00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,812,091 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 17:40:18

At 9/14/05 04:37 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Well. atleast I can rent the volumes of Ghost In The Shell:SAC at the Block Buster here.

Man. I wish my local video store had a good selection of anime. The only anime feature films you can rent there are Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Metropolis, and Princess Mononoke. The rest of their collection consists merely of fragments of a few series- just a few volumes of a couple of shows including GTO and Tenchi in Tokyo. I have yet to see a complete collection of any series there. I miss BlockBuster (even though my video store has better prices)

Bringing this up just jogged my memory. I remember renting this one anime...don't know the name. The main character was a bit of a generic anime type; red hair, smartass attitude, and always looking for trouble. the co-star, however was different. The co-star is a crossdresser with expertise in the martial arts...not thrilled about having a crossdresser as an important role, but it was still a cool movie. had action and comedy. I remember there was some big muscular guy that helped them out, too (though that kind of info isn't very helpful) I think the villain in the movie was elderly, but he could still kick your ass. The ending fight scen between the good guy (who always fights with his fists) and the bad guy ended when the main character caught the blade of the villain's sword and broke it...actually, he might have gotten stabbed and the blade broke off when he tried to twist it to inflict more damage..I'm not sure, but anyway, the sword broke. The hero took the broken off end of the blade and stabbed the bad guy...I really hope someone knows what movie I'm talking about. I vaguely remember the last scene...they were in a subway, waiting for a bus and the transfestite took the main characters hat, wore it, and struck a pose. He asked "how do I look?" to which I believe the main character replied "umm...great!" There are only two other scenes I remember. One took place outside a church, and a priest was talking about Jesus...that's about all I remember about that part, and the other was when the main character met the transfestite. He was checking "her" out until he told him he was a man. He freaked out and said "You're a dude?!" Does anybody know this movie? I saw this movie when I was ten or eleven years old, so I don't remember it well. I found it at a Blockbuster in NewWinsor, or NewBurgh. I'm not sure which one it was...

damn towns beginning with "new"

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 18:25:36

At 9/2/05 07:00 PM, kayn1 wrote: i would like to join your crew my five favorite anime are battle angel,ninja scroll,biohunter,sprigan,and urotsukidoji: legend of the overfiend.i want my character to be jubei kibagami from ninja scroll.and i'm a good friend of fumetsu 316

I'm sorry, but that character is taken. Choose someone else, please.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 18:53:34

i read s-CRY-ed volumes 2 3 4 and it was awsome o_o and funny to

*******Spoiler*******

:lol favorite part is when the old man says what up with you and giveing your attacks silly names shell bullet of devotion! who thougth of this name lmao

********SPOILER END*************

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 19:01:40

At 9/14/05 06:25 PM, mr_trivia wrote:
At 9/2/05 07:00 PM, kayn1 wrote: i would like to join your crew my five favorite anime are battle angel,ninja scroll,biohunter,sprigan,and urotsukidoji: legend of the overfiend.i want my character to be jubei kibagami from ninja scroll.and i'm a good friend of fumetsu 316
I'm sorry, but that character is taken. Choose someone else, please.

Sorry for the double-post, but I just updated the memberlist and noticed that groundbreaker15 also needs to choose a character.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 19:22:49

OMG One of his faves is Legend of The Overfiend, the greatest hentai series of all time. Good pick. Also, a list of the anime I hated the most:

Shaman King
Pokemon
Yugi-Oh
Inuyasha (after 7 seasons come on!)
Big O
Spriggan
.Hack//Legend Of Twilight
Love Hina (only thing I hate is that they didn't follow the story line. I stil love it though.)
GunGrave
DNAngel (I don't hate it but its too kiddy for me)

Now for anime I love:

FLCL
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Akira
Galaxy Express 999
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
R.O.D The T.V.
Serial Experiment Lain
Berzerker
Naruto
My-HiME
Ah! Megami-sama
Tenchi Muyo In Love 2(the movie where Tenchi and Ryoko finally get togther)

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 19:40:12

At 9/14/05 07:22 PM, Renewman wrote: OMG One of his faves is Legend of The Overfiend, the greatest hentai series of all time. Good pick. Also,

Yeah, he seemed to be really into the movie when I showed it to him (the action, not the fucking) It's alright, but I don't understand why he likes it so much. Well, he does really like stuff with demons. probably also because parts of it are funny, wether or not they're supposed to be.

a list of the anime I hated the most:
Spriggan

Blasphemy!!!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 21:08:36

At 9/14/05 07:40 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
Spriggan
Blasphemy!!!

Everyone has thier own opinion! So an Anime you like might be an Anime someone doesn't like.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 21:42:09

At 9/14/05 09:08 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:
Spriggan
Blasphemy!!!
Everyone has thier own opinion! So an Anime you like might be an Anime someone doesn't like.

I'm only fooling around. I respect his opinion.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-14 23:21:08

Actually, I liked the Story and the actual fighting in Legend more than just the hentai parts. That also goes for La Blue Girl, while the hentai is a bonus, Nin Nin alone would be enough reason for me to watch LBG. He's too cute and perverted! ^_^

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 16:07:22

My computer HD crached. There is little hope of getting it fixed so i have to order a new HD altogether.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 16:42:23

Since a few people have been bugging me to read the Love Hina Manga, So I'm going to read it to shut them up.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 17:21:56

star

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 17:26:17

At 9/15/05 04:42 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Since a few people have been bugging me to read the Love Hina Manga, So I'm going to read it to shut them up.

