RyeGuyHead
RyeGuyHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 28th, 2006 @ 11:14 AM Reply

At 10/27/06 12:31 PM, Kirizzle wrote:
By the way, RGH, your song isn't exactly christmasy... you even use jungle and swamp sound clips! Are ya implying Santa works as a Safari tour guide on his days off? Even so, I don't think the submission fits the theme.

I couldn't agree with you more. But its no less Christmasy than half the submissions i listened to. I guess it depends on what you define as Christmas doesn't it? Its not "jungle" sounds either. Different birds chirping, a woodpecker, and an owl is what i used i believe.

just you wait

XBrav
XBrav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 28th, 2006 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 10/28/06 04:45 AM, MilkMan-Dan wrote: Oh wouldn't you know. I live in Edmonton Alberta.

We should go for lunch sometime mate. I'm up to a 3 hour drive :P.

Haha yeah that'd be awsome. I smell a collaboration!

MusicalRocky
MusicalRocky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 28th, 2006 @ 11:39 AM Reply

I have a question. Can I submit a non-contestant, and say that if I don't submit a contestant by the time October ends, that non-contestant becomes my contestant?

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 28th, 2006 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 10/28/06 11:39 AM, MusicalRocky wrote: I have a question. Can I submit a non-contestant, and say that if I don't submit a contestant by the time October ends, that non-contestant becomes my contestant?

youre gonna have to keep track of that yourself. best thing would be to decide first, and then submit. you can just wait until 31 oct ya know... :)

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

MrPariah
MrPariah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 28th, 2006 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 10/27/06 08:50 PM, MrPariah wrote: DJ Santa's dance club (original)
DJ Santa's dance club (original)

err forgot to say that was my entry...

XBrav
XBrav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 11:29 AM Reply

Well it looks as though this contest is beginning to be successful. I've already had my Christmas contest entry used in a submission in the portal. The score isn't anything spectacular, but goes to show that artists are using audio from this! ^-^ anybody else had theirs used yet?

attemptedperfection
attemptedperfection
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 11:49 AM Reply

we have yet to see that surge of last-week entries, though...
maybe last-minute?

BBS Signature
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 01:43 PM Reply

X-mas yo yo forget my last post i always enter the mac 6.

Syntrus keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006
The Madness of Kid Triangle

BBS Signature
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 10/29/06 01:43 PM, Syntrus wrote: X-mas yo yo forget my last post i always enter the mac 6.

Btw this means i submit this track into the contest.

Syntrus keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006
The Madness of Kid Triangle

BBS Signature
Quickbeam
Quickbeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 02:17 PM Reply

Ok i am submitting this song to the MAC6 collection but not the contest. I don't want this song put in as i am doing something extra special for MAC6 later. So enjoy this fun filled camp fire sing-along: The Song Of Christmas.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 03:46 PM Reply

Awsome to see the numbers tick up, we allmost have 20 contestants now, if im not wrong?...

Anyway, october is on it´s way out, if anyone wanna join up and battle for the 250$, ya better hurry up and produce a kickass song!!!! ^^

Twas minus 1 degree celsius here all day more or less. Freaking cold... but that means that soon santa wil be here with his partytent whooooo...

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 10/29/06 03:46 PM, Rucklo wrote: Twas minus 1 degree celsius here all day more or less. Freaking cold... but that means that soon santa wil be here with his partytent whooooo...

Speaking of snow, we've been getting a tiny bit of snow here for the past 1 or 2 weeks, but its been melting off. Last night though, we got a good layer of snow :) I can't wait for the good times.

You know, with blizzards and heavy amounts of snow, and an average temperature of -30 C.

MilkMan-Dan
MilkMan-Dan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 06:51 PM Reply

Hey XBRAV... are you familiar with the Edmonton Christmas spectacle known as the Singing Christmas Tree?

If you've ever seen it... lol... that happens to be a performance I've been in almost every year of my life. It's my source of Christmas spirit.

speedmetalmessiah
speedmetalmessiah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 06:53 PM Reply

Woohoo finally was happy with the final mix so here it is This is Christmas (original) this is a contest entry.

XBrav
XBrav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 08:28 PM Reply

At 10/29/06 06:51 PM, MilkMan-Dan wrote: Hey XBRAV... are you familiar with the Edmonton Christmas spectacle known as the Singing Christmas Tree?

If you've ever seen it... lol... that happens to be a performance I've been in almost every year of my life. It's my source of Christmas spirit.

Never heard of it. Is it televised?

