idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-28 20:45:15 Reply

At 4/28/09 05:21 PM, EmDubya wrote: suff about suff

So, i do know what you are talking about and even had the same problem a few times. When did you install flash and on what broswer did you install it on? Just uninsal flash and remove all components of it off of your computer. Then go to the Help/Faq on the newgrounds header and click the thong that looks like a flash add. It will say somthing like "you don't have flash, do you want to install it" click it and make sure you do the one for IE7 and click install and that should fix your problem. Or you could restart your computer and it F12 on one of the screens and it will take you to a system restor and from there set a date from prior of this happening and that could also fix it.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-28 20:53:05 Reply

At 4/26/09 12:43 AM, redpotato wrote: what if cant do this? i do have all my files backed up on an external harddrive so what if i just restore it back to the factory default then load all my files back onto my computer. would that fix my problem or could the problem be coming from some of my files?

Good question. Did you Back up all your files on a external harddrive before all this started happening? Then yes that should work if you did it prior to that. Because then if you did while all of the malatious scripts on your computer then theres a good chance it made it over to the external harddrive. Otherwise it should work. The problem may becomming from one of your files since your anti virus program does not detect any of it. I still think it would be best to take it to someplacr that fixes computers to get a better look at thinng since i cant do it my self.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature
EmDubya
EmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-28 21:42:22 Reply

At 4/28/09 08:45 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Just uninsal flash and remove all components of it off of your computer. Then go to the Help/Faq on the newgrounds header and click the thong that looks like a flash add. It will say somthing like "you don't have flash, do you want to install it" click it and make sure you do the one for IE7 and click install and that should fix your problem. Or you could restart your computer and it F12 on one of the screens and it will take you to a system restor and from there set a date from prior of this happening and that could also fix it.

So a couple funny things happened. I uninstalled flash player. Went to the Newgrounds Help/FAQ, and nothing happened. I clicked the 'thing' (I'm assuming that's the one that tells you what version of flash you're using) and it does nothing. It still says Flash is not detected. I went to the adobe site again to try to download it again, and once AGAIN, when it gets to the screen with instructions on how to use the ActiveX control, nothing happens. IE the little bar that you have to click to allow the site control does not appear.

I noticed ANOTHER strange thing. It seems to not only be affecting Flash. On Firefox, even with Flash uninstalled I can Log in on Newgrounds. On IE, the buttons don't even appear. I think this might be the problem I am having with the Quicktax I mentioned before.

STILL NEED HELPZ

If you polish a unicorn's horn long enough, it gives you magical unicorn mayonnaise. That's what I used to make these sandwiches!

BBS Signature
EmDubya
EmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 17:36:11 Reply

Damn you unhelpful thread!

If you polish a unicorn's horn long enough, it gives you magical unicorn mayonnaise. That's what I used to make these sandwiches!

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 18:25:05 Reply

At 4/29/09 05:36 PM, EmDubya wrote: Damn you unhelpful thread!

I'm sorry. I've tried, i'll look into your problem latter i have homework to do so i will try to get back to you latter. If i don't post it means i probaly don't have a answer your question yet.

BBS Signature
EmDubya
EmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 20:28:27 Reply

I'm sorry. I've tried, i'll look into your problem latter i have homework to do so i will try to get back to you latter. If i don't post it means i probaly don't have a answer your question yet.

It's OK! I figured it out! YAY FOR MEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 20:37:44 Reply

At 4/29/09 08:28 PM, EmDubya wrote: It's OK! I figured it out! YAY FOR MEEEEEEEEEE

What did you do? i would like to have this info for future use in this thread and just in general on this forum. Thanks.

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 20:44:45 Reply

I have a problem, and I need help. I seem to be infected. A new icon came in my taskbar, and told me that my computer was infected. Whenever I click it, it brings me to a site to download an antivirus. I know that this is just a scam, so I didn't use it. I tried to get rid of it, but right-clicking it just re-opened the window. It even pops up from time to time for no reason. My background has changed to a black one with a flashing message about how my computer has viruses. I'm using Rogers Online Protection right now. It has found and quarantined 14 seperate files. Should I delete them? Most of them have system32 in the name of the virus, but only a few of them are actually infected system32 files. Is it safe to delete any, if all of them?

