TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 18:29:29 Reply

Re: Strict Parents

When I was lil' kid if I did somethin' wrong I'd get a shot in the side or back of the head, no dinner, and would have to stay in the corner of my room for at least 5 hours.
I'm older now and the only one left is my mother who's too busy to phoune me more then twice a month! :)

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature
edit-undo
edit-undo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 18:51:01 Reply

My parents are quite happy to let me out all day without really knowing where I am, as long as I'm home by 11pm. But if I want to stay somewhere overnight, it's a completely different story, they have to know exactly where I'll be, who I'm with, is there alcohol, will I "be safe" if I "fool around" with "girls". They definitely wouldn't let me go as far as London without a responsible adult there :(

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 18:51:14 Reply

Parents

My parents aren't too strict. I mean they don't ground us or anything, but so far they haven't had much to ground me for, so it's alright. Anyways, yeah they're not bad about that.

Flash and Time

Yeah all of the charts you made are right, and it's definitely 100% true that if your game is too complicated, then people just won't sit there and learn how to play it. It's kind of a bummer and also, it's hard to come up with so many simple ideas. I mean I just came up with one today, but I'm even scared it'll be too complicated.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
CrazyChihuahua
CrazyChihuahua
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 18:54:16 Reply

Strict Parents

My parents are pretty cool about most things. They support me in pretty much whatever I want to do (my mom liked the idea I want to get a tattoo). I live with just my mom, and there's never any problems with curfew and whatnot (which makes sense, I'm 18). She also would always rent my and my brother games from Blockbuster when we were younger. That was always cool. As for my dad, he showed us kids the movie Full Metal Jacket (suicide scene and all) when we were young (I was about 5), and my parents in general were never too worried about what we saw.

In short, no, my parents aren't strict at all.

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 18:55:54 Reply

At 9/8/07 06:23 PM, Luis wrote:
Thats a good question actually. Do people have strict parents.. My parents were always pretty much pushovers.. omg i hope they dont read this post

I don't think parents stalk 21 year old mods on NG forums.

Strict Parents

My parents are damn strict. I try to maintain a good boy image to them, but I always lie to them and go out and do shit I shouldn't. I guess you could say I secretly rebelled, because I drink and smoke weed and party, kinda due to the fact that they are so hard on me.

If you guys have a meetup in Toronto, I'll probably come, just tell my parents that I'm heading up to Toronto for something. I'm getting my license soon, and its a 4 hour drive from Buffalo. 3 hours if you're smart about it ;).

Radar Detector ;D

BBS Signature
Buzzwerd
Buzzwerd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 18:56:59 Reply

At 9/8/07 06:51 PM, edit-undo wrote: "girls"

I like how you put girls in quotes.

BBS Signature
Johnny
Johnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 19:21:40 Reply

Strict parents

Mine were pretty non-existant for most of my life... so no, I guess not.

By the way, hello everyone! Long time, no see.

Perpetually looking for time to return to the arts.

BBS Signature
NextToNothing
NextToNothing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 19:24:20 Reply

Strict Parents

My parents are pretty chill as long as they know the general location of where I end up sleeping their fine, before 12 or so they never ask where I'm going...

My mom does go from 0 to bitchfest in 4.7 seconds but it's always just yelling, never any real consequences.

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?
Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature
edit-undo
edit-undo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 19:24:40 Reply

At 9/8/07 06:56 PM, Buzzwerd wrote:

Well, who can really be sure about anything anymore.

Jobs
What do you lot do as a jobs, if anything? I need to get an after-school/weekend job but I'm not sure what kind of place I should work or how much I should expect to be paid. Any ideas for a first job?

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 19:42:16 Reply

At 9/8/07 07:24 PM, edit-undo wrote:
At 9/8/07 06:56 PM, Buzzwerd wrote:
Well, who can really be sure about anything anymore.

LOL

Jobs
What do you lot do as a jobs, if anything? I need to get an after-school/weekend job but I'm not sure what kind of place I should work or how much I should expect to be paid. Any ideas for a first job?

Jobs

I used to stock carpets and unload shipments at my dad's work (carpet store), but then I got laid off. Then they fired me. It took them a month and a half to pay me.

I'm trying to get a new job, hopefully my buddy can get me a job down at the local Eckerd (Drugstore).