XBrav
XBrav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 09:55 PM Reply

The clock's on!!!
Countdown

<object type="text/html" standby="Countdown To XBrav's Victory!!!" data="http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.h tml?year=2006&amp;month=11&amp;date=1&amp; hrs=0&amp;min=0&amp;sec=0&amp;tz=local&amp ;title=Countdown%20To%20XBrav%27s%20Victor y%21%21%21&amp;lang=en&amp;bgcolor=%23CCFF FF" width="250" height="365" style="width:15.6em;height:22.8em;border:i nset;">Countdown To XBrav's Victory!!!</object>

Kirizzle
Kirizzle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 10/29/06 09:55 PM, XBrav wrote: html

pwned ^^

TWO MORE DAYS TIL DEADLINE!

Carry on.

HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 10:00 PM Reply

with a cash prize, i think it inspired ppl to work harder! cant wait either!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature
MrPariah
MrPariah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 29th, 2006 @ 11:13 PM Reply

Looks like the audio people aren't full of themselves... instead their just lazy... Though I can't say I'm much better...

::CHECK OUT MY AUDIO!!!!@!@!111! LOLZ :DDD

MilkMan-Dan
MilkMan-Dan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 04:28 AM Reply

It snowed a couple days ago.

I'm already wishing everyone a Merry Christmas... I just love the holidays so much.

I hope you all enjoy your Halloween tommorow, but most importantly I hope you all look ahead to the beautiful holidays yet to come.

lol... I hope that submitting early hasn't ruined my chances... the judges are probubly sick of it by now lol.

Some great Entries people... I'm in the christmas spirit so much... I want to put up my christmas tree... and deck the halls... fa la la la la. And all that jazz.

Oh and btw XBrav... yah... "The Singing Christmas Tree" was telivised... thsi will the be first year in like 36 years they aren't putting it on though unfortunitley.

So when would you like to go for lunch?

MilkMan-Dan
MilkMan-Dan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 06:07 AM Reply

Hey everyone,

Well after being in the christmas spirit I decided to finish a little christmas piece I was working on for a non-contest entry. So here it.

It's kinda a cover of 4 Christmas classics... in my own style.

Can you guess the 4 Christmas classics I used???
This was incredibley rushed cuz I won't have time to make anymore music for a long while.

Anywho... thanks in advance for any reviews and scores :)."The Classical Christmas" - Milkman-Dan

DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 07:16 AM Reply

I'm not late, I'm teh man! :D One of the last lists for this contest fellow contestants. The final judging list will be provided by Rucklo, not by me!

PLZ keep in mind that I only put those submissions on the list which are stated as CONTESTANT / NON-CONTESTANT. Otherwise I don't accept them! Always remember to check back on the rules if you're not sure on something. Oh, and if something is wrong, correct me! I'm only human and I can make mistakes. Also, this list is friggin BIG. >: P

Deadline is 11/01/2006 - 00 : 00

IMPORTANT!! Guys and Gurls, those contests are based on a certain topic. You not just submit a song. You SHOULD create a song that fits the mood of that. In this case "christmas". I noticed that some entries that aren't quite christmas like, not in a bit. Be aware that you could get sorted out in the FINAL JUDGEMENT list because you failed to archieve the goal with your submission. For example the submission from attemptedperfection is an english ballade / folksong, not a song for "christmas" at all. I'll put it on the list but I don't guaranty that it will stay there. RUCKLO and LJCOFFEE got the final word here.

Who ever wonders where my entry is. Just hold on a little more, it's 95 % finished. *laughs at MaestroRage*

you will get pwned again...lol >: (

You can submit:

- 1 Audio for the contest (original or cover)
- 2 christmas Audios for the collection thread (originals or covers)

Alrighty ladys...last but not least the SUBMISSION List! You know the deal. ;)

New subs are "bold", so that you guys can better see what's NEW. ;)

Current list of entries / CONTESTANT...

Entries so far: >20<

Classical submissions:

MilkMan-Dan - The Purest of Winters (original)

Deflektor76 - Christmas is for everyone (original)

cornandbeans - {Christmas Grooves} (original)

SineRider - SineRider's Christmas Epic (original)

stealth-annihilator - March Of The Elves (xmas song) (original)

MaestroRage - _-={The Epic Christmas!}=-_ (original)

MusicalSerenity - MAC6 October X-mas Submission (original)

speedmetalmessiah - This is Christmas (original)

Metal submissions:

none so far

General Rock submissions:

none so far

DnB submissions:

SadSpoon - Santa DnB (original)

Ambient submissions:

SBB - Mirrors in the Snow (original)

Bluegrass submissions:

none so far

Industrial submissions:

attemptedperfection - Greensleeves (MAC6) (cover)

Techno submissions:

fr3kn - The Assassians Christmas (original)

xlash - Snowman Dance (original)

Syntrus - Xmas yo (original)

Video Game submissions:

Grumbleduke - Skull Castle Festivities (cover / remix)

RyeGuyHead - RGH: In The Woods (original)

Jazz submissions:

XBrav - Christmas Time - Presents! (original)

BlackNoise - The First Sled Ride (original)

Pop submissions:

josh-tamugaia - Christmas All Along (original)

Trance submissions:

none so far

Dance submissions:

MrPariah - DJ Santa's dance club (original)

Miscellaneous submissions:

none so far

Current list of entries / NON - CONTESTANT...

