Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,656,524 Views
  • 59,912 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 00:51:03 Reply

At 9/26/05 08:18 AM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Anyway, has anyone else seen or heard of Vandread? I know there's like 2 seasons.

I've watched a few subtitled episodes of it during my stay in Malaysia. It's got some well played-out comedy (At least what those episodes give me the impression of anyway).

At 9/26/05 09:44 PM, ElectroMagnetic wrote: Didn't they call it Case Closed on CN?

Yes, that's what the dubbers decided to call it.
Remind me though; who dubbed it, 4Shame?


Status: MIA
Next Release ETA: ?

BigFan7
BigFan7
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 13:29:18 Reply

At 9/26/05 03:30 PM, Renewman wrote: Wil you learn to stop being a stuck up asshole?

Listen you... you need to leave here before we report you to a mod and have you banned for harrasment. We've done it before and we're not afraid to do it again.

Darkshine18
Darkshine18
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 13:35:08 Reply

Anime is awesome! I wonder if anyone here likes the same anime shows as me. Anyone here ever watch Maburaho?

BeanBagBoy
BeanBagBoy
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 13:46:44 Reply

At 9/26/05 08:51 PM, psykolord wrote:
At 9/26/05 08:50 PM, Sesshy wrote:
watch it online
For some of us, like me, that isn't an option. Cause our comps can't download or handle that kinda stuff. And we're too poor to afford new comps. :(
No, the term for my situation is fucked beyond reason.

Then there's those of us who can't figure out how to work with Torrents ( my case ) and can't find anywhere to directly download for free.

And as for having people banned BigFan7 i would just LOVE to see you banned but that's not the point the point IS that the issue has been dropped for awhile and there was no need for you to try to revive it.

Renewman
Renewman
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 14:45:08 Reply

At 9/27/05 01:29 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 9/26/05 03:30 PM, Renewman wrote: Wil you learn to stop being a stuck up asshole?
Listen you... you need to leave here before we report you to a mod and have you banned for harrasment. We've done it before and we're not afraid to do it again.

You are going to report me to a Mod because you won't stop acting so high and mighty? Please be quiet and discuss the subject of this thread: anime.

Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 14:54:43 Reply

At 9/27/05 02:45 PM, Renewman wrote:
At 9/27/05 01:29 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 9/26/05 03:30 PM, Renewman wrote:
(childish arguement)

How about you BOTH shut up and stop acting like little kids! Anyway, I plan on getting the DVD boxset of Vandread.

Yusuke-Urameshi
Yusuke-Urameshi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 15:16:21 Reply

At 9/27/05 01:35 PM, Darkshine18 wrote: Anime is awesome! I wonder if anyone here likes the same anime shows as me. Anyone here ever watch Maburaho?

yeah i do its funny as hell especially the ending XD lmao

*********spoiler********

the 10 kazuki's XD that was funny as hell

************spoiler end********

ElectroMagnetic
ElectroMagnetic
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 16:14:19 Reply

At 9/26/05 09:44 PM, ElectroMagnetic wrote: Didn't they call it Case Closed on CN?
Yes, that's what the dubbers decided to call it.
Remind me though; who dubbed it, 4Shame?

I never paid attention. But I like dubs. I have only watched dubs. I might watch my first sub on Fri!

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 16:27:05 Reply

At 9/25/05 05:29 PM, secret_toad wrote: Hmmm Im bored does anyone knoe of a good anime

Rurouni Kenshin, Outlaw Star, Hellsing, and Sorcerous Stabber Orphen....Hey, I wonder. Has anyone else seen Orphen? I love that show. I still haven't seen season 2: Revenge. Volcan and Dorton are really funny.

