New Topic Respond to this Topic
AngryBombshell
AngryBombshell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 6/7/12 02:49 AM, The-Great-One wrote: I brought you guys up in a recent interview. I think you'll like what has been said.

I'm quoting it right here:

Q: When we spoke with different members of The Graffiti Crew here on Newgrounds, I asked them why they use the world as their easel. Would you say there is a difference between graffiti art and more of what can be called traditional art, or is graffiti just another form? Whatever your answer could you please tell us why?

A:
Flowers10: I think graffiti is just another art form, but is a whole different experience than all other forms.I used to do graffiti some years ago, but i stopped because i like to sleep at night, and if my mom ever found out i would be fucked since she's a police detective. It was fun though seeing your name every day when biking to school, and thats what graffiti is about in my opinion: seeing and being seen. Once you start writing graffiti you will notice graffiti allot more, and you will start to remember the tags. I began to notice the big names and looked up to these figures, they motivated me to write more.
Lucky: I love graffiti art, I have great respect for the artists who practise it, I don't know how they can do it knowing that some old people can come by, call it a travesty and replace the drawing you spend 4 weeks on with a white wall. They take such risks and extremes with their art and get little respect outside the art world, i truly admire their passion for it. When I was younger I used to do graffiti art, but every time i did something that took more than a week i'd come back and it'd be covered with tags. I don't think I'm EXTREME enough to call myself a graffiti artist, but it in no way is less hard or lesser than traditional art. It in fact is harder than most art, because not only do you have to make it look good, but you have to make it look good while on top of a building at night looking out for police to not arrest you for vandalizing... Beat that DaVinchi!
Morthagg: Ah. Well, for anyone who read my art-ramblings, I think graffiti can play an important role in the Big Art because it does (wilfully or not) show the state of mind of a certain generation, and that combined with the nature of graffiti being quite independent and anti-authority makes for a pretty interesting medium that can have a large influence. The fact that it's really close to the public and seldom pretentious only adds to that. In that sense I think it is different from more traditional art, although the painting of walls can be done in a very traditional way, too. Depends on what's being made, I guess.
Luwano: Actually, I think graffiti is a form of traditional art even though it's a relatively young form of art. It's a lot more traditional than digital art for sure. You don't have the possibility of unlimited "undo" with traditional mediums and especially with graffiti, you can not save your progress and continue with it later. You have to know your medium and use it the right way to get the desired result. That's something I profoundly respect.
ZaneZansorrow: There a Graffiti Crew in NG? Cool, I say graffiti and tradititional art feels about the same, I just wonder if the graffiti that is being done is legal. lol.

Frel
Frel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 06:13 AM Reply

can i join ive been solo and i want to join a crew that's one my old name there

Graffiti Crew

subconcussive
subconcussive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Graffiti Crew Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 06:05 PM Reply

Hey, if I could ask a favor, could one of you mock up a 3 pics, one that says "TKR," and another that says "The Kodiak Republic" and one that says "Yeeclack"

Sate
Sate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew Oct. 27th, 2012 @ 04:20 PM Reply

Here's a phone pic of something a way back.

Enjoy

Graffiti Crew

Graffiti Crew Stay Gold, Alchemy.

BBS Signature
Sate
Sate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 11:40 PM Reply

Another.
I actually completed this one, so what you see now is before further progress.
This would've been a neat paste, but I got time to think about it.

Graffiti Crew

Graffiti Crew Stay Gold, Alchemy.

BBS Signature
therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Graffiti Crew Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 06:58 AM Reply

the graffiti scene in spain is thriving some artists for you guys to check out "alone", GAS, GER, OTES and LAHE. Also theres an artist from belfast called jok face who just set up his own clothes company and if anyone is interested in some sweet graff gear check it out jokface.com

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 01:06 AM Reply

Hey guy's
What the fuck happend to this crew?!
I wanna be a part of this
I'm a graffiti/street artist hybrid, I do stencils, pieces, throw ups. All kinds of good-looking vandalism.

El-Mistro
El-Mistro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew Aug. 25th, 2013 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 2/18/08 10:01 PM, El-Mistro wrote: well....

by the looks of everyones pics

I know im in this crew now

i write Entake-one

I lied. This isn't my work. but the guy who did it is a fucking hero status artist

:o

BBS Signature