New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-02-27 17:41:56 Reply

At 2/27/09 04:49 PM, Mendou wrote: Could heat be an issue? or maybe a bunch of registry errors? I'm using 32-bit Vista Home Premium by the way.

Any answers?

OK i will narrow this down to three parts, of which we will eliminate each one.
You may have a virus.....Check out my "3 things every comp needs" in my sig, that should solve your virus problem.

Your computer may be getting hot.....Feel the vent on your computer are they hot? If so putt it away from the wall, or if it's full of dust, switch off your computer > unplug it > hoover the vent > plug back in > switch on > Sorted!

Your may have a fuck load of registry problems......Use the Ccleaner tool in my news post to clear that one up.

Try these things^^^ If the problem still continues, post back and we may have another solution!
Hope that helped!

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-02 15:06:58 Reply

I want to know if anyone can help with a Direct X problem.

I uninstalled the game Counter Strike recently because I'm going to re-install it on another computer, well everything went smoothly until I tried to play the game Halo. I got this message from Halo

"A problem occured initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration may be disabled, please run DXDIAG"

So I ran DXDIAG and it said the hardware acceleration was enabled. So I saved the info from the DXDIAG, can anyone help me?

My DXDIAG Specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 4)
Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (0x5955)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_308510 3C&REV_00
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6525 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

RageOfOrder
RageOfOrder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-03 12:15:15 Reply

Mendou:
Keep in mind that dust is a major killer of computers.
I highly recommend that everyone dust their computer thoroughly once a year or more, if required.
For a desktop, take the side panel off and use an air compressor, canned air, or even a vacuum toremove dust, especially from fans. If a fan ever gets so full of dust that it can't spin at full speed, this is where computers fry themselves.

For a laptop, a combination of canned air in the vents to stir up the dust and then a vacuum to the vents should help some.

Alternatively, remember that flash is CPU intensive, and it's always possible that you have a dead or hanging process that you just didn't see in task manager.

UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-07 09:27:06 Reply

My computer has been shutting down due to over-heating. I installed a CPU fan monitor and I ran it and everything appeared to be on fire!! Now, I have before cleaned the fan ad this seemed to work for at least a month without turning off the computer, but does anyone have any free solutions to cooling a computer down? I am going to start to turn it off at night, or atleast put it in stand by. Here is a picture of SpeedFan's results.

Computer Hospital: Part Two

Wylo
Wylo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-07 11:36:31 Reply

At 3/7/09 09:27 AM, UnknownFear wrote: My computer has been shutting down due to over-heating. I installed a CPU fan monitor and I ran it and everything appeared to be on fire!! Now, I have before cleaned the fan ad this seemed to work for at least a month without turning off the computer, but does anyone have any free solutions to cooling a computer down? I am going to start to turn it off at night, or atleast put it in stand by. Here is a picture of SpeedFan's results.

Computer specs please. More specifically, the CPU and motherboard models. Some CPU mobo configs report the wrong temps. Try updating your BIOS.

If you cleaned out the dust only last month, then that temperature doesn't make sense. Check to see if your fan(s) are spinning. Aside from cleaning your computer, the only other free solutions would be to underclock it or leave your case open to the air.

ZpLiNtEh
ZpLiNtEh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-08 06:08:14 Reply

Sorry to bother you again guys, but I have another problem, I think I may have fucked up my computer.

I disabled the UAC (vista 64bit) about a week or more ago, and only restarted my PC today, but when it got to the boot screen it simply says something about loading FreeDOS?

I'm wondering if this has something to do with VistaBootPro which I installed a while ago and tinkered with that for a bit, this was when I thought I needed to dual boot (I don't).

Perhaps my system is trying to boot an OS which isn't there? if that's possible...

It won't actually boot up at all now, just stays on that screen, even if I press ctrl+alt+del to manually restart from there it just goes back to the same screen.

I'm scared :O

"Loading FreeDOS

ROOT FAT KERNEL GO!"

wtf mate?

um..any ideas please and thank you?

Computer Hospital: Part Two

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

ZpLiNtEh
ZpLiNtEh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-08 06:10:40 Reply

At 3/8/09 06:08 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Sorry to bother you again guys

Just incase you need my specs:

Quad Core CPU @ 2.1Ghz
8GB RAM
ATi Radeon HD 4850
Windows Vista Basic 64bit

Dunno if that helps

iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-08 08:58:56 Reply

At 3/8/09 06:08 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: um..any ideas please and thank you?

You've got a problem. I recommend to install a generic boot sector. Install GAG and uninstall it. Simple.

Save Firefox and free software!
iMate900 4 BBS Mod in 2010!
RIP Michael Jackson. RIP Billy Mays. (But I do not care for them)

BBS Signature
ZpLiNtEh
ZpLiNtEh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-08 09:15:14 Reply

w00t! No worries guys I figured it out :D

For those wondering I just unplugged all my USB devices then restarted with ctrl+alt+del.

Seems Vista and XP don't like USB devices being left plugged in during bootup, I'm glad I googled this too.

Sorry for the triple post :p

swiftmpc
swiftmpc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-11 01:53:36 Reply

Hey guys.

I purchased 4 gigs online that were compatible with my CPU and installed both of them correctly, removing 512x2.

My system can read the total gig=6.00 but in System Information it says:

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) = 6.00
Total Physical Memory = 3.25

I know it's not using all 6 gigs, how do I approach this?

BBS Signature
Aprime
Aprime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Game Developer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-11 12:01:42 Reply

This is from a thread my made yesterday...

Any ideas how to help??

Okay, Ive had my...

SONY ERICSSON T303 since Christmas now
and still can't get a downloaded theme to work! (not that I have been trying all that time)

Its really annoying!!

I can select themes from the current ones on my phone

But when I download one or make my own

I get a message saying "Theme corrupt. Cannot be set." Even if the theme has worked for somebody else

And they are T303 themes!!

Any suggestion on how I can get the theme to work?

They are all .Thm

Any way that I can fix this problem

Ive searched this on Google, and either no one replies.. or they had really bad replies
and we all know how fast Newgrounds replies to threads

Has this happened to you?
If so, how did you solve it?
How do you think I can fix this error?

Fan me up | Twitter l My Website l YouTube (Please Subscribe)

BBS Signature
zyzy
zyzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-12 18:34:13 Reply

My computer won't detect my kodak easyshare m753 or my olympus stylus 1010 cameras. The usb port is not the problem, everything else works fine on the computer. I bought brand new usb cords for the cameras too. The kodak camera used to work on the computer, but now it doesn't get connected.

Wylo
Wylo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-12 18:46:33 Reply

At 3/11/09 01:53 AM, swiftmpc wrote: Hey guys.

32bit Vista or XP only accesses 3GB of RAM. Upgrade to 64 bit and you'll be able to use all of it.

Try a different computer? I'd take it to the store where you got it from and ask them to try it. It might be a bad connection cable.

At 3/12/09 06:34 PM, ZyklonB wrote: My computer won't detect my kodak easyshare m753 or my olympus stylus 1010 cameras. The usb port is not the problem, everything else works fine on the computer. I bought brand new usb cords for the cameras too. The kodak camera used to work on the computer, but now it doesn't get connected.

Can't really help you there other than suggesting uninstall and reinstall of the drivers.

Wylo
Wylo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-12 18:48:33 Reply

My bad. The "Try a different computer? I'd take it to the store where you got it from and ask them to try it. It might be a bad connection cable." part of that last post was directed to aprime.

HEMI9
HEMI9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-18 17:18:50 Reply

my computer downloaded this thing called Antivirus 360. And it blocks me from NG! i'm on my mac but i need games so i use PC. so how do i delete AV360?

Wow this banner is really old and makes me cringe a little bit

BBS Signature
Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-18 18:00:50 Reply

At 3/18/09 05:18 PM, HEMI9 wrote: my computer downloaded this thing called Antivirus 360. And it blocks me from NG! i'm on my mac but i need games so i use PC. so how do i delete AV360?

Here's a guide on how to delete Antivirus 360. It was the first result of a quick search on Google, actually.

ThoseSneakyFrench
ThoseSneakyFrench
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-22 11:20:44 Reply

So I recently raised my CPU overclock from 3.8 ghz to 4.15, and now some programs are running shitty.

Windows movie maker and Trackmania specifically.

Trackmania's average frame rate effectively cut in half from what I remember it being. WMM skips so much that I find it impossible to actually do anything with the program. All other games and programs work fine, not a single hitch.

The overclock is 8+ hours stress test stable, so what could actually be causing this?

DELUCA2400
DELUCA2400
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-23 08:31:16 Reply

Okay I just got my computer back from my old place and I plugged it in in and connected all of the cables, but it doesn't read anything (keyboard, mouse, stuff like that). The CPU has power and is on. Any idea what's wrong?

iMate900
iMate900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-23 15:40:06 Reply

At 3/22/09 11:20 AM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote: So I recently raised my CPU overclock from 3.8 ghz to 4.15, and now some programs are running shitty.

Overclock to 3.9GHz then. At least it's a bit higher than 3.8 :)

Save Firefox and free software!
iMate900 4 BBS Mod in 2010!
RIP Michael Jackson. RIP Billy Mays. (But I do not care for them)

BBS Signature
steveo1259
steveo1259
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-24 17:30:03 Reply

At 3/23/09 08:31 AM, DELUCA2400 wrote: Okay I just got my computer back from my old place and I plugged it in in and connected all of the cables, but it doesn't read anything (keyboard, mouse, stuff like that). The CPU has power and is on. Any idea what's wrong?

well then try plugging your keyboard and mouse into different connectors

DELUCA2400
DELUCA2400
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-24 19:42:32 Reply

At 3/24/09 05:30 PM, steveo1259 wrote:
At 3/23/09 08:31 AM, DELUCA2400 wrote: Okay I just got my computer back from my old place and I plugged it in in and connected all of the cables, but it doesn't read anything (keyboard, mouse, stuff like that). The CPU has power and is on. Any idea what's wrong?
well then try plugging your keyboard and mouse into different connectors

Already tried that and I used my other keyboard and mouse and they didn't work either.

deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-25 19:28:02 Reply

At 3/24/09 07:42 PM, DELUCA2400 wrote: Already tried that and I used my other keyboard and mouse and they didn't work either.

