Edvin
Edvin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 09:10:35 Reply

At 9/3/07 07:56 AM, trig1 wrote: I go back on wednesday. :'(

At least this year I dont have to waste an hour and a half a week in art (I dont care what you say, animators).

Since everyone's talking about school, I might as well join the band wagon. I'm on my last year of high school, and I start wendesday.. French school is horrible, I start at 8 am every day and finish at 5.30pm, on top of that, I have to got to school on saturday mornings >:U I have the following classes: Math, Physics, Chemistry, Science, Philosophy, Spanish, English, History/Geography, English ++ (lame program for people that are fluent that involves more english classes, and history in english), Art and PE.. Great no?

caseyo
caseyo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 10:31:08 Reply

At 9/3/07 09:10 AM, Edvin wrote: Great no?

lol

public speaking
math (one year up lol)
spanish
english
history basically
honors biology

my school uses really strange and confusing names for classes. my math is called "AL/GEO/ST 3P"(algebra, geometry, statistics), we say like AGS to abbreviate. I don't know what the P is, maybe like smart kid. Theres AGS 3T also, but thats one for kids who fail AGS 2.

its the hardest class ever. Its not like normal math where you like learn one thing and then build on it. we like learn something, stop talking about it, do like 2 more units, then use what we learned way earlier but way more complicated. its hard to explain. everyone hates it. i think they implemented it to stop kids from being bored doing one thing, so its like super spastic and swiss cheese learning.

also i go to school from like... 7:15 to 2:10

Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 11:32:02 Reply

At 9/2/07 11:17 PM, chillyphilly wrote: The Snow

Us Australians don't get to experience snow that often, as it rarely snows here unless it reeeaaally cold.

In Buffalo, NY, It's a miracle if we don't expierence snow 5-6 days out of the week December- Feburary (and sometimes March).

I just got back from a 3 day stay at the snow and i loved every minute of it. Snowboarding is the best fun ever.

Oh yes it is. I've been snowboarding 4 years now, and I'm starting to get damn good at it. Me and my friend Steve might eventually go to Colorado or Canada and find a bigger resort to go on.

Who else loves hitting the slopes and carving around bends and launching off bumps and jumps?

Me!!!!!

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 11:38:27 Reply

Yeah Cheek, around there you get a lot, I'm around there, so I get a SHITLOAD too. I mean we probably have like maybe 5 or 6 days of school off but yeah, it's really awesome when it does snow. But you guys are on the radio like 99% of the time without school haha. You must lose like a week or two or summer to snow days because of extra school. Yeah but I ski instead of snowboard. Maybe I'll try it.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
trig1
trig1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 11:47:34 Reply

PHP and Javascript are a lot easier than I thought. I created an entire contact-me thing on my site in a small amount of time, especially as it was my first PHP encounter, and only my third javascript.

dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 12:58:44 Reply

At 9/2/07 11:17 PM, chillyphilly wrote: Who else loves hitting the slopes and carving around bends and launching off bumps and jumps?

i started skiing when i was 4, and when i turned 10 i started snowboarding so:

6 years of skiing, then 6 years of snoboarding

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 13:25:42 Reply

At 9/2/07 11:17 PM, chillyphilly wrote: Who else loves hitting the slopes and carving around bends and launching off bumps and jumps?

I've been snowboarding 4 or 5 times over the years, i think 4, the last time i went i fell on my front knee so many times I had to stop because it was so bruised. It was either that I just sucked a great deal at snowboarding, or that I was not in shape at all....either way it was balls, but snowboarding is still really fun. Never skied.

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 13:33:59 Reply

At 9/3/07 11:38 AM, El-Presidente wrote: Yeah Cheek, around there you get a lot, I'm around there, so I get a SHITLOAD too. I mean we probably have like maybe 5 or 6 days of school off but yeah, it's really awesome when it does snow. But you guys are on the radio like 99% of the time without school haha. You must lose like a week or two or summer to snow days because of extra school. Yeah but I ski instead of snowboard. Maybe I'll try it.

You are thinking the city schools. The city schools have closed due to rain before. I'm in a close suburb of Buffalo, Cheektowaga (hence, Cheektoghetto). My old school rarely closed.

The old rule for temperature closings was it had to be -15 F or - 25 F Wind Chill to close.
Well we got a day off for cold, and they were unhappy about it.
So now its -25 F or -40 F wind chill to close.

They were smart about closings this past school year. We had the October Surprise Storm (got on National TV). Most schools were closed for 2 weeks. We closed for 1 and one of the days they used as a staff day, so it wouldn't count as much against us in summer.

And BTW, what general area are you in around WNY. I'm not talking address :P.

