New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 17:40:44 Reply

At 3/15/08 04:37 PM, UnknownFury wrote: Project Ideas?

I currently have nothing to do :(
I have been revising quite abit, for the first time ever, for exams and stuff but other than that.. nothing. So basically I want to try something in flash. Something that will really push me but will be enjoyable at the same time. Any of you awesome ASers, i.e. Glaiel, Delta etc, got an idea of something I could work on? Or anyone else but those who can code themselves are more likely to give sensible suggestions :)

Bomberman clone with bots?

It seems to me it'd be tricky sorting out the path-finding and working out how to optimise the bombs in an ever-changing environment.

UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 17:41:42 Reply

At 3/15/08 05:36 PM, NextToNothing wrote: Sonic Fast Food Chain

Haven't heard of it, I'm english. But it can't really be worse that McDonalds.. can it?

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 17:45:51 Reply

Sonic
The food is okay. Not worth the trip... but the limeades and similar drinks are definitely delicious. I wouldn't travel more than 10 minutes out of my way to stop.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 17:47:11 Reply

"iIkK}]+=,<"

At 3/15/08 04:28 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: copy the letters to your clipboard then do cmd-v to past them
kikikikikikikikikikikikikiki

[On another Komputer so all the Keys worK!]
Well, I was going to do that, but the only problem is that it's a large enough set of keys that it's going to make me want to kill myself. It's "i, k, }, ], =, +, comma, <" so the only reason I NEED that computer is to do actionscript, and brackets, equals, and plus are all REALLY important, so it's annoying. Also, same computer with the screen problem so it's even more annoying that I won't be able to move the screen when I use it. I'm wondering if I should connect an outside keyboard. Does anyone know a bit about that and could help me with it? For now, I'm trying to DL the Flash CS3 Trial on my other computer [even though I already used it up], and still haven't had any problems with it. Wish me luck.

I have the worst computer luck EVER!

Spam
Anyone else see that guy this morning...GamerFreak or whatever, I gave him a good talking to with PMs :P. Talk about SPAM! He thought he needed to post to gain experience. He had six total posts with a total of eleven words combined.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 18:00:44 Reply

At 3/15/08 05:47 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Spam
Anyone else see that guy this morning...GamerFreak or whatever, I gave him a good talking to with PMs :P. Talk about SPAM! He thought he needed to post to gain experience. He had six total posts with a total of eleven words combined.

I think I saw one of his posts. I was going to PM him also but I couldn't be bothered and it isn't the first time someone has posted a bunch of one word answers. I just wish the newbs were clever enough to read the rules before posting. Its clear enough.

El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 18:24:08 Reply

Dell is STILL a dick :)
Just thought I'd say this again. Also, I'm now pissed at ADOBE because I download CS3 thinking I haven't used the trial, get to the finished download page, open up the program ready for my awesomeness...and to my sight, the trial has expired. Could they not say that before you download it, damnit. I'm angry right now, so if my next few posts and previous few posts sound like I'm screaming, that's because I am. Actually, I'm fairly close to smashing my computer against a wall, as I scream, "Fuck Noobs!" By the way, wish me luck on my keyboard attachment.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 19:19:59 Reply

i saw the word bomberman yeyy,a i had that game on like the... ehm i think it awa the dreamcast maynbe? where it was like i think it waa 3d might have just been.. that dimaon shaped thing but it was like a proper bomberman game and there was one level that was proper futuristic and another on like an ilsland. or hshutup

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 20:02:30 Reply

Sonics

Its okay... id only go for the frozen gatorade things... the burgers arent anything memorable.
I miss in-and-out burger... thats the only reason id move to the west coast. Carls Jr also is good despite its 235235 calorie burgers.

