New Topic Respond to this Topic
BenelliM4
BenelliM4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-27 16:12:01 Reply

At 3/26/09 04:53 AM, Haggard wrote: There...

Took me four tries to get 'em working, but they work! And I salute you sir!

Here's my Dtoid account. And my Urban Terror ID is BenelliM4-Medic. And I know Travis Touchdown isn't a Capcom character, but I put him in anyway.

BBS Signature
justanothergamer
justanothergamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-31 23:22:42 Reply

I am currently having problems running some of my games on my pc. When I try to start them i get this error.

R6002 "floating point not loaded"

Anyone have any ideas?

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-04 17:43:59 Reply

At 3/31/09 11:22 PM, justanothergamer wrote: I am currently having problems running some of my games on my pc. When I try to start them i get this error.

R6002 "floating point not loaded"

Anyone have any ideas?

Please post a picture of your motherboard.

Save Firefox and free software!
iMate900 4 BBS Mod in 2010!
RIP Michael Jackson. RIP Billy Mays. (But I do not care for them)

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-04 17:46:00 Reply

*THE SAGA ENDS!*

I have routed to my wireless problem due to my card's support under development, and not working just yet.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-04 21:28:29 Reply

My CD/DVD drive stopped working. It seems to be spinning the disk around but it won't show up when I go to "computer". It's like it's not there.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-05 07:08:29 Reply

At 4/4/09 09:28 PM, bgraybr wrote: My CD/DVD drive stopped working. It seems to be spinning the disk around but it won't show up when I go to "computer". It's like it's not there.

Is it just that one disk or is it with all disks you try? Also, if you insert no disk into the drive, can you then see the drive under "My Computer"?

If it is just one disk that does not work, then maybe the disk is too scratched to be read.
If it is with all disks or if the drive doesn't even show up, then maybe some of the cables aren't plugged in properly.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

killslasher
killslasher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-05 16:00:54 Reply

http://killslasher.newgrounds.com/news/p ost/293442

I need some help. I guess I'll treat this lightly if nothing happens in a matter of days. I might post a few more links and details if you ask for it, or if I feel it is needed.
Anyways, someone please click the link and see what they can do.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-05 17:30:05 Reply

At 4/5/09 07:08 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/4/09 09:28 PM, bgraybr wrote: My CD/DVD drive stopped working. It seems to be spinning the disk around but it won't show up when I go to "computer". It's like it's not there.
Is it just that one disk or is it with all disks you try? Also, if you insert no disk into the drive, can you then see the drive under "My Computer"?

If it is just one disk that does not work, then maybe the disk is too scratched to be read.
If it is with all disks or if the drive doesn't even show up, then maybe some of the cables aren't plugged in properly.

The drive is gone under"My Computer". Every disk I tried doesn't work, so it's the computer.
Is this expensive/hard to repair?

Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-06 10:18:03 Reply

This is all very sudden and started out of the blue. My computer was working fine and I shut it down properly. About an hour later I went to play on it and it would not run.

I'm able to load up windows, log in and move about for a bit but sooner or later (usually about 1-2 minutes in) it freezes up on me. Everything stops running and it just freezes.

I can run the computer on safe mode which is what I'm doing now. Obviously this will be very vague and I'm no expert... so if there's anything you need to know... ask.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-06 10:41:08 Reply

At 4/5/09 05:30 PM, bgraybr wrote: The drive is gone under"My Computer". Every disk I tried doesn't work, so it's the computer.
Is this expensive/hard to repair?

My best guess is that a cable isn't plugged in properly. It's quite easy to repair, just open the computer and unplug/replug all the cables connected with your cd-drive.
However, if you aren't experienced with computers it's best to let someone else do it (maybe a friend).
If that doesn't work then you should try a different CD drive (if you have access to one) and see if that works. If it does, then maybe your CD drive broke. New ones aren't expensive.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-06 13:15:00 Reply

At 4/5/09 04:00 PM, killslasher wrote: http://killslasher.newgrounds.com/news/p ost/293442

I need some help. I guess I'll treat this lightly if nothing happens in a matter of days. I might post a few more links and details if you ask for it, or if I feel it is needed.
Anyways, someone please click the link and see what they can do.

I'm sure you have a really tangly virus there.

New option to add on what you should do:
4. Get some kind of Linux like Ubuntu.

BBS Signature
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-06 17:46:21 Reply

I doubt you guys will be able to answer this, as I don't know how to fix it and nor does the computer forum which I post on regularly and we know a lot about hardware.

Anyways here we go.