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:04:02 Reply

South West CT. Like within 40 minutes of NYC

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:05:43 Reply

At 9/3/07 02:04 PM, El-Presidente wrote: South West CT. Like within 40 minutes of NYC

You get Buffalo radio broadcasts there O.o.

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:07:25 Reply

Naw, but there's always like "Buffalos getting the heaviest snow and basically they're fucked" broadcasts. I don't know why, but yeah we get some of that. We don't probably get as much snow as you, but definetaly kinda close. I'm hoping for some snow this year haha.

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:12:21 Reply

At 9/3/07 02:07 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Naw, but there's always like "Buffalos getting the heaviest snow and basically they're fucked" broadcasts. I don't know why, but yeah we get some of that. We don't probably get as much snow as you, but definetaly kinda close. I'm hoping for some snow this year haha.

Yeah, you get the snow off of lake Ontario, which actually puts out more snow than Erie does at us, its just all that snow doesn't matter because there are ony a few big towns up there like Watertown and Mexico. Mexico, NY, got 12 feet of snow in a period of 2 weeks this past winter.

But yeah, we always get a couple snowstorms every year. Power goes out, town in panic, state of emergency, blah, blah, blah. It seems like all that would be a big deal, but you get used to it.

Also, I love in Florida how they get an inch of snow and the whole fucking city of Miami shuts down. Floridian pussys. Learn to drive in snow.

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:20:42 Reply

Lake Ontario?
Not near me. Not anywhere near me. I'm in like a suburb of NYC on the eastern side, right out of New York State. But anyways, yeah Miami is more than a bunch of pussies. They like think it's gonna kill you or something. They're like 1 WHOLE INCH! SHUT THE CITY DOWN! IT'S THE KILLER SNOW AGAIN! They really gotta learn...stupid Floridians is right.

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:28:18 Reply

At 9/3/07 02:20 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Lake Ontario?
Not near me. Not anywhere near me. I'm in like a suburb of NYC on the eastern side, right out of New York State.

Oops, stupid me. I'll include a map this time.

But anyways, yeah Miami is more than a bunch of pussies. They like think it's gonna kill you or something. They're like 1 WHOLE INCH! SHUT THE CITY DOWN! IT'S THE KILLER SNOW AGAIN! They really gotta learn...stupid Floridians is right.

But don't you know, in Florida snow is acidic and when you look at it your eyes melt. And touching it is even worse. If you touch it a snowman punches you in the face. Crazy florida snow.

Map done in MS Paint:

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:33:02 Reply

I've been snowboarding for 10 years. Snowboarding is fun :). I can't say its better than skiing though, you can totally haul ass when you are a two-planker.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:39:31 Reply

At 9/3/07 02:33 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I've been snowboarding for 10 years. Snowboarding is fun :). I can't say its better than skiing though, you can totally haul ass when you are a two-planker.

I WRECKED the hell out of a skier last year. He has flying down the hill, and he cut me off really fast. But the nose of my board caught the back of his skis, he caught his edge and flipped like crazy. Nothing happened to me because you turn on your nose anyway, so clipping my front didn't matter. Well, it threw me off a bit, but nothing that I couldn't recover from.

I was at the bottom and the guys skis up to me screaming at me. So instead of screaming back, me and my buddy who was riding with me at the time just walked towards the office. He followed screaming, and when we walked in we went to the front and reported him for reckless skiing.

They took away his pass on spot. I waved and blew him a kiss as me and my buddy walked out.

BBS Signature
sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:39:58 Reply

At 9/3/07 02:33 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I've been snowboarding for 10 years. Snowboarding is fun :). I can't say its better than skiing though, you can totally haul ass when you are a two-planker.

i prefer skiing.

NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 14:41:11 Reply

Hah, that's basically all I do when I ski. I have no skill of any kind, I just bomb straight down the hill. S'good fun :)

Don't care for boarding.

BBS Signature
FrozenFire
FrozenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 15:06:04 Reply

I live in the Southern States and do not recieve much snow, Whe I was younger I got to travel once a year to Keystone Colorado to ski. Now I probably have lost any skill that I might have had, I might as well try to pick up snowboarding if i ever get to go again.

BritishMoose
BritishMoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 15:13:52 Reply

I've only been skiing once, but it was great fun. I went with school to some mountain in Austria: 'cause it was my first time, I was rightly put into the bottom group but quickly ascended to the next group up and then to the one above that. During my stint in the second group (the second worst group) me and my friend asked the ski instructor whether we could go wait at the top and wait for the group. I asked in German (I like to think my German's pretty good) and he answered in English (bad English) and we thought he told us to go to the top of the mountain and ski down. Me and my friend did. We got to the bottom and found an irate teacher who told us that a search party had been sent out to locate us 'cause the ski instructor had lost two members of his group.
I was later informed by that same teacher that the ski instructor was not allowed to work at the resort anymore due to issues with his English.