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 20:20:38 Reply

Parents
My mom told me I couldn't date my girlfriend so she took away my tuition money and home, and I had to work 2 full-time jobs to stay in college and then had to work my ass off for the next three years while trying to find somewhere to live and trying to come up with an apartment for next year with zero-credit and a cosigner.

I ended up with the girl and diploma in the end, I guess I can't complain too much.

My dad is awesome.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 20:25:03 Reply

At 9/8/07 04:45 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Enjoyability factor drops significantly because people don't want to spend hours learning how to play a flash game.

I disagree. There's a lot riding on Flash games to be more like console games, and that level of objectivity is becoming more and more desired. Take games such as Desktop Tower Defense or even Newgrounds Rumble. You won't find higher scoring titles, and they thrive on your ability to decrypt patterns and learn the gameplay.

There, I included you in the conversation Luis.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
CrazyChihuahua
CrazyChihuahua
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 20:47:08 Reply

Flash-Luis is alive!

My mom was watching Maid in Manhattan, and I saw this kid and it struck me. I thickened the eye brow to match Luis' Flash persona, but the rest is real.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
spare-jello
spare-jello
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 21:31:43 Reply

Parents

Mine aren't like... completely controlling, but they're definatly strict. I HAVE to play an instrument, no TV in the mornings, things like that, but other than that they're cool (with me). My siblings, on the other hand, are always acting like they're the bosses and they get... stuff taken away and stuff. But it's always a ton of yelling.

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised I'm not emo.

I've gone and become an SSBB addict... what to do, what to do...

BBS Signature
Cheektoghetto
Cheektoghetto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 21:35:14 Reply

At 9/8/07 09:31 PM, spare-jello wrote: Parents

My siblings, on the other hand, are always acting like they're the bosses and they get... stuff taken away and stuff. But it's always a ton of yelling.

YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL! I have a 19 year old sister who is an idiot and acts like shes 14, and she always tries to order us around. And when she doesn't get her way (which she never does) she starts screaming and throwing shit. She broke her DirecTV remote by throwing it at me when I asked her for my movie back. Then when she gets outta hand when my dad is home, he flips put on her, because hes 50% Italian, so he's got a SHORT fuse. Usually she ends up crying and my dad yells at me no matter what I say to him next, because he is still riled up.

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 22:42:48 Reply

At 9/8/07 08:25 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I disagree. There's a lot riding on Flash games to be more like console games, and that level of objectivity is becoming more and more desired. Take games such as Desktop Tower Defense or even Newgrounds Rumble. You won't find higher scoring titles, and they thrive on your ability to decrypt patterns and learn the gameplay.

There, I included you in the conversation Luis.

Yes, that's what the 2nd peak would be. The thing is, there's such a thing as overly complicated which would cause a fall. Like, if EVERY button on the keyboard was used for the in game controls, and if it takes too long to learn the controls then it will score lower.

As I said, there'd be 2 peaks. One for the simple concepts executed well, and another higher peak for the complicated concept executed well. However, if you pass that point then you have problems.

Console games get that too. Stuff that's too complicated to get into can be just as bad as a game with no depth.

Meebs
Meebs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 23:03:52 Reply

At 9/8/07 10:42 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: As I said, there'd be 2 peaks. One for the simple concepts executed well, and another higher peak for the complicated concept executed well. However, if you pass that point then you have problems.

Console games get that too. Stuff that's too complicated to get into can be just as bad as a game with no depth.

yeah, but sometimes complex controls are fun too.
You will know what I mean if you have played ssx blur, the controls are pretty hard to learn, especially to do uber tricks, but once you get good it's really rewarding.

..::Flash For Breakfast::....::Indie::...::Albino Cop::....::Epic Riffs::..

BBS Signature
caseyo
caseyo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-08 23:12:45 Reply

my parents were more strict when i was younger but im the best fucking kid ever

i get mostly a's in school, i dont drink or smoke or do drugs or anything. i only hang out with nice girls, i dont get in fights etc etc. but its cool because i can come home at midnight and not get any shit. :D

but like when i was little i couldnt watch tv in the morning(i dont now even though i can) i never even had ANY videogames until last christmas where i got xbox(not 360) but that was just for DDR. one thing i didnt like was that my parents didnt let me watch an PG/PG-13/R movies until i was like in 5th grade.

also i ate really healthy in elementary, lunch was weird and awkward for me because i was self conscious about my carrots and cucumbers when everyone else had chips and cookies. it was stupid and not true but i felt not part of the group because of that and the movie thing

also i never had cable tv until 7th grade

DarkMana
DarkMana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 00:46:18 Reply

RE: Parents

My parents aren't too strict. They've never really had issues with me watching any rating of movie, unless it had nudity in it. Now my dad doesn't care, but my mom still gets agitated. My dad's awesome. As for video games, both of my parents have a "why bother" attitude, but they won't prevent me from supplying myself (although my dad does enjoy a good play-through of Diablo 2 :D ). They've never bought me a single videogame console, ever. I had two NESs and a SNES when I was younger, all of them were free from friends. I bought myself a PS2 several years ago, and then a computer two years ago.