What do I do?

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 21:20:27 Reply

At 4/29/09 08:44 PM, xscoot wrote: I have a problem, and I need help. I seem to be infected. A new icon came in my taskbar, and told me that my computer was infected. Whenever I click it, it brings me to a site to download an antivirus. I know that this is just a scam, so I didn't use it. I tried to get rid of it, but right-clicking it just re-opened the window. It even pops up from time to time for no reason. My background has changed to a black one with a flashing message about how my computer has viruses. I'm using Rogers Online Protection right now. It has found and quarantined 14 seperate files. Should I delete them? Most of them have system32 in the name of the virus, but only a few of them are actually infected system32 files. Is it safe to delete any, if all of them?

Oh thats not good at all if the files say system 32 do not tuch them for the moment being. Just delete the files that do not have that in the name. So you used Rogers to find thoes files thatg were infected right? After you delete the files i would suggest turing off the computer so it does not get the chance to infect anything else because when it's on it does seem to spread with malicious intentions. I would take it to somewhere that will look at it and then see what they could do. Because the long you leave it like that the worse it may get.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 21:21:33 Reply

I just got my computer back from repairs, for some reason the admin password is changed. I tried opening the BIOS settings and typing in a new admin password, but it didn't work. So is there any way to change it? Or should I just take it back and let them?

xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 21:29:13 Reply

At 4/29/09 09:20 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
I would take it to somewhere that will look at it and then see what they could do. Because the long you leave it like that the worse it may get.

Would I have to pay? Where can I take it?

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 21:48:19 Reply

At 4/29/09 09:29 PM, xscoot wrote:
At 4/29/09 09:20 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
I would take it to somewhere that will look at it and then see what they could do. Because the long you leave it like that the worse it may get.
Would I have to pay? Where can I take it?

For them to take a look at it maby a small fee, but nothing to intence. If it has to be fixed then i think it mab be expensive. Maby first you can go to a help line, what brand of computer do you have so i can answer your question.

BBS Signature
redpotato
redpotato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-29 22:41:35 Reply

fixed my problem. just backed everything up on an external hard drive, restored to factory settings and put everything back on. took about an hour and now my computers running even faster than before with no problems.

thanks for the sig Carbon =]

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-30 08:45:22 Reply

I've been having a problem that is very annoying.

Every so often a random thing pops up and wants me to connect to a network even though I'm already connected to one. Whenever I click close it just pops up randomly some time later. If I click properties or connect it just freezes up and my browser stops working.

So, I'm using Vista, Firefox (does the same thing on internet explorer though), and I just recently did an update that involved updating internet explorer. I don't know what do to, but that is the most detail that I can give. Hopefully someone can help me.

BBS Signature
Ehwaz003
Ehwaz003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-30 12:12:42 Reply

Best thing you can do is check for spyware. It sounds like a malware program that is trying to connect to a server, while the firewall blocks it. Thus asking you to manually allow it to connect.
Try running a scan with Adaware (freeware). You can find adaware on http://www.download.com or http://www.lavasoft.com/

Get your life back!

--- "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one", Friedrich Nietzsche ---

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-04-30 23:26:50 Reply

At 4/30/09 12:12 PM, Ehwaz003 wrote: Best thing you can do is check for spyware. It sounds like a malware program that is trying to connect to a server, while the firewall blocks it. Thus asking you to manually allow it to connect.
Try running a scan with Adaware (freeware). You can find adaware on http://www.download.com or http://www.lavasoft.com/

Yeah, that didn't work, but thanks for trying. I needed to run a scan anyway it had been awhile since I have and I caught a few things. I also looked in my internet settings and control panel, but really don't know what I'm looking for at all to shut it down. Here's a screen shot of what I see.

Computer Hospital: Part Two

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-01 18:49:36 Reply

I seem to have a problem on my computer at the moment. I made a topic a few days back and no one offered anything helpful at all. I thought I had solved the problem on comp by deleting the unnecessary crap that had been put on comp that I didn't put there including a file in the C:/Drive called xcrashburn.dat and when I went there today it had popped right back up again!! Anyone know how to get rid of it permanently? Also I seem to have a problem with posting or going to some place now as I now encounter 2 problems...

