blanblan
blanblan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 11:59:55 Reply

At 9/29/06 11:57 AM, Whiplash21 wrote: I don't think it was an argument. ^_^

Moofing on: Do any animators out there use mostly the pen tool? Personally, I can't see it being anything but annoying, but I'd be interested to hear of any successful pieces where it has been used.

I never really understood how the pen tool could be useful to me. :P

So I mostly use the paint tool to draw, and the pencil tool to shade.

Inglor
Inglor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:01:24 Reply

At 9/29/06 09:42 AM, NegativeONE wrote: I'm interested to hear who said he'd do a shitty job.

noone said he'd do a shitty job, but a lot of people said he won't be around at all.

Haha, dude, if you were around here half as much as you used to be, you'd know that I'm recognized as the second-most-present Flash mod.

Yeah, by far, I'm still around, I just reply little, helping newbies lost its charm. I keep updated though.

fuzz
fuzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:04:07 Reply

At 9/29/06 11:28 AM, Paranoia wrote: Come on, chill out. This is supposed to be a lounge, not some sort of I'm Well Mature Because I Jump To Conclusions To Defend People With Extreme Prejudice At Any Opportunity thread.

i agree fully listen to wise words of panarama
Also in other news
Raul - the automatic
I love this song i cant stop playing it :)

DFox
DFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:07:48 Reply

At 9/29/06 12:04 PM, fuzz wrote:
At 9/29/06 11:28 AM, Paranoia wrote: Come on, chill out. This is supposed to be a lounge, not some sort of I'm Well Mature Because I Jump To Conclusions To Defend People With Extreme Prejudice At Any Opportunity thread.
i agree fully listen to wise words of panarama

Yeah, be sure to listen to his clean up work.

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:39:33 Reply

At 9/29/06 12:34 PM, T-H wrote: whadimiss?

Inglor went sick and started insulting Neg! Honestly, the guy was just sitting there, and Inglor came up and was like: "You startin' dickhead?", then he glassed him in the face and kicked him repeatedly when he was on the floor. Then he got a chair and just hit him and hit him and hit him and hit him and hit him. Inglor went totally psycho on that guy, man! If DFox wasn't there I don't know what would have happened!

BBS Signature
Mogly
Mogly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:52:16 Reply

Wow this thread has moved too fast :(

Hello there Inglor.

Today at college, I was talking to this kid Nick and he's said alot of times he wants to be a game designer. So I said 'Oh well you should get Flash', and he said, "Yeah, I would but you can only make crappy stuff on it", And I kept defending it, but he just wouldn't let down.

He also told me that he didn't have flash because he had some advanced game scripting program, RPG maker 2003 :D. Apparently it's so advanced, you have to draw your own graphics and everything.

WEBSITE
BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~
NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 12:58:38 Reply

At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: He also told me that he didn't have flash because he had some advanced game scripting program, RPG maker 2003 :D. Apparently it's so advanced, you have to draw your own graphics and everything.

There's no hope for any of us then :(

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:01:25 Reply

At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: RPG maker 2003

You should have told him to stop there. RPG maker is insanely ridiculous to use, and it gives only the basic funtionality to create an MS-Dos style RPG game.

But of course, thats just my opinion.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
orb
orb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:05:07 Reply

At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: He also told me that he didn't have flash because he had some advanced game scripting program, RPG maker 2003 :D. Apparently it's so advanced, you have to draw your own graphics and everything.

I would've kicked the kid in the balls. He'd've been incapacitated long enough for me to have time to go get a PS2 with Alien Hominid on it and ask him if Alien Hominid sucks.

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:06:06 Reply

At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: Today at college, I was talking to this kid Nick and he's said alot of times he wants to be a game designer...

Link him here:
London Game Career Fair (Tueday and Wednesday next week, Regent Street, London)

BBS Signature
DFox
DFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:06:57 Reply

At 9/29/06 01:05 PM, orb wrote:
I would've kicked the kid in the balls. He'd've been incapacitated long enough for me to have time to go get a PS2 with Alien Hominid on it and ask him if Alien Hominid sucks.