Other than that, my parents like to know where I am past 10 PM, my dad has never once said "no" to a friend coming over, and my mom hates it when people sleep over (but it happens anyways).

Asus P5Q PRO, Intel E8400 @ 3.60 GHz, 4GB DDR2-1000, ATI HD4850

BBS Signature
Siggy0501
Siggy0501
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 01:28:17 Reply

Parents

Mine are the best. They're extremely lenient for the most part, but they aren't pushovers either.

Level 21!! <3

NextToNothing
NextToNothing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 02:14:53 Reply

Old threads

Fuck me, I hate it when people bump old threads I read through 3 or so of the pages post and find out someone bumped it from years ago...

Complexity

And in terms of complexity for score it definetly has a duel peak, less complex gets a higher score medium complex gets a lower and higher complexity gets a higher score... (still has to be fun though)

Pickles
I know it was discussed a while ago but everyone has seen
this right? you should ship a box to her ;)

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?
Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature
TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 03:06:45 Reply

Re: Pickles!

That girl will never grow up healthy...
As for me I <3 mah pickles! :3

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature
dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 03:18:27 Reply

Did i make a new record for being the first person to actually ban himself? I don't mean get banned, i mean actually ban himself :D

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 03:45:33 Reply

Parents

My parents are reasonably strict, never take crap from me and I have to show respect. I like it the way it is, instead of being pushovers and being strict is better because I will probably end up with more discipline and will probably more successful in life... and being able to do whatever I want just doesn't seem right... and I hate it when parents are pushovers and let their kids get away with absolutely everything.

BBS Signature
DFox
DFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 03:49:57 Reply

NG score stuff

I think all of you read into it way, way too much.

It starts out as a tremendously flawed score because it is against the same rating scale as Flash movies. Secondly, the NG audience is extremely narrow minded, and too many of them feel they for some reason have the ability to judge Flash elements rather than just rate based on their actually enjoyment of the game.

Next, you have scores heavily weighted by favoritism. More popular authors get higher scores and it's as simple as that. Go to any other site on the net and any Flash game has a chance of fairing much better than here on Newgrounds.

To top off the flawed game scores, you then have the people who voice their opinion on the content once every day which completely butchers the validity of the score.

So, my point is, trying to actually make a set in stone line item or graph or whatever to predict/explain NG scores would be as hard as making one on winning the Lottery.

BBS Signature
DFox
DFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 03:53:41 Reply

At 9/9/07 03:49 AM, DFox wrote: To top off the flawed game scores, you then have the people who voice their opinion on the content once every day which completely butchers the validity of the score.

Oh, and I almost forgot. To throw another wrench into it, some users happen to have "better opinions" as they are given more votes than others, which also negatively effects the predictability and validity of scores.

BBS Signature
charl089
charl089
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 05:37:11 Reply

does anybody know how to put a loop on liveswif files

WHEEL OF FORTUNE- category people who annoy you-
-n?ggers-n*ggers
um....no the awnser was naggers

BBS Signature
charl089
charl089
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 05:40:20 Reply

loop in animation not sound or anything else like that

WHEEL OF FORTUNE- category people who annoy you-
-n?ggers-n*ggers
um....no the awnser was naggers

BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 06:02:49 Reply

At 9/9/07 05:40 AM, charl089 wrote: loop in animation not sound or anything else like that

Get out. Seriously.
First off, this isn't a thread where you discuss that type of stuff. And secondly, This is a 'Flash' forum for a reason.

NG Scorings
In my opinion; Newgrounders only come here for entertainment. And that's what they expect. Most of them don't bother caring for the detail and skill anyway as most of them aren't regulars in the BBS, or the NG community at all.

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-09 06:13:33 Reply

Let's keep the meanness to a minimum, gents.

BBS Signature