Trust me you ar not going to regret it.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 17:33:27

At 9/15/05 05:26 PM, BigFan7 wrote: Trust me you ar not going to regret it.

I don't know. I regreted it when i saw the Anime.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 18:47:41

Some fans of Japanese music may be upset by this news.

At 9/14/05 11:21 PM, Renewman wrote: Actually, I liked the Story and the actual fighting in Legend more than just the hentai parts.

Yeah, me too.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 19:53:31

At 9/15/05 05:33 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:

The anime version did it no credit. The manga is the true story of Love Hina. Therefore it's better.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 20:05:29

At 9/15/05 07:53 PM, BigFan7 wrote:
At 9/15/05 05:33 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:
The anime version did it no credit. The manga is the true story of Love Hina. Therefore it's better.

True True The manga is a billion times better in every way but I still liked the anime. Thats what Got me to like Love hina

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 20:29:18

Okay, tommorrow I'll see if I can find the first volume of the Manga series.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 21:19:34

anyways...enough with love hina...series was funny at the beginning kinda got stupid toward the end even though i still enjoyed it...well whos seen Final Fantasy 7 Advent children yet, finally got leaked which is pretty funny...the movie fucking kicked ass, especially the action

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 21:43:37

At 9/12/05 11:17 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Now Tokyo Pop has decicded to make a Manga based a on a freakin' NICK TOON. That is the most stupidest idea I have heard. Okay, I'm done ranting. It's a good thing they mostly make Mangas that aren't based off stupid cartoons.

Which Nicktoon?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-15 22:54:45

At 9/15/05 09:43 PM, JONJONAUG wrote:
At 9/12/05 11:17 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Now Tokyo Pop has decicded to make a Manga based a on a freakin' NICK TOON. That is the most stupidest idea I have heard. Okay, I'm done ranting. It's a good thing they mostly make Mangas that aren't based off stupid cartoons.
Which Nicktoon?

I don't know and I don't care about the name. Anyway, I find Mangas more in depth than Animes.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-16 12:22:00

At 9/14/05 04:02 PM, Fumetsu316 wrote:
At 9/14/05 12:25 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
Tomarrow I'll post my list of every anime I can remember seeing. For no reason I keep an alphabetized list on my home pc.

If I tried to make an alphabetical list of every anime I've seen, I wouldn't know where to begin. I've seen so many.

I meant to bring the list in today, but forgot, so you guys have to wait until tomarrow when I can get to the library with my disk.

Hey, I've got a random question just because I feel like asking it. What was the first anime you have ever seen? I think mine was either Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets (though all I remember is people in goofy looking suits with birdlike helmets and capes)
or Speed Racer.

Mime was either Beast Wars on saturday mournings, or a rented episode of Speed Racer. If I recall correctly, it was the episode with the Mammoth Car made out of stollen gold. I never even heard of the word anime in those days.

BTW, I still need to know how many episodes there are of FMA, and how many volumes it has been streched out to on DVD. I would appreciate the info.

There are 52 episodes and 2 movies I believe. I never seen the movies so I have no oppinions on those, but from what I've seen DVD-wise on other series, it's probably stretched 5/6 eps, per DVD.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-16 15:10:57

At 9/16/05 12:22 PM, MasterStalker wrote: There are 52 episodes and 2 movies I believe. I never seen the movies so I have no oppinions on those, but from what I've seen DVD-wise on other series, it's probably stretched 5/6 eps, per DVD.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate the reply. Now if only I could find out the name of that other anime I was talking about before.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-16 17:46:44

At 9/14/05 07:22 PM, Renewman wrote: OMG One of his faves is Legend of The Overfiend, the greatest hentai series of all time. Good pick. Also,
Yeah, he seemed to be really into the movie when I showed it to him

will this ever end?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-16 18:07:09

Well, I'm bored. So I'm going to watch the whole Melty Lancer series I have on DVD!

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-16 23:56:06

NOBODY HEARD OF DOKURO CHAN?

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 05:26:17

Bleach and Burst Angel are quite good, never heard of the other one.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 09:43:30

If you love a funny anime about 2 lovers; a girl who loves this 1 guy and a guy who loves the girl but she doesn't know! then you'll love it!!!
I loved it it was quite funny Bleach is good too mucho action

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 10:12:51

Umm, no comment. But I had the pleasure of watching a new Vampire/drama anime called Lunar Legend Tsukihime . It's about this guy who has the power to see the, "Threads of Life" which are like red vein lookig things that appear on every living being. If he cuts one of the threads, he can kill a person or even take down an entire Building. One day, out of the blue, while at the park, a girl walks by. He goes unconscious and when he wakes up, BOOM! The girls is cut up into 17 pieces with blood splashed everywhere. Turns out, she comes back from the dead and forces him to protect her since he killed her while she was looking for a rival vampire. Hilarity, Bloodsucking, and Drama ensues.

Response to Anime Club 2005-09-17 12:55:12

Dubbed Naruto isn't all that bad. Sure they may have took out the blood, and Naruto's english voice actor isn't that good, but atleast 4kids didn't get their filthy hands on it.