00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,882,046 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 16:38:43

At 5/21/08 04:27 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I am thinking about getting a Vespa or other small bike just to ride to the office. My commute is 7 miles a day and driving a car around seems excessive. The whole getting a separate license thing seems like a lot of hassle though.

Meh. Over here you can drive most scooters after a day of training on a learner license.
I refuse to ride them. Wheels the size of footballs don't sound like fun for braking.

Incidentally, this be the bike I want.

Honda CMX250. Obviously, in black. A few hundred pages back there'd be the design I want on the back of my leathers if anyone can find it.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 16:47:59

At 5/21/08 04:31 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: Driving

I honestly love driving. I don't care where or when, whether it be in the middle of the country where a straight open road materializes before you and you can put the hammer down, to a nice silent drive through town, it's awesome for me.

I love being able to drive, but I'm not a big fan of driving. Sure, it's nice to not have to rely on busses and parents and friends to drive you around places (I can't rely on friends cause all of my friends are on the other side of town, and it's a big town land wise).

But there's a lot of stress driving. I'm still relatively new at it (been driving for almost 2 years), so I mess up a bit. I hate switching lanes downtown and not knowing if when I have a green light I can safely make a left hand turn (sometimes it's only my green light but sometimes the other side gets one too, almost got me another accident yesterday), etc. Plus I crashed my car around christmastime, and even though it wasn't serious (didn't get injured but did $4000 of damage to it) it's still a scary experience.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 16:54:38

At 5/21/08 04:47 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: But there's a lot of stress driving. I'm still relatively new at it (been driving for almost 2 years), so I mess up a bit. I hate switching lanes downtown and not knowing if when I have a green light I can safely make a left hand turn (sometimes it's only my green light but sometimes the other side gets one too, almost got me another accident yesterday)

Don't know if it's the same in the 'States, but surely you can just move into the junction and wait until you've got a space?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 17:00:52

At 5/21/08 04:47 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
But there's a lot of stress driving. I'm still relatively new at it (been driving for almost 2 years), so I mess up a bit. I hate switching lanes downtown and not knowing if when I have a green light I can safely make a left hand turn (sometimes it's only my green light but sometimes the other side gets one too, almost got me another accident yesterday), etc.

Yeah, if you are talking about what I think you are just pull out and wait for an opening.

If its like a single-green (no two-side left arrow thing), you can pull out, but the other cars have the right of way. Same if it is that double-thing and you have no green arrow. If you have an arrow, you can go without worrying.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 17:38:12

Champians League Final

Well Played Man United!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 18:05:00

Driving
Huh. I've never driven a car, and I can't say I'm too thrilled to start :/ Kinda funny in a way. People in my school are ever so excited on their sixteenth birthday because they will get their licenses and such. Then I go and say I don't even haev a permit nor do I really want to get one (Or a license for that matter). Then they look at me like I'm stupid or something which is kinda funny, kinda annoying :p. This also reminds me of my school and the people at my school.

Your Class/Grade
I pretty much hate my grade (obviously with the exception of my friends). They're all so spoiled it's not even funny. This one kid in one of my classes just brags about how he gets out of school any day he wants because he asks his parents. Things like that are ever so common, and the ever special 16th birthday where little Johny gets the whole day off to do whatever he wants, and parents will pay for anything. And with that comes the whining because so and so did that or they got a "bad grade" on a test or other petty reasons.. people like this annoy me to tears and I get to deal with them everyday :( Then again I'm probably over exaggerating this, but eh. There really aren't that many people in my grade that are "normal"... I bet I sound rather self-centered now <__<

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 18:07:39

At 5/21/08 05:38 PM, adman1993 wrote: Champians League Final

Well Played Man United!

