00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,881,084 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 04:07:25

Soccer Tournament

Fascinating story there, NG-Unit. I'm sure we're going to have a ripping discussion about it now ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 05:31:43

At 5/18/08 02:39 AM, dELtaluca wrote: reg

I still have my 3 tier (Or was it 4 tier? I can't remember) of regs, the regs that are 'new', the regs that are 'well known' ... yeh its 4, the reg's that ive known for a while and who still post, and all those that were 'reg's and i still consider 'reg's even if they havn't posted in years.

Don't forget that legendery tier of regs you hear about in stories of old :P Regs who the now ancient regs still talk about...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 11:45:25

At 5/18/08 06:43 AM, yhar wrote:
At 5/18/08 05:31 AM, Paranoia wrote: Don't forget that legendery tier of regs you hear about in stories of old :P Regs who the now ancient regs still talk about...
I wonder, was TomFulp ever a reg?

Yeah

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 14:08:40

Ironman

i just saw it yesterday. i thought it was pretty good, the ending was a bit awkward though. It woulda been more awkward if he said "i am ironman" just like Ozzy. XD

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 15:21:22

At 5/18/08 02:08 PM, Blackfang wrote: Ironman

i just saw it yesterday. i thought it was pretty good, the ending was a bit awkward though. It woulda been more awkward if he said "i am ironman" just like Ozzy. XD

I think telling everyone he was ironman ruined it.. im sure he doesnt do that in the comics.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 15:38:34

At 5/18/08 03:21 PM, adman1993 wrote:
At 5/18/08 02:08 PM, Blackfang wrote: Ironman

I think telling everyone he was ironman ruined it.. im sure he doesnt do that in the comics.

I thought that part was pretty strange too. There are going to be another two movies though, so I'm pretty sure they had a good reason for doing that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 15:49:16

Ironman

They have that guy from shield too. I don't know if that was important but it might be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 15:51:55

At 5/18/08 03:49 PM, MrMacro wrote: They have that guy from shield too. I don't know if that was important but it might be.

CLICK to understand

in last section under 'Film'

The first reference to the Avengers is in the 2008 film Iron Man, when Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson) appears in a post credits scene and speaks with Tony Stark about the "Avenger Initiative."

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 16:02:50

Yer if you watched past the credits Samuel L Jackson is Nick Fury :P the leader of shield so he will defenatly be in the next one.. and also the black dude, like tonys best mate, is going to be steel man or whatever cos theres three suits/ironman type people in the end isnt there?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 16:15:15

At 5/18/08 04:02 PM, adman1993 wrote: Yer if you watched past the credits

As soon as the credits started I was out of the theatre.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 16:25:01

At 5/18/08 04:15 PM, MrMacro wrote:
As soon as the credits started I was out of the theatre.

I never understood why poeple do that. With all those poeple putting in so much work into a film, ya think the least ya can do is watch their names scroll up a screen. Plus reading the credits can be fun. A weird name can cause a good laugh.

Best Submitin' Time

What do ya think is the best time to submit somethin' to the portal? Begining of the day, the middle, or the end?

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 16:29:53

At 5/18/08 04:25 PM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Best Submitin' Time

What do ya think is the best time to submit somethin' to the portal? Begining of the day, the middle, or the end?

Another recurring topic. Well might not of been in reg lounge - can't remember. I really can't remember the timing but check the timezones. I think it'll be morning where you are so it'll be evening here and you get a large thing from both. Also on friday/saturday.

I'm guessing :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 16:32:18

At 5/18/08 04:25 PM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: I never understood why poeple do that. With all those poeple putting in so much work into a film, ya think the least ya can do is watch their names scroll up a screen. Plus reading the credits can be fun. A weird name can cause a good laugh.

Meh, I don't really see the point of staring at loads of names that say you nothing, and which you've completely forgotten about two seconds later. Also, often you've already seen a good portion of the names as they are shown at the beginning of the film.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 16:37:03

At 5/18/08 03:51 PM, dELtaluca wrote:
At 5/18/08 03:49 PM, MrMacro wrote: They have that guy from shield too. I don't know if that was important but it might be.
CLICK to understand

I know all that shield stuff but it didn't come up in the movie a lot and it just seemed like a little tid-bit of info. I suppose there will be a bigger role for shield in the sequel.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 19:09:06

At 5/18/08 04:32 PM, DreamworX wrote:
At 5/18/08 04:25 PM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: I never understood why poeple do that. With all those poeple putting in so much work into a film, ya think the least ya can do is watch their names scroll up a screen. Plus reading the credits can be fun. A weird name can cause a good laugh.
Meh, I don't really see the point of staring at loads of names that say you nothing, and which you've completely forgotten about two seconds later. Also, often you've already seen a good portion of the names as they are shown at the beginning of the film.

hmmm good point. I'm now eager to think of a way to make a credits screen that people actually notice, perhaps an amazing animation that over emphasizes my name, yet still looks awesome. I'll have to agree with you though, the only way I remember a name in a flash is through them establishing a reputation, even one amazing flash won't allow me to remember the author unless they make more.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 20:12:46

Credits
I watch the credits because it's always surprising. Whether it's a guest appearance by someone completely random that I missed or a voice-over from a well-known actor that I didn't catch... it's always exciting.

