00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rating low to get their's higher

4,872 Views | 83 Replies

Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 12:34:20

What's with this? People are rating my stuff really low to get their song's higher on the list. I think that there needs to be some sort of rule enforced that if someone rates below a 1, or 2 they MUST leave a review. Anyone else having this problem?

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 12:42:47

Everyone has this problem my friend. You just have to deal with it and live on i guess. I'll drop you some fives as consilation. Best not to worry about it. Its not the score that matters anyway, id count the reviews as more important.

And, welcome to the BBS!

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 12:53:31

Thanks :). I've been registered on NG for a while, but I've never had the time until now. I used too be part of some other audio portals, and that's how they fixed the problem.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 13:13:01

I lowest I usually ever rate is a 2, but not to raise my songs up in the charts, my song's scores are too low to do that ^_^

The song has to be exceptionally crappy and poorly structured and composed for me to vote 1 or 0.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 14:05:18

Although I doubt NG will do this, I think someone who leaves a vote of 2 or lower, needs to leave a review of why. This would make the "Cheating" on the charts come to an end in my opinion! This will never happen though, so just make music because you like it man!

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 15:19:40

At 10/8/06 02:05 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: Although I doubt NG will do this, I think someone who leaves a vote of 2 or lower, needs to leave a review of why. This would make the "Cheating" on the charts come to an end in my opinion! This will never happen though, so just make music because you like it man!

the only problem, is this will never happen. and even if it did they would probably just leav a shit review with all zeros.

\" \ " / "/ - Myspace

\" \ " / "/ - Xenovora - my best song yet

\" \ " / "/ - my website

BBS Signature

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 15:28:09

And maybe we should be able to flag shit reviews...

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 15:31:10

At 10/8/06 03:28 PM, bladerunner627 wrote: And maybe we should be able to flag shit reviews...

yeh...like on flash reviews. I think this point has been brought up many times. Apparently changes are coming to the AP according to PiePie...who knows what they'll be :s

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 21:33:47

I`ve never heard of that, if someone gives you a 1, their score raises?. that makes no sense

come support us at the newgrounds.com irc chat room! - just type your nick, and your in!

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-08 22:09:34

tbh i like the system, it reflects real life. ie, its just not fair.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 08:02:13

Hahaha yeah, I'M the emo cos i'm not crying about a score system.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 12:21:02

At 10/9/06 08:02 AM, SpamWarrior wrote: Hahaha yeah, I'M the emo cos i'm not crying about a score system.

Of all people..
Alright, Mr. "3.25 is the highest rating I have on song." I see that you obviously don't care.

I wonder why people don't respect you

"Reviewed by: Paul-Stetich Overall rating: 0
I flagged all your stuff as thanx for 0ing me...lol nice try anyway, I have to say Youve earned my respect by trying to be better.

Author's response:
Oh look, a spiteful little whore, lolly lolly lol. I'm gonna go get even more trashed and watch some southpark"

Asshole....get off my thread. It's fuckers like you that ruin the Audio Portal.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 12:23:44

Haha...easy man! It wasnt that offesive. And FYI, any score that survives for longer than a week with a score of over 3 is usually good. NG is full of 0-bombers a plently.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 12:32:39

At 10/9/06 12:23 PM, Love-Hate-War wrote: Haha...easy man! It wasnt that offesive. And FYI, any score that survives for longer than a week with a score of over 3 is usually good. NG is full of 0-bombers a plently.

Naw, sometimes the zero voters get lazy. Especially in genres where there is not a lot of traffic, like Misc... some songs can stand there at a 5 for a week I bet, and other genres which no body even goes to, like British rock or funk.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 12:34:14

Yea, he's one of them....and im sure he's gonna bomb mine..

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 12:53:59

nah, Spamwarrior doesn't go on bombing sprees often, and only if you make fun of his mother (your mom Spam).

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 12:56:33

At 10/9/06 12:53 PM, MaestroRage wrote: nah, Spamwarrior doesn't go on bombing sprees often, and only if you make fun of his mother (your mom Spam).

Hah, well you don't have anything to worry about. If you zero's one of your's it'l go down by like .001..