Well the PS2 version of AH wasn't made in Flash, but it's still a good example.

If he had said it to me, I would have drawn my gun, popped him in the head, took the cigar from my mouth, turn to the camera and say "You've been Flashed."

BBS Signature
Mogly
Mogly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:09:41 Reply

At 9/29/06 01:06 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 9/29/06 12:52 PM, Mogly wrote: Today at college, I was talking to this kid Nick and he's said alot of times he wants to be a game designer...
Link him here:
London Game Career Fair (Tueday and Wednesday next week, Regent Street, London)

Would've done, but he can't afford the internet, and also he's not likely to miss college, because then he won't gethis education allowance, and then he won't make money.

At 9/29/06 01:05 PM, orb wrote: I would've kicked the kid in the balls. He'd've been incapacitated long enough for me to have time to go get a PS2 with Alien Hominid on it and ask him if Alien Hominid sucks.

That also reminds me. In the morning I went on Armor games and played AH, and this other kid came in and sat with me. I showed him Alien hominid and was like "What the hell.. thats on PS2..?" at first, then after a bit he was like "This game is great! but the graphics are really bad"

That really made me laugh, I didn't really know what to say. I think i'll lend him it on PS2 and see what he says then :/

WEBSITE
BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~
NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:27:20 Reply

At 9/29/06 01:09 PM, Mogly wrote: Would've done, but he can't afford the internet, and also he's not likely to miss college, because then he won't gethis education allowance, and then he won't make money.

Shame. I want to see other people I know down there on those days.

Flash is a different feta of kitcsh when it comes to developing games. Compared to C++ it can't compete for instructions per second (heck, it even loses out to Unrealscript in that department). It's slow, it's clunky, supports true-3d very grudgingly and takes up far too much of your processing power for equivalent programs.

But it's easy, widely supported, backwards-and-forwards-and-cross-platform compatable, and never has a chance of destroying a hard drive. Different standards need to be drawn up for it's game development scene, and we're getting fairly close to finding out just what that is.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:34:16 Reply

At 9/29/06 01:09 PM, Mogly wrote: That really made me laugh, I didn't really know what to say. I think i'll lend him it on PS2 and see what he says then :/

It's not so much that the graphics are bad its that the 2d scene has sort of caused a rift among the console community... theres people who are hardcore breakthrough technology types that see AH and CC as a step back in the evolution of gaming and so they shun anything that isnt using breakthrough gaming engines and 3d renderers... and then theres the other half that find it refreshing that the 2d scene is alive and well and breaking from the endless see of FPS.

I think that the older crowd tend to side with the second group because we were around when nintendo was around and atari and shit and so we grew up with that shit, yall youngins were still a spunk puddles runnin' down a toilet seat of some club.

<3

None

TrueDarkness
TrueDarkness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 13:41:16 Reply

Hey, here's something I've been wondering.. What ever happened to the NG Rouges Gallery, did Denvish stop updating that or what? I thought that was a pretty cool idea...

Cybex
Cybex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 14:50:08 Reply

At 9/29/06 02:47 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Are birthday threads going to be thrown in here now, and would it be possible to start compiling a list of birthdays?

27th february. I'll be expecting presents.

fuzz
fuzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:01:37 Reply

At 9/29/06 02:50 PM, Cybex wrote:
At 9/29/06 02:47 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Are birthday threads going to be thrown in here now, and would it be possible to start compiling a list of birthdays?
27th february. I'll be expecting presents.

zomg 26th february for me :) i will also be expecting presents

Trunks
Trunks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:04:35 Reply

At 9/29/06 03:01 PM, fuzz wrote:
zomg 26th february for me :) i will also be expecting presents

I'm going to throw in my random January 12th.

:)

Check out my band by clicking my sig!

BBS Signature
TrueDarkness
TrueDarkness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:06:10 Reply

At 9/29/06 02:59 PM, Cybex wrote:
At 9/29/06 02:54 PM, DFox wrote: I'm not sure where you got NYC from.
I guess we'll never know.