"I'ts the sword of balls" "Balltanders!" "Whatever"

sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
MasterStalker
MasterStalker
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 17:38:07 Reply

At 9/26/05 08:32 PM, psykolord wrote: Everyone....you may ask why I have this shotgun across my back, or the Uzis in each hand, or the hand grenades at my belt. I'll tell you.
THOSE MOTHERFUCKING CARTOON NETWORK BASTARDS TOOK DETECTIVE CONAN BACK OFF THE AIR! > : (
They ALWAYS pull this shit. Well, if I have the pattern right, it'll return over the summer, at any rate. *sighs* I hate them. I really truly do.

I'm with you, lets go in the traditional way of the anime though. Get a bunch of people to follow us and narrorate everything that happens, and stock up on hair gel for the spiky look. I'll bring two samurai swords and a hunting rifle. I cant beleve they replaced Conan with Milk Chan.

MasterStalker
MasterStalker
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 17:41:21 Reply

At 9/27/05 02:45 PM, Renewman wrote:
At 9/27/05 01:29 PM, BigFan7 wrote: Listen you... you need to leave here before we report you to a mod and have you banned for harrasment. We've done it before and we're not afraid to do it again.
You are going to report me to a Mod because you won't stop acting so high and mighty? Please be quiet and discuss the subject of this thread: anime.

I would say the same for you. You both are being childish

Big Fan, do NOT respond to him.

BigFan7
BigFan7
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 17:56:19 Reply

At 9/27/05 01:35 PM, Darkshine18 wrote: Anime is awesome! I wonder if anyone here likes the same anime shows as me. Anyone here ever watch Maburaho?

One of the best fanservice anime ever!

psykolord
psykolord
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 18:40:05 Reply

At 9/27/05 02:54 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:
How about you BOTH shut up and stop acting like little kids! Anyway, I plan on getting the DVD boxset of Vandread.

*blinks*
Someone mentioned a semi-obscure anime that I actually know something about!
YAY!
*holds party*
If you have Comcast Digital and access to the Encore WAM! channel, don't bother buying the boxed set unless for the special features. Cause that channel shows a Vandread episode everyday. Three times a day. And it goes through Vandread AND Vandread the Second Stage.

Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 20:32:20 Reply

At 9/27/05 06:40 PM, psykolord wrote: *blinks*
Someone mentioned a semi-obscure anime that I actually know something about!
YAY!
*holds party*
If you have Comcast Digital and access to the Encore WAM! channel, don't bother buying the boxed set unless for the special features. Cause that channel shows a Vandread episode everyday. Three times a day. And it goes through Vandread AND Vandread the Second Stage.

Well, I don't have Encore or comcast digital. I can't afford it... So, yeah, I'll get the boxset. I have the final volume of the first season and the first volume of the second season. I have an idea what it's about, but I'm a little confused about what's going on in the series. Also, the volumes I got were on sale at Wallmart, $6.00 per DVD! Usually DVDs at that price get sold FAST! I may get the Boxset on my Birthday or something.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 22:20:14 Reply

At 9/27/05 04:27 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: Has anyone else seen Orphen? I love that show.

Aww, come on! Has nobody seen this show?! It's one of the best!

Anime Club


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Renewman
Renewman
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 22:52:41 Reply

I bet most of the people here haven't even played the awesome RPG on which the actual anime is even based on. The game had some pretty cool anime style cutscenes.

Deadknigh
Deadknigh
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-27 23:03:23 Reply

At 9/27/05 10:52 PM, Renewman wrote: I bet most of the people here haven't even played the awesome RPG on which the actual anime is even based on. The game had some pretty cool anime style cutscenes.

the rpg games which the actual anime is even based on are not too good the some rare good ones

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-28 04:24:56 Reply

At 9/27/05 05:56 PM, BigFan7 wrote: One of the best fanservice anime ever!

What about Ichigo 100%?


Status: MIA
Next Release ETA: ?

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-28 07:49:05 Reply

At 9/27/05 10:52 PM, Renewman wrote: I bet most of the people here haven't even played the awesome RPG on which the actual anime is even based on. The game had some pretty cool anime style cutscenes.

Yeah, the Orphen game was okay. I only had 2 problems with the game. One was the different voices. no David Matranga or Spike Spencer or any of the others. The other was that they kept reffering to Majic as Magnus (WTF?!). That got really irritating.

So some of you have seen the show.


sig by JaY11
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
MasterStalker
MasterStalker
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-28 08:47:32 Reply

At 9/28/05 02:10 AM, _RanmaSaotome_ wrote: Played it, didnt like it. Theres so many rpgs out there and Orphen was just something for the fans if you compare overall game quality.

yeah, when you see a game for 5 bucks for a new copy, you really have to question how good it actually is, although, you dont really lose out on much since it's so cheap.

Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-28 09:19:37 Reply

At 9/27/05 10:20 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
At 9/27/05 04:27 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: Has anyone else seen Orphen? I love that show.
Aww, come on! Has nobody seen this show?! It's one of the best!

A friend told me about it. I don't know what it's about though.

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-28 13:35:39 Reply

At 9/28/05 09:19 AM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: A friend told me about it. I don't know what it's about though.

Same in my case, damn...

My list of "Must watch to know more about" has increased.

Aura Battler Dunbine
Brain Powerd
Full Metal Panic! Series
Get Backers
Orphen
Shaman King

And so forth.


Status: MIA
Next Release ETA: ?

MasterStalker
MasterStalker
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-28 14:07:43 Reply

At 9/28/05 09:19 AM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:
At 9/27/05 10:20 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
At 9/27/05 04:27 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote: Has anyone else seen Orphen? I love that show.
Aww, come on! Has nobody seen this show?! It's one of the best!
A friend told me about it. I don't know what it's about though.

I seen an advertisement for it in the special features from my Wild Arms Vol. 1.

Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-29 00:09:40 Reply

I plan on seeing Kenshin. I hear it's actually really good!

Renewman
Renewman
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-29 06:11:27 Reply

At 9/28/05 08:47 AM, MasterStalker wrote:
At 9/28/05 02:10 AM, _RanmaSaotome_ wrote: Played it, didnt like it. Theres so many rpgs out there and Orphen was just something for the fans if you compare overall game quality.
yeah, when you see a game for 5 bucks for a new copy, you really have to question how good it actually is, although, you dont really lose out on much since it's so cheap.

Its cheap now because the game came out when the PS2 was first out. You expect it to still cost X amount of dollars 4-5 years later? No, so stop being ignorant.

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-29 06:26:29 Reply

At 9/29/05 06:11 AM, Renewman wrote: Its cheap now because the game came out when the PS2 was first out. You expect it to still cost X amount of dollars 4-5 years later? No, so stop being ignorant.

An exception for the "Exceptionally Horrible" ones though, including movies etc...

Who can say no to burning of a small pile of G-Savior and Superior Defender DVDs (Unless you have better disposal methods in mind)? XD


Status: MIA
Next Release ETA: ?

MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-29 09:00:02 Reply

Just to let you know, I'm having problems with my computer at home so I might not be able to drop in very often. Tuesday and Thursday are the only days I can guarantee access to a computer at school, so until the problem with my home PC is solved, I'm only available 2 days a week.


Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-29 12:25:05 Reply

At 9/29/05 09:00 AM, mr_trivia wrote: Just to let you know, I'm having problems with my computer at home

You better take it to the shop and get it fixed! Anyway, can anyone reccomend some Animes with some fanservice?

BigFan7
BigFan7
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-29 13:20:33 Reply

I'm just courious. Has anyone seen Pretty Sammy?

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club 2005-09-29 13:33:43 Reply

At 9/29/05 12:25 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: You better take it to the shop and get it fixed! Anyway, can anyone reccomend some Animes with some fanservice?

Does SD (Super Deformed) Gundam count?


Status: MIA
Next Release ETA: ?