00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,882,152 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-23 21:40:20

At 9/23/07 09:32 PM, Momo-the-Monkey wrote:
At 9/23/07 09:05 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Pissed at MindChamber
Even though I can see how you're pissed, I can also see how MindChamber thinks you stole it. Look how good of a quality that is, compared your banner. It does seem a bit odd (not taking any sides here :p)

No, that's hardly the point. You can agree with the "stealing" or whatever but that is totally irrelevant. MC was just being immature about the whole situation, trying to bring ShortMonkey down.

ShortMonkey, your comments were a little rough, but you don't need to be ridculed for it. Rather then saying that things are ugly, say that YOU don't like it, because some things aren't ugly to other people.

Either way, I've never been a huge fan of the way MC handles things. He's an amazing artist, he just has a lot of shit to say about everyone else. He reviewd one of my games saying it was too much like Dan Paladins, when Dan's game wasn't even a thought in the process of our game. He also said it was unoriginal out of spite of the fact that it may look like Dan's game. =/

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 01:30:00

At 9/23/07 05:32 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: I Need Some Advice

I find it interesting that your post showed very little interest in the girl at all. I mean, you seemed just more concerned about what other people think about you instead of what you really wanted to do. But beyond that, here are some tips from someone not stuck in high school drama.

Remember that there are three groups of people involved in this potential relationship: you, the girl, and your friends. From previous experience, life requires you to balance all three. If you dip out of your own life for your girlfriend and start ditching your friends all the time, there goes the whole balance. If you only pay attention to your friends, you'll be missing out on the girl. From what I see, you are going to be in awkward position with everyone. Is she worth it? Will you be able to balance your life?

Second, don't worry about your age difference. I dated my girlfriend when I was a Senior and she was a Junior, and we have been together 4 years (Oct 2 is our anniversary). Really, is shouldn't be a worry as long as it's someone you know will be good for you. I would be worry if she was 5 years different at your age, but it shouldn't be a worry at all.

And third, it sounds like you just want to be with her because she likes you. Probably not the best thing. I mean, its really flattering to know someone might like you, but do you like her because of her or because of her liking you?

I vote "wait and see." I don't believe in the "take the plunge" unless you really like her, but it doesn't really sound like it from what you wrote. It takes more than a hot body to get past the first date, and high school relationships are a lot harder to break out of than later relationships... friend drama, your own drama, school drama, drama drama... etc.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 02:56:49

Re: Pissed at Mindchamber

MC's a great artist and etc., but as a person he can be cold. However he's pretty cool most of the time. The big guy just needs a hug! ^^
...or a new vintage Transformer action figure.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 04:50:52

Advice
Just wondering how are you both in the same class but in different year groups?

And just ask her out dont listen to what people say why should you live life differently because of hat people think about you.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 09:37:12

RE: Mindchamber

I personally like MC as a person and artist.. I think hes a bit more extremist than i am at times but i like it when you get the full range of a persons personality online, not just the im here to be friends kind.

Not everyone on the internet is going to be your friend, not everyone will like your work, not everyone will see things how you see them and thats okay in my book. Some people are rough around the edges like MC and some are more pacifists like jmtb.. i love em both and i like that they are both different. it'd be so boring dealing with the same shit.

RE: Relationship woes

I agree with John, youre more looking out for your friends/her friends interests.. you sure you like her?

RE: Arsonists

I find kids playing with fire immature and cliche. grow up.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 10:46:24

My pub!

They've turned my fav uni pub into a bar! woe is me! :'(

lol, Luis doesn't know the difference between the two!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 10:47:33

Re: Kirks Pup
That sucks... You should call in a bomb scare to make 'em change it back. :P

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 10:52:57

Pubs
:At 9/24/07 10:46 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:

They've turned my fav uni pub into a bar! woe is me! :'(

Hm, pubs > bar, but I guess the majority disagrees.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 12:33:58

At 9/24/07 10:52 AM, Xeptic wrote: Hm, pubs > bar, but I guess the majority disagrees.

The majority are wrong!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 13:39:31

At 9/24/07 12:33 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: The majority are wrong!

agreed

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 13:46:30

What's the difference between a pub and a bar? And majority is singular, in case you were wondering...

p

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 13:47:42

C++ is scaring me

I suck at it :(

Not quitting though. So far the only thing I've been able to make is a command-program thing that tells you the hex and oct of the number you put in. I'm proud :D. Still gotta advance a lot though. :\

Enough rambling.