I have this stuttering problem. Basically my games (only noticeable in SOME fps games.) stutter. It's not a FPS problem, my fps is usually 80 or so, but it's just like choppyness. This also happens with sound in game. Another problem is that when I'm listening to music and when I sometimes type the music slightly skips.

I've tried everything I think, from reinstalling Windows, to running memory tests to playing around with cpu settings.

I am 95% sure it's my CPU though, which is why I am planning to sell mine and buy a new one (same price though).

iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-08 17:56:39 Reply

At 4/6/09 05:46 PM, TacoFreak wrote: I am 95% sure it's my CPU though, which is why I am planning to sell mine and buy a new one (same price though).

I would be 10% sure that your CPU, video and sound card combined may be the problem.

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-08 18:02:39 Reply

While I solved my wireless problem, I have another problem.

Ever since I upgraded to xorg-server 1.5, my laptop's drawing on X has been very choppy. Constant blackness is common. I use the Xorg "intel" video driver. And my /etc/X11/xorg.conf: I have none.

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-08 19:20:41 Reply

At 4/8/09 06:02 PM, iMate900 wrote: While I solved my wireless problem, I have another problem.

Ever since I upgraded to xorg-server 1.5, my laptop's drawing on X has been very choppy. Constant blackness is common. I use the Xorg "intel" video driver. And my /etc/X11/xorg.conf: I have none.

This occurs in KDE and GTK-based applications. "Pure" libX11 applications like xterm, and Qt-based (not KDE-using) applications are unaffected.

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-10 17:28:41 Reply

At 4/8/09 07:20 PM, iMate900 wrote:
At 4/8/09 06:02 PM, iMate900 wrote: While I solved my wireless problem, I have another problem.

This occurs in KDE and GTK-based applications. "Pure" libX11 applications like xterm, and Qt-based (not KDE-using) applications are unaffected.

More go with this. Konsole has to redraw the console, and right now KDE window manager looks are don't look such better, as with this screeny of Qt Designer (one var. of this, useless parts removed):

Computer Hospital: Part Two

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-10 19:13:58 Reply

At 4/10/09 05:28 PM, iMate900 wrote:
At 4/8/09 07:20 PM, iMate900 wrote:

More go with this. Konsole has to redraw the console, and right now KDE window manager looks are don't look such better, as with this screeny of Qt Designer (one var. of this, useless parts removed):

More info added: There was a GCC update, then a Xorg update. The problems maybe gotten by the new GCC were that GCC 4.3 built the updated Xorg (1.5) and I traced GCC to the problem. As of now, I'm rebuilding Qt, GTK, and KDE's base.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-10 21:18:50 Reply

Why won't my computer let me block certain start up programs?

Computer Hospital: Part Two

idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-10 21:50:46 Reply

At 4/6/09 05:46 PM, TacoFreak wrote: I doubt you guys will be able to answer this, as I don't know how to fix it and nor does the computer forum which I post on regularly and we know a lot about hardware.

I will try my best at it but there is no guarantee i will get this right. I know some on this subject and might be helpfull to you or i might get it wrong @;-}<

I've tried everything I think, from reinstalling Windows, to running memory tests to playing around with cpu settings.

Reinstalling Windows would do nothing :::and by this i think you mean your system oporator:::: memory tests may be the answer, but not the one you are looking for. Windows memory tests end to be very inaccurate and don't account for everthing on your computer they don't usually account for audio and video files for no reason.

I am 95% sure it's my CPU though, which is why I am planning to sell mine and buy a new one (same price though).

If your computer is 4 years or older it may just be slowing down and not powerful enough to process everything you want it to. If your using a newer form of i-tunes on a older computer it probaly would not work as well due to all the memory that it demands at anygiven point in time. I think getting a new computer is your best bet.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-11 17:38:15 Reply

At 4/11/09 05:17 PM, Somepurson wrote: Windows Explorer has pretty much been shitting all over itself lately, and I honestly have no idea why. It'll freeze, then reappear with a new theme. Then it'll freeze as soon as I click the taskbar/anything. This makes the taskbar/windows-related programs go away. I'm using Vista Home basic.

People here suggest to download and use SUPERAntiSpyware to remove any trojans you might have on your PC.
A free version can be downloaded here.
Try that program and see if your problem disappears.

idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-11 18:39:48 Reply

At 4/10/09 09:18 PM, bgraybr wrote: Why won't my computer let me block certain start up programs?