Or when I played Mass Effect the credits screen had Xgen Studios... I would have been frowntown if I missed that!

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 20:29:03

Yeah i stayed and watched after the credits too. it proves theres gunna be the "avengers". i always stay after the credits.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 23:55:54

Credits

I only watch the credits if theres some sort of animation or gimmick during or after the credits. Which reminds me of one point I want to make: I think people should always work on making the credits or a movie interesting, like an animation or an "outtakes" reel or something. People are less likely to read them if its scrolling white text on black.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-18 23:58:17

Black hole sun... won'tcha come... and wash away the rain...
Black hole sun... won'tcha come...
Black hole sun... won'tcha come... and wash away the rain...
Black hole sun... won'tcha come... won'tcha come...

I got my PS3 fixed today. Darryl's been playing Black Hole Sun on expert over and over for the last 8 hours... : )

Twitch... twich...

...wash away the rain...
...won'tcha come.... wontcha coooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmeeeee.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 00:13:32

At 5/18/08 11:55 PM, Masterswordman wrote: Credits

I only watch the credits if theres some sort of animation or gimmick during or after the credits. Which reminds me of one point I want to make: I think people should always work on making the credits or a movie interesting, like an animation or an "outtakes" reel or something. People are less likely to read them if its scrolling white text on black.

True. Jackie Chan's films do that; it's a very good reason to stick in the theatre after the movie. Though, I must raise a point -- do people actually bother reading the actual credits flowing up the screen when stuff like blooper reels appear?

I sure don't. XD

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 00:40:52

Plug

:3

...I <3 you guys. ^^

^^;;;;

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 02:53:36

oh i read about what was gonna happen with the avengers..

Apparently, there gonna make another 2 iron man films, a captain america film, another hulk film (these have all been confirmed) and a Mighty Thor one..

So i dunno whether all the iron man ones will be made in time but once they got one film of each there gonna make an avengers film including all the avengers ;) But this may be only a rumour although i think i got it from a rotten tomatoes newspost :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 04:04:08

FF game collab

Well I was suposed to get more progress than i did but i spent most of the day sleeping... thus im still awake now at 4am.. anyway i didnt forget about it, if you were following this thread at all. I had an idea to get a collaborative space shooter going. Why space shooter, cause the enemy sprites and sprites in general are fairly painless to make and they dont have a steep learning curve. and i just thought it would be cool to make something out of it. Anyway the idea is ill make a thread when i have enough assets to get it started. heres a screen. I figure if i can do the boring work ie the level terrains and everyone else can pitch in on the sprites we could relatively quickly have an elaborate raidenx on steriods type of game built out in no time.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 04:07:42

Omg, I WANT to code that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 04:20:52

At 5/19/08 04:04 AM, Luis wrote: ... we could relatively quickly have an elaborate raidenx on steriods type of game built out in no time.

Oh hell... MOOSE. Get your act together. We have competition.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 06:27:03

At 5/19/08 04:20 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: Oh hell... MOOSE. Get your act together. We have competition.

You're telling someone else to get their act together and do some work?

POT KETTLE BLACK MUCH?

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 10:18:38

At 5/19/08 04:04 AM, Luis wrote: FF game collab

I'm sure the scripters here wouldn't mind pitching in for a library of easy-to-implement particle effects, either. What AS are you using?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 10:38:19

I'm doing the code I think?

I was thinking to make a different game as a collab (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/2 59936) (the author is okay I make a sequel). I have some code written which is really clean so far. I can make an SVN repository for it. Anyone interesteeeeed?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 10:41:41

At 5/19/08 10:18 AM, Paranoia wrote:
At 5/19/08 04:04 AM, Luis wrote: FF game collab
I'm sure the scripters here wouldn't mind pitching in for a library of easy-to-implement particle effects, either. What AS are you using?

well actually i havent really discussed the actionscript nuts and bolts of it with anyone yet... mainly cause im not sure how to handle that aspect of it, my forte is in the art dept. I'm open to any/all ideas at this point. Moving this over to a new thread to brainstorm.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-05-19 11:39:29

Exam Worries

I had my first proper exam today, Maths. And now I'm really worrying myself thinking I did badly as for some of them I got confused/didn't know how to do. But I kinda think I did okay, as I know I got alot right but I'm really not sure D:

Gotta move onto English Lit and ICT now. Fun, fun, fun.