1.It takes me to the wrong page.
2. It redirects me to google with something called goggle-redirect.com and I can't find the virus file of it either.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Ghyfty
Ghyfty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-02 01:49:31 Reply

Something's wrong. My laptop is messing up for no reason. It won't show anything on the screen except the background. It also keeps showing the "logging off" screen and goes right back my account.( It only has one account.)

The weird thing is that it was working perfect yesterday. Nobody didn't touch it at all that night but me. Now when I wake up it fucks up. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to go and get it fixed.

Is it a major virus or what?

Pm me about anything, you cumdumpster.
Yes, I know I'm going to hell.

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-03 20:55:30 Reply

At 5/1/09 06:49 PM, SCTE3 wrote: suff about computers...

So it does sould like you have a nasty virius on your computer. Just trying to delete it does not always work because the codeing in it disables it's self from being deleted and needs something more powerfull to take it out. Try the free version of lavasoft and then scan your computer and when it is finished delete what it finds, please do not delete anything that contains a file name with system 32 in it. It could have infected some of the files in there, but lests hope it did not.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-04 16:12:28 Reply

At 5/3/09 08:55 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
So it does sould like you have a nasty virius on your computer. Just trying to delete it does not always work because the codeing in it disables it's self from being deleted and needs something more powerfull to take it out. Try the free version of lavasoft and then scan your computer and when it is finished delete what it finds, please do not delete anything that contains a file name with system 32 in it. It could have infected some of the files in there, but lests hope it did not.

That actually helped a lot, thanks. No more pop-ups, no more redirecting, I had no idea there was that much malware/adware/trojans hidden in my comp, most of them were hidden in the temporary files zone. Now I have one more question. How do I turn off that annoying beep soudns that comes every time something tries to get onto my computer?

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
idiot-buster
idiot-buster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-04 16:52:25 Reply

At 5/4/09 04:12 PM, SCTE3 wrote: That actually helped a lot, thanks. Now I have one more question. How do I turn off that annoying beep sounds that comes every time something tries to get onto my computer?

Oh your very welcome, glad to help you. Now about the beeb i will give you a step by step process:
1)Open up Device Manager by right-clicking on Computer and choosing Properties, then on the Hardware tab you'll find the button for Device Manager.
2)Select View \ Show hidden devices from the menu.
3)Find Non-Plug and Play Drivers in the list, and then right-click on "Beep" and disable it.
4)When it prompts you to reboot, select no, and then right-click again and choose Properties this time. On the Driver tab, change the Startup type to "Disabled" and then click the "Stop" button if you are able to.
5)This should disable the system beep speaker, but it probably won't change the volume control beep.

BBS Signature
Eclipse
Eclipse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-09 00:31:17 Reply

Ok, so Ive been playing on my laptop recently, and Ive stumbled across a big problem I cant seem to fix. When I play a game (the game I usually play has requirements that my laptop exceeds) I can play 5-10 minutes lag-free. Then, all of a sudden, I get lag out of nowhere. It happens when I play online and when I dont. Ive scanned for viruses using Avast! and it found nothing. My virtual memory is at its highest (1536MB page file), and Ive tried turning all graphical settings to their lowest and even changing the graphics to software, and it changes nothing. Please help, I cant fix it and I really want to play Unreal Tournament over the weekend.