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 14:10:11

so another thread trundles along regarding te fact the people zero vote other peoples music....Oh Dear God!!!!! It happens, get over it, yes it kinda sucks to see the lil piece of orgasmic heaven that you call music get fucked up the ass good style off some little runts who spasmodically 0 by ever tune on the portal.

It's happened to me, it's happened to you, heck it'll have happened to everybody who' ever posted a song on here, do you know what it's called? Jealousy....yes jealousy my friend or just sheer twattish behaviour regardless it don'tne matter sonny jim. just bob along make good music and wait for the reviews to roll in, they really matter.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 14:22:42

At 10/9/06 12:34 PM, bladerunner627 wrote: Yea, he's one of them....and im sure he's gonna bomb mine..

Ah, I love people like you. The reason why I used to (and occasioanly still do) zero vote. I do it to show a lesson though:

Scores don't matter. The quality of the music though, does.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 14:41:39

At 10/9/06 12:53 PM, MaestroRage wrote: nah, Spamwarrior doesn't go on bombing sprees often, and only if you make fun of his mother (your mom Spam).

grrrrr. JUST COS SHE HAS A WOODEN LEG, YOU DIDNT HAVE TO MAKE THAT COMMENT ABOUT HER CREAKING IN THE WIND!

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 14:45:04

At 10/9/06 12:21 PM, bladerunner627 wrote:
At 10/9/06 08:02 AM, SpamWarrior wrote: Hahaha yeah, I'M the emo cos i'm not crying about a score system.
Of all people..
Alright, Mr. "3.25 is the highest rating I have on song." I see that you obviously don't care.

10/10 for being able to spot my lack of caring for the issue.

I wonder why people don't respect you

i dont know that for fact, neither do you, and i couldnt give a portion of a fuck, nor a fart for the issue.

"Reviewed by: Paul-Stetich Overall rating: 0
I flagged all your stuff as thanx for 0ing me...lol nice try anyway, I have to say Youve earned my respect by trying to be better.

Author's response:
Oh look, a spiteful little whore, lolly lolly lol. I'm gonna go get even more trashed and watch some southpark"

haha, that runt made me laugh, i 0'd him with good reasoning, and told him BEFOREHAND i would do it if he didnt shut the fuck up with his whining. He whined, i 0'd him, got to torment some fool and laugh even more. I win all round.

Asshole....get off my thread. It's fuckers like you that ruin the Audio Portal.

firstly. no one OWNS a thread. second: I made a nice valid contribution anyway. its YOU that tried starting a flame war in here, and for once, i could actually get someone else banned for a change! WINNER!

you think i'm going to 0 you? YOU GONNA WHINE SOME MORE, BITCH?

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 19:40:57

Well seriously, if you do 0 me...everyone will know how much of a loser your REALLY are.
So go ahead...0 me...prove my point...you fucking pussy.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 19:47:31

i see u have met spam warrior. everyone bitches about this at some point or another if u look far enough back in my bbs posts u should be able to find my thread on a similiar grounds. They should make it mandatory for you to explain why you voted lower then three.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 19:52:00

yep its a fuckuing mean fucking shit bitch ass cock world out there shit flap ROgER ME

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 20:06:16

Don't zero vote someone's songs because you don't like their attitude in the AF. That's just low and uncalled for.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 20:07:43

i already have soap to wash my mouth out.

CHRON >: (

Your right man.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 20:13:35

At 10/9/06 08:04 PM, Chronamut wrote: *sigh*

honestly.

whoever said it above me was right tho.. if you song survives in mid to high 3s after like months or years its pretty good - you're NOT going to be at 5 or 4 forever - thats just being selfish - songs have to go down so other people can have a chance.

Well I obviously know that :). Im not saying im t3h 1337zors, or anything.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 20:21:04

Or Reaper of ratings/spamwarrior/just you/alt.

:D

See? I have disarming smileys of my own.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 20:23:43

Your mom Erkie :D.

Hey the smilies DO work... go figure.

Response to Rating low to get their's higher 2006-10-09 20:24:52

Wow...this really got to 2 pages? How many times is this argument gonna circulate on the AF?