00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question RE: Gulf war no.1!

862 Views | 10 Replies

Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-18 18:53:15

Me and a friend were just wondering..
What, if any, good came out of the first gulf war, besides some of that great cruise missile footage of buildings exploding?

Saddam: still in power
Diplomatic relations with middle east: up shit creek
Iraqi people: suffering even more than before!

Please!! If anyone can tell us what the world gained from that conflict, we'd love to know.

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-18 18:57:58

Coalition forces drove Iraq from Kuwait, and Kuwait is now an ally of the United States, and a crucial stragecic point in the new invasion.

The only reason forces didn't pursue Saddam into Iraq is because the UN would not allow it.

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-18 19:02:11

At 3/18/03 06:53 PM, My-anus-is-BLEEDING wrote: Me and a friend were just wondering..
What, if any, good came out of the first gulf war, besides some of that great cruise missile footage of buildings exploding?

Saddam: still in power
Diplomatic relations with middle east: up shit creek
Iraqi people: suffering even more than before!

Please!! If anyone can tell us what the world gained from that conflict, we'd love to know.

We depleted Saddam's weapondry quite a bit, though he still wouldn't provide bio/chem stuff from day one. Plus it made their military morale shit, which is why Iraqi soldiers are already surrendering now, even before the first shot is fired.

Question RE: Gulf war no.1!

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-18 19:06:49

Ahh.. okay. and all that depleted uranium poisoning the land and people of Iraq (honestly I'm asking, I'm not entirely clear on all this) was that from their weapons, or the 'Allies'?

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-18 19:14:23

The coalition used no atmoic weapons, so any radioactive elements were in-house in Iraq.

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-18 19:26:33

I read that The U.S. used alot of uranium depleted shells, so many infact that children and animals in the major areas of conflict were born with deformities.

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-18 19:31:26

Yeah, there's lots of anti-usa propaganda.

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-18 19:32:58

a lesson that if a country's army does not march through the capital city of its enemy nation, the war was not won by the victor. Kosovo was won after the US marched through its capital(unfortunately Russia marched first though it did little of the work). But after this invasion red white and blue are going through Baghdad.

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-19 00:18:05

At 3/18/03 07:14 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote: The coalition used no atmoic weapons, so any radioactive elements were in-house in Iraq.

the shells that were fired from the US tanks were made of depleted uranium...

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-19 00:47:03

At 3/18/03 10:51 PM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote:
At 3/18/03 07:32 PM, NJDeadzone wrote:
Well, I'm glad to see that someone clings to delusional, Nazi-era methods of declaring victory. Would it be better if it were behind the smoldering ashes of Baghdad with wounded children all around.

the losing proletariat is not supposed to enjoy defeat of the government it never tried to revolt against. and i'm sure the Kurds will be jumping for joy now that we've probably unleashed a greater evil on the world. War is costly. But this war was never finished.

Response to Question RE: Gulf war no.1! 2003-03-19 01:37:42

At 3/18/03 10:51 PM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote:
Well, I'm glad to see that someone clings to delusional, Nazi-era methods of declaring victory. Would it be better if it were behind the smoldering ashes of Baghdad with wounded children all around.

Who said anything about Nazis or destroying Baghdad?

Victory is not about a literal capital, though. It means removing your enemy from any position (geographic, political, etc.) in which he could threaten you.