I'm not actually trying to seek any help from this post, just want to say.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 14:03:51

At 9/24/07 01:46 PM, Coaly wrote: What's the difference between a pub and a bar?

they are very different

And majority is singular, in case you were wondering...

its both depending upon its use:

majority is a word:
the majority is larger than the minority
the majority [of people] are stupid ignorant fucks.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 14:16:08

At 9/24/07 02:03 PM, dELtaluca wrote:
At 9/24/07 01:46 PM, Coaly wrote: What's the difference between a pub and a bar?
they are very different

terrible answer...

And majority is singular, in case you were wondering...
its both depending upon its use:
majority is a word:
the majority is larger than the minority
the majority [of people] are stupid ignorant fucks.

...hmm, that makes me wonder about it because I don't think prepositional clauses like of "people" are supposed to affect the verb...flippin engirsh

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 14:26:25

At 9/24/07 01:47 PM, trig1 wrote: C++ is scaring me

Don't let it scare you, it's not that hard actually.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 14:47:03

Thought I'd respond to the responses, I've received about my pyromaniac ways.

At 9/23/07 08:39 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Did I mention that fireworks are illegal in massachusetts?

Fireworks are illegal in New Jersey as well. We had some fireworks, and they were supplied by my brother's room, but I just told them that I found them behind some building when I was walking around town. I don't think that'd be the problem though.

At 9/23/07 08:54 PM, NextToNothing wrote: Also as a minor on probation you can be searched for no reason other than you're on probation

Well, I don't quite have anything in my pockets besides pencils, and some body spray. That's really it. I don't have any zippos or lighters at all. I'm a good kid, besides that day. Oh god.

In general that completely blows, hoping you just get a fine... and as long as you're polite and seem regretful I highly doubt they'd stick you with probation.

I'll try my best to show I'm regretful, because I am honestly. I'm usually polite to everyone, it's just i'll tell the truth, and I have to see if my other friends that were involved will. We better all have the same story.

At 9/24/07 09:37 AM, Luis wrote: I find kids playing with fire immature and cliche. grow up.

It is very immature. It's dangerous as well. I'm not trying to be quite cliche though, it was just a thing my friend started up one day, so I just joined in. Oh well. Gotta face the consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 15:48:25

Re: Advice

Ok, about the advice thing, I Think I'm gonna have to shed some light on the situation.

To jmtb, the main reason I'm worried about what other people because I just moved. I haven't found a real group I fit into at the new place yet, so by doing this I may just become a social outcast, because I lack many friends. I do have real interest in the girl, Just kinda worried bout how that will affect my social life here.

Also, I'm not just trying to ask her out because she likes me, that sounds desperate, we've been talking for a while in Biology and she seems like a very nice girl. There are a few other chix that like me too but...

The unfortunate part is that those other chicks make me want to 'Man The Harpoons'.

To Radioactive, yes thats what I am planning on doing, I figure her friends are the least likely group for me to fall into, so hell, I got nothing to lose. And yes, one thing that I know has always separated me from other guys is my confidence with chicks. I was lucky in figuring out early on that stuttering out a random jumble of syllables that sounds like somewhat like 'Will you go out with me' doesn't work. Although not looking at her chest.... That might be the hard part....

To Wurmy, well, relationships are funny in the way how they can last, or be over quickly, but the same applies to friends. Friends can be lost rather quickly themselves. So going with friends isn't exactly the best. Thanks for the input though.

To Kart-Man, well, your input was sarcastic and doesn't help, and made me feel bad that an Avril Levigne song is my life. But anyway thanks for err... Trying?

I would like to give huge thanks to Radioactive and jmtb for there input, both were very helpful. I think I will end up asking her out in the next few weeks. I'll post info on it later and maybe a pic in my news posts for good measure ;).

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 15:50:46

At 9/24/07 02:47 PM, Rudy wrote: Thought I'd respond to the responses, I've received about my pyromaniac ways.

Rudy seriously, we have to stop making large posts right on top of each other XD

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 17:17:11

At 9/24/07 03:48 PM, Cheektoghetto wrote: To Wurmy, well, relationships are funny in the way how they can last, or be over quickly, but the same applies to friends. Friends can be lost rather quickly themselves. So going with friends isn't exactly the best. Thanks for the input though.

I guess I just go about friends in another way. I'd rather have good friends than lots of friends. And pretty much all the friends I make are friends for life :o Like my friends in Spain that I saw this summer :D I hope to go again this year but probably won't :( Oh well... getting off topic.. heh

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 18:15:45

At 9/24/07 01:46 PM, Coaly wrote: What's the difference between a pub and a bar? And majority is singular, in case you were wondering...
p

At the UK Meetup we came to the conclusion that a pub is where you wouldn't be afraid to take your family. It's more of a sit down, relax kind of drinking establishment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 18:23:24

I can't say the word pub without thinking of Shaun of the Dead.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 18:33:18

At 9/24/07 06:23 PM, Siggy0501 wrote: I can't say the word pub without thinking of Shaun of the Dead.

That's when you know you're american, and I just saw the second half of hot fuzz the other day, really good movie.

And for anyone who wanted to know, majority is used with a plural verb when the group is considered as a whole but with a singular verb when the group is considered as a set of people considered individually. So that's why the majority is right, and why the majority of people are wrong. Grammar lesson for the day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 18:44:46

Ipod Touch

I really want one! Hopefully it doesn't have the problems that the iphone had... I heard that they come out the 28th, but some of my friends already have them... any clue how?

Games|1|2|3| Movies|1|2|

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 18:57:03

At 9/24/07 06:44 PM, Nuggs wrote:

:but some of my friends already have them... any clue how?

Ask them?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 19:18:50

At 9/24/07 07:05 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Mobile Phones
Seriously, what's the deal with 10 year olds and up with mobile phones? Almost everyone has a mobile phone when they don't need it! I use my Mum's old mobile when I go to places so I can ring up and ask if I want to stay longer or I'm ready to be picked up and all.

Kids these days

I went to hollister saturday, first of all that store sucks, loud music closed spaces and spot light lighting is not cool, but anyway that's not the story, when I went to check out, there were three girls that were probably 12 maybe younger in front of me, and they all took out purses which you know cost too much and started taking out money you know they shouldn't have had. It was almost like a scene from mean girls except they were probably in middle school. Why do parents want their kids to be like that. I might come back to how much i hate hollister and the likes later, but that's sort of just me complaining, and I still buy some shirts from them so i'm contradictory.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 19:19:09

Employment

Dang, the only chance I have for a job around here is at a natural foods store. I hope to get a job in some sort of design field in the future. Or self-employed somehow.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 19:19:58

At 9/24/07 07:05 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Mobile Phones
Maybe the parents give them mobile phones so if something happens at school they can ring up. I personally, don't think people need mobiles until they are an adult - what's the point? I find it stupid to be honest...

I think kids get mobile phones way to early as well.
But I think you should have them atleast at 15. I had one when I was 13 i think, only became really nessescary at 14, but I could not live without one now...well actually I probably could, but whatever, my phone is like a cheap 30 dollar one (I like it, it was just cheap)

I think it's outrageous when little kids have like iPhones or like...chocolates.
And I see that frequently because my town is fairly wealthy.
God damn rich babies.

..::Flash For Breakfast::....::Indie::...::Albino Cop::....::Epic Riffs::..

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 19:56:54

At 9/24/07 07:18 PM, Coaly wrote: Kids these days

Lol i hate holister and AE and Abercrombie & Fitch... i've actually never set foot on any of em cause im not white :(

Anyway i still find them repulsive.. i walk by them and i can smell the nasty ass cologne samples, and the big ass posters of black and white photos of caucasian men with their pubes coming out of their jeans... fuckin gross... any guy that will buy jeans on the basis of all american HANDSOME hunk with his pubes and scrotum flappin out has some serious issuesssssss lmao

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 20:12:13

At 9/24/07 07:56 PM, Luis wrote: big ass posters of black and white photos of caucasian men with their pubes coming out of their jeans...

Wait.. that's...real?
Scared for life :(
Now I has something against those clothes x(
(Although I never really wore them anyways)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-09-24 20:35:18

At 9/24/07 08:12 PM, Wurmy1029 wrote:
At 9/24/07 07:56 PM, Luis wrote: big ass posters of black and white photos of caucasian men with their pubes coming out of their jeans...
Wait.. that's...real?

I hope to god thats a satirical photoshopping. If not I just gained another reason to despise A&F, Aeropostale, AE, Hollister, etc.

And Luis you have a great point. Why would guys buy clothing from a place that plasters male models abs in the front of the store?

Also, I have been thrown out of A&F on several occasions. All for dancing to the crappy techno. Me and my friends argued 'Why play it if we can't dance to it?' We have since gained permission from the mall security to dance outside the store, we just can't be in it.

Which we did dance outside it for a while, then they started threating us with being jumped. We thought 'Empty threats', then one of us got beaten up by steroid filled white kids. Since then we decided it's better not to risk it.

We are however thinking of getting all our friends together and dancing outside it in a huge group. It would work like a 4chan habbo raid minus the racism and DESU spam.

JC Penney's FTW

BBS Signature