. I still haven't gotten into that particular genre, but I don't count Blue Gender. I like that show, but it's just different.

Wing - Meh/08th - Swell/G - Fantasticly fantastic/O - Decent/Blue - Good from what I've seen of it.

I was thinking about checking out Hades Project Zeorymer, Gasaraki, and maybe Megazone 23.......The whole "is it real or is it a simulation/dream?" thing. I know Hades Project Zeorymer is only 4 episodes, so I'll probably buy it...... I don't want to pay a lot of money for them, but I also don't like to purchase a mere fraction of any series. I always try to get the entire thing. The only show I haven't completed yet is Lupin the Third.

Out of those three I know of Megazone 23 being a wise purchase. I can't remember how long it is but it'll be worth your money IMO. Series like that always[for the most part]are really good and have fantastic endings. I understand you on the whole cost issue with series. Hell, the FLCL DVD's, one of them containing only two episodes was and probably still is $30. But you should finish off Lupin first, fantastic series and the game wasn't too shabby either.

Well, out of these three, Gasaraki, Hades Project Zeorymer, and Megazone 23, which do you guys think is the best? Probably Gasaraki, right?

It's any mans guess. I can't really tell you because you might find one to be better than the other. Why don't you look them up and read up a bit on those series and their story line/plot.

At 11/30/05 11:39 PM, Lavi721 wrote: wasn't it something like Nadesico or one of them...i didn't watch them but my bro did...

Yeah! That was the other one.

At 12/1/05 12:55 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Wasn't Gigantor the first Mech/Sci-fi Anime made. It was made sometime in the 1960s.

Yes it was. As a matter of fact I do belive it is the first ever series to be considered 'anime' ever made. Some of the more ground breaking series is Speed Racer and MS Gundam. Magaziner Z came out a bit later and is over-shadowed by some of the bigger series but it is a good one at that.

Gatchaman is another ground breaker, made either in the late seventies or early eighties. It's a pretty big hit with the youngsters over in japan from what I've heard. Not to mention they have Doremon[spelling] toilet paper as well. Isn't that fantastic when you can wipe your butt with your favorite anime character? Bring me some Gundam toilet paper anyday.

Or better yet, if you hate them you can desicrate them by using 'said toilet paper' on your butt.

At 12/2/05 04:21 AM, Noctroler wrote: SAC is built on kickass art and film direction, throw in a kickin sound track, lotsa guns, and a cute comic relief character in the form of a talkin tank. This shit just comes together like Jesus and grace, and I'm willing to bust out the cash to get it in my DVD player legally. However, SAC is a bit dumbed down at certain points in order to fit in action and fun, but I didn't mind at all.

Seems like we share the same mind. I do get tired of some of the meager filler episodes at times, the ones that reveal character pasts are alright with me though. Besides, who wouldn't want a Tatchcoma?

If you were Canadian, like me eh, you could buy all the booze you want. Or do what I did, work for the Liquor Control Board of Ontario and keep the alcohol outta underaged hands :P

>:*( It's not my fault that the legal drinking age is 21 here and 19 there. No fair.

Sucks to be American.

Filthy CANADIAN EH >:P

At 12/3/05 01:34 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Unfortunately, the first anime I remember watching was Pokemon, and damn was I addicted to it.

I'd have to agree with you on that one. Although there is still a part of me that does enjoy the series every now and then, brings back some nice memories. 'Nice' being the key word here.

Oh yes. Behold. The second coming of Wonko. For those that remember me.

Christ, I thought you had given up on the net for good there. Don't scare me like that, I'd rather have you around being your usual self than you gone for over half the year. Since what, April or May?

Okay. I have seven and a half months of Naruto to catch up on. Fuck that, I don't have the time. Anyone got some new anime to suggest? I don't like things like Love Hina, or Maburaho, but I do like Bastard, and other anime's where people get the shit beat out of them. And fuuny anime like FMA is good too.

You should, it'll be worth your time for sure. If anything you should catch up on the episodes at least. I think they are at 145 or something, I can't keep up with it at the moment. I'm not to sure what all you've seen/read series wise so I can't really say.

That's fantastic.

At 12/6/05 07:22 AM, mr_trivia wrote: From what I've heard, the original Japanese title translates directly into "Detective Conan", but someone thought that it would be too easy to confuse this anime with "Conan the Barbarian", so they changed the English title to "Case Closed".

Yeah... something like that. More so the guy who made Conan the Barbarian fought against it to have the name changed because of some sort of infringement or some crap like that.

At 12/6/05 04:53 PM, Gamehippy wrote: Could I join this fanatic club?
Favourite anime? - Lain SE, Key the metal idol, Hellsing, CC Sakura...

That's a start, now you have to pick a character[technically it's supposed to be four but you're close enough]that isn't taken on the members list. You can find it by clicking the word 'club' in my signature text.

----

Does anyone know how many episodes s-CRY-ed is? I figure it's around 40 + given the point in the story line which is now at episode 25.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Boris-4-U
Boris-4-U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 20:48:07 Reply

Hey guys i'd think it be cool to be in this club so can i join? If not i won't take it the wrong way.

NG Mafia
I've evolved.
digi-digi

BBS Signature
BigFan7
BigFan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 21:15:06 Reply

I'm thinking about getting "Stellvia of the Universe." Has anyone here seen it? If you have what is your opinion about it?

Naked-Shin
Naked-Shin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-06 23:54:37 Reply

At 12/6/05 08:02 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: Does anyone know how many episodes s-CRY-ed is? I figure it's around 40 + given the point in the story line which is now at episode 25.

Believe it or not, but this Saturday is Scryed's last episode with the final episode of it's run. Unyet they got an filler epi. of the Tenchi Muyo! being turn into scrap like in the manga.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature
secret-toad
secret-toad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-07 00:01:38 Reply

I was wondering
SPOILER
in the end of evangelion why does everyone burst into LCL
isnt LCL what helps the eva pilots breath in the evangelions?

BigFan7
BigFan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-07 00:05:27 Reply

At 12/7/05 12:01 AM, secret_toad wrote: I was wondering
SPOILER

They turn into water.....

Vash-The-Stampede
Vash-The-Stampede
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-07 00:36:37 Reply

At 12/7/05 12:01 AM, secret_toad wrote: I was wondering
SPOILER

SPOILER

It's very confusing and there may not be a right answer. All I know is that mankind is the 18th angel. LCL is the blood of lilith and probably all the other angels too. The angels were other possible forms of mankind, but man in its current form is the most advanced. When all the humans turn into LCL, they are forming together into one being. That's my theory at least.

secret-toad
secret-toad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-12-07 00:46:13 Reply

At 12/7/05 12:36 AM, Vash-The-Stampede wrote:
SPOILER

It's very confusing and there may not be a right answer. All I know is that mankind is the 18th angel. LCL is the blood of lilith and probably all the other angels too. The angels were other possible forms of mankind, but man in its current form is the most advanced. When all the humans turn into LCL, they are forming together into one being. That's my theory at least.

Oh well that makes sense is that why Shinji always says
thw cockpit smells like blood.