We got to watch that game in school =)

Sadly I had to go to band at about 70', and instead of watching that in band, we had to watch something about jews (Jumangji or something) :D

Biking

Well, I don't really ride my bike to get places, I ride it for shits and giggles. Last summer me and my friend went tubing and biking almost every day. Its just like the freedom you have, being alone in town, no parents, and you can do whatever (even though thats not what you guys are talking about.) Anyway, I love biking

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 18:32:26

At 5/21/08 06:05 PM, Wurmy1029 wrote:
Your Class/Grade

That's nothing. My school is full of nerds. You will CONSTANTLY see people saying "OMFG I DID SO BAD ON THAT TEST IM GONNA FAIL" and it's extremely frustrating when A FAIL is not and actual fail, and like an 80. They also waste like no time and do hwk all the time. I swear...its like there is no such thing as hobbies anymore.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 18:43:57

Driving

I liked it until I realized i was spending all my money on gas just to get to and from school each day plus some other places around here. I'm pretty much broke now and I hate asking my parents for money, i feel really bad. I plan on either getting a job for the summer or doing websites... or does anyone want to make a game with me? haha... seriously.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to never having to drive when I go to college in the city this Fall. Maybe I'll invest in a new longboard or something.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 18:46:16

Actual Flash Question

Ehh how do you change lines to fills...I used to know but I forgot because I never use it :'(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 18:50:37

At 5/21/08 06:46 PM, NG-Unit wrote: Actual Flash Question

Ehh how do you change lines to fills...I used to know but I forgot because I never use it :'(

See Picture.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 19:14:29

At 5/21/08 06:50 PM, Wurmy1029 wrote:

See Picture.

Thanks

I feel noobeh

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-21 19:40:54

At 5/21/08 07:14 PM, NG-Unit wrote:
At 5/21/08 06:50 PM, Wurmy1029 wrote:

See Picture.
Thanks

I feel noobeh

You should. Shame on you.

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 00:03:11

Dang it! I need a programmer. I refuse to even open one of my games till I get a programmer that actually knows and understands what he/she is doin'. Cause all these dang numbers and things are too dang annoyin'!
I wish I was just someones bitch who just had to make sprites all day. Then I could spend all day just happily animating in my room instead of killing my mind. ^^
Ain't their a site where ya'll you programmers sell yourselfves? :P

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 00:07:12

At 5/22/08 12:03 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Ain't their a site where ya'll you programmers sell yourselfves? :P

Asking politely is a start. I'm sure theres many actionscripters willing to be your bitch(No offense to actionscripters :P)

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 00:15:39

At 5/22/08 12:07 AM, Masterswordman wrote:

Asking politely is a start. I'm sure theres many actionscripters willing to be your bitch(No offense to actionscripters :P)

The Actionscripters have to deal with more crap then most artist do I think. :P
I think that's what I'll end up doing though I won't ask until I have the project FULLY planned and thought out along with a fair chunk of the art + animation finished. I like the idea of giving the coder a good look at what they're working with and if ya ever talked to any of the other guys at Duder E. you'd find that I tend to push poeple to be creative and do what they want. So I most likely can and plan to tell the coder striaght out - "If ya got a cool idea ya wanna screw 'round with do it. Make a giant cock rain down from the sky and spray acid at the player for all I care just tell me what ya need me to draw/animate."

Ahhh!!! I'm in rambling mode! I leave now! My heads been screwed in a bad way all day. :S

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 03:30:21

Flash Player 10 Documentation API
is public now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 05:22:26

At 5/21/08 06:43 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: Driving

I liked it until I realized i was spending all my money on gas just to get to and from school each day plus some other places around here. I'm pretty much broke now and I hate asking my parents for money, i feel really bad. I plan on either getting a job for the summer or doing websites... or does anyone want to make a game with me? haha... seriously.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to never having to drive when I go to college in the city this Fall. Maybe I'll invest in a new longboard or something.