None

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 20:17:48 Reply

Sonics and other things that people hear of but can't get to

I too get all those damn commercials (which are like episodes of Seinfeld, only shorter and even more the same each time). I'll stick to Sheetz, which all of you hopefully have experienced or will someday. Also, anyone here have a Cici's nearby? Probably the most incredible thing in the history of ever. I won last night. 19 slices. What's you guys' record/Have you got one nearby?

Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 20:25:29 Reply

At 3/15/08 08:02 PM, Luis wrote: Its okay... id only go for the frozen gatorade things... the burgers arent anything memorable.
I miss in-and-out burger... thats the only reason id move to the west coast. Carls Jr also is good despite its 235235 calorie burgers.

In-n-out is so fucking good. Every time I go back to California and we take the highway down to my cousins house we pass a pit stop with an in-n-out right next to a Krispie Kreme. Oh man, two burgers and a half dozen fresh krispie kreme donuts is probably the best meal you can have.

Have any of you all been to a Five Guys? They have them here in Philadelphia and I've heard they are others places too, but so far those are the best burgers on the East I've come across.

BBS Signature
HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-15 20:29:18 Reply

5 Guys

Yeah, there's one in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, I'm veggie, so I no longer appreciate burgers. But their fries are amazing. And the free peanuts are totally bomb.

Radioactive24
Radioactive24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 09:27:20 Reply

Hallo auf Deutschland!

Yep, it's officially my second day in Die Mutterland and I love it. It's like New York, except less dirty, less assholes, and everything is cool. I'm in Münich for now, btw. We're gonna go to Berlin tomorrow.

I will say, however, that there are three things I am disappointed in.

1. There isn't any cool clothes that I can't buy in the US.
2. These keyboards are fucking hard to type on.
3. German girls can hold their liquor better than I can. And we were drinking Jägermeister. What. The. Fuck. >:c I guess I'll actually have to go to a club to bang a German chick, but it's still totally on my list of things to do.

Also, I am so pleased at how environmentally concious they are here. They don't even have many plastic bottles; all the Pepsi and Coke are in glass, which means they taste better (because you can put in more carbonation :3)

But, I'm still enjoying it. I got plastered at the Hofbrauhaus last night. Even from a non-drinker's perspective, it was awesome. A liter of beer is very hard to drink when you are not used to it, though. Plus, the waitresses wear tradtional clothes :3

Sonics and Five Guys

We have a few Five Guys around where I live, but they're mostly in Delaware and one in Central Pennsylvania. As far as Sonics go, the only one I've seen is about 20-30 minutes away.

But, I don't see many commercials for those places. I get a lot of Cece's Pizza places. And you know where the closest one to me is? Fucking Virginia.

No matter how fucking badly I want some pizza with Mac & Cheese on it, I am not driving 4 hours for it. Why the fuck they play it near Philly, I'll never know, but I am mystified and intregued.

Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 11:07:50 Reply

Ah the Haufbrauhaus...I remember going there. That place is so fun and cheery. The last time i was in Germany I think Munich was my favorite city. I would have liked to stay in Berlin longer, but I was only there a day or so so I didn't really get a good feel for it to much. I remember they had a sweet street fair thing that sold a bunch of old military jackets and hats. Those were slick.

Enjoy the rest of your trip, man.

BBS Signature
Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 11:28:27 Reply

Radiohead - Creep

One of my favorite animated movies is finally online on Newgrounds! If you haven't seen it before, check it out. It's beautiful.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 11:33:17 Reply

why did he release it 10 years later on newgrounds?

None

Jimp
Jimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 11:58:55 Reply

At 3/16/08 11:28 AM, Senti wrote: Radiohead - Creep

One of my favorite animated movies is finally online on Newgrounds! If you haven't seen it before, check it out. It's beautiful.

yeah I saw that ages ago, its fantastic.

Also, My first front page today :)

BBS Signature
AloneInTheDark
AloneInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 12:07:06 Reply

At 3/16/08 11:28 AM, Senti wrote: Radiohead - Creep

great video of one of their worst songs....