Have you tried opening it up and making sure it's all connected correctly? If you have no input devices whatsoever, this is a problem we might struggle to solve. Is it a USB keyboard and mouse, or PS/2? If it's USB, try PS/2 and vice versa. might help.

Sounds like a loose connection inside, so all might not be lost.

At 3/22/09 11:20 AM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote: So I recently raised my CPU overclock from 3.8 ghz to 4.15, and now some programs are running shitty.

FFFFFFFFFFF-

4.15 GHz...

You can call me crazy, but you have to admit that must have something to do with your problems.

#coys

BBS Signature
BenelliM4
BenelliM4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-25 21:33:35 Reply

Umm... I've been in this thread before, and I sort of have another problem. I don't know why but my computer's speakers aren't working anymore. They're plugged in, everything's in the right place, and they have power. They worked fine before on this computer and then we used them on another computer for about two months before switching back to our current one.
They're Harman\Kardon HK206 speakers on a Dell Dimension 3000 (Or 2300, I can't really tell.) running Windows XP SP3. It's hard drive had to be wiped recently due to a virus we had, and we are missing the software disc that came with it. People have said that drivers aren't needed for these speakers, but when I plug them in and check the Control Panel, It reads "No Audio Device."

Here's my Dtoid account. And my Urban Terror ID is BenelliM4-Medic. And I know Travis Touchdown isn't a Capcom character, but I put him in anyway.

BBS Signature
ThoseSneakyFrench
ThoseSneakyFrench
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-25 21:59:01 Reply

At 3/25/09 07:28 PM, deckheadtottie wrote: You can call me crazy, but you have to admit that must have something to do with your problems.

The two issues were completely isolated from the overclock, but it proceeded to hard lock then BSoD on me anyway. I'm back at 3.8 now. Sad thing is I had 4.3 before I accidentally overwrote the settings.

At 3/25/09 09:33 PM, BenelliM4 wrote:

:Speaker problems

Being it's a new format, you probably need to install drivers for the sound card itself. Read up on your Dell model and find what kind of integrated sound it uses, then find drivers for it. All should run smoothly after doing so.

BenelliM4
BenelliM4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-25 22:30:01 Reply

Being it's a new format, you probably need to install drivers for the sound card itself. Read up on your Dell model and find what kind of integrated sound it uses, then find drivers for it. All should run smoothly after doing so.

I know what I'm looking for. I need the SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Drivers. I just can'tfind them. I know they're on the second computer I mentioned, but I don't know the folderpath. I was really hoping someone would help me with that.

Here's my Dtoid account. And my Urban Terror ID is BenelliM4-Medic. And I know Travis Touchdown isn't a Capcom character, but I put him in anyway.

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-26 04:53:48 Reply

At 3/25/09 10:30 PM, BenelliM4 wrote:
I know what I'm looking for. I need the SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Drivers. I just can'tfind them.

http://www.google.com/search?q=SoundMAX+
Integrated+Digital+Audio+Drivers

There...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-26 06:53:48 Reply

At 3/26/09 05:56 AM, Jawdyn wrote: Will deleteing the entire contents of my Temp Folder hurt my computer? There is A LOT of stuff in there that I thought i have removed a long time ago. It's contents is 6 Gigabytes.

Well, it's called "temporary folder" for a reason. (Nearly) All things in there aren't vital for your computer, but only things that are stored there while you work on your PC (start a program -> parts are loaded into the temp folder. Unzipping something? Temp folder, etc.)

Can I just delete the entire folder and everything will be ok, and i will get some gig back?

You can safely delete the contents of the folder, don't delete the folder itself.
Also, if you don't know exactly what you are doing, better don't touch anything. However, it should be safe to delete all files with a *.tmp ending.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-26 06:56:20 Reply

At 3/26/09 05:56 AM, Jawdyn wrote: Can I just delete the entire folder and everything will be ok, and i will get some gig back?

Deleting your temp files is encouraged, actually. Use something like CCleaner to be really effective. Bare in mind, though, that deleting those temp files will remove cookies, if you check a box asking if you want to stay signed in on websites, you will have to put your credentials back in.

I delete my temp files every time I reboot my system, so it's not a problem at all.

#coys

BBS Signature
UKZ
UKZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-26 20:27:21 Reply

Question: I have two zune hardrives, just the hd's no zune or screen; does anyone know if i could hook them up as external hardrives to my computer?

Crews:
Graffiti Crew
Stoner's Club

BBS Signature
Roni123
Roni123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Computer Hospital: Part Two 2009-03-27 15:22:45 Reply

Its not much of a problem but since I got my new ram I've been getting mouse lag on source games.
I'm sure it has to do something with my ram but I don't know how to fix it.
I changed sensitivity and turned on and off smoothing.
Can anyone help?