Entries so far: >6<

Classical submissions:

MilkMan-Dan - A Classical Christmas (cover / remix)

Metal submissions:

none so far

General Rock submissions:

Errol - The Song Of Christmas (original)

DnB submissions:

none so far

Ambient submissions:

VegetarianMeat - Sweet Harmony (original)

Deflektor76 - Blue Sanctuary (original)

Spikrodd - The Nameless Song (original)

Bluegrass submissions:

none so far

Industrial submissions:

none so far

Techno submissions:

Rucklo - High-Ho (Remake) (cover)

Video Game submissions:

none so far

Jazz submissions:

none so far

Trance submissions:

none so far

Dance submissions:

none so far

Miscellaneous submissions:

none so far

----------------

Entries Overall: > 26 <

END OF LISTS.

NO U! >: (

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
attemptedperfection
attemptedperfection
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 08:14 AM Reply

aww, c'mon; I always hear greensleeves around christmas time; they just added lyrics and called it "what child is this?" so you're going to count me out just because I kept its original name? : (

BBS Signature
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 08:29 AM Reply

At 10/30/06 08:14 AM, attemptedperfection wrote: aww, c'mon; I always hear greensleeves around christmas time; they just added lyrics and called it "what child is this?" so you're going to count me out just because I kept its original name? : (

I'm not saying I'm counting you out, we'll see about that. Rucklo and LJ got the final word here and if they think it's not good for the contest, then you're out. It's not a lollzorz contest. If you haven't heard right, this is a contest on the spotlight, so a bit more serious attempt on it plz.

I'm saying it's not a track that is not quite focused on this contest. It's an english ballad / folksong in his original. You're right with the "what child is this?",thats indeed an english song for christmas. Apart from that, making a cover won't give you teh big scores and it isn't the burner. I think you would drive better with making an original song.

BBS Signature
attemptedperfection
attemptedperfection
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 08:52 AM Reply

At 10/30/06 08:29 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote:
I'm not saying I'm counting you out, we'll see about that. Rucklo and LJ got the final word here and if they think it's not good for the contest, then you're out. It's not a lollzorz contest. If you haven't heard right, this is a contest on the spotlight, so a bit more serious attempt on it plz.

I'm saying it's not a track that is not quite focused on this contest. It's an english ballad / folksong in his original. You're right with the "what child is this?",thats indeed an english song for christmas. Apart from that, making a cover won't give you teh big scores and it isn't the burner. I think you would drive better with making an original song.

This was a serious attempt; I spent a lot of effort on this. I knew I probably wasn't going to win, so I decided to do a cover, as there didn't seem to be many cover entries, and as a cover I decided to do my favorite Christmas-related melody; I don't see what's wrong with that. If you do a search on google for "Greensleeves Christmas" I'm sure you'll find that many other people consider it a Christmas tune as well.

BBS Signature
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 09:16 AM Reply

I already said you were kinda right with that. But originaly it's not a christmas song. Fact is fact. It doesn't make any difference to me if it's on the list or not, I also pointed out that Rucklo and LJCoffee will judge over that and if they say it's ok, then it's ok.

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 09:18 AM Reply

This is a christmas contest, and we will have to accept the fact thatwhat is concidered "christmasish" is very subjective.

However, if the only christmas-thing that can be found is the name, then I really advice against submitting to this contest.

I listened to the song in question here. and I´m gonna have to say I personally didn´t find it "christmasish" at all, it more felt like a song from a sad version of C64´s"Internatinal Karate +" or something...

However, you say it´s something you strongly belive and feel is christmas (and maybe others with you, like you say) you´re definitely in.
However, do know that judges may have another opinion when judging, from their personal experience and liking. AFter all, this IS a contest ^^

DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 09:37 AM Reply

Oh and @ MaestroRage

Your song is a CONTESTANT now, as wished.

BBS Signature
Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 10:49 AM Reply

I GOT ONE!!!! OMG!~!!@!

Mamberiences

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to MAC6 - October Oct. 30th, 2006 @ 11:17 AM Reply

At 10/30/06 09:37 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote: Oh and @ MaestroRage

Your song is a CONTESTANT now, as wished, and I bow to your awesome fury. Also I give you 0.75 from my song's score to yours.