I'm in the same position as you, petrol is £1.12? at the moment or something and i'm pretty much out of money. I drive to college 2 days a week and drive to the bus stop every day, it's a 40 minute drive there and back.
I do enjoy driving, but only in the countryside. Nice scenery.
I passed my test first time after 15 lessons so i wasn't very experienced at first... this was like 3/4 months ago, and cause i was like the only one in the year who has passed lots of friends tried to get lifts of me which i was happy to do at first, but now i cba and cant afford.
I almost an over a dog! Just about swerved out of the way. Stupid animals.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 05:38:49

At 5/22/08 03:30 AM, GuyWithHisComp wrote: Flash Player 10 Documentation API
is public now.

Ooh. Vector classes...

I stalled at a Give Way sign twice and stopped at a Pelican Crossing instead of the Roundabout
Lets try that again in two weeks...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 06:48:00

At 5/21/08 04:27 PM, jmtb02 wrote:
I am thinking about getting a Vespa or other small bike just to ride to the office. My commute is 7 miles a day and driving a car around seems excessive. The whole getting a separate license thing seems like a lot of hassle though.

I would've thought you'd cycle that distance.

I take it you're not a city cyclist then?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 12:44:43

My Birthday

Not sure if any of you care, I don't post much in the Reg Lounge, anyway it's my birthday. :)

They used to call me souled...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 13:07:08

At 5/22/08 12:44 PM, souled wrote: My Birthday

Not sure if any of you care, I don't post much in the Reg Lounge, anyway it's my birthday. :)

Happy birthday, sir.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 13:41:47

At 5/22/08 01:07 PM, UnknownFury wrote: Happy birthday, sir.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. ^^

They used to call me souled...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 13:51:41

At 5/22/08 12:44 PM, souled wrote: My Birthday

Happy Birthday!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 14:21:17

At 5/22/08 01:51 PM, Xeptic wrote: Happy Birthday!

Imma gonna sai it too! ^_^ Happy Birfday :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 15:58:48

At 5/21/08 05:34 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
Seriously.
Did it take you guys ages to pass - was there a point where everything you'd learnt just came together, or what?

I took one road test and passed it. I think playing racing games all my life helped me though, I don't know. I guess I'm just a natural born driver because it took me less than a week of driving to learn the ins and outs, and get better than A LOT of the drivers out there :P.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 16:09:00

At 5/22/08 03:58 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote:
At 5/21/08 05:34 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
Seriously.
Did it take you guys ages to pass - was there a point where everything you'd learnt just came together, or what?
I took one road test and passed it. I think playing racing games all my life helped me though, I don't know. I guess I'm just a natural born driver because it took me less than a week of driving to learn the ins and outs, and get better than A LOT of the drivers out there :P.

It always intrigued me how different the drivers tests are in different countries. Here (in Holland) you first take a few theory lessons, probably about 4, then you take a theory exam, all of this combined will probably cost you 300 euros (12,376 dollars at current exchange rate).
After that you take the real, road lessons, about 20 to 30 of them for most people (I believe I had 26). Anyway, those cost about 60 euros a lessons, after that you take an exam which costs around 100 euros. So all of the lessons combined that totals in at around 2,000 euros (or 3,100 dollars) which is a criminally high amount of money. How much does it cost in, say, the UK or the US?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 16:12:20

At 5/22/08 04:09 PM, Xeptic wrote: It always intrigued me how different the drivers tests are in different countries. Here (in Holland) you first take a few theory lessons, probably about 4, then you take a theory exam, all of this combined will probably cost you 300 euros (12,376 dollars at current exchange rate).

$12376? I think you made a mistake there :P More like $471.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 16:16:13

At 5/22/08 04:12 PM, UnknownFury wrote: $12376? I think you made a mistake there :P More like $471.

't was a failed attempt at economics humor.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-22 16:22:29

At 5/22/08 04:09 PM, Xeptic wrote: How much does it cost in, say, the UK or the US?

Thinking about it...
£200 CBT
£450 DAS Training and Test
£225 Training and Test
£100 Training

£975 I've spent on biking training. Throw in gear and it's closer to £1200. About 1500E

BBS Signature