What a fun story! I'm quite sad that I've just recounted my most memorable experience of skiing and it is deadly boring. Apologies!

Never forget...

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 15:56:44 Reply

At 9/3/07 02:41 PM, NegativeONE wrote: Hah, that's basically all I do when I ski. I have no skill of any kind, I just bomb straight down the hill.

Sounds like my little sister. Just start her at the top of the hill, line her up with the bottom, and just push her down.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 15:59:26 Reply

Boardin'

Snowboarding is one of my most favorite things to do ever. I try to go snowboarding as much as I can during the winter. Of course from where I lived it was about a 2-4 hour drive to anywhere decent. But it was always worth it.

Schooling

Since school is a hot button topic as of late I'll post my latest adventures. As some of you may or may not be aware I have entered my first year of College. I go to school in Philadelphia where I am attending the foundation year of art school with emphasis on Graphic Design. I don't start classes that go towards my major until Sophomore year so right now it's all pretty basic drawing and theory stuff.

So far I am absolutely loving school. The first week was pretty much just orientationing and parties and I've only had 3 days of classes so far. It is going to be a ton of work though. The first assignment in Drawing class was to draw 200 perfectly straight 24 inch lines by free hand. SUPER FUN.

I just got internet in my dorm so I'll try to check in every now and then and see whats happening. I hope everything is well with all of you.

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 16:20:55 Reply

Plug

Lemon Smash

</plug>

Snow Killing

The first time I went down a slope a smashed into these two people sitting in the middle of the slope, no idea why they were there, but I didn't know how to turn or stop, so i jumped on the ground and slid into them, crazy!

BBS Signature
Edvin
Edvin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 16:44:50 Reply

At 9/3/07 03:59 PM, Senti wrote: The first assignment in Drawing class was to draw 200 perfectly straight 24 inch lines by free hand. SUPER FUN.

Damn, I just tried doing that.. It's hard as fuck, I think I have Parkinson's syndrom.

Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 17:09:54 Reply

Skiing

I've never been skiing/snowboading, i've been taboggoing, but that's it :P. We've got a snowdome about 50 miles away, so i'll probably get some mates together sometime, when i have more than £20 in my bank account :P.

BBS Signature
trig1
trig1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 17:15:18 Reply

Think you're not nerdy enough? Get a firefox t-shirt!

Seriously, the only people who would go around in those really want the crap beaten out of them.

NextToNothing
NextToNothing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 17:25:45 Reply

At 9/2/07 11:17 PM, chillyphilly wrote: The Snow
Who else loves hitting the slopes and carving around bends and launching off bumps and jumps?

Snowboarding is one of my better sport/hobbies, I love every minute of it and at 2 1/2 hour drive away from a mountain day trips are pretty frequent with friends waking up at 5 is a pain but completely worth it.

I've been to colorado once and it was great fun, much different from California snow. I got really into urban snowboarding last season. Building a kicker to hit an oddly shaped hand rail is the best idea since snowboard halfpipe.

Fire Works

My friend had a bunch of fireworks last night and there was a party by his house. I ended up getting there at like 8 and the party really didn't start till like 10. So the obvious shit to do was to go light off some fireworks, a couple other people came and we decided to put a bunch of these spinner rocket things in a glass maple syrup bottle. The fuses are long so we get 3 of them in and screw the cap on before stepping back maybe 10 feet.

The explosion the bottle made was intense, glass flew way farther than we expected and a huge piece split open some guys shoe, didn't hurt his foot but kind of a bunch. I got a slice on my palm from some small piece that isn't to bad and other than that. I wish we had filmed it as it was pretty awesome.

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?
Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature
Pezboy440
Pezboy440
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 17:26:58 Reply

At 9/3/07 05:15 PM, trig1 wrote: Think you're not nerdy enough? Get a firefox t-shirt!

Seriously, the only people who would go around in those really want the crap beaten out of them.

lol. I saw those a week ago ! And whats funny is your completely right!

Battered-Prawn
Battered-Prawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 17:27:38 Reply

At 9/3/07 05:15 PM, trig1 wrote: Think you're not nerdy enough? Get a firefox t-shirt!

Lol, at least it's better than wearing a 'Windows user and proud' shirt XD

Why not send me a PM, or visit my User Page

BBS Signature
NextToNothing
NextToNothing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-03 17:49:23 Reply

Firefox T-shirts

I don't condone...

Old portal Buddies Link

Anyone have the direct link to portal buddies? I know its around and I should add it to my bookmarks.

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?
Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature