00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,811,725 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 06:09:33

At 9/30/05 05:49 AM, Renewman wrote: Ultimate Fanservice Anime (in a way): Love Hina. Even though it wasn't as good as the manga I still love it, despite its many flaws.

'tis a shame that no DVD Box Set of the TV version can be found where I live in, all I can find are the movies or OVAs of Love Hina (I think).

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 07:08:28

At 9/30/05 03:48 AM, HaroFreak wrote: I'd figure that parodying actual events in the original story is considered by some Fanservice as well.

Yeah, that counts as fanservice, too, but most people think of panty shots when they hear "fanservice".

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 08:36:37

I'm so pissed right now. I can't watch the last episode of FMA because it needs a different codec than the other ones I have, and I can't install codecs on the university computers.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 09:37:54

At 9/29/05 08:23 PM, LLStarks_Kouga wrote: This club is showing an interesting lack of leadership...

Come on Trivia, be creative. YOU'RE IN CHARGE RIGHT NOW.

Update the member list, liven up the forum, stimulate this thread... Do something, or ask for help.

Erm, Kouga, did you miss this message?

At 9/29/05 09:00 AM, mr_trivia wrote: Just to let you know, I'm having problems with my computer at home so I might not be able to drop in very often. Tuesday and Thursday are the only days I can guarantee access to a computer at school, so until the problem with my home PC is solved, I'm only available 2 days a week.

I think that means creativity is currently extinct.
Unless Trivvie pulls a miracle out of his ass.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 09:46:02

At 9/30/05 09:37 AM, psykolord wrote:
At 9/29/05 08:23 PM, LLStarks_Kouga wrote: This club is showing an interesting lack of leadership...

Come on Trivia, be creative. YOU'RE IN CHARGE RIGHT NOW.

Update the member list, liven up the forum, stimulate this thread... Do something, or ask for help.
Erm, Kouga, did you miss this message?

At 9/29/05 09:00 AM, mr_trivia wrote: Just to let you know, I'm having problems with my computer at home so I might not be able to drop in very often. Tuesday and Thursday are the only days I can guarantee access to a computer at school, so until the problem with my home PC is solved, I'm only available 2 days a week.
I think that means creativity is currently extinct.
Unless Trivvie pulls a miracle out of his ass.

My brother is going to Germany in October and he promised to give me one of his computers, so I should be able to resume all duties from the comfort of my own home then. Until that happens, I'll still do what I can from school.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 09:53:48

So, you pulled that miracle out of your ass?
ARE THERE ANY MORE UP THERE?
I NEED ONE TO MAKE IT UNTIL THE AP EXAMS IN MAY.
Anyways, back to Anime....
I've actually figured out a way to watch the rest of Slayers! Instead of glueing myself to the comp in the morning, I'll only spend from 3 to 6 on the comp, then take my shower, then watch Slayers for an hour. Since each episode is about thirty minutes, and I only have like sixteen left, I should get done in eight school days (I don't wake up early enough other days). I'm looking forward to this! LD

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 11:22:34

Trivia, let Ranma or myself help you.

I have experience with the member list, and Ranma is overall a very likeable authority figure, let us help you.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 12:25:03

I saw Chobits yesterday. I gotta say it's pretty cute Anime. There are a few funny parts here and there.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 12:51:01

At 9/30/05 07:08 AM, Fumetsu316 wrote: Yeah, that counts as fanservice, too, but most people think of panty shots when they hear "fanservice".

I know, but that's not all there is to it as you mentioned.

Unless you count PG-13 jokes in the SD Gundam OVAs as Fan-Service anyway... Since they're mostly... Comedic and very strange.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 14:04:41

Out of all the Animes I have seen, these are my favourites SonicX, Ghost In The Shell, .Hack, Gundam, Vandread, Fafner, Hellsing, Naruto, Inuyasha, Dragon Ball, Melty Lancer, and Chobits.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 18:24:16

At 9/30/05 02:04 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Gundam

Which ones in particular of the Gundam Series (Just out of curiosity)?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 18:26:21

i wanna join. im a member of 3 other anime clubs,my favorite anime is(in no peticular order):

1.gantz
2.Elphen lied
3.fullmetal alchemist
4.samurai gun
5.gatchaman(im old school)
6.azumanga daioh (lol)
7.genshiken (taling about a study of the visual arts club in an anime club,oh the irony).
8. samurai champloo
And kujibiki unbalance the ova to genshiken. under17 is my favorite band then La Arc En Ciel. favorite song is crazy sunshine by the pillows .So am i in?

It's a non-stop disco. | Blawg. | Bookface.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 20:49:39

At 9/30/05 07:49 PM, marchingtyrants wrote: I watched Neon genesis evangelion....its great!

You should check out RahXephon - Best.Mecha.Ever.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 21:28:47

At 9/30/05 07:49 PM, marchingtyrants wrote: I watched Neon genesis evangelion....its great!

Did you watch it on DVD? Or did you watch it on Television? Evangelion is coming to Adult swim in the US in late october. I have the entire series on DVD including the movie End of Evangelion and I also own 9 volumes of the Manga. I got Volumes 7, 8, and 9 in August. I don't know when Volume 10 is coming out. But I don't have Death & Rebirth, The directors cut DVDs, or the Platinum edition dvds.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 22:05:11

You should check out RahXephon - Best.Mecha.Ever.

tru. i wonder if mu are typing right now..........................AAAAAAAAAAAAA
ARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!(blue blood)i hate gundam

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 22:16:12

At 9/30/05 06:24 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 9/30/05 02:04 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Gundam
Which ones in particular of the Gundam Series (Just out of curiosity)?

All, accept, SD, Turn-a, and U'm not sure about SEED Destiny

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 23:32:14

At 9/30/05 08:49 PM, Jason_Voorhees wrote: You should check out RahXephon - Best.Mecha.Ever.

===Minor Spoiler Alert===

Do the D-1s count as "Mecha" though? Since those things and the RahXephon itself is more of a living organism.

Hence they are not really "Mechanical".

===End Minor Spoiler Alert===

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 23:43:58

im in man.go anime!lol wootage man!trigun is teh best anime!

.KinG.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-30 23:45:04

still can't find hentai games on XBOX.......

just get doa volleyball and then get the patch or cheat or whatever where they r all naked!

.KinG.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 01:41:40

At 10/1/05 12:29 AM, _RanmaSaotome_ wrote: SEED Destiny turned out quite disapointing in my opinion, numerous gundam fans will agree.

One thing I disliked about the Artist for SEED and SEED Destiny was that there were too many characters who looked alike, despite having little to no relationship between their corresponding look-a-likes.

I might've mentioned before, but I once mistook the main character from Fafner as Shin Asuka (From SEED Destiny).

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 09:46:05

At 10/1/05 01:41 AM, HaroFreak wrote: I might've mentioned before, but I once mistook the main character from Fafner as Shin Asuka (From SEED Destiny).

DId someone say Fafner? I saw that Anime. Damn do the characters look alot like the characters in Gundam SEED. It's almost as though they got one artist to draw.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 10:23:30

At 9/30/05 06:26 PM, cloudish1 wrote:

:\ favorite song is crazy sunshine by the pillows .So am i in?

I like the pillow too, especially "Little Busters" from FLCL. All you need to join now is pick a character of your same gender to represent you. Just click "club" in my sig to see the characters already taken.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 13:30:55

ok. obviously i wanna be Naota-Kun.he rocs

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 18:28:04

At 10/1/05 01:30 PM, Ban-Mido wrote: ok. obviously i wanna be Naota-Kun.he rocs

I think he's tooken! Unless you're reffering to another one.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 18:40:44

At 10/1/05 05:11 PM, _RanmaSaotome_ wrote: I'll agree with you there, also I find the art style a bit " Uninspired " so it seems like any other average anime art wise. Unlike certain animes which had a real style to them
( Cowboy Bebopp, FLCL, etc ).

Not really "Uninspired", but rather pushing the limits of the trend to the brink of destroying itself, if put in a more blunt way.

After all, the "Anime Stereotype" is starting to suffer the "Girliness" factor as of late.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 20:29:04

You want an anime that seriously characterizes the actual people in the story? Gantz. From the very beginning of the anime you realize that each of these people are only for themselves as the story progresses. The MC sees that the only way to get through the ordeal IS to start thinking in a totally different way that could save everyone's lives.

And no that wasn't a spoiler so you all can stop right now.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 21:06:04

Is there actually a" We Love Katarmi" Anmie? I was just wondering.

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 22:19:06

At 10/1/05 06:28 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:

ok.so ill be Ban-Mido from the get backers

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-01 22:25:59

ok.so ill be Ban-Mido from the get backers

i change mind!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna be Kei Kurono from Gantz.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-10-02 01:30:02

any`1 there cause i just bought fullmetal alchemist the novel and love it

BBS Signature