Heh, just because you live in NY doesn't mean you live in the city, there are tons of areas in NY that you could live in =p

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:08:40 Reply

Okay, I am just going to start compiling a list of birthdays, and then when we get a good number, I'll post it, and then I'll get another 10 people running after the list telling me they want on, then I'll post it again.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
mynamewontfitin
mynamewontfitin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:16:29 Reply

My birthday was yesterday :P
I went to taco bell to celebrate.

citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:17:15 Reply

At 9/29/06 03:15 PM, blanblan wrote:
At 9/29/06 03:14 PM, Sam wrote: NG BBS : Happy birthday Onnet

Was yesterday bitches.
wats yer point?

Look up, they were asking for birthdays.

And happy birthday Mynamewontfitin, Taco bell, sounds fun ^^

Ani-Money
Ani-Money
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:30:13 Reply

OMG YES.

Just wondering how many of you have seen this.

i saw it a few weeks ago, but i don't think i showed any of you
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:33:57 Reply

At 9/29/06 03:30 PM, animoney wrote: OMG YES.

ErrorInformation

Sorry! An unexpected error has occured. The TED website administrator has been notified of the problem and we will work to solve it as soon as possible. Thank you.

Fuck :(

Ani-Money
Ani-Money
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:39:49 Reply

At 9/29/06 03:33 PM, Onnet wrote:
At 9/29/06 03:30 PM, animoney wrote: OMG YES.

ErrorInformation

Sorry! An unexpected error has occured. The TED website administrator has been notified of the problem and we will work to solve it as soon as possible. Thank you.

Fuck :(

OMGSUX2BEU. Hmmm, I'm not getting that error. Try again later, its definetly worth watching.

DFox
DFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:41:10 Reply

At 9/29/06 02:59 PM, Luis wrote: well im moving to nyc soon. dont discriminate.

Yeah, to be perfectly honest, I love the city and that's where I would like to live when I get my own place.

At 9/29/06 03:02 PM, TrueDarkness wrote: Oh, I remember reading somewhere that you lived in the city... Even awesomer, let's discuss what part of LI you live on over the internet for everyone to read =D
I'm in (abreviated to avoid peteophiles) NSUC

lolol. Well, being that anyone can just get my exact address from my website whois, I guess it's not bad saying I live in Syosset.

At 9/29/06 03:16 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: My birthday was yesterday :P
I went to taco bell to celebrate.

Awesome. Taco Bell rocks.

BBS Signature
Johnny
Johnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:09:07 Reply

At 9/28/06 06:13 PM, Luis wrote: when do you turn 27 anyway?

December 19th.

JoystickX

Not sure about the PM, I'll look again. Everything is crazy with me trying to release this game by tomorrow...

Luis... again.

You want an art director job? My girlfriend is Senior art director of multimedia and print for Gillespie advertising. Want a job? Move to Jersey. =) You can do ads for all the mcNeil products like motrin and Imodium.

Perpetually looking for time to return to the arts.

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:18:27 Reply

At 9/29/06 04:13 PM, liaaaam wrote:
At 9/29/06 03:30 PM, animoney wrote: OMG YES
Hot.. not practical enough to take over my laptop/PC though lol

Oh yeah I also meant to say that was awesome, one day it'll be at an affordable price and it'll be sweet, you know, like recreational space flight, have you heard about that? for a few million i think...or something

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:30:31 Reply

I have been working with one of these for the past year, it's an awesome experience. I am using it this quarter for a performance piece.

http://www.jazzmutan..m/lemur_overview.php

Hi there!

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:58:48 Reply

At 9/29/06 04:53 PM, Luis wrote: I had to do something... i noticed our forum performance numbers for Sept. and we were losing pageviews. :(

You have a quota to fill? Do you lose Mod privileges if you don't meet it? :p

I think it's the lack of people on summer vacation coming back that explain a drop for September's viewings.

So. Did anyone get Defcon and is anyone still as annoyed as I am with thier servers not working properly? Poor guys weren't expecting so much traffic methinks...

BBS Signature