BBS Signature
FlukeDude
FlukeDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 12:15:21 Reply

Radiohead - Creep

I remember seeing that ages ago. It's really nice, but it does sort of look like a lot of masks. Also check out the video on his website and press Ctrl+A. :O

They used to call me souled...

Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 12:54:45 Reply

At 3/16/08 12:15 PM, souled wrote: Radiohead - Creep

I remember seeing that ages ago. It's really nice, but it does sort of look like a lot of masks. Also check out the video on his website and press Ctrl+A. :O

Silly search engine keywords :P

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 13:30:25 Reply

At 3/16/08 11:58 AM, J1mp wrote: Also, My first front page today :)

Congrats! I love Front Page, and would trade it any day for any portal award. Some may argue that portal awards last forever in your profile and are more commendable, but I still feel exposure is better than any 30px award.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 13:53:35 Reply

At 3/16/08 01:30 PM, jmtb02 wrote:
Congrats! I love Front Page, and would trade it any day for any portal award. Some may argue that portal awards last forever in your profile and are more commendable, but I still feel exposure is better than any 30px award.

It used to say on your profile with the awards, before the redesign, if you had got front page - did it not?

Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 13:53:41 Reply

At 3/16/08 01:30 PM, jmtb02 wrote:

I don't know - awards are great for building up a reputation :P I just need a Daily Feature on my next thing and I'll have completed my daily set :D

Also, does anyone know a code to actually delay the execution of something? Not just intervals - I want a delay mid-function. I'm messing around with fractals and I want to see it sketched out in real time.

I think seven stages of recursion is about the limit before my computer crashes - six to be on the safe side.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 14:06:11 Reply

FP
I don't think Front Page features made it into your profile... as the whole monthly awards never made it into profiles either.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 14:29:27 Reply

At 3/16/08 02:06 PM, jmtb02 wrote: FP
I don't think Front Page features made it into your profile... as the whole monthly awards never made it into profiles either.

Probably just me then. I thought they used to be at the bottom in a list before the user pages.

adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 14:49:21 Reply

They should have a "front page" award though.. would be good!

BBS Signature
Jimp
Jimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 14:54:42 Reply

At 3/16/08 01:30 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Congrats! I love Front Page, and would trade it any day for any portal award. Some may argue that portal awards last forever in your profile and are more commendable, but I still feel exposure is better than any 30px award.

Cheers man :)

Yeah I think getting front page is pretty important for a submissions success... I could have got daily 2nd but not front page and only had 2000 views... but since it was frontpage its shot up to 10k and going up fast.

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 14:59:35 Reply

j1mp
Oh while I am in the process of stroking your ego, youtube got all weird on your Mexican Hat Catch game. Never knew who made that game, but looking at your profile I thought this might make your day.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XHLaa4yHefo

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Jimp
Jimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 15:10:08 Reply

At 3/16/08 02:59 PM, jmtb02 wrote: j1mp
Oh while I am in the process of stroking your ego, youtube got all weird on your Mexican Hat Catch game. Never knew who made that game, but looking at your profile I thought this might make your day.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XHLaa4yHefo

What the fuck! hahah thats a bit random. I didnt think we even got sponsership from armour games!

Wierd... Anyway cheers for that man, ill let Depredation know!

BBS Signature
NextToNothing
NextToNothing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 16:02:08 Reply

Grats j1mp on FP =)

Also in-n-out would not be on the list of things I miss if I moved. I guese its something you just get used too... there's one that's about 10 minutes from where I live and its on the way to pretty much anywhere.
If anyone is in sanfran tho Mel's probably has the best milkshakes in the world.

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?
Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-16 17:52:25 Reply

At 3/16/08 02:59 PM, jmtb02 wrote: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XHLaa4yHefo

My ego just tripled :D. What a random video, they seemed to like our game though, so I'm not complaining :S. Thanks for the link john, I'd never have noticed it.

Congrats J1mp :).

BBS Signature