New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 01:24 AM Reply

At 6/25/05 12:32 AM, power_of_morgana wrote: narutu i have never watched but i'ver heard that the manga is really good...

Indeed, the manga is quite awsome. As a matter of fact, chapter 265 has been released.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 01:45 AM Reply

At 6/24/05 05:11 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote: Can anyone tell me more about Naruto! I'm very interested in it!

Again, this is one of my favorites. If you're into action/comedies or ninja's then you'll want to see this.

AUb
AUb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 06:37 AM Reply

Yeah, Naruto(ÊëÈ) really is THE BEST ANIME there is.
You should really watch it or read the manga, or both^^

macdough
macdough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 6/24/05 12:09 AM, Renewman wrote: * a whole buch of bullshit

NERD.

BeanBagBoy
BeanBagBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 11:22 AM Reply

At 6/25/05 10:49 AM, macdough wrote:
At 6/24/05 12:09 AM, Renewman wrote: * a whole buch of bullshit
NERD.

Why is it that people like you are compelled to come in here and act stupid and try to be superior to everyone ?

On Topid i would like to ask how many episodes there are to Naruto.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 11:22 AM, BeanBagBoy wrote: On Topid i would like to ask how many episodes there are to Naruto.

There are currently 140 episodes and going. Since the anime is WAY behind the manga, I'd say they have a lot of episodes to catch up. And the manga isn't even finished yet.

XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice

BBS Signature
Joic
Joic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 12:17 PM, AdelbertSteiner wrote:
At 6/25/05 11:22 AM, BeanBagBoy wrote: On Topid i would like to ask how many episodes there are to Naruto.
There are currently 140 episodes and going. Since the anime is WAY behind the manga, I'd say they have a lot of episodes to catch up. And the manga isn't even finished yet.

more then 260 chapters in the manga...damn...I should get back to reading it.

When the hell did I become level 10? I level whilst being completly inactive, that's how much I rock ! ^^

gaarashukaku
gaarashukaku
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 01:01 PM Reply

more then 260 chapters in the manga...damn...I should get back to reading it.

yah the animes pretty slow, it's cause they're doing a bunch of fillers right now. (man i hte fillers), other then that if there were no fillers then the anime wouldn't be so far behind.

KuDe
KuDe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 6/24/05 08:07 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote:
At 6/24/05 06:30 PM, majorblood wrote: Yes I got money!
What do you guys reccomend all DVDs
1)chobits
2)please teacher
3)hellsing
4)Berserk
5)comic party
I'd say....none of the above. Go get the Azumanga DVD's, or better yet, save your money and buy out a senator to do your bidding.

I loved Azumanga, funny, lovely, absurd. Osaka rules!

As for the others, I'd say go for Chobits.

Naruto

Definitely a great show, one of the best I've seen. Pity some company bought the license here at Spain; the fansubber group stopped their work at chapter 130... -_-

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 01:04 PM, KuDe wrote: Definitely a great show, one of the best I've seen. Pity some company bought the license here at Spain; the fansubber group stopped their work at chapter 130... -_-

*HINT HINT* Go back and look at Vash-the-Stampedes post, his last one has a great Naruto site.

XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice

BBS Signature
ProtoBassX
ProtoBassX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 01:53 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 12:17 PM, AdelbertSteiner wrote:

It's not WAY behind. They had to put in filler episodes to close the gap between the anime and the manga, being that they were pretty close. :P I mean,

*SPOILER*
When Sasuke and Naruto fought in the anime, the manga was only a few chapters after the "3 years later" thing started. A few more episodes and they would have passed the manga, seeing as how Naruto seems to fit 3 chapters of manga in a single episode. :P
*SPOILER*

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 01:53 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: It's not WAY behind. They had to put in filler episodes to close the gap between the anime and the manga, being that they were pretty close. :P I mean,

*SPOILER*
When Sasuke and Naruto fought in the anime, the manga was only a few chapters after the "3 years later" thing started. A few more episodes and they would have passed the manga, seeing as how Naruto seems to fit 3 chapters of manga in a single episode. :P
*SPOILER*

Yeah, there were some events after them fighting. I don't get to watch the anime, only read the manga. So I was told it's pretty far behind. I don't know where at the anime is, because I dont' really bother with the animes news.

**SPOILER**

Well, in the manga they just got done drawing out, or say they've finished drawing out Gaaras jinchuuriki, and Sakura and the old woman just got done beating Danna, breaking or say Sakura shattered the puppet he was controling from the inside.

**END SPOILER**

XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice

BBS Signature
Tink13
Tink13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 02:23 PM Reply

I'm so far behind in the anime that it isn't even funny. I think in the last episode I watched...
***SPOILER***
at the end Kakashi found Naruto after he got his ass beat and took him home... or so I think I can't clearly remember.
***END***

AUb
AUb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 02:23 PM, Tink13 wrote: I'm so far behind in the anime that it isn't even funny. I think in the last episode I watched...
***SPOILER***
at the end Kakashi found Naruto after he got his ass beat and took him home... or so I think I can't clearly remember.
***END***

That's one of the latest I think.
Ep 130 or something

Queenie
Queenie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 06:37 AM, AUb wrote: Yeah, Naruto(ÊëÈ) really is THE BEST ANIME there is.
You should really watch it or read the manga, or both^^

innit

Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 04:10 PM Reply

This should help people understand where the Naruto anime is.