I've seen this before on my computer and asked the same question. I asked one of thoes geeksquad guys at the mall and he told me that you will never be able to remove thoes from the start up menu :::unless you hack it::: But the program was set to have thoes programs start up with the computer. Do you think it is slowing down your computer when you boot it up? It could be alot of crap on your computer.

Removing unused programs is a great way to free up disk space, which will speed up your computer. Another way to find wasted disk space is to use the Disk Cleanup tool by following these steps:

Open My Computer, right-click Local Disk, and then click Properties.On the General tab, click the Disk
Cleanup button. Disk Cleanup will spend a few minutes examiningyour disk. The Disk Cleanup dialog box opens. As you can see in Figure 2, it found almost three gigs of space on my computer that it could free up.

This will answer your start up programs question and how to remove them.
this will increse performance is to identify any unnecessary programs that start automatically. Often, programs configure themselves to run in the background so that they appear to start quickly when needed. Some of these programs show an icon on your taskbar to let you know that they're running, while others are completely hidden. These autostart programs probably won't noticeably slow down your computer as it starts up, but they will steal away trace amounts of memory and processing time as your computer runs.

Windows XP comes with the System Configurationtool (Msconfig.exe), an excellent way to manage the startup process. To start it:

Click Start, click Run, type Msconfig, and then press Enter. On the Startup tab, you'll see a list of all the programs and processes that are set to run when Windows XP loads. Speed up your overall start time by clearing the check box next to any item you think you don't need. Click Apply, and then restart your computer for the changes to take effect

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature
dilson
dilson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-11 21:29:08 Reply

Theres something wrong with my laptop, every time I try to start it. I get a "insufficient system resources exist to complete the api" message, and it wont let me get in, how do I fix this?

iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-12 14:15:12 Reply

Ok, I think GCC 4.3 is what my problem is. Luckily, I have a copy of GCC 4.2.4. I'm going to rebuild the X server.

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-12 15:09:34 Reply

Looks good now. GCC 4.3 DID do it. GCC 4.2.4 recompiled it just fine.

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-17 07:46:33 Reply

~~~ COMPUTER HOSPITAL BUMP ~~~

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-17 08:05:24 Reply

1 more problem to solve:
My USB ports and CD-ROM drive STILL hate me. I will soon post my kernel config (suited for Acer Aspire 5315-2153).

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-17 08:07:44 Reply

At 4/17/09 08:05 AM, iMate900 wrote: 1 more problem to solve:
My USB ports and CD-ROM drive STILL hate me. I will soon post my kernel config (suited for Acer Aspire 5315-2153).

Grab my kernel config:
http://www.jtupload.com/uploads/992_linu x-config.txt

BBS Signature
Wylo
Wylo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-19 18:17:51 Reply

At 4/19/09 06:03 PM, BareNakedMike wrote: Hey I have a question about Internet Security software, This laptop I have came with Norton AV installed, and now almost a year later it just let me know that I will need to buy Norton again before it expires, ect. I was just about to buy it when I realized I also have CA internet security installed.

Should I really buy Norton if I have CA? Or should I get another security software?

I hate Norton with a passion due to all its system-slowing products. I don't know of CA's quality or product line, but if it means you don't have to pay, its good in my eyes. I use Avast since its free.

idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-19 21:19:20 Reply

At 4/19/09 06:17 PM, Wylo wrote:
At 4/19/09 06:03 PM, BareNakedMike wrote: Should I really buy Norton if I have CA? Or should I get another security software?

If you have a older computer or even a new one with less than 3 gigs of ram then don't use norton it will slow the shit out of it. I have it on mine and it works just fine because i have 6-7 gigs of ram and does nothing to mine i have not noticed it getting solower at all. Mcafee is good which i also run at the same time just to be really safe.

I hate Norton with a passion due to all its system-slowing products. I don't know of CA's quality or product line, but if it means you don't have to pay, its good in my eyes. I use Avast since its free.

I think i might take a look at Avast as you suggested as nortan is expensive and very annoying with all the shit that it says is unsafe i had to unblok newground from the nortan control panal ans still says it is semi-unsafe. I don't think i will pay to update for something that pisses me off.

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-21 21:29:02 Reply

Okey i'm using IE and now all of a sudden when i click on a flash submission or any link anywhere on any site. You know when you click something and after to know you vistied it the link turns a darker shade like on newgrounds or purple on google. Now for the past 2 days it is not happing at all. It's annoying because when i vote on UJ submissions i can't tell if i've voted on it because i pay little attention to the title or much of anything besides watching the actual flash. Thank whn you help.

BBS Signature