The Stoner's Club
Current PC: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, 80GB HD, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.40GHz

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-09 09:16:42 Reply

Hello, my previous prob... Also, VirtualBox OSE hangs at a blank window. Must that be I am using KDE 4? Pic. (Using Gentoo Linux.) I've tried recompiling it with GCC 4.2, but it still won't work. emerge --info:
Portage 2.1.6.11 (default/linux/x86/2008.0, gcc-4.3.2, glibc-2.8_p20080602-r1, 2.6.28.9 i686)
========================================
=========================
System uname: Linux-2.6.28.9-i686-Intel-R-_Celeron-R-_
CPU_530_@_1.73GHz-with-glibc2.0
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 09 May 2009 11:30:18 +0000
app-shells/bash: 3.2_p39
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.7
dev-lang/python: 2.5.4-r2
dev-util/cmake: 2.6.2-r1
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.11.1
sys-apps/sandbox: 1.6-r2
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.13, 2.63
sys-devel/automake: 1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.2
sys-devel/binutils: 2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool: 1.5.26
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.27-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificate s.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks fixpackages parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.
org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dist ributions/gentoo"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-po rtage"
USE="X acl alsa berkdb bzip2 cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dri dvd fortran gdbm gpm gtk iconv ipv6 isdnlog jpeg kde midi mmx mp3 mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly opengl openmp pam pcre perl png pppd python qt4 readline reflection session spl ssl sysfs tcpd truetype unicode wifi x86 xorg xpm zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lockdeflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="synaptics mouse keyboard evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="vesa synaptics"
Unset: CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Using =x11-libs/qt-4.4.2, =app-emulation/virtualbox-ose-2.2.2 and =kde-base/kde-meta-4.2.2.

Save Firefox and free software!
iMate900 4 BBS Mod in 2010!
RIP Michael Jackson. RIP Billy Mays. (But I do not care for them)

BBS Signature
iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-09 09:18:22 Reply

At 5/9/09 09:16 AM, iMate900 wrote: Hello, my previous prob... Also, VirtualBox OSE hangs at a blank window. Must that be I am using KDE 4? Pic. (Using Gentoo Linux.) I've tried recompiling it with GCC 4.2, but it still won't work. emerge --info:
(snip)
Using =x11-libs/qt-4.4.2, =app-emulation/virtualbox-ose-2.2.2 and =kde-base/kde-meta-4.2.2.

I forgot the picture. Here:

Computer Hospital: Part Two

Save Firefox and free software!
iMate900 4 BBS Mod in 2010!
RIP Michael Jackson. RIP Billy Mays. (But I do not care for them)

BBS Signature
Chime
Chime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-10 12:54:36 Reply

My computer doesn't have sound, and it had it before this day. I tried speakers, they won't fit. How do I put the sound back up? I checked , and it wasn't cord speakers causing the sound.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-10 19:21:27 Reply

I was talking to somebody with my screen not doing anything at all, no programs running and no windows up, when out of nowhere I hear a voice sample that has static in it, and then the screen flickers with static and then they both stop. This has happened twice in about a week.

I scanned my computer multiple times and nothing came up. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

BenelliM4
BenelliM4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-11 22:30:30 Reply

Hey, me again. This time I'm having trouble with an .avi movie clip. I'm trying to add subtitles and I'm using DVDFlick 1.3.0.6. I know the file I need is either a .sub or .srt file, but I don't know how to create them. I've already tried using OpenOffice.org 3.0 and Word 97, but I've gotten zilch. Can someone tell me how?

Here's my Dtoid account. And my Urban Terror ID is BenelliM4-Medic. And I know Travis Touchdown isn't a Capcom character, but I put him in anyway.

BBS Signature
NinjaWaff1e
NinjaWaff1e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-13 21:03:55 Reply

Need Siemens 6520 Software.. Help?

ThoseSneakyFrench
ThoseSneakyFrench
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-14 06:43:53 Reply

At 5/10/09 12:54 PM, Chime wrote: My computer doesn't have sound, and it had it before this day. I tried speakers, they won't fit. How do I put the sound back up? I checked , and it wasn't cord speakers causing the sound.

Computer audio plugs are 3.5mm. If you can, go out and pick up an adapter. They cost 5 bucks at most.

BenelliM4
BenelliM4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-05-20 20:25:34 Reply

At 5/13/09 09:03 PM, NinjaWaff1e wrote: Need Siemens 6520 Software.. Help?

What's your OS? Also, does it plug in with a USB?

Here's my Dtoid account. And my Urban Terror ID is BenelliM4-Medic. And I know Travis Touchdown isn't a Capcom character, but I put him in anyway.

BBS Signature