********SPOILER*********

After Naruto's and Sasuke's fight, Jiraiya, Naruto, and Sakura make their way to rice country on a mission to find Orochimaru's lair and "rescue" Sasuke. While there they encounter Sasame, a young member of the Fuuma Clan. The Fuuma Clan were a group of ninja's that had split apart. Part of the group joined up with Orochimaru believing his promises for strength and the other part became bandits. Sasame was trying to rescue her cousin who was part of the group that joined Orochimaru. So the group makes their way to Orochimaru's place and try to sneak in, like he wasn't already expecting them. Some battles happen involving the Fuuma ninja's and finally they meet up with Orochimaru. Note that only Naruto, Sasame and Sakura are there with Orochimaru. Jiraiya is tied up in another fight. And lo and behold, a plot twist I saw from a mile away. It turns out that Sasame's cousin was the one Orochimaru had chosen as his new body. Le shock! So now we get to see what this new body holds for Naruto and the others.

********END SPOILER*********

There were other minor plot twists and such, but they werent that important. Anyways, thats where its up to via episode 140.

Lazy-Kid
Lazy-Kid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 04:30 PM Reply

OMFG lol

http://img297.echo.cx/img297/8343/shishoushort8xt.gif

Riousoul
Riousoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 06:28 PM Reply

Hey anyone here read Naruto?

ProtoBassX
ProtoBassX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 07:20 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 06:28 PM, Riousoul wrote: Hey anyone here read Naruto?

Er... we're having a conversation about it now. o_O

http://img297.echo.cx/img297/8343/shishoushort8xt.gif

Dude, that's sick. :P By the way, does anyone know what "Dattebayo" means? Naruto says it in every other line, but I don't know what it means... :(

Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 07:36 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 07:20 PM, ProtoBassX wrote:
Dude, that's sick. :P By the way, does anyone know what "Dattebayo" means? Naruto says it in every other line, but I don't know what it means... :(

Its a fan subbing group and we're DEFFINETLY going to leave it at that.

Hyperion
Hyperion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 07:47 PM Reply

I've been curious about something, and seeing as this forum is full of anime buffs I feel this is the appropriate place to ask. Recently a friend of mine has been pestering me to watch:

1. Ghost in the Shell

2. Elfen Lied

Could you give me some backround on these shows and tell me if they are any good? The only anime I've watched is Big O (my 3rd favorite show), DBZ, and Rurouni Kenshin(My second favorite).

KuDe
KuDe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 07:20 PM, ProtoBassX wrote:
By the way, does anyone know what "Dattebayo" means?

"Dattebayo" doesn't really mean anything. It's more like Naruto's favourite expression; it seems many japanese tend to have a "personal line", like Konohamaru's "kore" (which means "this", but it always says it at the end of his lines), as far as I know.

Some guy who wants to watch Ghost In The Shell and Elfen Lied

I haven't watched Ghost In The Shell but I want to, everyone I know who has watched it has strongly recommended the series to me.

As for Elfen Lied, I've watched the entire show. Beautiful, it's a bit gory, but if you don't mind explicit violence and lots of blood you'll love it. Even with the killing, Lucy's so kawaii ^_^ I simply loved it.

BigFan7
BigFan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 10:29 PM Reply

Has anyone watched "Mew Mew Power" (Tokyo Mew Mew) on Fox lately? Although i can tell 4Kids hacked another anime I find it immencely cute. I'm going to keep watching.

Dudeman05
Dudeman05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 01:45 AM, Brewtality wrote:
At 6/24/05 05:11 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote: Can anyone tell me more about Naruto! I'm very interested in it!
Again, this is one of my favorites. If you're into action/comedies or ninja's then you'll want to see this.

......Or if you like things that are the closest thing you can get to DBZ without becoming DBZ then you'll like Naruto as well.

MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 10:48 PM, Dudeman05 wrote:
At 6/25/05 01:45 AM, Brewtality wrote:
......Or if you like things that are the closest thing you can get to DBZ without becoming DBZ then you'll like Naruto as well.

Speaking of which, Cartoon Network is apparently in the process of showing 67 episodes of DBZ uncut (but still in English rather than Japanese).

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
Tink13
Tink13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 11:13 PM Reply

At 6/23/05 09:23 PM, TheGrayFox wrote: Tink, you still suck. <3

LOL I totally missed this from like 2 days ago... I see you still haven't changed Seiken. : P

MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jun. 25th, 2005 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 6/25/05 10:29 PM, BigFan7 wrote: Has anyone watched "Mew Mew Power" (Tokyo Mew Mew) on Fox lately? Although i can tell 4Kids hacked another anime I find it immencely cute. I'm going to keep watching.

From what little I've seen of it (and I try to keep it to a minimum), Mew Mew Power is sort of like Sailor Moon with catgirls.

Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
power-of-morgana
power-of-morgana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 26th, 2005 @ 01:04 AM Reply

lol sailor moon with cat girls... there are going to be a lot of fan boys...

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 26th, 2005 @ 01:40 AM Reply

At 6/26/05 01:04 AM, power_of_morgana wrote: lol sailor moon with cat girls... there are going to be a lot of fan boys...

I think I saw a bit of one episode. To say the least, yeah, it's like that. I couldn't really stand the VAs though.

XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice

BBS Signature
LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 26th, 2005 @ 02:40 AM Reply

(Tink, you don't pay attention to me anymore!)

BTW, I graduated from high school last night (Eastern).

I feel good, gotta catch up my anime tomorrow... I'm having a well deserved anime marathon. I haven't had one in months.

Erementar Gerad 11
Mahou Sensei Negima! 20 (I skipped 20 and 21 for "certain" reasons, I am eagerly awaiting 26 on Wednesday afternoon)
Bleach 37
Inuyasha Movie 4

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature